The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"F&M - missing from the preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-23-01, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"F&M - missing from the preview"
The most recent "Scenes from next week's Episode" show all the teams but one.

All of them appear to be stuck in traffic, or fighting with transportation issues.

But we don't see Frank and Margaretta at all.

I'll speculate that F&M * (hmm, so close to S&M) take a Fast Forward this week **.

They weren't IN the crowded marketplace/traffic situation, hence no footage. The producers choose not to show them in the FF situation, so as not to reveal what happens.

So says Team Joisey

* Remember, they are being penalized for the train/cab incident. Perhaps Frank gets a little panicky (it could happen) and they opt to try to get a big lead.

** Of course, we at home strategize better than that. In the interest of drama the producers built in many compression points to keep anyone from getting a big lead. Apparently the only episode where it's going to make a big difference is the last one.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: F&M - missing from the preview sleeeve 10-23-01 1
   RE: F&M - missing from the preview TeamJoisey 10-24-01 2
       RE: F&M - missing from the preview marley 10-24-01 3
           RE: F&M - missing from the preview SurvivorBlows 10-24-01 4
           RE: F&M - missing from the preview NightScribe 10-24-01 5
               Fast forward Mumbo Jumbo 10-24-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-23-01, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: F&M - missing from the preview"
This is a vidcap from the opening credits:

It is definately Frank, and is believed to be either a Fast Forward or a Road Block.

There are some that reason that a dip in freezing water could not be a road block that everyone would be expected to participate in, and that it must be a fast forward.

If you believe this is a fast-forward, and since it's unlikely that they'll find an ice hole in either Italy or India, this would mean that they will not use the FF this week.

That said... if you think the ice-hole is a road block, then the FF would be available for use this week.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-24-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: F&M - missing from the preview"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 11:55 AM (EST)

Granted, that's Frank in the water. And it's cold. And I believe he sticks around for a while. And that dip in the icewater is PROBABLY not something everyone does. But it could easily be a roadblock.

So, I'm just guessing about this week's FF. Makin' conversation. Looking to see who bites.

And here's another thought...
Maybe F&M are missing from the India traffic nightmare because that's a roadblock... and they took the other choice.

An actual roadblock. Hmm.

I should think before I post.

marley 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-24-01, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marley Click to send private message to marley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: F&M - missing from the preview"
wasn't there a videocap that showed one of the festers in the water and the other was in the boat?

if so that leads me to think that it is a roadblock and not a fast forward...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: F&M - missing from the preview"
There is that diving vidcap, but it's from the opening theme --we have no idea yet in which episode that scene will occur

-SB

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-01, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: F&M - missing from the preview"
There's a great analysis of the opening scene on a thread called "Let's all analyze the opening sequence". It is discussed there, and I don't dispute it, that the swimming scene shows Frank in a cold climate (icy dark waters -- snow covered trees) while Drew (or is it Kevin?) is diving into what is clearly a different body of water which is greenish and most likely in a warmer, tropical climate. So I believe that the Frank cap is a FF and he doesn't go for it this week. That said, I do believe that L&K may go for it considering their precarious standing in the game.

Remember, all the teams except the ambiguous duo still have a FF to use. We should start seeing them use the FF's more.

Fighting illiteracy by day
and writer's block by night

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-01, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Fast forward"
>
>Remember, all the teams except the
>ambiguous duo still have a
>FF to use. We
>should start seeing them use
>the FF's more.

Besides the Festers, I also remember the lawyers/best friends using their fast forward in the very first show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •