The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Viewer popularity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-02, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Viewer popularity"
Looks like most of the website votes must be TV viewers rather than live feed viewers, cuz Amy one of the lowest rated hamsters (Gerry is lower, and Josh is the bottom). And Chiara is rated higher than them, Lisa and Dani.

The top 2 are Jason by a large margin, and Roddy.

Jason - 86%
Roddy - 68%
Marcellas - 63%
Eric - 61%
Chiara - 60%
Dani - 59%
Lisa - 55%
Amy - 47%
Gerry - 45%
Josh - 21%

- This Space For Rent

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Viewer popularity ejm92 08-04-02 1
 RE: Viewer popularity SurvivinDawg 08-04-02 2
   RE: Viewer popularity Drive My Car 08-04-02 3
       RE: Viewer popularity SurvivinDawg 08-04-02 4
           RE: Viewer popularity sleeeve 08-04-02 6
 RE: Viewer popularity LadyLuna 08-04-02 5
   RE: Viewer popularity sherlock 08-05-02 7
       RE: Viewer popularity ejm92 08-05-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-04-02, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Viewer popularity"
Aaaarrrrghhhhhhh.....CBS is trying to make Chiara/Roddy/Eric/Lisa look like the good guys due to their cute coupleishness......soon we will see that Marcy/TheKid/Danielle are the true heroes of this show.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Viewer popularity"
While Jason and Marcellas probably ARE high, I doubt the authenticity of these numbers. I would not put it past SeeBS to outright manipulate these numbers to help out Roddy, Eric, and ChiWhora. ChiWhora MUST have prostituted herself with the SeeBS men, because she is being treated sssooooo special...

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Viewer popularity"

I worry about people who put their faith in the conspiricy theory.
Just saying

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Viewer popularity"
Yeah yeah yeah yeah, just call me "Conspiracy Dawg"

Seriously, SeeBS did seem to manipulate number for Survivor (Hunter was high, then "surprisingly" waxed, Gina was high, then "surprisingly" waxed, etc.), and now it's happening for BB3. Call it conspiracy if you like, but a pattern is there...

And remember: "It ain't paranoia if they really are out to get ya!"

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-04-02, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Viewer popularity"
>Seriously, SeeBS did seem to manipulate
>number for Survivor (Hunter was
>high, then "surprisingly" waxed, Gina
>was high, then "surprisingly" waxed,
>etc.), and now it's happening
>for BB3. Call it
>conspiracy if you like, but
>a pattern is there...

You think so??? I definately agree there's a pattern.

Right before Hunter was eliminated, they showed him as a strong leader on the show... people on this website raved about how great he was, and about how he deserved to win... THEN he was eliminated.

Similarly with Gina.

The pattern isn't one of conspiracy... it's one of editing... if the audience is gonna foster hate (and remember that there needs to be a bad guy, or we're left with the boredom that S3 exhibited), then someone that the audience loves must be eliminated... that's editing... not some weird website conspiracy... and it's happening again for BB3.

Blame the producers... not the web geeks... most of BB3's audience doesn't even visit the site... do you really think that adjusting the contestant's ratings serves a purpose??? Are people gonna change their opinion of contestants based on what some website tells them to think?? I doubt it.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

LadyLuna 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyLuna Click to send private message to LadyLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Viewer popularity"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-02 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

Heh, just had to comment on this because this list is pretty close to how *I* feel about these contestants. My popularity list would look more like this:

1. Jason (cause he's a hottie)
2. Chiara (she's interesting, I like her, I guess I don't have the feeds so her potty mouth does not bother me)
3. Dani (she's a very good player--too good though, she's threatening to others)
4. Marcellas (he's alright, but he's starting to annoy me a little)
5. Lisa (I feel pretty neutral towards her)
6. Roddy (totally full of himself, can't stand him)
7. Eric (Roddy's little puppy, at least his sleep talking is entertaining)
8. Amy (didn't like her but she was entertaining, sorry she left)
9. Gerry (BORING!)
10.Josh (whiny, sniveling, groveling, woman-hating loser)

So, in my case, this list is not too far off the mark, therefore I wouldn't think about any kind of conspiracy. Also, does a rating really affect how we rate these people? Can it change our like/dislike of a contestant--probably not.

sherlock 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-05-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sherlock Click to send private message to sherlock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Viewer popularity"
I would put Josh ahead of Chiara, any day. He has gone up in my standards, or she has gone down, or both.

"Elementary, my dear Watson!"

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-05-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Viewer popularity"
I agree.....Josh has slowly improved (almost identical to Will's improvement last year).....and Chiara has totally went downhill.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •