The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
Sorry for the delay -- your's truly was at the Dodger game Tuesday night (a 4-2 win, BTW) and had to watch the tape tonight...

But, here 'tis!

1. Being a Whirling Dervish has to be really boring. What songs do they listen to on the iPods secreted under those tall hats?

2. Instead of Abbey Road, what other Beatles Album/cover location would have made a more interesting/challenging route location?

3. Yet another language lesson from our favorite Beantown Boy. If a 'Derevish' isn't a topless dancer, what else might it be?

4. It's time for Standardized Testing at my school, so how about a good old simile-- Kelly without makeup :: Ron without _____________.

5. Rob says he's in outer space when he boards the London Eye. So just where is Amber? BONUS: Just what kind of nugget did Rawb pull out of his nether region?

6. Meredith uses the term "Steady as she goes!" moments before crashing into a stack of boats. What other naval term would have been more successful?

7. Uchenna's farewell to Gretchen and Meredith "Keep on Truckin'!" was straight from the 70s. What is the 2005 version?

8. At the mat, it appeared that Phil and the London Dude had plenty of time between Romber and Ron/Kelly. What was the nature of their conversation during the down time?

9. Explain just what Ron meant by the expression "It's like teaching a woman to drive!"

10. Just what is that falling-down-tilted-stack-of-burnt-pancakes structure in the background at Potter's Field Park?

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week Cygnus X1 05-05-05 1
   RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week cahaya 05-05-05 6
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week cahaya 05-05-05 2
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week KObrien_fan 05-05-05 3
   RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week Snidget 05-05-05 7
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week mikey 05-05-05 4
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week Surveysez 05-05-05 5
   Post number 8 was deleted IceCat 05-06-05 10
 RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week baroque 05-06-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
1. Being a Whirling Dervish has to be really boring. What songs do they listen to on the iPods secreted under those tall hats?

Everything by Yanni, John Tesh, and George Winston, on a loop. Then they play ABBA's "Dancing Queen" to snap them out of it.

2. Instead of Abbey Road, what other Beatles Album/cover location would have made a more interesting/challenging route location?

The location of the White Album cover.

(Too bad Macca's "Mull of Kintyre" ("I'm getting closer to your heart") isn't an album in itself. I'd have lvoed to see the teams running all over Scotland trying to find that.)

3. Yet another language lesson from our favorite Beantown Boy. If a 'Derevish' isn't a topless dancer, what else might it be?

A Turkish meal consisting of four pounds of shish kebab and hummus with a raki chaser.

4. It's time for Standardized Testing at my school, so how about a good old simile-- Kelly without makeup :: Ron without his unit. (And yes, that may just be code.)

5. Rob says he's in outer space when he boards the London Eye. So just where is Amber?

In a wormhole. (No, wait, maybe THAT's where Rob is.)

BONUS: Just what kind of nugget did Rawb pull out of his nether region?

Half a rusty horseshoe.

6. Meredith uses the term "Steady as she goes!" moments before crashing into a stack of boats. What other naval term would have been more successful?

"The Titanic is unsinkable!"

7. Uchenna's farewell to Gretchen and Meredith "Keep on Truckin'!" was straight from the 70s. What is the 2005 version?

Church. (thanks, Tech)

8. At the mat, it appeared that Phil and the London Dude had plenty of time between Romber and Ron/Kelly. What was the nature of their conversation during the down time?

The Upperclass Twit of the Year Dude was explaining how he wanted to greet the final team to arrive with the metal-tipped top of his bowler, on loan to him from Patrick MacNee. Phil argued that his manboobs were a better weapon.

9. Explain just what Ron meant by the expression "It's like teaching a woman to drive!"

You see, dear reader, this is called Taking A Quote Out Of Context. For, to pass the time away while Kelly struggled with the double-decker bus, Ron was merely reciting verbatim Bob Newhart's classic 1950s "Driving Instructor" sketch.

If you believe that, I've got a copy of "British Contributions To World Cuisine" to sell you.

10. Just what is that falling-down-tilted-stack-of-burnt-pancakes structure in the background at Potter's Field Park?

As soon as the TAR production crew was done, Gerry and Sylvia Anderson were going to start filming a new version of Thunderbirds. You saw the set's headquarters.

And I lvoe the Brits. I lived in Yorkshire for three years.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
5. Rob says he's in outer space when he boards the London Eye. So just where is Amber?

In a wormhole. (No, wait, maybe THAT's where Rob is.)

Howled at this one, and then almost cried when the double-entendre` kicked in! It's gonna be tough to better this answer.

Makes you kinda wish they'd stumble upon a black hole.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

'Dancing in Slow Motion', Smoke Ring Days
'Dancing on Air', Michelle Sell Harp
'Dancing on the Holy Mountain', David Kendall Grant

... and during TAR visits:

'The Race', String Planet
'Race Wars', High Heat
'Cigar Win the Race', Blinky and the Roadmasters (now, who's gonna be the big cigar?)

The yellow submarine (and let's see Ron fly that one).

A devilish pervert (Rob: 'Hey, that's got to be somebody like me!').

4. It's time for Standardized Testing at my school, so how about a good old simile-- Kelly without makeup :: Ron without _____________.

his missile weapons guidance system (is this military-speak, or yet another code?)

5. Rob says he's in outer space when he boards the London Eye. So just where is Amber? BONUS: Just what kind of nugget did Rawb pull out of his nether region?

Amber is self-absorbed in inner space.
Bonus: Some of the nebulous 'dark matter' that astrophysicists are theorizing about. Rob's got plenty of that.

Abandon ship!

'Keep On Runnin', Stackmagic

A snippet:

Dude: "Even one of our simpleton blokes off the tube can solve a Holmes mystery, so what's with that Yank Rob having one of our blokes solving it for him?"
Phil: "I heard the Hounds of Taskerville are hot on his heels. By the way, Rob's a Boston fan, not a Yankee."
Dude: "Now, there's a good fellow. Perhaps we should invite him for a spot of tea and scones."
Phil: "Well, he's in still in the race. Maybe he'll invite us all to a Boston tea party after the race."
Dude: "How preposterous! Who should we be expecting to grace us with their presence next, chap?"
Phil: "Probably Ron and Kelly, if Ron doesn't decide to turn around and try his hand at driving one of your London buses. Or Kelly deciding to hit a beauty parlor before showing her face here."
Dude: "Isn't that Ron fellow the POW chap who got his bird shot down?"
Phil: "Yup. Pity the guy, actually. He's getting his ego shot down every episode, too."
Dude: "And where might the other contestants be at this moment?"
Phil: "Lugging some boats around, going for brawn instead of brains. Uchenna wanted to help the senior citizen team move their boats, but that's against the rules. Nice guy, but nice guys finish last in our country."
Dude: "I do hope they arrive soon, dear fellow, or they may have to do without my welcoming presence here upon their tardy arrival. The Chelsea football match is about to start within the hour, and I've got a substantial wager on for them."
Phil: "You'd better say 'soccer' with these racers, especially Rob, or they'll ask who the quarterback is. Oh, there's Ron and Kelly arriving now!"
Dude (twirling the cane in excitement): "Very well, let's get on with the show, shall we?"

Kelly's interpretation: "It's like teaching a dorky teenage Army recruit to fly a $35 mill chopper and not getting it shot down."

The result of Kelly's charity bake-off to get some money for this leg. Net loss, 25 pounds (in British currency, not weight).

Does that umbrella come with a poison tip, good sir?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"

You spin me right round baby right round like a record player right round round now...

Highway to Hell? Oh wait, you said other Beatles album cover...

An hors doeurves served at a fancy dinner party the likes of which Romber will be invited to after they get their next million.

Motorized vehicles

No comment (Imagine that I showed such restraint )

Oh crap, it's an iceberg!

Git 'er done!

They don't talk at all, Phil just stands there getting ready to point.

You know, it means he has to explain every little thing, and S-L-O-W-L-Y

Italy has the leaning tower of pizza, so England wanted a leaning tower of pancakes.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
You spin me right round baby right round like a record player right round round now...

That is exactly what popped in my head when I read the question.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-05-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
1. Being a Whirling Dervish
>has to be really boring.
>What songs do they listen
>to on the iPods secreted
>under those tall hats?
>
Something by Fitty Cent.

>2. Instead of Abbey Road, what
>other Beatles Album/cover location would
>have made a more interesting/challenging
>route location?
>
Instead of using a cover, they should make a clue which you could only hear if you played a Beatles song backward.

>3. Yet another language lesson from
>our favorite Beantown Boy. If
>a 'Derevish' isn't a topless
>dancer, what else might it
>be?
>
Now, Rob was correct, he said it was a "Dancer spinning like a top."

>4. It's time for Standardized Testing
>at my school, so how
>about a good old simile--
> Kelly without makeup ::
>Ron without _____________.
>
a girlfriend.

>5. Rob says he's in outer
>space when he boards the
>London Eye. So just where
>is Amber?

Amber is in outer space too, from the anorexic planet.

>Just what kind of nugget
>did Rawb pull out of
>his nether region?
>
A horseshoe.

>6. Meredith uses the term "Steady
>as she goes!" moments before
>crashing into a stack of
>boats. What other naval term
>would have been more successful?
>
Be careful, don't damage the H.M.S. Camilla.
>
>7. Uchenna's farewell to Gretchen and
>Meredith "Keep on Truckin'!" was
>straight from the 70s. What
>is the 2005 version?
>
Keep on truckin, but not too far because gas is pretty expensive.

>8. At the mat, it appeared
>that Phil and the London
>Dude had plenty of time
>between Romber and Ron/Kelly. What
>was the nature of their
>conversation during the down time?
>
Phil: Glad you are here. If the fashion police come they will take you and ignore me.
>
>9. Explain just what Ron meant
>by the expression "It's like
>teaching a woman to drive!"
>
His Iraqi captors had no problem understanding what he meant.
>
>10. Just what is that falling-down-tilted-stack-of-burnt-pancakes
>structure in the background at
>Potter's Field Park?
>
Statue of Her Royal Highness Camilla.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"
Sugababes - "Round Round"
Round, round baby round, round
Spend the night on me
I don't need no man
Got my kicks for free
Realise the vibe gonna be down low
I don't need nobody got my honeys
When I go round, baby round round
Spend the night on me
I don't need no man
Got my kicks for free

Sgt. Pepper - they could have had to find the oddly dressed Brit!
Tazmanian Devil out of his native habitat
POW stories
Both imagine they are on the starship Enterprise and are not surprised when Rob finds a Klingon circling Uranus.
Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
Ease on down the road (ya old farts).
They were discussing the snappy appearance of the Brits, of which the London Dude was a prime example.
This from a man who CRASHED a helicopter?
It WAS a falling-down-tilted-stack-of-burnt-pancakes - for heaven's sake, have you ever eaten British food?

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Post number 8 was deleted"
PG-13 violation.

baroque 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail baroque Click to send private message to baroque Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hawkeye 10 -- Penultimate Week"

A hundred bottles of beer on the wall and hundred bottles of beer. . .
-and-
You put your right foot in you put your right foot out...

all the good ones are spoken for

Depends, it could be either "derevish ham" or "derevish eggs"

>4. It's time for Standardized Testing at my school, so how
>about a good old simile-- Kelly without makeup :: Ron without _____________.

I concur his old "Army stories" (and to think he is still young...glad I won't see the geriatric years).

>5. Rob says he's in outer space when he boards the London Eye. So just where is Amber?

Following behind like a puppy as always

>Just what kind of nugget did Rawb pull out of his nether region?

the directions from the producers of what to do next.

>6. Meredith uses the term "Steady as she goes!" moments before
>crashing into a stack of boats. What other naval term would have been more successful?

"here gretchen stand there" (ok so it is not a naval term but someone had to say it)

>
>7. Uchenna's farewell to Gretchen and Meredith "Keep on Truckin'!" was straight from the 70s. What is the 2005 version?

Thank goodness, now we don't have to wait for your sorry butts

>8. At the mat, it appeared that Phil and the London Dude had plenty of time between Romber and Ron/Kelly. What was the nature of their conversation during the down time?

Phil: So, explain this just one more time, you have a queen but she doesn't rule you? I don't get it.

>9. Explain just what Ron meant by the expression "It's like teaching a woman to drive!"

All the good ones are taken

>
>10. Just what is that falling-down-tilted-stack-of-burnt-pancakes structure in the background at Potter's Field Park?

That is where the racers will need to get their next clues, but it won't be open until 10 hours after they arrive there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •