The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dumping Votes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-21-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dumping Votes?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-06 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

A few nights ago, when it became evident that the Sovs didn't have the votes to save Nakomis, Kaysar asked James what was the next move. James said they should "dump" the votes, Kaysar agreed. They did this all last year as well. I think this is a stoopid practice and it came back to bite them in the ass last night. They just don't know it.

The Sovs needed five votes to save Nakomis (with Kaysar breaking the tie). But pre-election polls showed they were gonna come up one vote short. On the show last night, in a surprising (and frickin genius, I might add) move, Dr. Evil voted to evict Diane. Had the Sovs + Erica voted the way they intended, they would've gotten the five votes they needed for a tie.

I don't understand the logic behind dumping votes. Who cares if it's not unanimous? It's not like the persons on the block doesn't know who's campaigning for or against them. Can someone give me a good reason why dumping votes is a good idea?

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dumping Votes? nailbone 07-21-06 1
   RE: Dumping Votes? Snidget 07-21-06 2
       RE: Dumping Votes? HowiesBF 07-21-06 3
           RE: Dumping Votes? Captain_Savem 07-27-06 6
               RE: Dumping Votes? HowiesBF 07-28-06 7
 RE: Dumping Votes? RonReports 07-24-06 4
 RE: Dumping Votes? LittleFox 07-24-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
The only reason I can think of was to deflect blame/alliance/suspicion. Dr. Will did his vote for this reason, I think. The only two to vote for Diane were Will and Janelle. That subtracts from the S6 "Alliance" because "somebody didn't vote with them" and adds a bit of mystery as to who it was, and who really did voted for whom.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
Yep, it IMO diffuses the us vs them-ness that was apparent in the votes most weeks last year.

If it is always clearly BB6ers voting against the rest of the house that might make things more polarized than they already are.

It's a tribe creation!

HowiesBF 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-21-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HowiesBF Click to send private message to HowiesBF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
I'm not really clear on 'dumping votes'. Can someone explain this? (When did they do it last season?)Thanks!

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-27-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
"Dumping" a vote is when you vote against the person you were trying to keep in the house because you didn't have a majority to save that person.

They did this all the time last season and I thought it was stoopid then. All the votes were nearly unanimous except for the vote that came from the secret partner.

The only person who voted for Ashlea to stay was Janelle
The only person who voted for Michael to stay was Kaysar.
The only person who voted for Cappy to stay was Maggie and Ivette.
The only person who voted for Kaysar to stay was Howie. (Janelle was on the block with him)
Sara was voted out unanimously (James was on the block with her)

After this point I think it started to become split but I'd have to check the archives to be sure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

HowiesBF 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HowiesBF Click to send private message to HowiesBF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
Thanks so much for the explanation. I never realized this before until you pointed it out. Thanks again!

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-24-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
>A few nights ago, when
>it became evident that the
>Sovs didn't have the votes
>to save Nakomis, Kaysar asked
>James what was the next
>move. James said they should
>"dump" the votes, Kaysar agreed.
>They did this all last
>year as well. I think
>this is a stoopid practice
>and it came back to
>bite them in the ass
>last night. They just don't
>know it.

Television viewers were never told the reason why Nakomis was evicted. You explained it very well here, but we should have learned this from watching the television broadcast.

Season6 would have to lose a Head of Household competition for any of them to be in any danger of eviction before becoming the final four. This show is becoming too predictable with one of those four winning every week.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-24-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dumping Votes?"
I always thought the same thing! Who cares if the votes are not unanimous!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •