The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ER"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-23-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ER"
The season 10 premiere is Thursday. I have never been more apathetic about a new ER season. I LVOE this show. But this past season did very little for me. It's just not ER without Anthony Edwards. The whole thing with Abby and her wacked-out family got old. And Carter and Abby have no chemistry. They ruined Luka...I could go on and on.

I'm curious to hear what other SB peeps think. I have looked at message boards devoted to ER and have seen a variety of opinions. Anyway, I guess I'll watch it on Thursday. Here's a link to a description of the season premiere:

http://www.nbc.com/ER/index.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ER SurvivorBlows 09-23-03 1
   Yep, habit. bebekid 09-23-03 2
   RE: ER diamond 09-24-03 6
 terrible cqvenus 09-23-03 3
   At least I'm in good company bebekid 09-23-03 4
 Major shark jump Bebo 09-24-03 5
   Ughh! bebekid 09-25-03 7
 Old Habits Die Hard KScott 09-26-03 8
   RE: ER bongo 09-26-03 9
       RE: ER bebekid 09-26-03 10
 RE: ER strid333 09-28-03 11
 RE: ER smiley 09-29-03 12
 second thoughts? ashleybfogg 10-03-03 13
   RE: second thoughts? EnglProf 10-04-03 14
   RE: second thoughts? bebekid 10-04-03 15
       RE: second thoughts? ashleybfogg 10-04-03 16
 Spoiler LadyT 10-05-03 17
   RE: Spoiler bebekid 10-05-03 18
 RE: ER wildchickenhunter 10-10-03 19
 Oh Joy! bebekid 10-23-03 20
 RE: ER blacknwhitedog 11-21-03 21
   bleh cqvenus 11-21-03 22
   RE: ER strid333 11-21-03 23
   Chuck bebekid 11-22-03 24
 Who watched it 12/11? bebekid 12-12-03 25
   I did! KScott 12-12-03 26
       RE: I did! bebekid 12-12-03 28
   Me! ashleybfogg 12-12-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ER"
If there was ever a Top 5 show getting by on nothing but inertia, this has got to be it.

I agree, people still watch it out of habit, but there's very little left to "care" about. After the success that "Without A Trace" already had last year and all the promotion it got this summer, I think this going to be the year that ER topples...

-SB

09-23-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Yep, habit."
It just doesn't seem right to NOT watch it.

I wish it would have ended at the end of season 8 when Dr. Greene died. I mean, maybe they could have ended the show without him having to die. I don't want to watch this once-great show die a slow, painful death, but that's exactly where NBC is taking the show. Better to end too early than too late. No way ending this season would be too early.

I think the peeps who like it now came in to the show late. They haven't watched it from the beginning to know just what they are missing.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-24-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ER"
If there was ever a Top 5 show getting by on nothing but inertia, this has got to be it.

I agree, people still watch it out of habit, but there's very little left to "care" about.

Webby, have you been spying on me? No, seriously. Because this is almost word-for-word what I've told people about this show. It really sucks, and yet I still keep watching it for no reason other than that I always have.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "terrible"
used to be my favorite show ever. and now i look at it as a chore i have to complete on thursday nights. well, maybe not quite that bad, but pretty bad. it is a total habit that i still watch it. in fact, it's the same habit i had a few years ago when i still watched x-files sunday nights, even though it completely shat the bed. but i was devoted, so i still pained on through it. sure i'll do the same with ER, but, like you said, i've never felt more apathy for the season premiere before.

09-23-03, 06:38 PM (EST)
4. "At least I'm in good company"
Wow. Webby and cq both agree with me.

NBC, are you listening?

pretty sure they've contracted through season 11...slow and painful

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Major shark jump"
Yawn. Mr. Bebo and I used to have a TV date every Thursday night to watch this together. Now, why bother? They've ruined the interesting characters and gotten away from everything that made the show so cool during the first few seasons.

I saw a few reruns of "Without a Trace" this summer, and I may be flipping channels. I was pleased when Charles S. Dutton won an Emmy for his guest appearance, because it was heart-wrenching.

Fighting for evil (and neat forums) since 2002

09-25-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
7. "Ughh!"
I just read in my local paper that Noah Wyle will only appear on about HALF of this year's episodes before returning full time for the 2004-2005 season. Carter is the best thing they have left, although I didn't care for his storylines last season.

Without a Trace, huh? May have to check it out!

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Old Habits Die Hard"
Am not caring for the show much anymore but just like the rest of you I feel it is my duty to watch it. I have seriously thought about abandoning ship and watching Without a Trace (I liked it this summer) but I would feel like I am cheating so I will watch to the bitter end.

- by the way what is up with Carter, he is really pissing me off!

bongo 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongo Click to send private message to bongo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ER"
I've watched and loved ER since the first episode, and I still love watching it every thursday night, in fact it's the only show I really look forward to. For me Friends has become like a chore, I used to watch it all the time, so it doesn't seem right to not watch, even though it doesn't interest me as much as it used to.

SO, exactly what part of last night's ep was boring? I saw the whole thing, and didn't see any part I'd consider boring.

09-26-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
10. "RE: ER"
>I've watched and loved ER since
>the first episode,

Me too.

>and I
>still love watching it every
>thursday night,

Me? Not so much anymore.

>in fact it's
>the only show I really
>look forward to.

Survivor and even Resident Life get me more excited.

>SO, exactly what part of last
>night's ep was boring?
>I saw the whole thing,
>and didn't see any part
>I'd consider boring.

I wouldn't say boring. It's just not true to it's original format that made it so successful years ago.

I thought Kerry was waaay over the top, screaming and hitting her crutch on ladders. And Carter and Abby. What the heck? I am sooo confused. Either get married or break up forever, please.

That is all for now.

A Kyngsladye Original

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-03, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ER"
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everybody here. I just watch the show because I'm already watching Survivor and CSI so I might as well tack this one onto the end of the night. The new characters that they brought on in the last few years are pretty dumb.

You have the rude black boy and the polite black boy. They aren't a Peter (who was interesting even though I never liked him). They have a new girl that they just brought into the show. She seems nice but I really wonder if we'll see much beyond that.

You know the show is bad when they make Kerri into a more and more important character with details from outside of her life in the ER. Does anyone else remember stuff about her before her coming out episodes? I don't.

Three is the perfect number.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-29-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ER"
I've loved ER from the very first episode but I understand what you guys mean. Regardless I am still going to watch it every Thursday night and continue to tape Without a trace as I have done for the last year.

Thursday night TV rocks!

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "second thoughts?"
the season premire ledt me feeling pretty much the same as most of you, but I thought the second one was great. - I'm right back with it - I knew Luka wasn't dead!
What did you all think? any second thoughts?

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-04-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: second thoughts?"
Hey, Ash--

I actually thought the second episode of ER was worse. I think the show loses what makes it good when they leave the ER-- I find the Africa stuff a little slow and boring. Sorry! I know this probably makes me Eurocentric, but those episodes do sort of lumber along. I actually don't find Carter that interesting away from the ER. He's not likeable. I think he works to be unlikeable, too. He used to be fun back when Lucy was on, but now he's all brooding and full of himself. Boring, as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, I thought it was funny last week when the Maria Bello look alike told him he didn't seem the type to come doctor in Africa because the two types are hippies and adrenaline junkies. Dr. Carter seems exactly like an adrenaline junky to me. He may not be "living on the edge" competing in extreme sports, but he's got all the other characteristics that adrenaline junkies seem to have, like a narcissistic need to defy everybody's expectations (Abby, his late Grandma, his parents), etc.

If you ask me, Carter took one too many pages out of Dr. Benton's book!

10-04-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: second thoughts?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

Hey ashley! YES! I thought the second episode was waaay better than the first. My husband came in about halfway through and was instantly into it! He said if it was like this every week, he'd watch again. He used to watch it with me in the earlier years.

In the good ole days, episodes outside the ER didn't work as well for me as those in the ER. Now, sadly, I think the reverse is true.

A Kyngsladye Original

10-04-03, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: second thoughts?"
yeah, me too! but it's so weird there in the ER, with kerry all grumpy and yelling, and no real consistancy going on besides that. So I guess they're gonna keep Carter in Africa - ook - but there was one cool thing that happened that I always wanted to see more of: He's throwing his money around! It's like a dream - instead of all that suffering and rejecting he actually just got REAL and used it! Made Me Happy. (it made Africa more interesting, too) And he's got that hot challenging red cross girl...
So, maybe they're back on the ball - that episode was well written and 'directed' - and Luka and his beautiful dedicated woman - maybe they'll come back and realign the ER! (hopinghopinghoping)
LOL

ashlet

now, what's gonna lighten up Abbey... i get depressed when i see her...

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Spoiler"
I too loved ER, but I haven't watched it for about 2 years. However, I have kept up with it. Anyways, Kristin at E! online has reported that a major, longtime character will die later this season. She reveals it, but I won't here since I don't want to ruin it. It is though, one of the most interesting characters on the show (it's not Carter, Abby or Luka). If you want to know who, check out Kristin on E!

10-05-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-03 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

*waves to Trish*

Yeah, that's who I thought. If I can figure out the font code for hidden text, I may post it here (highlight to read): Romano

Like I said before, I can't NOT watch!

RE: Abby. I totally agree with ashley. Has Abby EVER been happy? I liked her MUCH better with Luka. And I LOVED Maura on Newsradio, so it's tough to watch her so brooding on ER.

A Kyngsladye Original

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: ER"
Still loving it! Still look forward to it every Thursday night.

Thank god Carter finaly dumped Abby. She is such a crazy #####.

10-23-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
20. "Oh Joy!"
I thought ER was all new last week and I missed it. Turns out, it was a rerun because the playoff game was sooo big. I didn't miss it! Woo Hoo!

But what do I care, right?

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ER"
I bumped this all the way up to see if anyone watched last night. Yes it's true Dr. Romano was killed when a crashing helicopter fell on him. Kind of ironic- doncha think?

I'm glad Susan's ex-husband wasn't killed though.

This show just needs to be done already. You hardly see any of the regular characters and the new ones are uninteresting. They should have ended when Mark Green died.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "bleh"
how anticlimatic was it? I mean, I wanted to see how they all reacted to finding out, and they never got there. I waited 60 minutes for them to show someone finding out and spreading the news, and they make me wait 2 weeks to see if anyone even cares that he's gone?

and how useless was that stupid scene with carter at the end? hello??? I hope he didn't get paid a regular episode paycheck for that stupid crap.

misto for S.T.O.T.Y!!!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-03, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ER"
Yeah, considering a lot happened in last week's ep, it seemed like not much happened. Romano died and what were his last words? Not again or Oh Crap or words to that effect (not that anyone was there to hear those words). And Carter hooked up with a chick that we have no knowledge of? Whoop-dee-doo. You know that the next episode (or maybe the one after next) that we see will be another Africa episode explaining Carter and his girl. (Not that it matters. He and Abby broke up so he is free to search for another girl.)

I agree that the show has really gone downhill. I don't like any of the new characters. The last new character that I liked was Abby and I was growing tired of her. At least she is now a med student so she is interesting again.

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

11-22-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
24. "Chuck"
I LVOE Chuck! I just like Donal Logue anyway. I think he is absolutely adorable and charming. I hope Susan and he resume a relationship.

12-12-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
25. "Who watched it 12/11?"
Carter and Thandie Newton's character (what was her name?) are having a baby! OMH! HOW is this going to play out? Is this the beginning of the end of Carter on the show? I don't think Thandie is joining the cast (maybe she is), and I know Carter is not going to allow her to raise his child in Africa without him. If so, that would be totally against his character.

What do y'all think?

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "I did!"
I don't even know what to say. This show has just lost alot of the appeal for me. I think Carter will head back to the ER, I think what's her name will go with him, something tragic will happen and she will loose the baby. But who knows.

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

12-12-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
28. "RE: I did!"
Yeah, I was thinking she would lose the baby as well. Since Mark is gone, they have to find someone to heap tragedy on. Very few people have escaped this show without huge, devastating tragedy.

12-12-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
27. "Me!"
Dang! Bebe. Do I not know. It looks right now that she'll go back with him, and maybe they'll get to set up house and do cool things with Carter's money. I always wanted him to embrace the possibilites of what h could do with that. It's kind of exciting!

ooh. He comes back to Chicago with her and maybe they marry? He's kind of traditional, after all...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •