The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alex's red flags"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-25-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alex's red flags"
I was totally confused by last night's episode when Alex and Melana had their evening date. He started talking about his ex and how she cheated on him, was on prozac, etc. and Melana freaked out. She kept saying that each piece of information was another "red flag." How so? Did she think it was his fault that his ex was a psycho?

I though Alex had a nice personality. On top of that, he has an actual real job - vet tech. I was sorry to see him go. I actually didn't find him all that attractive, physically, but he seemed real and sincere.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alex's red flags stacey72472 11-25-03 1
   RE: Alex's red flags JustMe2001M 11-25-03 2
 RE: Alex's red flags mrbluesky 11-25-03 3
   RE: Alex's red flags hunterjax 11-25-03 4
       RE: Alex's red flags Chrissy gal 11-25-03 5
 RE: Alex's red flags gotmyjd2003 11-25-03 6
   RE: Alex's red flags JustMe2001M 11-25-03 8
   RE: Alex's red flags escapedude 11-25-03 11
       RE: Alex's red flags ego 12-03-03 22
 RE: Alex's red flags strange_encounter 11-25-03 7
 RE: Alex's red flags CyberCooties 11-25-03 9
   RE: Alex's red flags hunterjax 11-25-03 10
       RE: Alex's red flags sungreen 11-25-03 12
           RE: Alex's red flags Wacko Jacko 11-25-03 13
           RE: Alex's red flags mrbluesky 11-25-03 14
               RE: Alex's red flags bell83 11-25-03 15
                   RE: Alex's red flags mcjesq 11-26-03 16
                       RE: Alex's red flags bell83 11-26-03 17
                       RE: Alex's red flags Robotext 11-28-03 18
                           RE: Alex's red flags CyberCooties 11-28-03 21
       RE: Alex's red flags CyberCooties 11-28-03 20
 RE: Alex's red flags heracane 11-28-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

stacey72472 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-25-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stacey72472 Click to send private message to stacey72472 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I think she was a little freaked because of all the problems with his ex.It started with him sitting outside her apartment for 6 hours (a bit stalker like)she was on prozac(why does Melana need to know that??) and I think he said she was in jail too??(sounds like too much drama to me)
I mean, who tells someone all that on a first date??? As Melana said, it was "way too much information"

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alex's red flags"
All things considered, he could have been being quite candid. Too much information would have been that he "met" her in jail.

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I don't understand the red flags either. I didn't like him at first, but after hearing him talk it looks like he was a real nice guy. I was also sorry to see him go.

My guess is Melena didn't understand that sometimes good people get hooked up with bad people and it doesn't work out. Some decent guys try to be the knight in shining armor and save the damsel in distress from herself and it just spirals out of control.

11-25-03, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alex's red flags"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-03 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

I can see the "knight is shining armor" thing. Alex's bio on the Average Joe website said he had never drank alcohol or done drugs, so I bet he thought he could help his ex "go straight." I still don't see how his devotion could reflect badly on him. To me it just means that he lets himself be taken advantage of.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-25-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Although I don't think he is good looking, I thought he seemed like a nice guy. They chopped up his conversation about his ex-girlfriend enough that I couldn't really tell what he was talking about. I hope he finds a nice girl who doesn't have too much baggage.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

gotmyjd2003 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gotmyjd2003 Click to send private message to gotmyjd2003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alex's red flags"
You know the old saying "you can tell alot about a person by the friends that he surrounds himself with?" I think it's that kind of a situation. It's like, yes, he's not the one who's on Prozac and everything, but if he got involved with a girl who was messed up like that, what does that say about him? And the whole waiting outside her apartment for 6 hours...hmmm...still, I have to admit, I did feel really bad for him when he broke down and cried. He seemed very sincere, especially for a reality show contestant.

Here's the thing that i really want to talk about though...I really think that the show messed up by adding these new "modely" guys, because what we're now left with are four "good" looking people!! It's not "Average" Joe anymore!!! All the "normal" looking people are now gone!!! That sucks. This might as well be any other reality show now. and the whole stunt about her dressing up as a fat cousin next week is stupid. So what if the good-looking guys bag on her for being ugly. It would have been alot cooler to have the ugly guys still on, because I'll bet they would've been alot nicer to the fat girl, causing her to look past their physical shortcomings. The producers really dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if that's why the show was put on the shelf for so long before they finally aired it?

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Although Adam and Zach may not be average, I think it's stretching it to say they're good looking. Perhaps when hanging around the other AJs, they were the better looking of the lot, but now they're in the opposite situation with the models. I would admit, however, that the producers lost on this one. Everybody already knows which one she "should" choose (i.e. Adam, one of the original AJs with a nice personality). If she chooses Zach "the jerk", she's considered immature and a "project" worker. If she chooses one of the pretty, but immature models, she's considered shallow. There's only one obvious way for her to win on this one if you equate winning with salvaging a reputation (at least that's my opinion).

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-25-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Yeah i think it was partially Melanas fault for pressing Alex for so much infor on his past and they she freaks when he tells her something personal..He is just a candid guy and she could not deal with it..We all get mixed up in things in our past ( i for one can attest to that)that we reget..
I think there might be another reason she rejected him..ie,religon..He also said he didnt like fake girls and girls that just want him for his looks..And i think Malena would have proved that..

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Alex's red flags"
he mentioned he didn't like fake boobs, and there was a sorta awkward moment, jeez wonder if she has fake boobs...

strange_encounter 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-25-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strange_encounter Click to send private message to strange_encounter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I think she was worried about why he was in a co-dependent relationship. Is he needy or clingy? Why would such a "stud" be involved with "such a girl?" Maybe his slate isn't so clean either.

I think he was just being open, and she applied American values to his foreign affairs. Too bad for him. He did seem rather sincere.

Oh, and on a minor note, I have noticed the few that mentioned a relationship with and belief in God were out of there rather quickly.

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I know. Melana was a bit insensitive. Alex seems very sweet and very open as opposed to Jason. He didn't offer up much in the beginning and not very touchy/feely.

What's weird to me, is that at the end when Alex was crying, he really reminded me of Dennis, the Accountant. Think they could be related?

Ew! CyberCooties!

11-25-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Wow, clever connection, implausible, but clever.

I have to admit, the crying scene at the end was a real heart-string-tugger. I expected it from Dennis (though I didn't expect it from Zach when Dennis left) but from this hunky Latin lover? I was surprised. It was endearing but it left me wondering if I was being fooled into believing the tears were real. In any case, I bought it. It upped his score in my mind.

BTW, Cybercooties, I just noticed your animated emoticon signature. That's so gross...and cool!

sungreen 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sungreen Click to send private message to sungreen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Alex's red flags"
as someone who had been stalked by an ex boyfriend for 2 years, trust me Melana did the right thing by giving him a red flag when he said he sat outside his girlfriends house one night for 6 hours. It is the little things like this that in hind sight you go oh yeah I should of reconized that as strange behavior. She is a VERY smart girl in that regard.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-25-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I would almost bet that Melana is given peramitors who she can eliminate each week. My guess is she was told one Average Joe needs to go along with one Above-Average Joe.

I think so just because of patterns I see. Especially from the first episode. The first 4 guys cut were not the worst guys of the lot. Same goes here.

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I hadn't considered that before and didn't see what her problem was with him.

It makes total sense why she would get rid of him if she thought he might be an obsessive stalker kind. That sounds very plausible to me.

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Alex crying at the end was endearing?! She only knew him for like ONE day. what was he crying about? he had like 2 hrs. invested in her. i really expected john to cry but not Alex. i think he is VERY psycho! she did good by getting rid of him.

mcjesq 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-26-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mcjesq Click to send private message to mcjesq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I just posted this response on another string...I saw Alex and John on the Today show--Alex said they took his crying out of context--he had been speaking about his daughter when he was crying, and they inserted it as if he was crying over being dumped by Melena. He said he probably should not have divulged that on tv (about the producers manipulating the scenes) but he had to save face.

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Oh, well that makes more sense! i still think he's a little weird. so he has a daughter, i thought he was all religious,
his daughter didn't just appear out of thin air. i don't know maybe he used to be a bad boy but "changed".

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Alex's red flags"
Typical producer ploy...maybe we should spend more time bashing the producers for this type of stunt (not to mention the inclusion of the "better-looking" joes.

11-28-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I know, bad producer, bad, bad!

I makes me wonder how many contestants are possibly related to creator/crew members. Nepotism is not a crime, however, it could definitely skew the results = creative editing etc.

Editors who eat
Preparation H:
Oh my god, there's
a colon where my mouth
used to be, and nothing
but bullsh!t comes out!
- Jimmy Fallon SNL

11-28-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Alex's red flags"
When Alex opened up to Melana like that, my first impression was that he's lonely. Lonely people or people with hearts on the mend tend to blurt out anything and everything to someone they feel they can trust. However, he does come across as a bit co-dependent and possibly even not that romantically experienced. An inexperienced hunk? what a paradox!

I agree that he should have used better judgement in what to talk about, but Melana also showed her steely side, cold and no empathy. She needs to learn how to handle people better.

Everyone on the show is being politically correct and would never openly speak against Melana, and most people in that same situation would also run with the pack, so wouldn't it be fun if we could give these contestants a pill that would cause them to say exactly what's on their minds at all times.

Ew! Thanks hunterjax!

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Alex's red flags"
I went right along with Malena on the red flags. I agree with the person above about the company you keep. Speaking from experience, I missed a lot of red flags or ignored them because the person SEEMED so great. I dismissed a lot of signs because that was "history" and "ex" stuff.

history repeats itself. Listen to some of the cliche sayings.. they are true

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •