The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who did you vote for?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who did you vote for?"
If you voted last night, please post for whom you voted and how many times you voted -- and if you used the toll-free numbers or text messaging.

I'll start: I didn't vote at all, but my children voted for Diana on the toll-free numbers (the "IDOLS-05" number every time but one; "03" that one time) about 40 times (with Lord knows how many busy signals along the way).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who did you vote for? grit 05-26-04 1
   RE: Who did you vote for? freetrade 05-26-04 16
 RE: Who did you vote for? MTW1961 05-26-04 2
   RE: Who did you vote for? kajagogo 05-26-04 11
       RE: Who did you vote for? MTW1961 05-26-04 12
           RE: Who did you vote for? rjrabbit 05-26-04 34
 RE: Who did you vote for? true 05-26-04 3
   RE: Who did you vote for? Shereebie 05-26-04 4
   Agree AyaK 05-26-04 5
   RE: Who did you vote for? emydi 05-26-04 6
       RE: Who did you vote for? rjrabbit 05-26-04 35
 RE: Who did you vote for? Lisapooh 05-26-04 7
   RE: Who did you vote for? MTW1961 05-26-04 14
   RE: Who did you vote for? Thursday 05-26-04 30
       RE: Who did you vote for? rjrabbit 05-26-04 36
 Fantasia Pepito 05-26-04 8
 RE: Who did you vote for? shanana banana 05-26-04 9
 RE: Who did you vote for? JohnMc 05-26-04 10
 RE: Who did you vote for? Tiggertramp 05-26-04 13
   RE: Who did you vote for? Pepito 05-26-04 17
 I tried. Again. moonbaby 05-26-04 15
 RE: Who did you vote for? tweet 05-26-04 18
   RE: Who did you vote for? thisgirl8 05-26-04 20
       RE: Who did you vote for? hotwetgirl1981 05-26-04 32
 RE: Who did you vote for? Queene1979 05-26-04 19
 RE: Who did you vote for? auburnsportzfan 05-26-04 21
 RE: Who did you vote for? BriarRosie 05-26-04 22
 RE: Who did you vote for? AddisonBunch 05-26-04 23
 I didn't plan to vote , but... TeamJoisey 05-26-04 24
 RE: Who did you vote for? smiley 05-26-04 25
 RE: Who did you vote for? PagongRatEater 05-26-04 26
 RE: Who did you vote for? Lolly 05-26-04 27
 RE: Who did you vote for? BennyBoy 05-26-04 28
 RE: Who did you vote for? steppingrazor42 05-26-04 29
 RE: Who did you vote for? samboohoo 05-26-04 31
 RE: Who did you vote for? okaychatt 05-26-04 33
 RE: Who did you vote for? AngryReader 05-26-04 37
   RE: Who did you vote for? AngryReader 05-26-04 38
       Fantasia IslandFever 05-27-04 39
 RE: Who did you vote for? realityjunky 05-27-04 40
 RE: Who did you vote for? uberspoon 05-27-04 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-26-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I could not get through at all for Fantasia. And, being a responsible adult with a day job, I could not stay up the entire 4 hours to keep trying.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

freetrade 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freetrade Click to send private message to freetrade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
Hopefully millions of other americans weren't able to get through to Fantasia either - walks like a duck, sings like a duck, must be highly over-rated duck!!!

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I thinkI voted for Diana 3 times and Fantasia twice, all on the toll-free numbers. I started trying to vote for Diana and got through a couple of times, but then I kept getting busy signals, so I tried Fantasia and got through a couple times.

Finally, I got through to Diana again, but after many busy redials, I eventually gave up.

kajagogo 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kajagogo Click to send private message to kajagogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
and what exactly is the point of voting for both of them? sounds like a waste of time to me!

05-26-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
Yes, you are exactly right! There was no point and I knew it while I was doing it but couldn't help myself.

Honestly, I really thought both girls were great. I wanted to vote for Diana SLIGHTLY more.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I know why you did it MTW! You did it so you could hear their voices on those recordings.

BTW AI - Great idea to have their voices on the recordings!

*smooch* for MTW

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Let me start off by saying I don't really care who wins. I think this has been the worst Idol season yet, as far as talent goes. (who knows what the judges are smoking)

Having said that, I voted for Diana. I used all 3 toll free lines, and I got through the most times on the 01 line. I guess I got through about 25 times. She wasn't that good, and Diana wasn't that bad.

Why was I compelled to vote when I don't really care? Because I was disgusted by the judges comments last night. All Paula can come up with for Diana was "ditto", but she goes on and on for Fantasia, like her voice will bring about world peace or something. She wasn't that good, and Diana wasn't that bad.

Sure, I think Fantasia is talented. I also think that she'd be much better off NOT winning the AI title. I'd never buy one of her CD's, mainly because if I wanted to hear that kindof screeching, I'd play some skee ball at Chuck E Cheese, and use my winning tickets to get a kazoo for my kid play. Her voice is so unpleasant, I'd probably turn of the radio if she was on.

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia, using her three toll-free lines, and managed to get through about 15 times.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agree"
>Let me start off by saying I don't really care who wins. I think this
>has been the worst Idol season yet, as far as talent goes. (who knows what
>the judges are smoking)

Their contracts, of course. If the show gets cancelled, they have to go back to their day jobs!

And I completely agree. See this post.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
True, I felt the same way. The judges should not be that one-sided. I dont remember them being this way with Clay and Ruben. I think their collective egos have gotten the better of them and they think its RPS Idol Show.

I have not voted since last year when I got through on Clay's line all of ONCE

Last nite, I was compelled to pick up the phone and vote for Diana. I really loved her first song, I thought it was better than Fantasia's-- the yeah yeahs just killed it for me.

I tried on all three of her nos. but I kept getting through on 01 so I kept just hitting redial. I bet I vote for her about 20 times or so with many busy signals in between. That was in about 1/2 hour's time.

emydi
BTW, did you see our boy John in the stands. He looks great and so did Jennifer right behind him!!

05-26-04, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
"True, I felt the same way. The judges should not be that one-sided."

I don't remember reading anything that says they can't be one-sided. People gripe because Paula's too nice. Their job is to be honest and IMO they did that last night.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
this is the first time I have ever voted and I've watched faithfully all three seasons. Last night ticked me off. Saying Diana wasn't old eough to sing that song - like she had any say in it to begin with. And they practically annointeed Fantasia's head with oil. It was ridiculous.

I didn't really have a favorie going into last night. I likd them both equally and disliked things about both of them as well. Neither one of them shined last night. both had great moments and slips as well.

But the favoritism appalled me, so I voted for diana. On the toll-free line off and on for a couple of hours. I got through maybe 10 or 11 times.

05-26-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
"Saying Diana wasn't old eough to sing that song - like she had any say in it to begin with. "

That bothered me too! She didn't write the damn song and they MADE her sing it. And it's not like Fantasia has had a lot of time to climb mountains in her three extra years on the planet - especially with a two year old daughter!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

Thursday 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thursday Click to send private message to Thursday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
>Last night ticked me off. Saying Diana wasn't old
>eough to sing that song - like she had any
>say in it to begin with. And they practically annointeed
>Fantasia's head with oil. It was ridiculous.

Yeah yeah yeah! I agree.

"Annoit" was exactly the word that sprang to my mind last night. I almost expected the judges to leap to the stage with a tiara and flowers for Fantasia. And a Miss American Idol banner (whatever they call those things pageant winners wear - I'm blanking on the name - d'oh!) Why bother going through with the voting? - they kept declaring her the winner, over and over. It offended me. What happened to all of Simon's pronouncements that "America decides"?

I don't *adore* Diana but I think she's quite a good singer and Fantasia's voice has annoyed me mightily since day one. I find it screechy and unpleasant. Some people just hate her voice, some people love it (and some people are somewhere in between). It was definitely that blatant favortism by the judges - I think they were *trying* to throw Diana off her game - that drove me to vote. And that's even though I have such a clear preference. Actually stopped watching the show quite a while ago this season but tuned back in for this ep.

I only got through about 7 or 8 times in about 5 times that many tries. After the '1' line was busy a couple times, I decided to move on. I only got through once on the '3' line and moved on to '5' and stuck with that one.

05-26-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
"Annoit" was exactly the word that sprang to my mind last
night. I almost expected the judges to leap to the
stage with a tiara and flowers for Fantasia. And a
Miss American Idol banner (whatever they call those things pageant winners wear - I'm blanking
on the name - d'oh!) Why bother going through with
the voting? - they kept declaring her the winner, over
and over. It offended me. What happened to all of
Simon's pronouncements that "America decides"? "

The judges are there to say what they think of the preformances. If they think Fantasia did a better job what do you want them to do Lie?

"Fantasia's voice has annoyed me mightily since day
one. I find it screechy and unpleasant."

I feel the same way about Diana's voice.

Fantasia's performance of that last song was brilliant. It gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. My mom and I got through about 200 times last night on the toll free lines.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Fantasia"
I voted for Fantasia. Love both Diana and Fantasia, but Fantasia is my choce for AI.

I agree the judges were obviously one-sided for Fantasia. It puzzled me a bit, because of an interview I read about a week ago where Simon stated that he thought Diana would win.

After dialing for 2 hrs 15 mins (yeah, I took breaks), I finally got through. Got through about 10 times or so before I gave up.

The record company can get rid of the yeah, yeah's, and teach her how to behave in public, how to interview, how to dress, etc. Whitney Houston or Barbra Streisand didn't come out of the box that way, either.

Yeah, Yeah, yeah. Yeah. Go, Fantasia. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I got through to vote about fifty times for Fantasia. I waited until after the first hour and a half had gone by and then I found it much easier to vote. I was watching other TV shows and/or reading a book and I just kept the mobile phone in my hand and hit redial constantly, so it wasn't like I didn't do anything but sit there and make phone calls. lol. I first tried the 04 number, but then switched to the 02 number and had multiple successes on that line.

Go Fantasia!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia twice. I recorded it because I had work to do, so it was almost 3 hours after the broadcast.

It took about 5 minutes. I tried the 06 line and it was continually busy. Then I tried 04, got through after a couple of minutes. Then I rewatched Fantasia's "I Believe" one more time, then tried 06 again. Took a couple of tries, but got through.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia, I have no idea how often I did...it was a lot of times.

Here's how I think it will play out:

*If Diana wins, They will offer Fantasia a contract too because they love her. Simon absolutely adores her.

*If Fantasia wins, then she wins and Simon is happy. Diana is offered nothing but the happiness of the tour like the rest of the people who get to go on tour, and maybe someone else will offer her something after her contract with Idol is over.

That's my opinion. How's that for a lurker?

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
>Diana
>is offered nothing but the
>happiness of the tour like
>the rest of the people
>who get to go on
>tour, and maybe someone else
>will offer her something after
>her contract with Idol is
>over.

I would bet you money right now that Clive Davis has already signed both Diana and Fantasia. They are both talented and have proven fan bases. Sign them NOW before either of them has the title. The title will give one of them more clout. It's easier to sign them now, just like they did with Ruben and Clay. Signed them BOTH before the Finale.

I should think that he has already signed LaToya also. Maybe Jennifer and Amy, too. But not Jasmine. Or John. They're not ready yet.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "I tried. Again."
I planned on voting for Fantasia, but if I can't get through in four or five tries I'm done.

tweet 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweet Click to send private message to tweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Diana 10 times with the toll-free number (03).
5 calls made through during the first hour (and during commercial breaks for 24); many busy signals.
Then I got busy and made only 5 more calls around 11:30pm; made through easily, no busy signals.

thisgirl8 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thisgirl8 Click to send private message to thisgirl8 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Diana about 25-20 times. I voted once for Fantasia but that's cuz I only wanted to hear her version of "thanks for voting for me." Fantasia sounded like she was high on helium. I thought I had voted for Donald Duck.

Anyway, I really want Diana to win. Her version of "I Believe" was so much better than Fantasia's version. Fantasia makes me sick. Her voice is too screachy. I usually mute the TV after listening to her for more than 10 seconds. What is up with her tears? Every single show she cries. I think they are fake tears for sympathy! It just makes me sick.

I made all my calls on the toll free lines. I found the most success with the 03 line.

I also made my calls during commerical breaks of 24. I love 24! It's so awesome.

hotwetgirl1981 67 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hotwetgirl1981 Click to send private message to hotwetgirl1981 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
"Her version of "I Believe" was so much better than Fantasia's version"

What??? I don't even think so. Fantasia sanged that sond so good she had to audience crying.

"Fantasia makes me sick"

Go to the doctor!!!!!!

"What is up with her tears? Every single show she cries. I think they are fake tears for sympathy! It just makes me sick."

She only cried after singing "I believe" b/c she was feeling the song and it was actullay how she felt.

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
Dianna (I got thru like 50 times for Dianna) I believe that we are going to see an upset by Dianna and I will tell you why, by heaping praise on Fantasia (I am not insluting her abilities nor do I think she is a bad singer, she is actually very good) the judges were attempting to sway the vote, I dont believe that America will tolerate Simon choosing the winner I believe that it truly is up to America and not Simon. Also, Fantasia does not need this competition to become a star, she has Clive Davis willing to offer her a deal if she looses that is my two cents on the issue.

auburnsportzfan 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail auburnsportzfan Click to send private message to auburnsportzfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia because she is the best performer all around, but that's just my own opinion. However I do believe that Diana will win this competition because most viewers are too young to truly know and appreciate Fantasia's vocal style and those who preceeded her with that style.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
Fantasia, about 10 times.

The number one reason: She sings on-key *consistently*. I just wish Diana could keep on-key half the time.

It was clear (to me, at least), that Diana isn't ready for the big time yet. She does have good stage presence from years of practice, but she needs some work staying on pitch. That was the thing that drove me crazy every week.

If Diana had shown improvement consistently, culminating in an on-key hat trick last night, I would have voted for her.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

AddisonBunch 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AddisonBunch Click to send private message to AddisonBunch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I tried to vote for Fantasia about 20 times and gave up.

From the beginning of the show I really really like Diana. My kids liked Fantasia but I loved Diana's strong voice.

On Big Band night I was moved by Fantasia. She really is great. I think some people don't get her style. She reminds me of a young aretha or patti labelle....just awesome

Diana will do fine.... she has a great voice and wonderful presence. I've been saying all season that Disney needs to hire her. She reminds me of the rest of those teen queens... Hillary Duff.... Lindsay Lohan...Raven Simone. She matured alot recently though. Her singing style reminds me of Leeann Rhimes. I will buy her CD.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "I didn't plan to vote , but..."
I voted 25 times at least for Diana (on the 03 line).

Two factors pushed me to the phone:

1) The judges' anointing of Fantasia;

2) The "yeah yeah yeah" tag EVERY FREEKIN TIME Fantasia sings.
Had she left it off even ONE song last night, I probably would have voted for her, or not voted at all. So 'Tasia, if you lose by 25 votes... It was me yeah yeah yeah yeah. yeah.

Win or lose, Fantasia will probably get a contract and sell records to her fervent fans. I'm not one of them.
Jennifer, you wuz robbed.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-26-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia about 5 times...if I had stayed up later I would have voted more. Fantasia has out sung Diana every week. Of course Latoya was my first choice but since was booted I have joined the Fantasia camp. I feel the judges have every right to say they think Fantasia should win.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted last night for Diana. Even though I had about 200+ dials, there was about 10-12 times I actually was able to register a vote.

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

I voted for Diana, about 40 to 50 times, by telephone, on the 05 line. Got a busy signal about 3 out of 4 times.

Like TJ, the judges' pronouncements re Fantasia motivated me to vote.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
Boy am I glad to see that everyone is feeling the same way I did about last night. Enough Yeah Yeahs and blaitant praising of Fantasia as if she is a God to the competition. I don't think she is the best finalist by a long shot. I feel bad for not voting for Diana, I voted for her almost every week but did not vote for her last night because if she wins it will just be another controversy that I will have to hear about for the next months. I am glad to see that a lot of people did. I'll be happy with either of the winning.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I tried for an hour and a half and got thru once for Fantasia, I'm hoping that's a good sign.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I voted for Fantasia and got through 5 times. I tried to vote for Diana just to see if I could get through and never could -- maybe she was getting a lot of votes.

I haven't agreed with everything that happened this season. I like both girls, but I feel the results shouldn't be about popularity, spite or sympathy. I voted for who I thought did the better job. I didn't like all of her songs or performances, but I felt Fantasia was the better entertainer.

Samboohoo

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-04, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I couldn't get through any on Fantasia's land lines until after midnight. Then, despite many busy signals, I was able to vote about 40 times.

She sounded so YOUNG on the phone.

AngryReader 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AngryReader Click to send private message to AngryReader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
it's easy to see that Fantasia is the best singer...
I have no clue what you guys are hearing if you can't see this for yourselves.

SHE WILL WIN

AngryReader 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AngryReader Click to send private message to AngryReader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
AND SHE DOES IT!!!!
*jumps around*

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-04, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Fantasia"
I voted for Fantasia 50 times-yep I counted. The only reason I voted was because they added phone lines. Last season I was very frustrated trying to vote for Clay, the true AI2 winner.

realityjunky 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunky Click to send private message to realityjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
I tried more than 50 times to vote for Fantasia and never once got through...I tried all three numbers...very frustrating...

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-27-04, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Who did you vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-04 AT 03:34 AM (EST)

i cast all of my votes for Diana.
trying on and off for the entire 4 hours, i might have gotten in 7 or 8 votes. i wasn't all that dedicated this time, if only because i wasn't 'passionate' about either of them. besides, after trying for HOURS to vote for Clay last year with no success in getting through at all, left me a little wary of going through all that again. (of course had Jennifer or George made the F2, i would have voted until the battery died on my phone or i fell over..whichever came first)

i've a feeling that if Diana gets an album, it won't be with 19 Entertainment...and i think that they'll hold her to her exclusivity agreement with them until it runs out. i hope i am wrong, but i doubt that they'll want another Ruben/Clay situation this year. what i mean to say by that is that Clay had as much success as Ruben did, and I think that they don't want to risk a repeat of that again this year for the sake of making sure that the title means something.

i do think that a lack of large amounts of hard-core fans for either Fantasia nor Diana means that more than likely neither of them will have the success of Ruben, Clay, or Kelly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •