The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Part of absurd Ep9 spoiler could hold water???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-01, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Part of absurd Ep9 spoiler could hold water???"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-01 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

I hate to say this, but after viewing previews for the next episode, I have to believe that at least some parts of the absurb/inane post that was discussed and dismissed looks pretty relavant. As you may recall, it was flamed becasue of the "blin-folded horesback" challenge. However, it did contain the following, which I cut and pasted from the post.

"Cut scene to the reward challenge: The Barramundi tribe is gathered with the host at the next reward challenge which is situated 15 feet above ground with numerous poles, planks and netting below. Jeff Probst explains the concept of the challenge, which is to walk across planks and retrieve
icons representing each member of the tribe. However, the planks are overlapping which means that 2 or more people trying to cross over at the same to get to the opposite end will result in someone falling off. The time limit is for this challenge is 5 minutes. The most icons retrieved by one tribe member wins the challenge. The prize is an overnight stay at a luxury hotel located in Dongara.

The challenge begins. The tribe members scurry on the planks trying to gather up icons representing themselves. Nick falls first. Tina, Keith, Rodger fall in order. Amber, Elisabeth and Jerri are still on the planks when Colby wins the reward by gathering the most icons in the shortest time. A close up of Colby grinning with his arms up in victory.

Later on, a helicopter comes down in a clearing just north of the creek area. He's been informed that he's not allowed to bring anyone with him. Colby boards the helicopter while the others wave to him as he takes off. "

I know from the preview, I saw elevated platforms, cargo netting, a clear reference to a night off somewhere nice, etc. it may be time to look at the original post a little more closely, though I still think the "blindfolded" stuff is pretty lame... Also, a challenge of this type may be one that leans towards Colby's physical skills. If this spoiler information pans out, things just got a lot more interesting.

I went back and found the link from SurvivorBlows, which comes from Dreaminofcolleen.
http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/987.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Part of absurd Ep9 spoiler coul... Kokoro 03-21-01 1
   Hoax AyatollahKhomeini 03-21-01 2
       RE: Hoax IceCat 03-21-01 4
 Looks Like a Military Obstacle Cour... IceCat 03-21-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-21-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Part of absurd Ep9 spoiler could hold water???"
The thing is, even if that summary told a few half truths, we wouldn't really know until the day of the show when the challenge previews are availiable. Wouldn't hold my breath though ^-^;;

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hoax"
You may want to read this post on ss.com before you look for even half-truths in that "spoiler":

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=3766.topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hoax"
Sheesh...

I wish I had seen your link before I spent 10 minutes tracking down where Dongara was.

IceCat

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Looks Like a Military Obstacle Course"
I've looked at the preview pretty closely and I'd have to say that the challenge depicted is probably more like a conventional military style obstacle course.

It appears to have a thin beam obstacle across water (Amber falling).

A straight line running portion (Probably at start as Tina and Roger are still together).

A rope ladder climb to a tower with a scramble net descent (Colby sliding).

Discrepancies:

The 'spoiler' states that it occurs over ground and parts of this scene are over water (Amber).

The 'spoiler' describes the collection of 'icons' and implies that falling takes you out of the challenge. Colby is shown sliding down the netting with nothing in his hands (no icons), yet the spoiler states Colby wins.

The luxury hotel part... possibly correct...

'winning the ultimate challenge could land somebody in paradise'
The scene on the screen as this is stated is ocean beach.

Hotel located in Dongara... probably not
All the research I did shows Dongara to be in Western Australia north of Perth. The Survivor filming site is in the northern part of Queensland. Dongara and the Survivor site appear to be on opposite sides of the continent (over 1000 miles apart). Either MB has got a lot of money to burn in his travel budget or the 'spoiler' writer didn't research very well.

Also, no horses... no blindfolds... no skinny poles... (thank God, lol)

The spoiler states that the RC prize is a night in a luxury hotel in Dongara

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •