The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Let's look at the facts about Rob and Amber.

1. Rob and Amber work as a team. None of this emotional crap. ("I don't love you. You don't love me.") They do the job and git er done. No fighting. No bickering.

2. They take risks. The move last night was risky, but they pulled it off and wound up in first.

3. They've won more first-place prizes than anyone this season. Hard to argue with that record.

4. They each know their role. Rob is the leader, the decision-maker, the smaht one. Amber is the follower, the head-nodder, the supportive one. She knows her place, unlike some *cougKellycough*

5. They know how to use resources. In particular, they are the only team smaht enough to consistently find guides to help them navigate a city. Have you evah been to London? Not the easiest city to maneuver through.

Let's look at the facts about the other teams.

Ron and Kelly

1. Ron and Kelly suck as a team. Didn't they learn that there is no "I" in team? Second grade, Kickball 101. This "me first" crap makes me want to vomit.

2. The emotions have got to stop. Really, didn't they learn anything from Mary Adam Rebecca? This is neither the time, nor the place to evaluate your relationship or do a reality check. Get a clue! It's a race for a million dollars!!! Leave that junk for when you've spent the money.

3. Prizes won? One, which they won't be able to use b/c they can't stand each other.

4. Risky? If you want to call following Rob and Amber risky. I take back what I said above. Ron and Kelly have consistently had guides to lead them through this race--their names are Rob and Amber.

5. Kelly looks bad without makeup. You were thinking it, but I said it. Amber seems to have perfect, flawless skin. Kelly? Not.so.much. And borrowing lipstick from a perfect stranger? Creepy. At least borrow powder and cover-up.

Uchenna and Joyce

1. Their major flaw? Niceness. It doesn't win a race, people. (Remember Kris and Jon?)

2. That's about it.

Gretchen and Meredith

1. OH.MY.GOD! Nuff said.

A Nefarious Dice Creation
Mmm, bacon!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. samboohoo 05-04-05 1
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 2
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. samboohoo 05-04-05 3
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. ElroyJetson 05-04-05 4
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 5
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. J Slice 05-04-05 6
           RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 7
               RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. J Slice 05-04-05 8
                   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 9
                       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. J Slice 05-04-05 13
                           RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 15
                               RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. J Slice 05-04-05 18
                                   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 20
                                       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. seahorse 05-08-05 34
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. HobbsofMI 05-04-05 10
 R&A--Best.Team.Within.Limits. realitybites 05-04-05 11
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.Within.Limits. mrc 05-04-05 16
 mrc zombiebaby 05-04-05 12
   RE: mrc mrc 05-04-05 14
 Another big surprise Breezy 05-04-05 17
   RE: Another big surprise mrc 05-04-05 21
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Seana 05-04-05 19
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 22
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. dirob 05-04-05 23
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 24
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Karchita 05-04-05 25
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mtopaz 05-04-05 26
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-04-05 27
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. AugustGirl 05-04-05 28
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. escapedude 05-07-05 29
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Drive My Car 05-07-05 30
           RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. canadafan 05-07-05 31
               RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Drive My Car 05-07-05 32
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. RealityMom 05-07-05 33
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. escapedude 05-08-05 35
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Drive My Car 05-08-05 36
           RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. okaychatt 05-08-05 37
               RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. nailbone 05-09-05 40
           RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... Robotext 05-09-05 41
               RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... nailbone 05-09-05 43
                   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... Drive My Car 05-09-05 44
                       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... nailbone 05-10-05 46
                   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... drtantalum 05-10-05 47
                   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this... Robotext 05-10-05 53
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Alchemist 05-09-05 38
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. mrc 05-09-05 39
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. FLORIDAGAL 05-09-05 42
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. escapedude 05-09-05 45
 Move to fanatics? protagonist 05-10-05 48
   RE: Move to fanatics? mrc 05-10-05 50
   Asked and answered Bebo 05-10-05 51
       Or mrc 05-10-05 52
       RE: Asked and answered protagonist 05-12-05 57
 RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. Bebo 05-10-05 49
   RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (this ed... Robotext 05-10-05 54
       RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (this ed... pal2002 05-10-05 55
 Mea Culpa mrc 05-11-05 56

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I agree with everything you've said. Romber are working as a team, and although Rob is a little cocky, he's smaht, and he's thinking outside the box.

U/J are nice, and they are also working together. I have so much more respect for Joyce than I ever ever had for Kim.

And Kelly, not so much Ron, really needs to STFU about the relationship/commitment issues. I'm sure they probably didn't get a chance to watch Mary Adam & Rebecca, but this is certainly not a conversation to be having in the middle of a competition.

Icey bounced my Dicey

05-04-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
You have joined Breezy on my list of favorite people.

Cuz you agreed with me and stuff.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Well, that's certainly a high honor. *Smooch*

Icey bounced my Dicey

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
MRC

Gotta agree with ya. They are darn good racers. Very smart. But calling Rob a little cocky is like calling the Pacific ocean a little wet. Can't stand the guy. And Amber is pretty vapid.

I hope the best team doesn't win this season.

--Elroy Jetson

05-04-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
5. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Vapidity is underrated, IMHO. It won her a million dollars, right?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Oh, like that vacuum would have won anything if she handn't linked up with Mr. Obnoxious?

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

05-04-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
7. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Slicey, you are underestimating the power of a vacuum. Hoover? Orick? Black holes?

I rest my case.

05-04-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
My 8 pound Oreck has more personality.

And it's hotter.

And it doesn't need a shirt with an "O" on it to remind it what its first initial is.

05-04-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Your logic is irrefutable.

*snort*

05-04-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
13. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I made you a shirt.

It says Mr. Doodyhead on it. I think it's your size.

05-04-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Thanks. You're such a giver.

*adds Slicey to the "other" list*

05-04-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
18. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
This season has been a disappointment.

That does absolutely nothing for me... /Marvin

05-04-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
20. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I've actually enjoyed it, largely b/c of Romber, whom I detested in their Survivor seasons.

Does not compute.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I agree 100% I did not like them in survvivor, but they are my favorite TAR team ever and this is the best TAR season ever, IMHO.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I agree they are the top team to ever be on AR and have amazing luck to go with their skill but I still hate them and hope that they lose.

The guide thing amazes me that other teams, even R/K, don't pick up on. I loved the faces of the people on the subway when R/K was asking about 3 naked men. Priceless.

created by Syren

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "R&A--Best.Team.Within.Limits."
I'll agree with you that Rob & Amber have proved to me that they are the best team in this edition of TAR. Are they the best team ever? You could make an argument for that, but I wouldn't agree. I'd compare them with Tara & Wil (TAR2), Colin & Christie (TAR5), and Frank & Margarita (TAR Classic). I'm not sure where to put them among that group. Ask me in about two weeks.

Anyway, the best teams, as anointed by myself haven't done real well lately:

* I thought Tara & Wil were the best team in TAR2. They finished second.
* I thought Ken & Gerard were the best team in TAR3. They finished third.
* I thought Jon & Al were the best team in TAR4. They finished fourth.
* I thought Colin & Christie were the best team in TAR5. They finished second.
* I thought Kris & Jon were the best team in TAR6. They finished second.

So, even though they're the best, I'm not handing those two their second million just yet.

05-04-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
16. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.Within.Limits."
Ah, but the real comparison is with Charla and Minerva. Romber would beat them silly.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "mrc"
Can I borrow your lipstick

Yup I agree. I said it somewhere else but Romber also think creatively about how to advance. I like that the best about them.

Loved the close up of Kelly's beutiful makeup-less skin. She must have cringed watching that shot last night!

05-04-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: mrc"
You are also on my list (with Breezy and Samboohoo) of fave peeps.

Only if you wear Pretty in Pink. Cuz that's all I got in my man bag.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Another big surprise"
I agree with MRC. *grin*

Ewwwwww I gagged when Kelly asked to use that strangers lipstick and the woman let her!!! Ummmm no I would not and will not allow strange lips to touch my lipstick. Ick! *spit*

I'm just going to follow you around today and agree with you. Ok? *smooch*

05-04-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Another big surprise"
Imagine the cooties. *shudders* Hopefully, she tossed it (or sold it on eBay).

I like groupies!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
>At least borrow powder and cover-up

Eww...she's got zits! If you let her borrow your powder, you'd be transferring all the acne-causing stuff to yourself. You'd have to give her the brush. Ick.

Also, I think I met Ron when I was in Germany. A nice soldier boy was "Happy to be talkin' to y'all. Y'know, they all speak German 'round here." I will remember that quote forever. Such a revelation. The German classes we had taken weren't wasted after all!

Put me on the list, mrc: I don't like Romber. I like you, though.

05-04-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
22. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Granted, I wasn't acne free as a teen, but don't beauty queens laser off those imperfections?

*adds Seana to groupies list*

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirob Click to send private message to dirob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Everything.You.Said.I.Agree.With.Totally!

Especially about Amber! Just in case people missed it. The only person who completed the double decker bus challenge in the least amount of times was the one whose PARTNER stayed QUIET and didn't yell out instructions to further aggravate the situation. Talk about putting "backseat drivers" to another level! If i was the one trying to maneuver that bus, i would appreciate SILENCE over intstructions or even yelled out encouragement so i could FOCUS on the obviously difficult task at hand.

Everyone else felt their partners were entitled to their opinions on how to drive the bus. Amber knew better. Dead weight? Vapid? Useless? I'd rather have her sitting quietly hoping/praying that i get the job done than have someone grating my eardrums and wrecking my concentration while trying to do something so f-ing hard!

And as for actually having to choose between a vacuum cleaner and a cute shirt with a letter "a"...dear God smite me with all your might if i ever steal a meaningful glance at any household appliance.

05-04-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
24. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I'd rather have her sitting quietly hoping/praying that i get the job done than have someone grating my eardrums and wrecking my concentration while trying to do something so f-ing hard!

Agree completely.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Agree.

Not to quibble, but I really don't care for the phrase, "she knows her place". Amber knows how to be a supportive teammate and I see that as a very different matter.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-04-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I think Amber and Rob function well as a team, not because Amber "knows her place," but because these two people really seem to be very well matched for each other. Amber's not the brightest bulb, and while competitive, obviously prefers to have Rob be the front man. Their strengths and weaknesses seem to compliment each other. Amber puts in her two cents now and then, and I get the impression that when she talks, Rob listens. Might not agree, might stick with his original opinion, but I think Rob actually listens to what she has to say without putting her down for disagreeing.

They make a good team because they like each other, and view this race as "us" against "them."

Sig pic by JSlice

05-04-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
27. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Sarcasm, Karchita, sarcasm.

I know my place.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Agree completely, Mrc. I was ready to hate them before the season started, but have been amazed at how great they are doing. They make a great team.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
First of all Rob carried Amber this whole race. They play sneaky and smart and thats why they will probably win..I also feel they have a distinct advantage since they are "Reality" star winners already which isnt really fair to be honest..They are obviously very competitive. At least they get along well as opposed to Ron and Kelly.

"Export Bush"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Of course it's fair.
Why shouldn't they be allowed to compete in a different game?
They have raced in the Amazing Race as many times as everyone else this season. What is so unfair about that?

canadafan 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail canadafan Click to send private message to canadafan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
>Of course it's fair.
>Why shouldn't they be allowed to
>compete in a different game?
>
>They have raced in the Amazing
>Race as many times as
>everyone else this season. What
>is so unfair about that?
>

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/41a4f96a236809ae.html

They have every rights to be there as anybody else. Is it because someone win an Olympic Gold Medal, they are not entitled to try again the next time . Come on! R/A won Survivor All Stars. So what, get over it and Amazing Race is another game and they had to do the same tasks as everybody. They are the best.Hate them or love them but at least acknowledge that fact. It was OK to use tricks or people to get to the pit stop. I know I would do the same because it was fair et within the rules. AMAZING RACE IS A GAME AND AT THE END IT'S 1 000 000$.

05-07-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I agree.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Canada,
I think your Olympics analogy is a great one! People compete in several Olympics and they're admired for their strength and fortitude. I love Rob and Amber. They're the reason I started watching this show. They're each other's cheerleader and best support. They've run a fantastic race- taking risks when necessary, using strategy, having fun! They've just walked down the aisle. Now they're going to race to the finish line.

05-08-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
This aint the Olympics..Let compare Apples to Apples.

05-08-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
36. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Okay.
Rob and Amber have run the Amazing Race exactly as many times as all the other racers. Once.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-08-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
<Rob and Amber have run the Amazing Race exactly as many times as all the other racers. Once.

Succinct and dead on, as usual.

Should winning TAR preclude Romber from winning another million on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" Don't think so.

Dang, Buggy - don't you ever get tired of being right?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Dang, Buggy - don't you ever get tired of being right?

She's never experienced the alternative...

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Robotext 66 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
But for the Olympics, doesn't everybody have to go through the same types of qualifiers to get there? I think R&A got a free ride into TAR just because of who they are and that is what bothers me.

They are TAR's version of the Dream Team I guess.

05-09-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
They went through the same "qualifiers" as a lot of TAR teams. Many of the teams were models. I have a feeling Ron and Kelly were picked for their POW/Beauty Queen story rathjer than any cool audition video they did. And what about Alison and Donny from TAR 5? Reckon they might have been picked because Alison was on Big Brother?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-09-05, 06:49 PM (EST)
44. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
You and your silly facts.

05-10-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
46. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
*hangs head* I'm so ashamed.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

drtantalum 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drtantalum Click to send private message to drtantalum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
The only real qualifiers for a reality show of this nature is 1) are they camera friendly and confident in front of the camera and 2) do they bring interest (i.e. viewers and then advertising money) to the show.

There are no other hurdles to the show really other than making a video to show how outgoing/camera friendly/intersting you are....a test Rob and Amber already passed. I would imagine that in some cases a video is not even necessary to get on the show. I believe it was Amy from the last survivor that actually applied to be on the amazing race with her partner but the CBS execs decided to ask her to be on Survivor instead.

05-10-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Robotext Click to send private message to Robotext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (in this edition)"
Which is why R&K and Alison should not have been on the show either IMHO. I hope Donny finally learned to run far, far away.

I really do not blame them as much as the producers, but hey, ratings is where it is at.

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."

Truth be told, Rob and Amber were almost at a disadvantage because none of the other teams had so much pre contest media. Anyone of the other teams could (should) have watched them on A$$ and seen just how Rob was in all his snarky glory. Everyone else had only short and sweet bio's to reference and that doesn't give you a clue as to their personalities or reactions when the heat is on.

I think some of them were rather intimidated by them and that's where Romber had the advantage. They raced Romber's race and not their own. The teams that used their heads rather then lost them lasted longest.

Alchemist

05-09-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
39. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
I think this thread conclusively proves that Romber are the best TAR this season, and R. Kelly are ingrates. Thanks for playing.

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Rob and Amber are by far the best players this season! Team Dysfunctional aka Ron and Kelly are ROMBER wanna bees. During the Prefinal interview last Tuesday I almost choked when Ron said that Rob and Amber have no Character. OMG hey pot this kettle!!!!!!!!

05-09-05, 07:08 PM (EST)
45. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Im not saying their not the best team but they went into this game as favorites. The producers knew this and so did the other teams..I mean cmon who is their real competion. ? Ron and Kelly who were actually almost eliminated twice? . And they are like oil and water in this race.These guys (Romber LOL) are sharp and know how to play these "reality" games comin in thats all im sayin.

"dont blame me i voted Democrat"

protagonist 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail protagonist Click to send private message to protagonist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Move to fanatics?"
Isn't this thread, by it's very nature, a fanatics thread?

05-10-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Move to fanatics?"
No. I (and others) have been bashing several teams. The line between love and hate is a fine one.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Asked and answered"
You correctly asked the mods to make a call, and we did by not moving the thread. Asking the question publicly isn't going to change the answer. Just because a thread has some positive in it doesn't mean it automatically goes on bashers, and vice versa. Any further questions about this should be directed to the mods via PM or email.

05-10-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
52. "Or"
what Bebo said.

protagonist 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail protagonist Click to send private message to protagonist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Asked and answered"
I am sorry I did email you guys about it but never got a response so I thought you didn't get it. Which is why I posted a question on here to move it because I saw it done in another thread.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far."
Well, since we are on Bashers...

Let me start out by saying I had high expectations for this team. While I didn't think TAR needed to stunt cast, as the last reality show retread (gag, Alison) showed. The show is strong enough without stooping to that. But it would be interesting to see what this team could do. I also looked forward for Amber to show what kind of player she is. After all, she won Survivor by riding Rob's coattails and only one because players' feelings were too hurt to vote for the man who outplayed, outwitted, and outlasted them brilliantly. He was the one who deserved the million. Now, in a team environment, let's see what Amber can contribute.

*crickets*

Well, she answered a question for me. She played TAR the same way she played both Survivors - by hanging on and letting others do all the work. They could have sent a table lamp on the Race with Rob and gotten the same results.

You know, if Lex and Kathy hadn't been such crybabies about All-Stars, it would have been interesting to me to watch either of them run the Race with Rob. Talk about a kickass team. No one else would have stood a chance against either of those pairings.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

05-10-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
54. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (this edition)"
Actually I thought Rob made himself the "Clay" of A.S.S. and thus did not play the game brilliantly. If he was already friends with Lex, he should have put more thought into his strategy to oust him than just attempting to lie to his face. That is why you cannot just physically dominate Survivor (paging Colby). It all comes together in the end (see Brian for probably the best winning performance in Survivor).

TAR, on the other hand, is about results and that is what Rob is best at. The means may irk people but they have no way other than the yield to slow a better team down. Not much use when Romber gets there first (or their competition is R&K, sheesh!).

pal2002 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-10-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pal2002 Click to send private message to pal2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: R&A--Best.Team.By.Far. (this edition)"
>Actually I thought Rob made himself
>the "Clay" of A.S.S. and
>thus did not play the
>game brilliantly. If he
>was already friends with Lex,
>he should have put more
>thought into his strategy to
>oust him than just attempting
>to lie to his face.
> That is why you
>cannot just physically dominate Survivor
>(paging Colby). It all
>comes together in the end
>(see Brian for probably the
>best winning performance in Survivor).
>
>
>TAR, on the other hand, is
>about results and that is
>what Rob is best at.
> The means may irk
>people but they have no
>way other than the yield
>to slow a better team
>down. Not much use
>when Romber gets there first
>(or their competition is R&K,
>sheesh!).

Well, there is 2000 other threads for bashing Romber I guess least you can do is keep bashing to the other threads.

05-11-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
56. "Mea Culpa"
U/J:

Being nice doesn't win you the race, but it does almost lose it for you.

Although the editing made the finish appear closer than it was, IMHO.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •