The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-04, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Hey this is a shout out to all Idol fans. Our show is starting in 6 days. If you don't get CTV, you can still watch clips at the official website http://www.ctv.ca/idol/gen/Home.html

And there is a news section dedicated here at this website here http://www.realitytvworld.com/canadianidol/

We can have just as much fun discussing Canadian Idol as we did American Idol. Great way to pass the summer!

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... okaychatt 05-26-04 1
 RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... Coconut 05-27-04 2
 RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... SnowBunny 05-27-04 3
   RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... Coconut 05-27-04 4
 RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... seahorse 05-27-04 5
   RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... JOSHIDOL 05-27-04 6
       No AyaK 05-27-04 7
           RE: No JOSHIDOL 05-27-04 8
           RE: No dragonstrm 06-01-04 9
           RE: No seahorse 06-04-04 25
 So anything interesting tonight? qwertypie 06-02-04 10
   RE: So anything interesting tonight... oddglass2 06-02-04 11
   RE: So anything interesting tonight... Monicanada 06-02-04 12
       RE: So anything interesting tonight... frisky 06-02-04 13
           RE: So anything interesting tonight... Monicanada 06-03-04 17
 June 2 Show strid333 06-03-04 14
   RE: June 2 Show Coconut 06-03-04 16
 RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... 712 06-03-04 15
   RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... frisky 06-03-04 18
       RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... strid333 06-03-04 19
           RE: Don't forget about Canadian Ido... frisky 06-03-04 20
 June 3 What did I miss strid333 06-04-04 21
   Not much Coconut 06-04-04 22
 Do we just post here? qwertypie 06-04-04 23
   Anywhere AyaK 06-04-04 24
       RE: Anywhere qwertypie 06-04-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
I'd love to play, but I don't think clips will give me a feeling of what's what. Sigh.

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-27-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
I'll try and watch this year. Last year, I kind of flipped through, but the combination of wedding stress, pregnancy brain, and that weird girl from St. John's just made me tune out.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
This is actually the show that got me watching American Idol. Someone I know in Ottawa was selected in the first round, and I tuned in to see how he did. He didn't get very far, but I got hooked on Billy pretty early and was drawn into the show. This lead to my interest in season 3 of AI. Like in almost any reality show, I was disappointed in the choices for final two but was really entertained for most of the season.

The controversy over French and English, and voting trends based on the cultural diversities, was very interesting too. Imagine if some of the more vocal race conspiracy theorists we have heard from in AI3 were Quebecois. LOL.

05-27-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Oh GAWD, don't remind me about the French/English carp. I live in the land of poutine, and it winds me up to see people complaining. It's based on people's votes. People will choose who they like.

Plus, there's Star Academie here. Can you imagine the brouhaha if an anglophone tried to get in?? Gak.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Unless I can see it, I do not think I will be interested in it.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Does it come on any channels in the United States????

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "No"
Under CTV's licensing deal with 19 Entertainment and Fremantle, CanIdol cannot be rebroadcast into the States. Unless you can pick up CTV, you'll have to follow along on the Web....

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No"
Thanks for the info and I guess to pick it up you would have to live a little closer to Canada then down south....

dragonstrm 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-01-04, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonstrm Click to send private message to dragonstrm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No"
That seems a bit strange. I guess Fox didn't want that kind of competition?

Maybe it will turn up on Kazaa or Shareaza something tomorrow.

I recorded it, anyway...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: No"
I would not mind watching it, but I live down South.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "So anything interesting tonight?"
I missed tonight's episode, anything interesting happen? Is Ben the same old same old, or has he improved? I only wish I knew about this thread last year!

La Vida es un Tango!

oddglass2 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-02-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oddglass2 Click to send private message to oddglass2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So anything interesting tonight?"
Nothing interesting, other than they are sending some really crap singers to Toronto, and Ben is annoying. I didn't watch the first season, so did not know how he was before, but if he was anything like last night, I can see how the name Mulroney must have helped him get into broadcasting. The other guy, Jon, he's funny - they should just let him host the show.

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So anything interesting tonight?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-04 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

I really enjoyed last night's show. I could have done without the Ben and Jon ice skating scene though. I liked Daniel Dupuis; I hope he goes far.

JSlice Originals, 2004
NHL 2004 Playoff Pool Champion

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So anything interesting tonight?"
Was Daniel the good-lookin dark-haired French guy? If so, than I agree.

The curly-haired blonde guy was good, too.

I wasn't impressed with many of the girls, especially the cutsie blonde one with the cutsie voice. Canada's version of Scootergirl without the scooter. I can't remember her name.

I know there was a tall black girl who I thought was very good. And the one who sang last at the end of the long day. She was good, too.

I don't see any difference in Ben, but that Jon guy was funnier than last year. I thought he was really annoying last year.

This audition show was far better than AI3 audition shows. They gave us a good variety of good/bad/ugly performers. There were only a couple that you could tell were there on a dare (like the one with the "car"). It seemed that that's all we saw on AI3.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-03-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So anything interesting tonight?"
Was Daniel the good-lookin dark-haired French guy? If so, than I agree.

Yup; that's him. He was Jon Dore's so-called "brother".

...especially the cutsie blonde one with the cutsie voice. Canada's version of Scootergirl without the scooter. I can't remember her name.

I think her name was Amy? The cheerleader, right? I don't know why she made it through; she was totally annoying.

JSlice Originals, 2004
NHL 2004 Playoff Pool Champion

06-03-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "June 2 Show"
Well, I missed yesterday's ep because I was canvassing for the federal election but I did catch today's.

I was really, really impressed by the French girl, wearing the white shirt, that sang in Montreal. She had good tone, and expression, and the ornamentation made sense while remained classy.

06-03-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
16. "RE: June 2 Show"
I missed yesterday too because I had a meeting, but I saw yesterday's. And I agree with you about Annie. She was fabulous - great voice, beautiful, polite. You are SO right about the ornamentation. There was one guy (the black guy with the blue hairband) where you couldn't tell what he was singing because it was so jazzed up.

I also liked the girl from Zaire.

Courtesy Slice & Dice Chop Shop

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-03-04, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Favorites so far: Jon Dore's "Brother", Kirk the Newfie kid, and the girl in Ottawa who sang last.

Didn't care for curly blonde guy.
CAN'T BELIEVE they let that "Smokey Mountain" or whatever kid through.

And that other young kid, Brock, I think, the one on the farm? Already not liking him. His singing, at least. I did think it was funny after he got his ticket when he said "ooh I can't really breathe right now." I think he reminds me of Stuart off of MadTV.

I think what makes me maddest about him was how they went to his place and did a whole profile/introduction piece on him. Not only is it now basically a guarantee that he will be in the top 32, but how unfair is it to the other competitors? We "know him" already, and then we'll get a bunch of relative unknowns in the semi finals.

They did this last year too, with Justin "The Cowboy" Ament, Tyler "The Basketball Star" Doan, Sharon "Chubby Girls Rule" Vanden Enden, and Jewelle "Cello Girl" Blackman, all of whom were in the top 30 (except Jewelle, who voluntarily quit, if I recall). What I think is REALLY awesome is that nobody fell for it, and none of them ended up in the top 10.

06-03-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
>What I think is REALLY awesome is that nobody fell for it, and none of them ended up in the top 10.

Of course not. We're Canadian.

I agree with your sentiments on the country boy. I was thinking...WTF are they doing giving this guy a "this is your life" segment? It seemed fishy to me, because then he sang and was really shaky and just so-so, and the judges thought he was good! Maybe it was the Clay Aiken hair.

I think the judges have been pretty much on the mark for the most part. It was kind of hokey how Sass said she's gonna be tougher this year because she's not as patient (more like you read the boards last year lol). I was pleased that she was more honest and less-Paulaish.

06-03-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"

>It was kind of hokey
>how Sass said she's gonna
>be tougher this year because
>she's not as patient (more
>like you read the boards
>last year lol). I
>was pleased that she was
>more honest and less-Paulaish.
>
I just about fell out of my seat when she told that one person (and she was the only judge to make a comment) that he was not a good singer. I said, "Ouch, that hurts when Sass is the one who tells you that you suck."

06-03-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Don't forget about Canadian Idol 2"
Yeah. She has this edge about her. She would make a really good *nasty* judge, so last year I was really disappointed went she went all Paula on us. I like her better when she's a beeyotch.

06-04-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
21. "June 3 What did I miss"
I was out canvassing but then we had blackouts all over (so taping is out of the picture). Did they make it to my city (Regina)? And was Jon hillarious? I'm guessing that they mentioned that Regina is the pizza capital of the world and that our bridge is the longest bridge that spans the shortest distance of water. (Why? because Reginans always mention these facts.) Did they mention the Green and White and how we hosted last years Grey Cup with tons of pride? And was Mayor Pat Fiacco (who is going to be judge at the Olympics for boxing) mentioned? Did anybody good come from Regina?

I only caught the last two performances in Vancouver when the power returned for 5 min. Can't say much one way or another for these performances.

What can I say? I wear my "I love Regina" t-shirt and button proudly.

06-04-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
22. "Not much"
Tell me you're not canvassing for the Bloc!

Blah. Jon was not hilarious. Ben needed a whack. Not a good one.

They said nothing about "Regina's Mighty Shores" or pizza. There were some okay singers - ten people got through. Sorry I can't remember any more; the baby was fussy and I was tired.

Lying in wait to give the Bloc canvassers a hard time.

06-04-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Do we just post here?"
What is the ettiquette for posting about CI ?(I wasn't around for this last year) Do we just confine comments to this thread, or should I be looking in the other forum (individual and judges) too?
Thanks and warm fuzzies to all! La Vida es un Tango!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Anywhere"
Both forums are available for Canadian Idol use -- and you may start as many non-duplicate threads in either forum as desired.

06-04-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Anywhere"
LOL, but it was so much fun trying to wade through the dozens of duplicate, CAP-LOCKED, poorly spelled, spoiler, conspiracy threads for days after each AI show. I am so sad now that CI fans don't get the same chance at the fun and merriment!
Love and warm fuzzies to all!
La Vida es un Tango!
And besides Ayak, what will you do with all of your free time?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •