The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 4 preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 4 preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-05 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

These vidcaps are taken from the preview shown at the end of Episode 3.
They don't tell us much, other than the fact that Amber can writhe around in the backseat.
We also learn that Joyce and Deanna don't play much polo, and that Ray is a jerk.

OK, we already knew that last one.

...and Amber writhing in the backseat? No surprise there, either.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 4 preview Gingerman28 03-16-05 1
   RE: Episode 4 preview TeamJoisey 03-16-05 2
   RE: Episode 4 preview gatortod 03-16-05 4
       RE: Episode 4 preview TARJUNKIE999 03-16-05 10
 RE: Episode 4 preview gatortod 03-16-05 3
   RE: Episode 4 preview TeamJoisey 03-16-05 5
 RE: Episode 4 preview wendyp 03-16-05 6
   Good idea! Breezy 03-16-05 7
       RE: Good idea! Gingerman28 03-16-05 8
   horses lovwigglesworth 03-16-05 9
       RE: horses weecama 03-16-05 11
           RE: horses Neobie 03-17-05 12
               RE: horses ARnutz 03-17-05 13
                   RE: horses weecama 03-17-05 14
                   RE: horses gatortod 03-17-05 15
                       RE: horses Tarphan 03-17-05 16
                           Will they ever get out of South Ame... GameOver3 03-17-05 17
                               RE: Will they ever get out of South... applejack93 03-20-05 29
 RE: Episode 4 preview Ruthless 03-18-05 18
   RE: Episode 4 preview michel 03-18-05 19
 friday tv promo banzai 03-18-05 20
 2nd TV promo banzai 03-18-05 21
   RE: 2nd TV promo louislam 03-19-05 22
       RE: 2nd TV promo Ruthless 03-19-05 23
           RE: 2nd TV promo volsfan 03-19-05 24
               RE: 2nd TV promo FreshlySqueezed 03-20-05 28
   Saturday TV promo banzai 03-20-05 26
 RE: Episode 4 preview CwazyWabbit 03-20-05 25
   RE: Episode 4 preview weecama 03-20-05 27
       RE: Episode 4 preview pmspml5 03-22-05 30
           RE: Episode 4 preview weecama 03-22-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-16-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
OK, this gives us our first hint of what is coming up in EP4 next week. Based on the estimated arrival times at the pit stop, it looks like things will be starting early the next morning. If from the looks of shadows and the fact that the sun sets before the last team arrives, the teams probably will be leaving around early morning. They may go to a "famous" landmark first in Mendoza and then end up at a horse ranch for the DETOUR. Since the teams were quite spread out in arrival times from late afternoon to early night, there is little chance of a royal bunchup again as there was again last night waiting for the carpark to open at 5:00AM. This is another little producer twist having the DETOUR so early in the ep. But Uchenna and Joyce arrived second and will be starting off early morning. In the background behind Uchenna sitting on a hay bale (which is sure proof that this is indeed the DETOUR) as Joyce rides (and falls) from here pony that the sun is just now striking the tops of the trees while the horse rink is still in shadow. So it must be quite early and just after sunrise. Later we see Deana on her horse and the sun is up full and almost directly overhead which would make it at least 6 hours later than when U and J are here. This follows since the sun had set and it was late evening when they arrived at the pit stop.

At the moment, of course, we have no further clues except Rob and Amber driving during the daylight hours with the sun up pretty high. So just to speculate and to get our production schedule on track, after the DETOUR they may get directions to fly from Mendoza to London, England. They could race to the airport to sign up for the first of two pre-arranged flights with four teams (and associated production personnel) on each flight. Flights leave Mendoza (MDZ) at 8:10AM, 9:50AM and three flights at 12:00noon. The 8:10 connects through Buenos Aires (EZE) and Madrid (MAD); the 9:50 also connects through EZE and MAD. The three 12:00N flights all connect through Santiago, Chile SCL one through Paris CDG and one through Sao Paulo GRU. They all arrive the next day at 8:30AM, 9:25AM, or 1:00PM.

Just speculation, of course, since they end up doing more tasks in and around Mendoza or drive to BA before flying to London.

03-16-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
Wouldn't Uchenna's position on the hay bale indicated that this is a Roadblock, which must be performed by only one team member?

Seems like the sort of non-physical roadblock this team might choose for Joyce. Also, they may have decided to alternate, Joyce did the shoeshine in Ep.1, Uchenna did the barbeque eating in Ep.2.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
CBS has the new preview on their web site.

It looks like this episode stays in Argentina.

Teams out to get Romber.
Ray & Denna searching for a ship wreck.
Joyce falling off a horse.

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
Did someone say "shipwreck"? Was able to watch the new preview on the CBS web site.

Googled a link to some famous shipwrecks near Argentina:

http://www.shipwreckworld.com/southamerica/argentinashipwrecks/default.aspx

03-16-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
I think the horses are the ROADBLOCK. It looks like they may be barrel racing on the horses instead of playing polo (no mallets seen).

Amber may be lounging in the car waiting for the stables to open.

I think they will stay in South America for this leg of the race. Anytime they change continients, it is usually the first part of the show.

More previews will help us out. Anything on AOL?

03-16-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
The car is moving while Amber gyrates in the backseat.

I think she is just stretching during a long car ride.

Or she's posing for Stuff magazine again!

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-16-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
Vo say Romber to make an aggresive move ~~and have Rob saying wont they be surprised to see us? I think they will go for the fast forward....they took a 4 hour penalty and they may think this will bring them back to the front of the pack.

Also the horses ~ with both ladies getting thrown....I am thinking it is broncing horse and they have to stay on the 8 seconds

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Good idea!"
There may be fast foward!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Good idea!"
I screwed up, meant to say ROADBLOCK not Detour. But still from the look of things it will start the day for the teams which is a switch from normal

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "horses"
These are not bucking bronco horses. I've not been directly involved in rodeo or equestrian events but have seen quite alot of them. They would have more protection and a guy (like the clowns for bulls) would be close to make sure the horse didn't kick them or something. Also, I've never seen women do bucking horses (not that they couldn't, but I've been to quite a few rodeos and have never seen it). This might be an equestrian thing (per the hats) were they have to make the horse jump over something. If they didn't pull up at just the right time the horse would just buck a little instead of jumping. Or it could just be they have to get them to go around a barrel course and neither of them know how to handle a horse very well so they get thrown.

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: horses"
VO:Tuesday on the Amazing Race ,in Argentina the teams declare all out war on Survivor sweethearts Rob & Amber
Rob : the other teams love us
Lynn& Alex : I hate them
VO: as a search for a shipwreck could sink the dating couple
Ray: I'm not a back of the pack person I feel embarressed
VO: plus the married couple joined the race to rekindle there love
Urcheena: you are amazing < hugs > Joyce
VO: but they never counted on this
Urcheena: < Joyce on the horse> that horse is just too wild
VO: A new Amazing Race Tuesday

put together by puddin & banzai

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-17-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: horses"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-05 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

That's not Mendoza in #16 or #17. it doen't have a major river system flowing through the urban area.

#14, I can say with 80% certainty, is Buenos Aires. However, I'm not sure if it is recycled from TAR5.

#19 and #20 sure look like an airplane to me.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: horses"
See, I thought #19, 20, 21 & 22 looked like a bus.

Another note about the roadblock, Deana is doing it again? What is Ray just her "suck it up" coach?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

03-17-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: horses"
>Another note about the roadblock, Deana
>is doing it again? What
>is Ray just her "suck
>it up" coach?

lol ..no kidding ARnutz, Ray cant be gone fast enough for me . btw banzai has identified #33 as recyled from the Neptune fountain .

we found a ferris wheel in this vidcap

"Delta del Tigre"
http://www.camiguti.com/buenos%20aires/buenos_aires_gallery.html
( credits to Traegen )

~puddin~

03-17-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
15. "RE: horses"
I agree with the bus theory. WOW (#19) looks like she is looking around. You do not do that on a plane.

Tarphan 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tarphan Click to send private message to Tarphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: horses"
#19 is likely on the train out to El Tigre from Buenos Aires (mabye a 45 minute ride). #26 is looking for one of the sunken ships in El Tigre (likely the reference to the shipwreck). El Tigre is a bit of a maze-like river area so the task is to find the "sunken" boat in the picture. Believe it or not there are probably over 100 "sunken" boats in the area.

GameOver3 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GameOver3 Click to send private message to GameOver3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Will they ever get out of South America?"
It doesn't seem like the Amazing Race to me anymore. They are spending now what seems to be 4 episodes, one which was 2 hours, in South America. Instead of spending so much time there, they could be going all over Europe or Africa right now.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Will they ever get out of South America?"
agree. It seemed like they spent half of TAR6 in Europe as well.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

The horseriding isn't polo - the horses aren't wearing "polo playing" saddles and bridles. They are more like traditional Argentinian-type saddles and bridles. The barrel in the background of the Deanna shot would indicate that it may be barrel racing or something similar. (Barrel racing involves riding a clover leaf pattern at a flat out gallop around 3 barrels - I've done it, it's fun!! -, with the one with the fastest time the winner - they may have to complete it in a certain time to get their clue, I doubt the time required would be anywhere near what a professional barrel racer can do it in!!) If they are experienced barrel racing horses, they would know what to do despite an incompetent rider on their backs. The horse rearing with Joyce is a worry, though the dirt arena looks nice and soft to fall on.

The boat hunting photo match challenge is more like the old TAR challenges of the past. Good to see.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
Even if we don't know exactly what the roadblock entails, we can speculate that Brian and Gregg should be favorite to win or at least do well in this episode as they are the only ones to list horseback riding as one of their hobbies.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "friday tv promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-05 AT 06:36 AM (EST)

Friday tv promo, episode 4
52. pat
53. so what's the other detour?
54. sign on train is fu... or fo...
55. amber
56. gretchen
57. near that horse task
58. brian?
59. alex leaving or coming to the horse task?
61. don't know what team but it's late

the rest is the same with the web preview.

03-18-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "2nd TV promo"
Friday second tv promo, episode 4

62. Buenos Aires, Argentina; "Imagine racing through Argentina"
63. Deana
64. Ray with backpack
65. Pat holding a map?
66. "where the waters are endless"
68. Meredith with river map
69. barrels; "and the horses are wild"

the rest is the same with the web preview.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-19-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 2nd TV promo"
From #65, does this mean that Susan/Patrick will be the last team? The spoiler about Debbie in last week is correct and so far we can only see S/P walking in the dark, and it seems that they are going to the pitstop. Maybe it doesn't matter since this episode is very likely an non-elim.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 2nd TV promo"
#26 and #68 appear to have the same shipwreck in the background. #26 is in daylight, #68 is in darkness. Is this a task that some teams do early in the morning before daylight with others doing it after daybreak, or a task that some teams do late in the afternoon with others doing it after dark. Is the shipwreck search the detour, or just the clue to the next clue?

The horse riding photos show different levels of daylight as well. The Joyce scenes are either very early morning or late afternoon (I'd say early morning), with the Deanna scenes being in much brighter sunlight.

Are both these tasks performed on the same day?

Horseriding in the morning and off to the shipwreck search (late afternoon, early evening for some)

or

Shipwreck search in early morning (pre dawn for some) and then off to horseriding

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 2nd TV promo"
The preview I saw yesterday had a voice over that mentioned a large maze the teams have to race through. The more I think about it...it was during the basketball games and the announcers read the voice over. Would the water shots be taking them to a maze of some sorts?

FreshlySqueezed 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 2nd TV promo"
I heard that the waterways they are boating through were "maze-like". Perhaps that's what the voice over was referring to. Not a maze as in walls but a maze of waterways.

03-20-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
26. "Saturday TV promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

anyone recognize the logo?
That's Uchenna sitting on the hay bale in blue. So the guy in black near the other hay bale should be Lynn. They bunch up.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
I caught a glimpse of a promo during one of the basketball games yesterday and I could have sworn that Romber were on a boat and it was darker than some of the others. Did anyone else catch this? I didn't have my glasses on so I could be wrong!

If it is true, than they didn't go for the fast forward, if there is one!

03-20-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

I saw that two CwazyWabbit..so confirmed doing the shipwreck detour ..
Gretch/Meredith Urcheena/Joyce Ray/Deana Rob/Amber "maybe" Pat & Sue

Roadblock Pat Deana Joyce and "maybe" Gregg or Brian also "maybe" Alex or Lynn .

Notably missing from any detour and Roadblock vidcaps , Ron & Kelly aside from the one shot of Kelly on the train / bus whatever ? Maybe they get to the Fast Forward first ? Just a guess.

~puddin~

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
I am thinking the same thing - R/A go for the FF however, R/K beat them to it and they have to go back and do all the other challenges anyway.

03-22-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 4 preview"
>I am thinking the same thing
>- R/A go for the
>FF however, R/K beat them
>to it and they have
>to go back and do
>all the other challenges anyway.
>

I could see that happening pmspml5 , lol good idea .Maybe thats the scene below in the eyemail ?

this is what Romber are wearing

eyemail ~

~puddin~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •