The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New "twist" appears in TAR7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-05, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New "twist" appears in TAR7"
I believe we've just seen the first of the promised new "twists" in the second episode of TAR7. I don't ever recall the racers being asked to use their own money to complete a Detour (Roadblock). This one "twist" may benefit the teams who chose the shlepping detour, in the future.

I suspect there are more surprises to come. Can't wait!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7 Earl Colby Pottinger 03-09-05 1
 Not new realitybites 03-09-05 2
   RE: Not new Draco Malfoy 03-09-05 3
       RE: Not new Urban_Kitten 03-09-05 4
   RE: Not new choochoo 03-09-05 6
       The hidden advantage realitybites 03-09-05 8
 RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7 volsfan 03-09-05 5
   RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7 LeftPinky 03-09-05 7
       RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7 Gingerman28 03-09-05 9
       RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7 volsfan 03-09-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7"
I believe you are right. I believe that it has only been issued for transportation only before. Any extra used for food or rooms was just extra. This means teams have to be a lot more careful in thier spending from now on.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-05, 05:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Not new"
TAR Classic had a route marker where the lucky teams had to find beetle larvae, chicken feet, and squid in a market (BTW, can you guess what the roadblock was? Yum.). I'm pretty sure they had to pay for what they bought.

And TAR2 had a roadblock in Namibia where one person had to buy some animal statues, put 'em in their SUV and take 'em to the pit stop. I'm sure they had to pay for them out of their own pockets.

On your broader point, I agree with you that it's a small advantage for those who carried the books. But the grocery items added up to less than $20 US, and they gave them $480 at the start of the leg. The bus couldn't possibly have been that expensive, nor the taxis, and they didn't have to pay for the plane tickets. Where'd all the money go?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-05, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not new"
It seemed like moneychanging was a big issue this time. Maybe the teams weren't actually out of money, but just out of local money.

Of course, with Romber bribing half the country, they may be more broke than we realize.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not new"
I didn't catch it - did the clue advise them that they would have to use their own money? - it seemed like a surprise to some.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not new"
"And TAR2 had a roadblock in Namibia where one person had to buy some animal statues, put 'em in their SUV and take 'em to the pit stop. I'm sure they had to pay for them out of their own pockets."

Exactly, a ROADBLOCK, ergo everyone had to pay, so no advantage to anyone. This was a Detour, so the book people didn't pay anything.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "The hidden advantage"
>Exactly, a ROADBLOCK, ergo everyone had to pay, so no advantage
>to anyone.

Actually, in the TAR2 roadblock, the teams that arrived first paid much less for their statues than the ones that arrived later. The Namibian merchants quickly figured out that those crazy Americans would pay almost any price if they could get outta there quickly. So out came the gouging sticks. Good for the merchants, I say.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7"
Choochoo, I don't think the racers have their own money/credit cards on the race. They are given money on each leg of the race and how they spend it is totally up to them. For instance, Rob used others money to bribe the bus driver.

It appeared to me that they had problems with converting the money from dollars to local money.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7"
Vols I'm not sure the problem was converting the money as much as the racers are in a such a hurry leaving one country to another that they "forget" that they may need local currency. Not all countries are happy to accept greenbacks (although it looked like Susan/Patrick were trying to use another foreign currency at the funicular).

Back to the original siggie!

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-09-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7"
Teams must surrender all money and credit cards before starting out from California; they are even searched to make sure that they have no hidden funds anywheres on their bodies. The producers estimate how much money will be required for each leg of the race which includes money for food, drink, hotel rooms, taxies, buses, entrance fees, etc. If a team squanders some of the money on too much food (Amber and Rob in Ep1) then they may have trouble later on. Teams take time to exchange funds usually at the airport or other places where they have time on their hands, but since this is such a routine affair it is not included in the final edits. Some teams don't take the time to exchange funds and take a chance that green backs will suffice (but as they find out not always and not very often in South America.)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New "twist" appears in TAR7"
Hey LP, if it isn't a converting problem but they don't have the local currency...what is that called? I was saying that they didn't have the currency for the place they are doing the challenge which I think is what happened.

I know that all countries doesn't accept American currency.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •