The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-22-01, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

Also the E10 Preview. I think there is quite a bit here, and it's A LOT better than the nothing we have. Since zap2it.com has stopped giving us any preview info except when it fits MB's schedule ... this is from the listings in Ontario. Not only does it fill in a little information from the E9 preview, it seems to indicate that the flood hits (or at least approaches) in E10. And I think we can all spin the E10 title into a theory about the future...

Survivor: The Australian Outback - "Honeymoon or Not?"
Type: Network Series / Reality
Duration: 1 hr
Description: Exhaustion and hunger weaken the remaining competitors after storms muddy the river and make fishing almost impossible; another castaway gets the boot. Host: Jeff Probst. (In Stereo)
Airing: Thu 3/29/01 8:00pm

Survivor: The Australian Outback - "Let's Make a Deal"
Type: Network Series / Reality
Duration: 1 hr
Description: Controversy surrounding the last half-cup of rice, the river's rapidly rising waters and a tribe member's lack of effort force the castaways into a difficult decision; the 10th castoff is banished. Host: Jeff Probst. (In Stereo)
Airing: Thu 4/5/01 8:00pm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Krautboy 03-22-01 1
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... md23rewls 03-23-01 2
   Nick in E10...flame away! triwhale 03-23-01 4
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Play2Survive 03-23-01 11
       My take on E9 & E10 Previews from G... Ogaalltheway 03-23-01 13
           RE: My take on E9 & E10 Previews fr... Loree 03-23-01 15
               RE: My take on E9 & E10 Previews fr... SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 19
 Re: E10 preview LowRent 03-23-01 3
   RE: Re: E10 preview Outfrontgirl 03-23-01 5
       As usual, great logic AyatollahKhomeini 03-23-01 6
           Difficult decisions.... SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 7
               RE: Difficult decisions.... idiotcowboy 03-23-01 22
                   RE: Difficult decisions.... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 27
                       RE: Difficult decisions.... VolcanicGlass 03-24-01 31
                           RE: Difficult decisions.... Loree 03-24-01 32
                               RE: Difficult decisions.... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 34
                                   RE: Difficult decisions.... IceCat 03-24-01 35
                                       RE: Difficult decisions.... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 36
                                           The Race Question... IceCat 03-25-01 37
                                               Nick Lazy? Krautboy 03-25-01 38
                                               RE: The Race Question... Play2Survive 03-25-01 39
                                               RE: The Race Question... SurvivinDawg 03-25-01 43
                                               RE: The NICK Question... Dalton 03-25-01 44
                                       RE: Difficult decisions.... VolcanicGlass 03-26-01 45
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... rudysson 03-23-01 8
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... grumpy_angel 03-23-01 9
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Lisapooh 03-23-01 10
       Losing reward challenge = smart str... LowRent 03-23-01 16
           RE: Losing reward challenge = smart... Lisapooh 03-23-01 18
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Play2Survive 03-23-01 12
       RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 14
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Irish1213 03-23-01 17
   Honeymoon's Over? Krautboy 03-23-01 20
       Honeymooners flying squirrel 03-23-01 21
           RE: Honeymooners gemstone 03-24-01 23
               RE: Shocking twist and difficult de... Outfrontgirl 03-24-01 24
 RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Tyler_Durden 03-24-01 25
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... SurvivinDawg 03-24-01 28
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Loree 03-24-01 30
   RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listi... Play2Survive 03-25-01 40
 Difficult Decision ( or Tina's doub... Krautboy 03-24-01 26
   RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's ... idiotcowboy 03-24-01 29
       Most difficult dicision md23rewls 03-24-01 33
   RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's ... Play2Survive 03-25-01 41
       RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's ... Krautboy 03-25-01 42
           RE: Difficult Decision GG 03-26-01 47
   RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's ... Dalton 03-26-01 46
       RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's ... Outfrontgirl 03-26-01 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-01, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
"Honeymoon or Not?". Is this refering to the "couple" that wins the reward challenge and gets sent to a luxury resort for a night? Which "couple" has a new (strategic) relationship developing in the game? Roger and Tina? Or is this the episode that provided fuel for the Colby/Jerri videos rumor?

md23rewls 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail md23rewls Click to send private message to md23rewls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
The episode 10 preview that speaks of a tribe members lack of work sounds a lot like Nick. The title "Let's Make a Deal" sounds like there may be a new alliance in the works. Still, MB's titles are often misleading. I think this is the most concrete evidence that Nick does not get the boot.

triwhale 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triwhale Click to send private message to triwhale Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Nick in E10...flame away!"
As much as I think you may be right about the E10 preview sounding like Nick, it kills me. If nothing else comes up that points to Nick going in E9 we will basically be subjected to post after post for the next few days of folks claiming Jerri finally goes in E9. No way will these folks consider the possibility of Roger or Liz gettin the boot.

Allow me to throw in my two cents, before the Jerri gets the boot in E9 Parade begins...

The False E9 spoiler posted that claimed Roger leaves due to an injury during the blatantly stupid Blindfolded Horseback Riding Death Challenge may have been put out there because it was so easy to discredit. It's real purpose was never to fool us into thinking Rodger left due to that incident, it was to make us think that since the spoiler was fake, Rodger stays through E9. Then it would be a real surprise when in fact Rodger is cast off via injury or votes in E9. "The best place to hide the truth is between to lies". Ok maybe quoting from the X-Files isn't helping my theory.

Anyway, The "Let's Make a Deal" E10 Title may infact refer to Liz. With only Liz and Nick remaining from Kucha, Liz might decide it's time to get an alliance with some Ogawhores to save herself. Perhaps using the knowledge that Tina and Jerri are not bestfriends Liz decides Jerri and Amber might make better alliance partners because they need her more than Keith and Tina do. Nick gets eliminated in E10 setting up Keith and Tina versus Liz, Amber, Jerri, and Colby. Not Keith, Tina, Liz, and Rodger as some hope.

Heck I might as well finish this thought all the way through. The Amber/Liz Final Two might be achieved like this:

In E11 the LACJ Alliance vote off either Keith or Tina. In E12 the one left out of Keith and Tina wins immunity and LAJ decide to vote for Colby because he is the biggest immunity threat. In E13 The Keith/Tina leftover is then disgarded. In E14 Liz wins immunity forcing Amber to vote Jerri off...leaving Liz and Amber. Meanwhile Jerri is now on the Jury with Alicia, allowing them to become friends without the pressure of winning. This would lead into what Jerri's Mother said about her and Alicia staying the 5 days after the show to shop, afterall third prize is 50k.

Just my speculation...then again I also eat alot of paintchips.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
I think the tribe member showing little effort cannot be Nick, because it forces the tribe into a difficult decision. This suggests the tribe member showing little effort must be an Ogie, and then the tribe must decide to keep them or not. I would bet on Amber for this one.

Ogaalltheway 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogaalltheway Click to send private message to Ogaalltheway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "My take on E9 & E10 Previews from Global TV Listings"
I think that Nick may go in E9 and that would leave either Jerri or Amber as the tribe member not participating in camp in E10. Based on their personality and work/game ethic, I just don't see Keith, Tina, Colby, Liz or Rodger falling into this category.

I think that the title for E9, re: The Honeymoon being over refers to the Colby/Jerri relationship or the Jerri/Amber relationship and this is the eppy we see one of them begin to totally unravel.

I also think that the surprise will either be Rodger winning immunity or Colby/Amber turning on Jerri.

As far as the teams for the reward challenge--everyone assumes that Tina and Rodger are teamed up because they are running together in the vid cap previews. What if they are partnered with different people, and the vid caps we have are of them racing against each other to the finish line? If I remember correctly, in S1 during the obstacle challenge, the teams didn't run all legs of it together. They split it. In this obstacle challenge, I bet that one partner does the first few legs and the other partner does the last few legs. I don't think either Tina or Rodger is on the winning team. I bet that the winning team will be whoever Colby is paired with (and I'm guessing it will be Amber because I just don't see the honchos of S2 changing the rules of a challenge just because Jerri doesn't want to be paired with anyone besides Colby).

Based on the vid caps, the E9 and E10 previews and what we know up to this point in the game, I think a Kucha goes in E9 and an Ogie (not K/T) will go in E10.

Just my take on all of this, comments, opinions--fire away!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My take on E9 & E10 Previews from Global TV Listings"
Well if Colby is paired with Amber and then he wins the Reward challenge. That could mean Colby taking Amber with him. This might upset Jerri and cause part of the problem between Jerri and Amber. Colby may want a chance to be alone with Amber to bring her to his way of thinking so she will go along with voting out Jerri when the time comes. Jerri could end up being a real pain around the campfire if Colby and Amber are off enjoying themselves somewhere. Jerri would be doubting who to trust and not me a happy camper. Just a thought...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My take on E9 & E10 Previews from Global TV Listings"
Good job, Loree! I hadn't thought of a Colby/Amber Reward Challenge gettogether, but boy! does it ever answer a lot of my questions and ideas!

Believing (as I do) that Jerri is the next to be waxed, this thinking satisfies:
1) Colby and Amber being alone to discuss the situation.
2) Amber's loyalty switching to Colby and away from Jerri.
3) At least some reasoning for the Jerri/Amber split.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-01, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Re: E10 preview"
Thanks for the post AyaK!! Until now, I was convinced that Jerri would be next to go (In E9). The E10 preview has me thinking otherwise.

"Controversy surrounding the last half-cup of rice" .....hmmmmm.....Which outspoken castaway would be most likely to cause a stir over their last meal? Could it be the tortilla burnin', fried green tomato cookin', "I've got more tricks up my sleeve," lady we all love to hate? Naaah..

"Let's Make a Deal"
sounds like a new alliance forming (Tina/Keith to Kuchas maybe)

"tribe member's lack of effort" leaves more room for intrepretation. Is someone lazy, sick, worn-down, or just not getting along with the group? I dunno..(yet)..Maybe E9 will shed some light on this. I think it will be crucial to see who is most affected by the contaminated water in E9 to determine who will go in E10.

"difficult decision" I'm assuming the decision in question involves the tribal council vote. -- DAMN -- Wouldn't voting Jerri out be an easy decision? The cast member voted out in E10 is probably a likable (but sick) Oga.

Everyone repeat after me: "Jerri is not THAT bad."
Say it over and over until you start to believe it.
It will help me deal with the fact that she's gonna stay a bit longer.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Re: E10 preview"
Thanks, AK, I think you underrate the info. It's great to have even morsels of "official" preview more than one episode ahead!

My question about the Ep. 10: it says that the tribe member making too little effort is one of the factors leading to a difficult decision. Semi-colon. Then the booting. Syntax could mean there's a difficult decision other than whom to boot, although that's the natural assumption. What do people think?

The problem with reading the decision as the decision to boot:
sounds like Nick, but then it doesn't make sense that it's a difficult decision: Nick's been in line for booting and it's a no-brainer. I don't see things changing enough in one episode for any Kucha boot to be tough to decide; it would have to be an Ogie going prematurely. Again, hard to find one to fit the bill, as Tina, Keith, and Colby would have to be totally stricken to stop being industrious. If Jerri stopped "contributing," they'd be (a) relieved and (b)that's a welcome decision by Ep. 10. Amber doesn't fit either.

Maybe the difficult decision is a drastic change in the camp and the booting line is unrelated but written to look connected.

Before seeing this thread, I had just posted a rather long thought on Tina's history on the Tina/Jerri's kids thread, which may be dying and no one will read it. Anyway, the last part of it seems to relate more to what was said above here, so I'm pasting in a portion of it. It gives a different scenario for Lis lasting long enough to win some challenges. I do not believe Lis would team up with Jerri over Tina; I can't see it. (Apologies for duplication.)

Because it makes more sense for Colby to take J/A into Final 3 than K/T, and Tina's smart and stategic, she should be looking down the road to a time when she could make a move with K, Lis and possibly Rodger (except that 2 K's to 2 O's could bite her back).

The safest strategy would be for T/K to ally with Lis after Nick and Rodger exit; then Lis is no longer protecting Rodger or mad at anyone for targeting him in the new alliance. In a tie-breaker of Tina, Keith, Lis v. Jerri, Amber, Colby, either Jerri or Colby could be targeted due to former votes (at present), so even if one of them got immunity the other would go, leaving T/K/L 3-2. Amber could end up in Final 4, fulfilling some spoilers, as would Keith, Tina, and Lis, fulfilling others.

It'll be very interesting to see if anyone can break this tribal identity that MB has made so strong with all his techniques.

Lastly, if Tina and Keith want to keep their options open, they have to prevent the Ogakor bloc from targeting Lis, the Kucha with crossover potential. Of course, their motives would be suspect. I'd just love to see the 5 remaining Ogies as they sit down in their tribal harmony to choose their next Kucha targets. Alicia was a given. I could see Jerri absolutely insisting they boot Lis, because of same reasons just given.

I'd like to see an Episode named after Yeats' poem:

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold."

PS. The Mitchell spoiler was outstanding. I'd like to see the thread continue, but it's been bumped off the first page.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-01, 05:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "As usual, great logic"
Outfrontgirl, I was wondering the same thing -- WE think the clue of a person who isn't doing much points at Nick, but a decision to boot Nick wouldn't be difficult. On the other hand, a decision to stop voting as a bloc and boot Jerri would be difficult, especially if Nick is getting to be too weak to do much hunting for food.

My initial speculation is that Rodger still gets booted in E9. If the river gets too muddy for fishing, then Rodger's greatest contribution to the tribe is over. But then, with Rodger gone, the river keeps rising. So Barramundi has to move its camp ... while it HUNTS for food, because it is running out of rice. Jerri is being Jerri, and everyone remembers who wanted the camp built on the dry creek bed. Ultimately Ogakor breaks with its party-line-vote strategy (perhaps with K/C/T making a "deal" with Amber to be sure of her vote), and Jerri is history.

But I'm sure we'll have a few twists in the road before E10.

Even though I somewhat disagree on the outcome, I think your post (as usual) is an example of first-rate analysis. One of these days I will reply to you on the Mitchell thread (but for now I need some more sleep).

03-23-01, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Difficult decisions...."
This one has me rethinking a little bit, also. While by themselves decisions to boot Nick and Jerri would be easy, what if the choice was between the two? Camp washes away, some blame Jerri, some are mad at Nick for not helping save stuff. So for the first time, I'm thinking that Jerri lasts past E9, although I'm not totally convinced.

Another "difficult decision" possibility: If Jerri is booted in E9, and Nick wins IC for E10, then the choice is between the likeable Rodger and the likeable Lis. That would probably be a "difficult" decision for the others.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-01, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
I'm convinced AyaK/OutFrontGirl has it figured out. The tough decision is when everyone wants to vote off Jerri, but Nick ain't doing squat.

After all if you were him and the last 5 evitee's had been from your team... why bother. We all heard the tag line "life gets
tough in the Outback" (or some such)... by this point you know your going to loose and it can't be much fun anymore... what would you do? I think I'd be begging them to let me go next!

"The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, but it is on the other side of it."

03-24-01, 10:32 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
Nick has been pretty lazy the whole time, even when Kucha was solid, pumped up, eating pork and winning the challenges. An earlier episode took the time to point this out by showing us several of the Kuchas complaining about Nick's laziness. However, some talk show circuit bootees have said that Nick did do his fair share of work and we're not seeing it. Nick did help Mike kill that (domesticated) pig. Then we started hearing about Nick being sick.

While you're correct about the "why bother" attitude, it would appear to be a lot more than that.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-24-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
Nick has been edited as the Invisible Man. Except for an earlier episode where he is accused of lounging around while others work, we have seen nothing in recent episodes to tell us anything either way.

Significant or not? I am curious to know whether he is being edited in such a way because there is nothing there to show or, more importantly, because he has an Alliance of some sort that will come as a surprise to the tribe and to the audience.

03-24-01, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
I am going to be very disappointed if Nick doesn't have some surprise for us. It seems like MB is deliberately not showing us any personality from Nick. Yet he was voted "Mr. Personality" in high school. Seems odd to me. There has to be some mystery there. And I am determined that Nick can't be booted out of the game till we learn something about him. What does he have cookin' and with who?

03-24-01, 10:33 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
Alicia said something to the effect that Nick was "a bit thick". I'm not sure what she meant by that.

I was surprised to learn that Nick was an Officer in the Reserves. Seeing what happened to Kel early on, maybe Nick is being smart to hang low under the radar.

Nick DID get some face time in Ep 8. He read tree mail and was seen in several scenes.

However, his alliances were with Alicia and Jeff. They're at the ranch eating vanilla Tootsie Rolls and Doritos. So I don't know exactly how they're going to get him much more face time. I thought at first that they would give him more face time as he approached his demise, but now I suspect he'll be gone without us knowing much more about him.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
In Ep8.5, Nick did get some extra interview time and he came across as, I dunno... slow I guess. This mirrors Alicia's comments about Nick being thick.

At interviews and in comments he made while voting, his choice of words was not exactly the best and his delivery was stilted almost to the point of slurring words.

If this is the quality of material that Nick was providing to MB and his editing staff, it is little wonder that Nick has appeared to have been marginalized thus far.

This begs the question... how did Nick get selected in the first place? MB's selection process appears to be an extensive one (see the Mitchell transcript) and one expects that Nick must have given a good accounting of himself in order to be selected in the first place. What has happened to him in the outback that he would sink to the rather miserable state that he appears to be in now. Is his 'illness' affecting him that much?

Wierd... I just can't see MB picking someone who is that uncompelling in front of the camera.

IceCat

03-24-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 11:11 PM (EST)

Oh, IceCat, IceCat... I think the question you are begging is that question that nobody wants to say... but with my propensity for getting into trouble, I'll go ahead and say it.

But first: I did not see Survivor I. I've read summaries of it and seen comments about it on this board, but I could not sit here and tell you about Gervase and the amount of face time he got or if he was lazy, etc. However, several persons around here have commented that Gervase was a lazy individual, and that he's black.

My brother is in NYC and is a Performing Arts Wannabee. He has met Monica Lewinski (her handbag sales are doing well, so he informs me) and Helen Hunt. He also has told me that diversity is an absolute in selecting casts for plays. He mentioned a company that had background dancers. One was black, one was Asiatic, one was white, one was Hispanic, etc.

So I'll bring up the wirty dird: RACE. Do not flame Happy Fun Ball, or me either.

These are not my personal feelings, but a case could be made that MB has Nick on the show because of the color of his (Nick's) skin, and having met that diversity requirement, he proceeds to ignore Nick in favor of the other players. This possibility would have no merit except that it seems to be happening twice (Gervase in S1, Nick in S2).

There, now I've said it.

As to Alicia, she's was just too good looking and too involved in things (near-fight with Kimmi) to be ignored by MB. But except for the Kimmi fight, just how prominent has Alicia been? My recollection of the episodes showing Kucha concentrated on Michael, Jeff, Kimmi and Kentucky Joe.

Okay, IceCat, I've said it. Discuss my points all y'all wish, but anyone flaming me personally had better be an Officer in the Reserves themselves...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-01, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "The Race Question..."
Actually the race question and whether MB has displayed any racial bias has come up and is a fair topic for discussion. I must say that you stated it more clearly than a certain previous post on the subject. You also stated it in such a fashion as to not condone or perpetuate said bias, so flames are hardly in order.

My question, however, was why would MB chose a very uncompelling personality to be on the show. If the reason was that MB had chosen persons of colour who were not interesting so that he could then ignore them, why was Alicia so very interesting and a very compelling character on the show.

I think that your premise is quite different though; you are saying that Nick is probably just as interesting as the others and is being edited in an unfavourable fashion at MB's direction.

If that is the case, then MB would be alienating a sizeable portion of the potential demographic. I can't see the bean counters at CBS letting someone potentially lose advertising dollars to satisfy a personal prejudice.

Oh well... we'll probably ever know for sure.

IceCat

03-25-01, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Nick Lazy?"
I was at the bookstore yesterday and skimmed through the Official Survivor Handbook. Apparently each contestant goes through extensive psychological profiling and that information is used in the selection process somehow.

Ther is a section that provides a detailed desciption of each tribe member and a summary statement about each of them from the Casting Director and Psychologist. The psychologist described Nick as going far because he was a HARDWORKING TEAM PLAYER. I found this interesting because of the way Nick has been edited.

So, I would be surprised if Nick is the person referred to in the EP10 preview.

The other posts regarding Colby are worth considering, but I still think it's Jerri because the rice issue and rapidly rising river all both point to her as well...

03-25-01, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The Race Question..."
Actually, I would suspect that MB was trying to go against stereotype when he cast NIck. We know he must be respectfully bright, accomplished and educated to be studying at Harvard Law School. This "type" is radically different than Gervase, who was more of a fun-loving, class clown type. MB clearly casts a number of introverted, thoughtful cast members, and Nick is one of those, and happens to be black as well. I don't think there's any racial intent in the way Nick is being edited. Yes, there was that ONE time when Jeff and Alicia mentioned Nick was being lazy, but since then there's been no mention of that.

I think we may be reading too much into this. As far as I can see, Nick is just a shy and reserved guy. But often those types are very thoughtful and can be calculated. So watch out for some revelation of his thoughts and strategies.

Finally, I wouldn't be too surprised if learn ALL about him in one episode - the one in which he leaves the show.

03-25-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The Race Question..."
>Actually the race question and whether MB has displayed any racial bias has come up and
>is a fair topic for discussion. I must say that you stated it more clearly than a certain previous
>post on the subject. You also stated it in such a fashion as to not condone or perpetuate said bias, so flames are hardly
>in order.

Thank you for these words, and I hope everyone understands as you do.

>I think that your premise is quite different though; you are
>saying that Nick is probably just as interesting as the
>others and is being edited in an unfavourable fashion at
>MB's direction.

Well, if the spoiler about Nick being sick is true, it would be a good reason. Nick might NOT be that interesting for all we know (and we don't know, he ain't been on TV all that much!) What I was basically saying is that Nick fit certain aspects needed for Survivor (in good physical condition (we know this from the fact that he's in the Reserves), has that legal problem-dealing and relationships-dealing mind, etc.) AND he is black so MB fulfills a diversity "requirement" by casting him. Alicia also MIGHT have been chosen as the "token" black female of the cast. I don't know if MB is *trying* to cast Nick in a bad light due to his skin color, and it would be unfair for me to accuse MB of that. I suspect it's more a "Well, I've got my diversity done with this pick, and now I'll just concentrate on others." This is NOT the same as MB trying to cast Nick in a bad light.

Alicia turned out to be a vibrant character, but Nick has not. For whatever reasons (and they're probably legit), Nick is under the radar and isn't one of the pot-stirrers like Jerri, Tina, Kimmi and Jeff. Nick is more like Amber. Amber would be totally under the radar if it weren't for her sycophant relationship with Jerri (and now beginning to be Colby). They are both playing the game, mind you, but they're not the dynamic characters that draw the camera to them.

So, to summarize, I am saying that it is possible that one reason among several that Nick made the show was because he's black, and having met the diversity requirement, MB does not go out of his way to feature Nick.

>If that is the case, then MB would be alienating a
>sizeable portion of the potential demographic. I can't see
>the bean counters at CBS letting someone potentially lose advertising
>dollars to satisfy a personal prejudice.

Neither do I, but I am by no means a professional at these "demographic" things. I'm not sure they're going after color groups, anyway. They seem to be going for age group demographics.

>Oh well... we'll probably ever know for sure.

I didn't bring up the Gervase factor, but if we see a similar pattern in Survivors III and IV, then we might be latching onto something. But once again, it's unfair to accuse MB of racial bias and I am NOT trying to do that.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-25-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The NICK Question..."
There is just a WORLD of difference between the black
male survivor of SI (Gervese) and Nick the b/m/s picked for
S2. (Personality = total opposites.)
I have looked hard for "positive" sides to Nick; here is
a list:

1. Only Alicia/Jeff (complainers) labeled Nick "lazy"...
whereas Oga was very impressed with the decor/room layout
of the Kucha camp (Nick's furniture building).

2. Nick has been a Team Player or "second banana"
to Mike pig killing; Rodger with chicken chopping..
....contributing action not "talk".

3. Interestingly several times Nick has given LisLis big hugs
of "comfort" and she has leaned on him physically/safe.

4. Kucha choose Nick as their leader/instructor in the
Blindfolded Reward course. He even led his team through
some rehersal runs at camp before they left. He led his
team to victory. Why did Kucha choose Nick to lead???

5. Nick doesn't spend much time saying he knows
how anything must be done; arguing about what others decide;
or talking about himself and his strategy (HE has to have
one!!!)

6. Since the merger Nick hasn't come on strong/macho
threat in IC....but he certainly hasn't made Oga enemies either.
I will even venture to say that Nick has talked
to Colby, just as Rodger has talked with Keith (MB hasn't
shown it...so we speculate Lis/Rodger/Keith/Tina.)

I certainly don't know if Nick is "more or less"
than he has been portrayed thus far...the next 4-5 episodes
could explode with NICK ending up the last of the Kucha's
left. IMO, there is nothing NEGATIVE about Nick that
could not be turned on its ear in one episode.
And, yes I am among the ranks who think MB has some
ace up his sleeve with regards to Nick because...
well he's Burn-it, durn-it.

Food for thought.

Dalton

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-26-01, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Difficult decisions...."
I would not be surprised at all if it were his illness affecting him. The question still remains why it has not been shown.

Whether Nick's illnes (if there was an illness) becomes a determining factor at some point or not, there was a way to edit footage to manipulate the audience's emotions one way or another.

Very frustrating that there is nothing to chew on here...

rudysson 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rudysson Click to send private message to rudysson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
My guess is that the "rising waters" "force the castaways into a difficult decision". They have to move the entire camp and there is arguement over that.

Another guess is the "member's lack of effort" is another red herring.

grumpy_angel 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grumpy_angel Click to send private message to grumpy_angel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
the lack of effort is definitly Nick!! And i guess he'll get the boot in EP9.

Unless they want us to believe its nick and it turns out to be someone we didnt expect . but I'm almost 100% sure its nick

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
A controversy regarding a lack of effort could be if someone chose not to give it their best shot in a challenge - reward or immunity. Dunno why someone would do that, but it would be controversial - and if it ended up causing someone unexpected (or targeted) to win immunity instead of that person, it could lead to a difficult decision or unwanted choice.

For example, Liz forfeits a chance to win in order to give Rodger immunity. Ogakors would have to choose between voting off Liz prematurely or voitng off one of their own.

We all assume it would be referencing their duties and responsibilities around the camp, but it could be something less obvious.

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Losing reward challenge = smart strategy"
Look what happens whenever someone wins a Reward Challenge. That person is often separated from the group, and the other hyenas are free to take shots at the person who isn't there to defend themselves. New strategies and schemes develop and the others have the opportunity to bond without the RC winner. Is it really worth a good meal or a night on a yacht to risk being the next target to be booted?

At this point in the game, immunity is only necessary to win when:
1) survivors feel they are the target to be booted next or
2) survivors are trying to prevent the next target from winning

So, it doesn't seem too far-fetched or controversial for someone to lose a challenge on purpose. Tina did in E7 and it may have been the difference in giving Oga the control they now have.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Losing reward challenge = smart strategy"
My point was technically directed to if a Kucha didn't fight for immunity. If they felt they could push an issue or force a choice to be made by K/T. I realize I didn't make that clear.

I do agree w/you. I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone chose not to make a target out of themselves in a reward challenge.

But I still would be surprised if paranoia didn't start to set in on immunity from now on out.

The most striking moment in S1 to me was when Richard who was so full of bluster and bluff - so Machiavellian and smug on camera - did his happy little dance when he won immunity. For all his posturing - he was scared and there was naked, unadulterated, unguarded relief at the reprieve - even though he was technically "safe" within his alliance.

At this point in the game and with this much at stake, how much do you trust anyone? I would be fighting hard for immunity every chance I got. I don't care how "secure" I might appear to be. Or how much attention it garnered.

Immunity is the ultimate control. Sooner or later - having an "alliance" won't be. I think Tina hanging in there so long on that pole is evidence of exactly that. She wasn't vulnerable - she didn't "need" immunity - but she wanted it and she stood there 10 hours to try and get it. It took Keith begging to get her to give in. She did one for the team - but those days are gonna be over.

03-23-01, 10:41 AM (EST)
12. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
Just a point of clarification Grumpy. "Lack of effort" happens in Episode 10, so if it's definitely Nick, as you say, he must not be the one to leave in E9.

I do not believe it can be Nick anyway. Booting him - if he's the biggest threat on Kucha and isn't helping anyway - would be a pretty easy decision, don't ya think.

03-23-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
14. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

Edited to remove what I wrote because I realized I'd already made my case in Msg. 7. Sorry about that, folks.

Irish1213 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irish1213 Click to send private message to Irish1213 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
I have been reading this board for a long time and I've finally had it with ss.com. So anyway, first off, with regard to this honeymoon reference. Why is everyone so quick to assume that its a reference to a couple? Remember the various comments from Alicia and Nick that "everyone is being so nice." I think that its a reference to the entire tribe - with the ensuing flood, tensions soar and things get a little tense and people stop being nice. Anyway, just my take.

Generally speaking, Im a strong believer that this game is Colby's to lose. He told us the last time that he lied to Jerry and it makes sense to believe that he has made Keith and Tina aware of his lie to Jerry. This way, they know that to ensure that C/K/T do make the final four, they have to vote at least one more Kucha off before getting rid of the She-Devil. If they get rid of her any sooner, they run the risk of Amber voting with the remaining Kuchas. Thus, I believe that Colby has told us what will happen - one more Kucha goes, then Jerry, another Kucha, then Amber and I think Liz goes to final four with C/K/T where anything can happen. MB is simply doing what he can to make us all think something drastic will happen!

03-23-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
20. "Honeymoon's Over?"
Welcome Irish. Good thought. I was one who jumped to the conclusion that the "honeymoon" was refering to th luxury RC trip. I agree that it makes a lot of sense for the merged tribe that has been on best behavior so far, to finally reach a conflict that signals, "the honeymoon's over".

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Honeymooners"
Welcome Irish. I think that your original thought was better, Krautboy, because the "honeymoon" was over for Barramundi in E8, with Lizzie trying to crack the Ogakors. Considering the description of the RC in Colby's tree mail and the pictures of the ocean in the clip thread, winning this RC could seem like a honeymoon. But - if that is a correct interpretation (which it might not be), then the couple who wins doesn't include a married member. Rodger and Tina can't be winners, if that logic is correct.

Considering Nick is sick (we think) and Rodger is slow, the winning team must include either Keith or Colby, if that is right. I would lean toward Colby, simply because he seems to be more physical, though there is no evidence to support this. Wonder if Jerri gets her way again and pairs with him (no one in Barramundi has stood up to her yet)?

I wonder if MB thought that, since he didn't get any sex on S1 despite his best efforts, he'd set up a simulated "date" that might at least have the appearance of sex?

I have no support for any of this, but it makes for an interesting theory.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-01, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Honeymooners"
Maybe the "merge" represents the marriage ceremony and the Ogas voting together(saying I do)for the first time represent the beginning of the "honeymoon" stage. The "or not" part may mean everything is not what it seems in the sense that the "honeymoon" is now over and they may be heading for a divorce.

03-24-01, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shocking twist and difficult decision"
On another Ep. 9 thread people mentioned the lightning as shocking, maybe MB punning. Others started talking about the funnel cloud. Maybe someone said this, but if the lightning's a shocker, a funnel clouds a twist(er).

About Nick: he's getting compared to Gervase but it may be that the whole Nick is lazy thing is a MB editing hoax. Jeff said in his chat that he was bummed that he was quoted saying Nick was lazy, and in fact he did plenty of work around the camp. Jeff says he liked to vent when alone with the camera and criticize people for fun, and wasn't all that serious.

Have we ever seen clips of anyone complaining about Nick being lazy in an actual tribal dialogue? Nick's a Harvard law student and an officer in the reserves. Alicia also said there was more substance to Nick than what we've seen. He may conserve his energy for when it's needed, but he's no Gervase. That said, he certainly has seemed low energy and did say he's been sick, and
I have no doubt MB intends us to think of Nick with this preview spoiler. I just keep hoping Nick will demonstrate some capability on this show before he disappears and noone notices.

Here's yet one more speculation on a "difficult decision":
it would be difficult if the person to be booted for strategic reasons was needed by the tribe to help it through its survival crisis, especially if a non-contributor was getting to coast.

Tyler_Durden 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tyler_Durden Click to send private message to Tyler_Durden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
Lots of good theories here but....

"the river's rapidly rising waters and a tribe member's >lack of effort< force the castaways into a difficult decision"

I'm surprised that most peeps think this is Nick. I have 6.5 of 8.5 episodes on tape and I am totally convinced that Colby is the laziest 1 on the continent. I haven't seen him fish, gather firewood, build anything or cook. This would be a difficult decision because both J/A and K/T need him as a swing vote.

Some one please tell me on which episode they saw him do something! ( not counting his futile attempt at a pig hunt )

03-24-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
28. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
First of all, I *DO* count his pig hunting attempt.

Second, he was helping build the shelter early on. Just because he wasn't seen gathering firewood doesn't mean he didn't gather any. He MAY have gone fishing with Jerri and Amber (when Keith and Tina were bitterly complaining about Jerri snagging the boat away from Keith), but I might be wrong on that.

Colby was the guy who bore the weight in the water torture challenge, and he's been the prime motivator for Ogakor to get through their bad losing streak. All-in-all, Ogakor might have gone into the merger down 6-4 at best (or 6-3 if that cancelled IC had indeed been held).

03-24-01, 11:21 AM (EST)
30. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
Well Tyler maybe you are on to something. We always see Colby walking off in a huff when there is work to be done. Maybe he isn't so angry as lazy. He even decided not to work when they were building the Barramundi camp saying there were too many chiefs. And he did jump off that post pretty quick. I hadn't really thought about it. But we don't see Colby doing that much. I guess he is saving his strength for the challenges.

03-25-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
40. "RE: E9 Preview from Global TV Listings"
Tyler, I've thought the same thing about Colby. I have trouble understanding why so many people think he is the strongest player. If we take this quote at face value, we know simply that a) the river's water is rising, b) someone is lacking effort, and c) the tribe is faced with a difficult decision. This is an A + B = C equation, and we seem to be ignoring the A. The lack of effort seems to be directly connected to the water crisis.

Could they be faced with the decision of moving camp, and one member does not want to go through all the effort to do this? Maybe the decision is not the "who to boot?" question.

If it IS who to boot, then we should immediately eliminate Liz, Rodger and NICK from discussion. Voting out another Kucha would not be a difficult decision.

Continuing to look at this deductively, I would then eliminate both Tina and Keith, since both seem to have consistently worked hard and there is no reason to believe this would change.

Next I'd discount Jerri for the same reason as the Kuchas. I don't think it would be difficult for at least 4 of the remaining 6 (in E10) tribesmates to vote her out.

That leaves Colby and Amber. Colby's been known to pout when he didn't have his way. Remember the stretcher bit? Do we forget that Jerri was right? Her stretcher idea worked. Colby couldn't deal w/ not having control, so he went complaining to the river. Considering either Amber or Colby at TC I think we can safely say would constitute a difficult decision.

But that's IF the decision even has anything to do with who to vote out.

03-24-01, 10:29 AM (EST)
26. "Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
While I still believe it makes the best Strategic sense for Tina to get rid of Jerri in EP9, the EP10 preview makes we question if she does.

Sounds like Jerri is still around and the opinionated "control freak" Jerri has HER ideas about how,when or where to cook the last half cup of rice, getting others upset.

The rain brings "rapidly rising waters" and the need to relocate the camp. Colby(or Rodger),who had suggested against Jerri's decision to build camp in the riverbed, probably remind Jerri of that. So Jerri shows "lack of effort" because she is resisting the move and doesn't like the "I told you so!" attitude of Colby(don't think Rodger would say much, and he may not still be around).

These two events are the last straw and "force the castaways into a difficult decision". To get rid of Jerri. While this may not seem difficult because of her personality, it may be difficult for the Ogakor 5 because it forces them to rethink there strategy (which was Ogakor final 5).

"The tenth castoff is Banished". A little harsher language than usual. Not just voted off but "BANISHED". Seems appropriate for Jerri...

The other reason this is a "difficult decision" is because a 4-2 advantage becomes a 3-3 tie if Tina or Amber (neither have votes other than what they might get in EP9) cross over to the Kucha who still have zero votes (whoever gets voted off in EP9 probably gets all the votes). That means Keith or Colby are targets in EP11 if either of the Ogakor women switch.

Amber has reason to switch because her friend was banished. Tina has reason because she wants a million dollars and has abetter chance in the immunity against the Kucha than Keith or Colby.

So while at first glance it may not appear to be a "difficult decision", it really is. and as Jeff and Alicia have said "the game gets interesting"...

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-01, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
The game indeed should get interesting (food shortages, river rising,camp movement), but don't discount Alisha's statement that she would have liked to get to know the Ogre members better... but didn't get the chance... if the game swings back kucha's way she's going have a lot of time to do something she said she didn't and at this point the only Ogre we know she spent any time with was Jerri. That probably means Jerri's not in the final 4 but at this point I don't see any kucha there either.

md23rewls 23 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail md23rewls Click to send private message to md23rewls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Most difficult dicision"
What would be the hardest to do would be if Jerri is voted out in E9 and the Ogakors are forced to vote out another member of their tribe. For instance, in E10, if Nick wins immunity, than the remaining Ogakors would have to choose between Liz and Rodger, which Tina and Keith might not want to do. So they either vote out a person they like, but insure Ogakor dominance, or vote out a tribe member liked less, that would also give Kucha an advantage in voting(Kucha would know that Colby and Keith both have a lot of votes against them). I think that Jerri will go in E9 and Tina and Keith will decide between voting out Amber/Colby or Liz/Rodger/Nick. As for the person not doing work, I still think this will be Nick, he is sick after all. If the camp is moved, then Nick might not contribute enough in some peoples opinions.

03-25-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
Krautboy, again we're on the same page. I just posted above that I am not sure the difficult decision has to with who to boot, but whether or not to move camp, in light of the fact that someone doesn't want to. However, I don't think this person is Jerri. If in her shoes, having made the decision, incorrectly, of where to put camp, most people would then be much more inclined to put effort into moving.

Human nature would suggest that someone might have an "I told you so" attitude, and refuse to put effort into the move because "if you'd have listened to me the first time......you do it.....etc." So I'm thinking it's Colby. He has shown this childish attitude before, like when building the stretcher.

Also, I've also argued that it would be strategic for Tina (with Keith) to get rid of Jerri in E9, unpopular a thought though it is. Now I have to think that evidence is suggesting that Jerri gets the boot in E10. I still believe it would be wiser for Tina/Keith to get rid of Jerri in E9, but it doesn't look like it based on E10 previews and spoiles.

03-25-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
Play2Survive, I like how you think. I'm also shifting from EP9 to EP10 as the pivotal Episode, but I can't convince myself that the "shocking twist" isn't a TC surprise (and a Kucha boot would not fit the description). I'm working on a post regarding that.

What we really need is a "composite theory" that pulls all of the observations, speculations and rumors into one theory for us to continue to refine...as I recall, It's your turn!!

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-01, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Difficult Decision "
I'm tempted to think outside the box for Ep.10. What if somebody's lack of effort forcing the others into a difficult position is in reagrds to the IC. If said person gives up early, the others may think, maybe don't vote him/her off yet because they might still be disinterested in the next IC. Dilemma is go for this obvious weak link/easy target or go for someone else like the most potentially threatening the longer they're around?

e.g. Rodger gets sick/injured. Why vote him out when his well-being is going to increasingly count against him in subsequent ICs. If it's physical, he's in no shape. If mental, hard to think straight. He becomes a weak opponent who can be put on the backburner. Better to focus on the bigger threats first. All this assuming the others don't feel sorry for him in his given predicament.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-01, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
A little voice of reason wants to say.....
What if Ogakor stays strong in E#9 and why
wouldn't they if a Oga wins IC and the odds
can be lowered to 5 Oga to only 2 Kuchas..

Why can't Elisabeth be vote off in E#9---
SHE is the biggest link in breaking apart
the Ogakor final 5 since they can oust jerri
later; or even better go into the final three
with the overall despised wantabee media-slut.

Giving the BOOT to lisabeth, in E#9....would cause
the maximan amount of damage for Nick and Rodger.

Just a thought.

Dalton

03-26-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Difficult Decision ( or Tina's double D)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-01 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

I agree with you Dalton; it's dangerous for the Ogies to keep Lis around; it would render Kucha much more harmless if she weren't in the picture.

On the other hand, Lis has enough personal power that she would make a strong ally with an Ogakor faction. Therefore any Ogies who want to keep their options open should argue to boot Nick instead, or Rodger if Nick's immune. As I've said elsewhere, the question of whether or not to boot Lis might cause some dissension in the majority voting bloc. Obviously, they have to vote together in order to keep the majority, but they have had problems agreeing on bootees in the past.

I think a lot of people simple WANT Lis to stay. She makes things interesting, is nice but competitive, attractive, the kind of player (to date) where you'd be glad if they won.

There are some strong (and some hoaxlike) spoilers scattered around that say Lis stays around for awhile that I won't recap; I think the best one is that Probst said she does great in the challenges (which hasn't happened yet.)

By the way, is that spoiler available in the original quote? I've only heard about it secondhand, and I'd like to see it. It surprises me that Probst would say something so revealing about future events, although it may thrown out there to keep the audience segment that's losing interest because the tribal mowing machine seems so firmly in place.

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, the blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned; the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. Surely some revelation is at hand..." (W.B. Yeats)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •