The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Camile, Camile, please go away...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-24-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smakitupflipit Click to send private message to smakitupflipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Camile, Camile, please go away...."
Camile has been bad every time we've seen her..except maybe in the Hawaii tryout. I am getting nervous that she will go "Carmen" on us and stay around as long as the goat girl did last year.

Top 10

Fantasia
George
La Toya
Diana
JPL
Amy
Jasmine
John
Jennifer
Camile

Final three will be Fantasia, JPL, and George

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... zeffy 03-24-04 1
   RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... Polister 03-24-04 4
       RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... TeamJoisey 03-25-04 6
           RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... drooler 03-25-04 9
           RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... Karennz 03-25-04 10
       RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... smakitupflipit 03-25-04 14
 RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... J Slice 03-24-04 2
   RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... LozengeofLove 03-25-04 7
 RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... qwertypie 03-24-04 3
   RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... qwertypie 03-25-04 8
 RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... managerr 03-25-04 11
 Am I Devious Weasel 03-25-04 12
   RE: Am I opinionated 03-25-04 13
 RE: Camile, Camile, please go away.... Puffy 03-25-04 15
 RE: Camile, is still very young So_Opinionated 03-26-04 17
   RE: Camile, is still very young I_AM_HE 03-26-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zeffy 25 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeffy Click to send private message to zeffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-04 AT 01:41 AM (EST)

Carmen had the Mormons; Camille has the Hawaiians.

If she stays around for 2 more weeks, that's just more proof that the voting system really needs to be revamped.

Polister 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Polister Click to send private message to Polister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
What's wrong with that? At least she out there and performing not just like some of us who are not doing something with themselves...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-25-04, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."

Camille is filling a spot in the finals that she does not deserve.

That rendition of Desperado was cringe-inducing, and made me feel sorry for the poor guy who sang it brilliantly, a cappella, in the first round of auditions.

On performance, she is not worthy of competing with ANY of the remaining 10 finalists. Voting should be based on performance, and not where someone lives; nor religion, race, gender, height, weight or hair color.

Camille should withdraw from the competion to save herself and her fans from further embarrassment.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-25-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
I disagee. I think Camille sang far better than Jon Peter Lewis, who has nothing going for him but a cute gap in his teeth. Camille is definitely a goner in the next few weeks but primarily because the judges have really done a number on her. I've watched other contestants on other Idols go through the same. Some contestants are pumped and praised, some downgraded no matter what they do.

It's extremely difficult to believe in yourself when no matter what you try, someone tells you repeatedly that you have no self-confidence. It's a catch-22 type of problem.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
Yes, but how do you REALLY feel?

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smakitupflipit Click to send private message to smakitupflipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
I agree with you on the point that she is trying to become something in this world of do-nothings and never-will-be's, but the bottom line of any TV show, be it reality, comedy, or drama, is that entertainment can never be forgotten. Yes, she was better than thousands of others (but not scooter girl or kyra), but her performances are not entertaining in the slightest. She never smiles, and always looks scared to death. She should have known her fears by now.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-04, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."

She'd really better start proving herself. Clearly, she's in crunch mode now.

Motown should be fun. I hope she doesn't warble her way through an Aretha song, or I might be tempted to put a curse on her. Nobody butchers Aretha, except for when they have just recovered from laryngitis and are really excited to be performing karaoke on a Carnival Cruise.

Not that I've ever done that.

The adventerously kinky Kittyloaf®: accept no substitutes.

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-25-04, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
i love the new sigpic Slicey!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
You said it. I worry she will pull a Carmen too. WAY. OUT. OF. HER. LEAGUE.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
I think Camille will be the next to go and it will be her nerves that do her in. The rest have so much experience and confidence that even with a great voice she just can't compete. I feel for her...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-25-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
Why is it that the singers I like have stage fright issues? I gave Julia 3 strikes before I stopped voting for her. This is Camille's last chance for me.

I actually thought her semi-final performance is very good. When she sings, she is one of the few artists this season that I feel makes the attempt to understand what she is singing and connects with the song. (The other being LaToya) Compare that with Diana D. who sings well, but always has the same cheerful expression on her face. She has no clue what she is singing about.

I actually think that Camille is safe for a few more weeks--as long as Jasmine doesn't bomb again. I think the two share a fan base (somewhat) and Jasmine fans that didn't feel safe about her didn't bother to vote for Camille.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Am I"
The only one worried about her long-term mental health? She seemed ready to have a breakdown when she was standing there as part of the bottom two. As much as I wanted to see Matt go, I almost wanted to see Camille get put out of her misery. Whatever talent she has is lost to her lack of confidence.

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Am I"
I wanted to see her put out of her misery, too. I can't enjoy her performances because she looks so nervous I'm afraid she's going to pass out. She looks worse than poor Julia did last year.

I think that it's possible to work through stage fright, but not in a few weeks time. Cher had horrible stage fright when she first started performing. The difference, of course, is that she started in small venues and worked up to the big gigs. Camille looks like shark bait out there. She's swimming with the big fish before learning to swim with the small ones. I think she should've been cut before the final 32, and told by the judges to go back to Hawaii and sing publicly for a year, then try out again.

JMHO.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Camile, Camile, please go away...."
Camille has no personality; she never smiles; she doesn't have good eye contact; she would be happier back home. She does not seem to be enjoying this experience.

I so love my new sig pic courtesy of JSlice

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Camile, is still very young"
I know I shouldn't give excuses for Camile because she has done REALLY bad but she is young and still developing a sense of self. I do believe she is too fragile for this competition right now. I would like to see her return in a couple of years with more confidence and a stronger voice.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Camile, is still very young"
yeah, that's exactly what i think. she DOES have a good voice, she's just too nervous to show it right now. i wish they had sent ALL of the 18 and under crowd back and said come back next year

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •