The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
It sure looks like we stay in Argentina for all of EP4 and MAYBE, maybe we will leave South America at the start of EP5. But let's see what we have for this episode, and I am afraid once again we have more don't knows than knows:

We start off with all eight remaining teams at the Hacienda outside of Mendoza. It is estimated that the first team of Lynn and Alex arrived at around 3:30PM with the teams of Uchenna and Joyce and Gregg and Brian arriving shortly thereafter. The sun does not set until 8:25PM so everyone still in the game arrived before sunset. That would mean that Alex and Lynn would be starting out at 3:30AM. But we have no scenes of anyone in the dark, so we may be having a good case of bunchup before the sun rises at 6:20AM. It looks like the ROADBLOCK is the first task of the day and from the angle of the shadows and from the fact that the sun is just striking the tops of trees this activity must be starting off just after sunrise. But we do not know if the teams had to go somewhere first to get the clue to go to the horse ranch to do the ROADBLOCK.

There is a shot of Alex and Lynn running down a path through the grass that seems to be the location of the horse ranch. We see Joyce on the horse with Uchenna sitting on a hay bale with the sun just striking a tree behind him. We may also see Lynn or Alex on another hay bale behind Uchenna. The task seems to be to ride the uppity horse through a slalom of barrels to reach a finish line with a rope stretched over it. It looks like the riders may have to grab a ring or something off the rope to complete the task, or the task must be completed in a certain amount of time (like others we have had in the past) we also have a picture of Brian looking out onto the coarse (with Gregg riding, although we do not see him) This is also early looking. Later we have Deana (or Dena, as CBS calls her!) having a good deal of trouble with her horse and the sun is now up pretty high which follows since Ray and Deana left in sixth position. I think that there also is a shot of Kelly on a horse and she is the one who rides under the finish rope. If this is a ROADBLOCK, then the teams of Amber and Rob; Meredith and Gretchen; Susan and Patrick also must start off here but we have seen nothing of them yet.

Next we have a major gap in the story. Somehow the teams move from Mendoza to Buenos Aires. But how? There is train service (slow) and you could drive (slower) or fly. Airlineas Argentinas has flights leaving Mendoza for Buenos Aires at 8:10AM arriving in BA at 9:42AM; 9:50AM arriving at 11:22AM and then not until 2:30PM arriving at 4:02PM and finally a flight leaving at 7:50PM and arriving at 9:22PM (not likely) If the first three teams are starting out shortly after sunrise they should perhaps be able to catch the 8:10AM, but more likely six teams may be able to catch the 9:50AM flight (and maybe all eight!)

We have shots of Deana and Uchenna and Joyce on what looks like a plane with the sun streaming into the windows as it would early in the morning.

Next we have the teams in Buenos Aires, most likely trying to find some landmark to get the next clue. Which I think will tell them to catch the Tren de la Costa (The Coast's Train) from Av. Maidu station North to the city of Tigre. The trains leave every 20 to 30 minutes from 7:30AM until midnight. Tigre is 30KMs north of the city and the trip takes about 25 minutes. We have shot of Rob and Amber on what looks like a train and of Lynn and Alex getting off the train. At the Delta Tigre station they may find their next clue for the DETOUR.

One half of the DETOUR seems to be to go out into the Parana Delta River which covers 14,000 square kms with thousands of islands. They must choose a rubber raft with pilot/guide and then instruct him on where to go to find a shipwreck which matches one in a picture they will have been given. So far we seem to have Rob and Amber; Meredith and Gretchen; Brian and Gregg; Uchenna and Joyce; Ray and Deana all accounted for in the boats. Perhaps also Alex and Lynn (not sure). So that still leaves Susan and Patrick and Ron and Kelly unaccounted for or doing the other task of the DETOUR which we have no clue to what it is.

This seems to take everyone until late in the day to accomplish which probably means that when they find the shipwreck they are given a clue to where the pitstop is.

Finally we have a scene which looks like it is pretty late at night with the El Tigre amusement park lit up in the distance and with Patrick and Susan running towards the camera. Last ones to arrive at the pit stop?

If anyone as more info to be able to fill in the missing blanks, lets have it now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE D... PepeLePew13 03-21-05 1
 RE: EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE D... cdru 03-21-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
Nice job of summarizing, Gingerman! Everything seems to make sense as you've outlined it and I agree that it's most likely they fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires so they fit everything into one long day from roadblock to detour to pitstop.

Scratch and sniff

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP4: WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DON'T KNOW"
It is estimated that the first team of Lynn and Alex arrived at around 3:30PM with the teams of Uchenna and Joyce and Gregg and Brian arriving shortly thereafter. The sun does not set until 8:25PM so everyone still in the game arrived before sunset.

I would disagree with the statement that everyone arrived before sunset. Check out the pitstop picture below. You can just barely tell a difference between the black from the trees and the midnight blue sky. This is signifiacntly after sundown...I'd say closer to 9:30 then 8:30. M/G were getting there right after dusk at around 8:30 if that was indeed sunset time.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •