The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
This was in my paper today:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/OttawaSun/Today/2005/04/27/1014887-sun.html

It says Lynn and Alex "quickly became fan favourites" (WTF?), and they're both pitching shows, and being approached for shows. But they have to wait a year until their CBS contract is done.

"They are flamboyant, hilarious, compassionate and all around good TV"... yeah, okay, if you say so. And they're still bashing Romber. Get over it already!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... packrat 04-27-05 1
   RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... trudy 04-28-05 3
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... LibraRising 04-28-05 2
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... Estee 04-28-05 4
   RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... rasslinmomma 04-28-05 5
   RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... LibraRising 04-28-05 6
       RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... mrc 04-28-05 7
           RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... LibraRising 04-28-05 8
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... fleaismycat 04-28-05 9
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... xdemigoddesss 04-29-05 10
   RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... Cathy the Canadian 04-29-05 11
       RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... Max Headroom 04-29-05 13
 RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... bostonrobfan 04-29-05 12
   RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show... LibraRising 04-29-05 14
 Getting a TV, maybe... Harrison 05-01-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Apparantly the 'powers that be' don't read the message boards, or they'd know they weren't liked that well. Seems awfully funny that they are 'capitalizing' on their 15 minutes, something they were continually complaining about Rob and Amber doing. It's also nice to know their bitterness for Rob and Amber is still strong.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
It's been pretty obvious that their "Romber hating" has been their twisted claim to fame and that they would be riding that out to get as much face time as possible. Otherwise, why would they bother to waste time on it when they had a race to concentrate on. Why anyone would be amused by these two is beyond me, too. This new thing where they want to ride the coattails of U/J's "nice" motives for winning - i.e. wanting to adopt a child - when did this motive surface?

They better hope Romber wins if they plan on doing a show, since that seems to be the only claim to fame they actually have. Otherwise, where will they get new material?

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-05, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Here's one more perspective from an interview:

http://www.gay.com/entertainment/interview.html?sernum=1026&navpath=/channels/entertainment/television

This one was interesting because neither say the "R" word once (although there is one Amberexia throwaway comment). And they come off much better when that happens. It also explains the idea for the TV show a bit more. It's a good idea, actually, and would fly well on Logo. But -- I think they should stick to producing and get someone else to host. Someone -- less abrasive, let's say.

Ahem...someone with some broadcasting background, perhaps? *blink, blink*

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
And now I have a reason to move to Alabama.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
I'll get the guestroom ready.

I love a martini -- but two at the most. Three I’m under the table; Four, I’m under the host.

04-28-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
OK, I'm going to need this one explained to me. I'm a little slow.

Is this a crossthread reference from OT?

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Yes. Yes, it is.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

04-28-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Ah, then, not as dumb as I seem.

I'd say 30 minutes of a Lynn/Alex show would be a small price to pay in order to keep my Tennessee Williams plays.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Oh heck..they gave Joey Buttafucco (sp?) a TV show so nothing surprises me any longer. I can't see giving Lynn and Alex getting a tv show as being any more improbable than some of the garbage that is on tv. I'm waiting for Mary Kay and her "man" to get a show on how to have a healthy romantic relationship.

I would rather see team cha-cha-cha than Lynn or Alex but what do I know.

I think there are a lot of people who really like Lynn and Alex. The problem with this season is that there seems to be two very different camps: Team I heart Romber and everything they say or do and Team I hate Romber and everything they say or do. Those who love Rob and Amber seem dislike L/A mostly for L/A dislike of R/A; doesn't that seem a little, um, ironic? I think there are other reasons for not liking L/A other than the R/A hating and reasons to like L/A. No team has ever, in my very humble opinion, been without something that redeems them. Even my least favourite, Kendra, was not all bad.

How many people are Romber neutral? I sometimes feel like the only one.

xdemigoddesss 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xdemigoddesss Click to send private message to xdemigoddesss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
Lynn is fat and annoying to look at, and Alex is so wimpy he can't even think for himself. Even my gay friends hate them because they are so flamboyant, and such attention whores. They won't last, but then again I thought the same thing about Avril Lavigne. The crap that is popular now seems to be based on pure pathetic factor, not based on any real talent or even likeability.

They should stay behind the scenes. They have a great face for radio Too bad their voices would force everyone to change the station. I hope they don't have such low self esteem that they need to run with it. They will become so many jokes, and so many people will just make fun of them all the time.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
I just wonder if anyone is even going to remember who they are a year from now.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
A year? How about two days from now? They finished in the middle of the pack on a reality show. Unless your name is Elisabeth (Filarski) Hasselbeck, your 15 minutes of fame are up once you're gone from the show-- even Rob will soon be forgotten.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-29-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
"They are flamboyant, hilarious, compassionate and all around good TV"...

Flamboyant? Check.
Hilarious? Rarely.
Compassionate? VERY rarely.
All around good TV? Not so much.

I do think it's hilarious that they are so public about their hatred and disdain for Rob and Amber and still whine when they don't get invited to the wedding. Bwahahaha! Now THAT'S funny. Yes, cuz on my wedding day, I make it a point to invite the guys who publicly accuse me of having an eating disorder and say the groom is 'ugly on the inside'. I can't think of anything that would make my special day more special. NOT!

04-29-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Lynn and Alex getting a TV show?"
I was not their biggest fans, but I gotta say, it's wise for any reality media whore to try to find a niche rather than attempt to become a superstar (or gracefully fade away is good, too). It's idiotic to think you're going to come off a show and get a sitcom deal, like Cowboy on Big Brother thought. But Logo is meant for a specialized audience, the show's concept (like I said above) is intriguing, and if they can pull it off, more power to them.

But I must agree with fleaismycat -- Danny and Oswald would be excellent hosts for a show like this.

Just trying to look at it from a detached perspective.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Getting a TV, maybe..."
Well hey, if they can find a niche in which snarky, self-important, humorless finger wagging is all the rage- then yeah, I guess it might work for a minute or so.

(That would be quite a niche, indeed.)

I'd like to see the documentary which follows these two as they "ready themselves for stardom".
No doubt they'd be full of stories from the good-old days...you know, before they were so overwhelmed by their "fame".

It could be called, "Delusions of Mediocrity".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •