The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Secret Alliance???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-23-01, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Secret Alliance???"
In order to determine the next victim of TC, I think we need to ask:

"Who is really calling the shots in Ogakor?"

Many people have speculated that Jerri, the self-proclaimed control freak, is really calling the shots, and that the others are just going along with it to keep her happy until its time to break down the Ogie Five.

As anyone who has been reading my posts knows, I've been speculating for the last week that Colby is really in the position to call the shots. He's the swing vote, so both alliances need him...

However, you may realize that I have not been too quick to defend my opinion ever since the Mitchell transcript was posted (thanks AK!)

Something hit me while reading that, and I think it was verified in several ways when I watched Ep8.5, last night...

I think that a secret alliance between Tina and Colby may be calling the shots.

Now before I posted this, I wanted to gather all of the evidence that I could so that I wouldn't get flamed for unfounded speculation, so I'll post the evidence, and then let all of you decide for yourself whether I am deluded into hoping my fav. survivor (Tina) has a shot at the million, or if I may actually be onto something...

First, I think we need to give some credibility to the statement made by MB that "Alliances do not play as big a role in this survivor" (or something to that effect... couldn't find it word-for-word). Every time I say I believe MB, shakes (and many others) flame me and remind me that MB has said "never believe a word I say. I'll do anything to protect my show."

Here's my problem: If MB wants Survivor to remain a hit, he can't lie. Those of us that are trying to spoil the show by guessing the winner are in the minority. The majority of the TV audience views the show as good entertainment, and would be very turned off if something MB said was an outright lie... a clever play on words (the only injury was an "achilles heel": slang meaning "an annoyance causing a change in plans"... a perfect description of what happened) or a half-truth will be accepted as a part of the game, but if he were to come out and say "alliances do not play a role in the show" and then an alliance that was formed on day 1 ends up winning the game, people would write the show off as predictable and would not watch season 3. For this reason, you will notice that none of our real red herrings have come directly from MB (although many of us speculate that MB had a huge hand in them): The Gervase-X and the source code are from the website, other fake pictures, possible moles on the message boards, etc, etc, etc.

Consequently I will go out on a limb and say that alliances (as we know them) will NOT hold up... However, I would also say that an alliance will be needed to win... thus...

Here are the segments of the Mitchell transcript that caught my attention:

"jerri and he (Mitchell) agreed to NEVER VOTE FOR EACH OTHER....they approached tina first...then colby (followed by many whistles) then amber...ALL JOINED....the plan was to take out kel first...then maralyn, then keith...then they'd work on themselves...sub alliances had already been formed also, in jerri, mitchell, and colby..."

"keith had figured out he was gone....but on the way to tribal council tina approached mitchell, who said he didn't feel vulnerable at all...but tina approached him about voting for amber instead of keith cuz keith is strong and can get us to the merge...mitch said he wouldn't vote for amber so she suggested jerri, to which he said he wouldn't vote for jerri....so tina said he has to decide whether he wants to win this game or stay loyal to his friends, to which he replied he wanted to stay loyal to his friends...she went afterwards and explained this to colby....knowing that in the case of a tie mitch would be gone...he talked to colby on the way there and colby never let on he'd vote for mitchell...."

First, I'd like to point out that ALL of the contestants saw S1, and they all know that an alliance will be needed to make it to the finals, so I am not surprised that Mitch and Jerri formed an alliance right away... But now, let's look at this from the point of view of Tina. She is VERY smart (she even scares Rich Hatch) and she knows how the game needs to be played.

On the first day, Jerri and Mitch approach Tina and say "we've already formed an alliance, you want in??" and then all three of them approach Colby and say the same thing...

How likely is it that Tina and Colby are gonna say "sure, I don't mind being on the perimeter of an alliance... It'll get me to the final four, and then I can be voted out like Sue or pray for an immunity run, like Kelly... no problem.)

Instead, I think it's very likely that Tina and Colby formed a counter-alliance and kept it a secret from the others (and maybe even the camera... a possible reason that alliances "as we know them" will not play a role in the show.)

Now, with this in mind, Tina and Colby are able to work independantly, knowing that the two of them will not vote for each other. What kind of great strategy is it to separate, form other fake alliances, and then feed each other information about their tribe-mates? For those that watched The Mole, it's exactly how Steve and Jim made it to the finals.

"Proof":

1) Reread the second passage I included... Tina first tries to convince Mitch to switch his vote to either Jerri or Amber... Jerri first (it will break up his inner alliance, giving C/T the advantage, plus easier to grab Keith... he'll vote Jerri no matter what)... second, look at his description. From his POV, Tina first tried to get Mitch to change his vote, but when he wouldn't, she "convinced" Colby and Keith...

BUT... where did Tina get the idea... earlier in the episode, we see Colby lamenting that Keith will be voted out... he doesn't want the strongest to leave... he even tries to talk Jerri into changing her vote with "you, me and Amber to the end"

My take: C/T decide they will lose the IC's without Keith... they've already made a big mistake in voting out Kel, so they decide to work on their fake alliance members to try to change their votes... Tina gets reassurance from Keith that he will vote however he needs to in order to save himself. Then Colby tries to get Jerri to take out Mitch... if she agrees, Colby and Tina can vote for Mitch, and they won't be defecting from the alliance... they can stay covert a little longer. It doesn't work, so Tina, who is better friends with Mitch than Colby is, tries to convince him to change his vote to Jerri or to Amber... no reason for Colby and Tina to be cast out of the alliance yet. But she fails... Ultimately, Tina talks to Colby and then to Keith, and instructs them to vote for Mitch, leaving Jerri behind (Colby knows after his talk with Jerri that even if Mitch is voted out, Jerri will not blame Colby), and Mitch leaves. Jerri forgives Colby (he warned her it was coming), but no longer completely trusts him, aligning herself with Amber. And the rest, as they say is history...

2) Who has consistently befriended the person about to be voted off?? Tina... to gain information on their voting strategies... Mad Dog, Kel and Mitch were all shocked that Tina voted for them in their post-show interviews... all (especially Mad Dog) thought that they were allied with her... Why would she cut their throats unless she had another alliance waiting in the wings AND she had information that they were going to be booted anyway. Which brings me to...

3) Who are the ONLY people on the show to have consistently voted together! for every single person to be cast out of the outback??? Tina and Colby... they have the necessary information to make informed decisions and they always vote for the loser.

4) If Tina was in Jerri's alliance, why did she work so hard to befriend the non-alliance members (Kel, Keith and Marilyn)... Answer: She's not really in Jerri's alliance, but merely using it as a means to an end.

5) Tina has even made it a point to befriend the Kucha tribe who are about to be voted out one-by-one... Why? To gain information and possibly manipulate their voting strategy when the time comes to vote for an Ogie (if any of them are left). (And a little jury sympathy could never hurt.)

6) Colby's late night lie to Jerri... we know for sure he isn't in their alliance... he's playing double agent until the time comes to capitalize on his position.

7) Tina decides to publicly denounce Jerri's manipulation of the cooking (but only after Ogakor has a one-man advantage in Barramundi)... Why? Because after Ep7, Kucha's target was Colby, and she needed them to shift strategies and think that there was a chance she'd vote for Jerri. The reason: to keep the number of tie-breaking votes down for Colby, just in case a tie should ever come up... don't be surprised, now that Jerri has 6 past votes if Tina tries to manipulate the number of votes Keith has so that he too will lose in a tie with Colby... The better Colby's chances, the better Tina's.

8) In the IC immediately following the merger, who put themselves in the two positions where they would be most likely to recieve votes?? Colby, by jumping off of his post and looking smug, and Tina, by staying up there for a long time implying that she had a reason to worry. Of course Tina eventually gave Keith immunity-- it was necessary for Ogakor to win, but Tina and Colby both actively tried to draw votes at the first Barramundi TC... coincidence? or the acts of a smart alliance...

9) Colby and Tina have never had an on-camera argument (although this can be said of Tina and anybody except Jerri)

10) The Tina/Keith "friendship"... it's similar to the Mad Dog/Tina friendship, in that Tina has never acknowledged it on camera. Mad Dog proclaimed that she and Tina had become inseperable, and then was voted off. Keith described Tina as a sister... but what are Tina's feelings? Is he merely her next pawn in the game?

So, if my theory is true, what does this mean???

Tina and Colby each have fake alliances that they can manipulate to help each other out. Colby has control of the b!tch crew, and Tina has Keith, and is starting to have influence over Liz (and indirectly Rodger). Therefore, I see the following logical targets next week:

1) Nick: The odd man out (of the alliances AND the show... damn... he wasn't even in the blooper reel... where was this guy???) A danger to have floating around without any Tina or Colby influences to guide him. But editing suggests he's not gone yet... we don't even know who he is... they won't boot someone who hasn't appeared in any episodes yet, will they? Maybe he'll win the IC, and T/C will have to move to another target.

2) Rodger: especially if the Jerri crew wants Liz to go... Tina has a little influence over Liz, but if Liz were gone, Rodger could become a loose cannon. If Tina can't make friends, and the b!tch crew starts to push for Liz to go, C/T may have to look for an excuse to substitute Rodger. Also note: In Ep8.5, they had mini-stories devoted to Debb, Kimmi, Mike, Rodger, and the entire Ogakor crew. Not surprised about the ones voted out (want us to get to know them a little better) or the Ogies (they're dominating the game, and any new viewers want to know where they came from), but why Rodge? Either he makes it far in the game, or they wanted to give him one last feature before he bites the dust. (As of right now, he's my pick to go next week, but who knows what spoiler info may still roll in...)

3) Jerri: But only if Colby (or Tina) fears discovery. Jerri happily gets every vote except Amber's. The ONLY way this will happen is if Colby is absolutely sure Amber will stay with him. If she swings to the Kucha, you can say goodbye to the rest of the Ogies. This will only be a last-ditch choice if Colby is sure he has Amber, and C/T believe that there is no alternative to dumping Jerri.

If you don't believe me, it's alright... I've been wrong before: (Damn... time to change my sig.)
----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Very convincing flying squirrel 03-23-01 1
 RE: Secret Alliance??? SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 2
 RE: Secret Alliance??? idiotcowboy 03-23-01 3
   RE: Secret Alliance??? Outfrontgirl 03-24-01 4
       RE: Secret Alliance??? sleeeve 03-24-01 5
           RE: Secret Alliance??? idiotcowboy 03-24-01 6
               E4 AyatollahKhomeini 03-27-01 12
                   RE: E4 dangerkitty 03-27-01 13
       RE: Secret Alliance??? C_Master 03-26-01 11
 For your consideration SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 7
   RE: For your consideration idiotcowboy 03-24-01 9
       RE: For your consideration SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 10
 Who's calling the shots... IceCat 03-24-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-01, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Very convincing"
I agree with your points right down the line, with one minor exception. I think Tina and Colby already knew their fallback position before talking to Mitchell, and Colby was somewhat embarrassed about talking to his friend Mitchell about the vote, knowing that booting him was the alternative. Mitchell said in his first interview that he looked at Colby when he came back from voting, but Colby wouldn't look at him. Benedict Tina would not have any qualms, though, considering her participation in the Mad Dog ouster.

I wonder if Colby and Tina even bothered to tell Keith what they were up to, in case it backfired in some fashion. For all we know, ever since E4, Tina just tells Keith how to vote each week, and he does it.

And I like your take on the voting -- Keith "thinks" he is in an alliance with his "sister" Tina, and Jerri "thinks" she is in an alliance with her "fantasy" Colby, but Tina and Colby know that they are playing a game to the finish!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
sleeeve, the only thing I disagree with you about in your excellent analysis is just how secret it is or isn't. Jerri knows that Colby sided with K/T to wax Mitchell. Jerri knew enough to go talk to Colby about the situation in the "Hyena" night talk. Jerri was reassured for the time being by Colby's answers, but will it last? It's pretty clear (to us Spoilers, at any rate) that Colby and Tina have been working closely together from nearly the beginning.

I have a feeling that in the next episode the Colby/Amber situation is going to get some air time.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Final Four: Duke, Michigan State, Mississippi, Stanford.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-01, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
I like this idea (well most of it)! It fits in nicely with some of what I have
been theorizing as well (posted in the GUT thread). Based on that I had
theorized that there was a hidden (ie unshown) alliance with Colby and Keith (but
with no real proof... I was having trouble "proving" it), but Colby/Tina alliance
may make more sence. I've always thought that the obviously unshown stuff has
much more importance than most people are using in their anaylsis, and if looked
at as a whole can provide some spoiler value in and of itself (still working on
this). With that in mind and looking at an interesting "ommision" from Mitchell's
talk, I think add additional "proof" to your theory... According to Mitchell,
Tina suggested Amber (1st), Jerri (2nd), but never suggested Colby... why? It
would make a lot of sence if she and Colby were already in an alliance. Also, if
you look at the alliance at the time Jerri, Mitchell, Tina, Colby, Amber who is
the odd man out? Next look at who's left in the Ogre camp... just Keith. Keith
is obviously stronger than Mitchell, Amber, or Jerri. Whether Colby sought out
Tina or visa-versa is unknown at this time but logistically it had to happened
before the TC walk. So having established that there is a T/C alliance before
the walk... and knowing that they would have already approached Keith. All that
was left was to pick your target. Colby obviously thought Mitchell was weak
enough to try taking it to Jerri, knowing that he did that and Jerri might let
Mitchell know... he could not be the one to approach Mitchell or Amber then. Plus
the key was keeping Keith not dropping Mitchell, so Tina tries to recruit Mitchell
to take out Amber, I think in earnest... but maybe in double-cross fashion (keep
in mind this came from Mitchell's interview not the show), and from a newly
formed T/C/K alliance does it really matter if it's Mitchell or Amber that goes?
Also note from Mitchell's transcript there was confusion over the tie-break rules
even from the producers (90 min delay), so to say with certainty that Mitchell was
targeted because of previous votes does not appear to be well founded. The more
likely plan was a 4-2 vote against Amber, the fall back 4-2 against Jerri, and
finally take a chance in a 3-3 tie.

Now I don't want you to think I'm flaming you here about the MB premise, but
I would like to disagree with you concerning two points of it. #1 I'm with most
people in saying MB could care less about lying... What MB does care about is
making the show intersting in EVERY epiosode. He does this by building suspence
into every show by misleading and pulling on the viewer's emotions. Does MB care
about his audiences? (absolutely), does he want to be involved Surviror 3-10?
(probably), does he think he will loose his audience if he manipulates/lies to
them? (no way! and he proves it weekly). #2 I don't think it is at all necessary
to make your point. Your "proof" is fairly compelling enough (in conjuntion with
the Mitchell interview, etc.) to make a rational and reasonable extrapolation as
to where things are headed. Is it a "spoiler" in the typical vein of spoilers?
That can and I'm sure will be debated, but rational extrapolation of disjoint
information should not be discouraged when they are backed up with sound
reasoning... even if ultimately the reasoning turns out flawed.

So looking at your "Proof" my thoughts go as follows:

Item 1 - I mostly agree with, except for any convincing needed on Colby's part
(Amber was likely the target here), since Tina couldn't swing that... plan "B"
was Mitchell (doubt they really wanted a tie, a clear win is much better).

Item 2 - Could be she's just a really good player/ nice gal. Or maybe MB wants
to play up her nice side...

Item 3 - Nice point!

Item 4 - See Item 2

Item 5 - See Item 2

Item 6 - Yes and it is interesting.. why were we shown that now?...
unfortunately I've no clue.

Item 7 - I think this vocal shift against Jerri has been going on since Mitchell
left (when the numbers changed in her favor)

Item 8 - Another nice point

Item 9 - See Item 2

Item 10 - Couldn't agree more... I've always thought Tina/Keith is a 1-way
lovefest.

So 3,8,10 coupled with most of 1,6,7 are very interesting observations, tie them
up what we've seen and the Mitchell interview and you got the making of a pretty
good theory... lets see where it goes from here.

Finally as to your conclusions... I don't know if buy much of that just yet...
And I'll admit I'm especially undecided as to whether Tina or Colby is the
"mastermind" behind all of this... but I am starting to think it has some merit.
Keep up the good work!

Lis-Nick-Jerri-Rodger-Keith-Amber-Tina-Colby
Final 1 - Duke

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
I'm not convinced that Tina and Colby were in a secret alliance of two in the beginning. I think, from what I've seen and heard from bootees, that at first the younger Ogakor members had a lot of chemistry with each other (except Kel) and that Tina and Mad Dog were socializing and Keith was trying to earn his keep getting firewood after cooking rice didn't work out. In other words, the older players were a bit peripheral and Colby/Jerri were doing all those back rubs. Colby moved away from the group when they started losing; maybe he started thinking about analogies to the more youthful Pagong.

I think Tina and Colby started working together out of mutual frustration with Jerri, with losing, and because after the Mitchell boot Tina was not trusted any more by Jerri and Colby found himself in a position of power as the new swing vote.
Suddenly he didn't have to go along with the group choice; he could call the shots. As Amber said, "we're all fighting for Colby now."

Small correction to the facts laid out at the top: the conversation between Jerri and Colby discussing a potential alliance of Jerri/Amber/Colby to the end was in Episode 5, if memory serves, AFTER the Mitchell boot.

Jerri was trying to get Colby back into the fold, as Amber said (from same episode). I think she was still pushing for Keith (or second choice Tina) to go if they lost again, and Colby wasn't going to agree to vote anyone off he thought was strong/needed to win immunity.

Had they lost, I think we might have seen either Amber or Jerri get booted, but instead it was Kimmi, and then Michael, so Colby's alliance was never tested because of the accident; however, I think we should remember that Colby has shown a strong focus for getting through whatever stage of the game is going on right now, and a capacity to change according to how the dynamic changes. So has Tina. Jerri--unable to change.

My gut feeling about the Colby/Tina alliance is that it's pragmatic and functioning, but not really clandestine or closer than it appears, but I'm well aware that I don't really know. Waiting to see... I do think that Keith has been used by both Tina and Colby, and for that reason alone I'd be happy if he won.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-01, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

From the Mitchell chat, we are aware that Tina was, in fact, involved in an alliance with Jerri, Mitchell, and Colby from the beginning... my theory is that a sub-alliance was formed during that time.

The CBS website will verify my facts... the conversation took place BEFORE Mitch was booted... Colby promised Jerri that it was "Amber, Jerri, and Colby" to the end... BOTH Colby and Tina were actively working to boot Mitchell and save Keith!!!

(This conversation was repeated in Ep5, however, so you ARE remembering correctly, but my facts were also accurate).

EDITED because my grammar was worse than President Dubya's.

03-24-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
No doubt Tina was part of the original plan, but the sub-alliance at least from Mitchell's POV was Jerri, Mitchell, Colby... where Colby/Tina came into the mix is unclear, but Outfrontgirl's analysis could be pretty close... the real question will be how strong any of the sub-alliances really are and when the strategic "moves" will start to be unfold. The only thing I've fairly convinced of is that the next 2 bootee's are kucha... after that... let the games begin!

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-27-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "E4"
Yes, the "me, you, and Amber to the end" quote was from E4, when Colby was first trying to save Keith. Just speculating, but I'd guess that he first approached Jerri (thinking about a Tina or Mitchell boot) and found an unreceptive audience, then he approached Tina and found a receptive audience.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-27-01, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: E4"
Is this quote from when Jerri found Colby in the woods on his "pig hunt"? Because I'm sure that this was after Tina had already made it clear that she was annoyed with Jerri and she was feeling out the others. Jerri sensed she was vulnerable and sought out Colby. And it may already have been clear that Tina and Keith were aligning because of the canoe incident. It really seemed that Tina was the one that initiated things, and Colby saw this as an opportunity he should take.

And maybe it's just me, but I took that remark from Colby as not completely serious - not so much a real offer as another way of saying that he was not committed to Mitchell (while knowing that Jerri was, and knowing that she would not take a deal that required her to vote for Mitchell). I remember feeling that at the time of the incident, NOT only after Jerri's remarks about Mitchell in the voting booth.

Any comments are welcomed!

dk

C_Master 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-26-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Master Click to send private message to C_Master Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Secret Alliance???"
But with Tina bowing out on IC for Keith...I think that any "using" was paid back...

Thanx

03-24-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "For your consideration"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Not only has Colby and Tina been allied for a while, Keith has NOT been on his own, he's been a part of it.

When Mad Dog was waxed, there was that single little vote for Mitchell... cast by Keith. While many of you will just say that Keith was acting on his own, casting the vote for who he thought was weak, I suggest that his vote for Mitchell proves he was in the alliance since Tina and Colby formed it. Allow me to place these thoughts into your heads for consideration:

Mitchell told us how that TC transpired AS HE SAW IT. Nothing wrong with that. But I've always wondered how Tina is able to walk among the group and talk so freely and make new plans, when they're probably going to be walking fairly close together, or at least within hearing range. So maybe Tina did talk to Mitchell, but it could've been that she was gauging whether they could go ahead and boot Jerri right then. Tina asking about Amber was a red herring for Mitch, she really wanted to know about Jerri. Mitch's answers showed that T/K/C's plan "A" had to be executed, a plan at least three days in the making. And Tina doesn't talk to Colby or Keith, just a shake of the head is communication enough to for them to know.

So Keith voted for MITCHELL in the Mad Dog TC. Why not vote along with Maralyn for Jerri if he was truly on his own? Because he and Tina and Colby knew that Mad Dog needed to go, and by now Colby was thinking about Ogakor's strength going to the merger. So they ask Keith to vote for Mitchell TO GIVE HIM THAT PRIOR VOTE NECESSARY IN A TIE. Colby knows that Jerri has Keith targeted as the next cast-out, so he would tell Keith this and Keith would make that "insurance" vote. Colby will vote for Mad Dog, partially because he truly believed she needed to go, and also to keep Jerri from sniffing out their plots. He even tells Mitch about Keith in order to gain Mitch's confidence (and explain things when that vote becomes known). Tina went along and voted against her buddy Mad Dog for the same reasons as Colby. Jerri still thinks Keith has no allies. And Tina's promise was to Colby and Keith, NOT Jerri.

Then the next TC comes along. Jerri wants Keith to be gone. Colby knows that's Ogakorian suicide. C/K/T execute their plan. Mitch won't help oust Jerri or Amber, so he (the original target) is slated for destruction. To Mitch's surprise, it's executed... and so is he.

Edited for spelling and clarification.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-24-01, 07:20 PM (EST)
9. "RE: For your consideration"
In Mitchell's interview ha stated that even the producers were confused about what to do in a tie vote, and that they had to wait in TC for 90 minutes to get confirmation from corporate. If that is really the case I find it hard to believe that the contestants knew for SURE what would happen until AFTER that night.

As far as when the Tina/Colby alliance started... I think it was probably sometime after the losses started to pile up and Colby started to reevalate his game plan (thanks OutFrontGirl)... Tina does not appear to have been in a position to make this call so it must have been Colby to decide he was done with the Jerri crew. In a self preservation move if nothing else. Also by this time Tina must have felt a little insecure as the agewise outsider in a J/C/A/M/T alliance, and was also ready for a strategy change due to the mounting Ogre losses... so Colby approaches Tina or Tina approaches Colby... either way they both think its a pretty good plan and they get their on version of Amber (kinda) in Keith... maybe thats what the pictures in credits mean... ie Amber and Keith become the pawn of the eventual winner Colby/Tina (okay... okay... thats a major stretch )

03-24-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: For your consideration"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

I think we're in agreement here, cowboy. I think that Colby saw even while Mad Dog was still there that Jerri was booting out the wrong people. Was it not Colby that lamented on an episode "If we'd kept Kel instead of Maralyn last time, we'd have won this challenge" (the tied-together obstacle course)? I may be incorrect about who said it, however.

As to the tie vote, they might not have known for absolute sure what would've happened, but my understanding of the 90 minute wait was just to confirm the rules, not necessarly that they didn't know them in the first place. The contestants might also have thought that there would've been some play-off challenge. In that case the stronger Keith would've been favored. Colby and Tina were willing to take this chance because they knew (and rightly) that losing Keith probably meant Ogakor being toast going into the merger.

Jerri's comment about who her buddies were certainly did not endear her to Tina. But I'm guessing that Tina (and Colby) were already starting to abandon the Jerricorps, although they weren't really ready to "pull the string" and totally bail out. Keith's vote against Mitchell was (IMHO) planned, but it was just for insurance. The insurance was needed, and the defections from the Jerricorps happened when C & T were backed into the corner of either voting for (a strong) Keith as Jerri wanted, or a weak Mitchell. As I said earlier, Tina did give Mitchell a shot, but he stayed loyal to the Jerricorps, and now he's eating vanilla Tootsie Rolls and Doritos at the Ranch with Mad Dog and Kel.

Edited for spelling, grammer, clarification, and for the halibut.

Final Four - Duke, Michigan State, Mississippi , Stanford

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Who's calling the shots..."
My thoughts on that question are located here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/979.shtml#2

IceCat

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •