The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

GottaLoveTAR 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GottaLoveTAR Click to send private message to GottaLoveTAR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
I noticed something quite interesting. It seems the team who places next to last in a leg isn't eliminated in the next leg.

Ron and Kelly were 10th in Ep. 1 and 2nd in Ep. 2.
Brian and Greg were 9th in Ep. 2 and 3rd in Ep. 3.
Susan and Patrick were 8th in Ep. 3.

If this pattern continues, Susan and Patrick should move up a few places in leg 4. What does everyone else think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Place next to last and be safe ... cdru 03-18-05 1
 RE: Place next to last and be safe ... Snidget 03-18-05 2
   RE: Place next to last and be safe ... callasin 03-18-05 3
       RE: Place next to last and be safe ... LibraRising 03-18-05 4
 RE: Place next to last and be safe ... TARugh 03-20-05 5
   RE: Place next to last and be safe ... GottaLoveTAR 03-20-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
It means that it's a coincidence. Something happening twice does not a pattern make. Just about every episode starts off with all the teams bunching up or nearly bunching up. At that point, it's pretty much a new race as everyone is essentially at the same point again. I think it has more to do with luck with the tasks and travel arangements.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
I think it also has to do with whether coming in next to last gives a team the kick they need to get motivated to get their act together or whether it is more of a kick them when they are down.

Early in the race I suspect most teams get motivated to do better, which is whey they tend to move up.

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callasin Click to send private message to callasin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
I would suspect that teams in the front of the pack don't feel as pressured to be first early in the game. They know they can make a mistake, save money on slower transportation or take a less grueling but slower task and not be eliminated. Rob and the 4 hour penalty is the obvious example but there may be others they just don't show because they are not dramatic but it does let other teams move up.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-18-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
Yeah, it seems a lot of teams who are doing well by the end don't make spectacular finishes in the early legs.

Chip/Kim were in the middle to the back for much of their first legs. Even Colin/Christi weren't doing that great to begin with, then they started finishing first all the time.

Chip/Reichen were kind of in the middle at first (I just remember they shared a room with the first couple eliminated on the first episode). So were the cute twins whose names I can't think of and Ken/Gerard.

And the Bowling Moms...well, I guess they made it through that entire race by the skin of their teeth!

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
What do I think? I hope it isn't true. (Your theory) I can't handle Susan and Patrick much longer. Seeing them go would be a sweet vindication. If they would just enter the wrong country or something I'd be happy.(You know...everyone in London, England and S/P somehow read the clue wrong and ended up in London, Canada) One: they would be eliminated. two: Phil and his manboobies would have to fly all the way to Canada to tell them.

PHIL: (huffing and puffing) Susan and Patrick..you're the last team to not arrive.

GottaLoveTAR 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GottaLoveTAR Click to send private message to GottaLoveTAR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Place next to last and be safe in the next leg?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

Haha, very funny.

.- - '
. 0 '
. --

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •