The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I thought Fabrice was gay?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-28-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I thought Fabrice was gay?"
is that a rumor is it true that he was spotted marching in the boston gay pride parade?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? consise10 01-28-05 1
   RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? PepeLePew13 01-29-05 2
       RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? tribephyl 01-29-05 3
           RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? PepeLePew13 01-29-05 4
           RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? consise10 01-29-05 5
               RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? tribephyl 01-30-05 6
                   RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? freakusmaximus 01-30-05 7
                   RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? Spidey 01-30-05 8
                       RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? consise10 01-30-05 9
                           RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? tribephyl 01-31-05 10
                               RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? volsfan 01-31-05 12
                               RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? consise10 02-01-05 13
                       RE: I thought Fabrice was gay? tribephyl 01-31-05 11
 Did anyone see the previews? volsfan 02-15-05 14
   RE: Did anyone see the previews? consise10 02-15-05 15
       RE: Did anyone see the previews? volsfan 02-17-05 16
           RE: Did anyone see the previews? consise10 02-18-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
I have a real ethical dilemma with what I read about Fabrice, freakusmaximus.If all these rumours are true and he is "Gay Fabreeze",then that should give Jen impetus to pursue litigation against the executive producers and Tv network for "misleading" her in her quest to find the perfect "heterosexual" batchelor.An expensive ordeal I am sure,but worth it to stop all their'sinister' plotting and ploying for the 'great ratings'.If I am right,wouldn`t that just be the ultimate 'stab wound' to these nasty producers!
What do others reckon?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-05 AT 10:43 AM (EST)

It's quite possible that Febreeze fooled the producers, but I think it's more likely he was hired by the producers and encouraged to act in a certain way to inject some drama into the show. I believe that the producers have one person in mind to be the 'muckraker' or villain in each season to liven things up -- think LeeAnn in a recent Bachelor -- so Febreeze is this year's muckraker.

Here's what I think. Next week, he'll tell Jen in front of everyone at the rose ceremony that he's gay -- perhaps when Jen calls his name as a rose recipient, he knows he's got to tell her then and that it's gone too far. There's no way he can continue on the charade of going through a trip to Paris when he's actually now based in New York.

FWIW, if anyone is interested in reading up rumours, etc., of Febreeze being gay, here you go: from PR Web and a Washington Socialites blog -- the latter site has a dozen other links in there.

And there's not a chance Jen can sue the producers. There's a clause in the contract somewhere that says the producers can do something like this in the name of TV entertainment to tweak the show for maximum watchability. Also, if Jen is allowed to sue over something like this, the 10 men booted on the first night could theoretically sue for being fooled on who the two hostesses/waitresses really were (Jen's closest friends).

Scratch and sniff

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
I also remember that Jen was actually present during the casting process and was allowed to pick her favorites.

So truthfully she would have no one to blame but herself.
She chose Fabrice to be in the top 24 (and at present, the top 6) so if Fabrice is indeed gay (and I believe he is) then Jen will need to borrow someones gaydar in the future. She can't sue over her own choices!

Sn'DCS©MMIV

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
Did she have final say on who is in the show or did she only give her opinions on who she thought the good guys were and then let the producers make the final picks? I'm not sure the producers would leave it 100% in the hands of Jen's which guys would appear on the show - they'd want to ensure some interesting characters make it onto the show.

Scratch and sniff

01-29-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-05 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

Hello tribephil.I have an extension of my previous theory to put forward,based on your and apparently many others belief that
Fabrice is indeed gay.

It goes as follows: If Fabrice, aka "Febreeze", at the time of his original audition as an 'eligible' batchelor for Jens choosing, knew he was gay,and it can be proven with 'coming out'photos diaries and a tell all by an ex gay lover,then bingo, Jen litigates and becomes the first to make millions above what they have alresdy paid her to be the batchelorette.She also gets the chance to fight all of the sorted plots and ploys of the 'evil' tele producers who seem to care more about creating news,and for all the wrong reasons I might add ,in a shocking manner to gain ratings.

Just an idea tribephil,what do others think?
Pepeleepew13,by the way, I agree with you about them puting someone in to create ratings waves-and Fabrice is the one who`s doing it for them this time around.

01-30-05, 05:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
Allright.

You have given me reason to back up my reasonings for the above statements.
I know, by one very close degree, a segment producer for the Bachelorette/Bachelor. I see him all the time. He is aware that Fabreeze is gay. But, he was there during filming. So he should be expected to know.
However, he has imformed me that Jen's choices were for real. Yes they chose a group of over 200 other men for her to choose from, but Jen picked her own favorite 24.

IMO, She should have picked up on Fabreeze a little earlier. She will be the only one to blame if she tries to continue anything further with him.

Also, Fabreeze is getting nothing extra by being on the show. The producers did not secretly place him in the cast. Nor did they expect Fabreeze to make it any futher then he has already surpassed. They just sat back in their chairs and hoped for the best.
Also the producers had come across some other guys who were more nefarious in their intentions. So truthfully, in a way, they were protecting Jen in the process.
Out of 10000+ plus entrants, they happen to pick one weird gay guy who likes to be on "straight-dating" reality shows.

If you don't already know. Fabrice was in a european reality dating show. In which 3 guys stayed on a Yacht and voted for the best looking woman on board.
Yes it's a dumb idea, but that's europe.

I'm not jumping down your throat, but Jen has absolutely no ground to stand on, regarding a lawsuit, of any kind, because of the shows contestants.

RE; Pepe:
I agree with you about them putting someone in to create ratings waves-and Fabrice is the one who`s doing it for them this time around.
Yes the producers are always very interested in making the most out of a show. But, I guarantee you, they can only work with what they are given. Fabrice is "gold", but they also had a few other guys who would have been more "fun".
Jen just didn't choose them.

For me, she deserves everythig she gets.
Even if it's the lameass Wendell.

tribe

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
there is also a chnace that Jen is in on all of this (not that she knows he is gay per se, but that she isnt really into him and the producers ask her to give him a rose each week for entertainment value and she agrees to it, knowing he isnt the "one")

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"

Thanks for the insight, tribe. My only qibble with you post:

Out of 10000+ plus entrants, they happen to pick one weird gay guy who likes to be on "straight-dating" reality shows.

The odd of this happeneing were probably closer to 10,000 to a-couple-of-dozen.

01-30-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-05 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

Hello tribephyl and thanks for your post,it`s most informative.
If what you say is true about the behind the scenes people and executive producers knowing Fabrice is gay, then all the more reason why it`s deplorable and they ought to be reprimanded in some way.

Jen may be gullible,given the whole focus of the show,of it being a 'find love in the most romantic of settings,truily larger than life scenarios'-things that realistically not many people would do in establishing their love relationships. Given such a setting I think that makes her the victim more so, because those executive producers already know about Fabrice`s status as a gay male.

As you say,she may be foolish and in need of some 'gaydar' but given the very deceptive role Fabrice is playing, it may not be easy for Jen to see it,given the context of the show.I really feel sorry for her in that way.Know what I mean tribephyl?

01-31-05, 04:28 AM (EST)
10. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
As you say,she may be foolish and in need of some 'gaydar' but given the very deceptive role Fabrice is playing, it may not be easy for Jen to see it,given the context of the show.I really feel sorry for her in that way.Know what I mean tribephyl?

I do. And under normal circumstances ... say it was a friend of mine who set up two of her friends knowing that one of them was hiding a big secret. I would be furious.

But, this is a television show. Plain and simple and if anyone really thought that they could find their "soul mate" by subjecting themselves to a reality dating show type of format like this should be willing to take the blame for the decisions that they end up making.
This is her (jens) opportunity to weed out the bad ones in hopes that the one she picks is the "good" one.

To some, Fabrice's "coming out" will be shocking. For others it will be fricken hilarious. To others yet it will be attacking the moral fiber of America (or wherever they live).
But they've been saying that stuff about the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows, since their inception.

All things considered, the show has produced only 1 "workable" relationship so far. So the odds for finding your true love by going on the Bachelor/Bachelorette are already slim.
(Jen should know this better then most considering she is an also-ran from a previous Bachelor.)
I can't see any one of them suing the producers for failing to inform them that the guy they chose was a "playboy", already had a girlfriend, wasn't willing to move, blah, blah, blah.
(At least the Bachelor/ette producers test for STD's. Now that, would be a real lawsuit if anything bad happened.)
Bottom line: They knew what they were getting into. Or moreso ... the choices they have made are in direct correlation with the place they find themself after the show is finally over.

I do understand what you are saying, but IMO, your sentiment would be better bestowed on more "deserving" parties. I don't think any of these people on this show are that deserving.

In fact, 2 other shows, off the top of my head, were much more nefarious in their production attempts. Both "Boy meets Boy" and "Playing it Straight". In "Boy meets Boy", there were several "straight" guys vying for 1 "gay" guys attentions. The "bachelor" had no idea until the final 6 that there was even a possibility that the producers were setting him up.
In "Playing it Straight", the "bachelorette" had no idea that almost half of her choices were "gay".
In both shows the contestants who were not geared toward the gender of the Guest of Honor, were promised sizable cash bonuses if they could keep up the charade and fool the single guest of honor.
So truthfully if you have any pity to bestow upon reality "dating show" contestants, those 2 should be where you start.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
Tribe, I am with you on Boy Meets Boy and Playing It Straight. However, I think Boy Meets Boy was the worst of the two. The "guest of honor" was really tore up about it but his friend that was on the show with him really got upset with the producers. Rightfully so.

These shows have to have contracts that give the producers an out (no pun intended) for such things.

02-01-05, 04:56 AM (EST)
13. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-05 AT 05:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-01-05 AT 05:29 AM (EST)

I appreciate your lenghthy reply tribephyl,and your point of view is most clear.

In your post you mentioned "Playing it Straight" which was also aired Downunder and I did watch.That was a completely degrading position for the batchelorette to be in,and I felt sorry for her too.

However,to change the topic somewhat, now that its all over, and she got some modeling contract out of it,all thanks to her 'embarrasing audition' if you like ,she probably hasn`t done too badly out of it after all,if you know what I mean.

Back to Jen, and her prior experience with the Firestone Batchelor! Yes I agree she may be a DAW, but for whatever alterior motives she and all these reality TV contestants may have,for wanting a career in the limelight,how many actually succeed in your opinion tribephyl?Can you give us examples but please don`t talk about the ones who have participated in talent shows like American Idol.

Are you fair dinkum Tribephyl? Are you for real, do they really get tested for Sexually Transmitted Diseases? Can only be a good thing given the scenarios they get placed in.Remember the intimate shower scene between Bob the womaniser and Mary?

01-31-05, 04:37 AM (EST)
11. "RE: I thought Fabrice was gay?"
The odd of this happeneing were probably closer to 10,000 to a-couple-of-dozen.

Holy Carp! No Joke!
I think all of her choices are desparate losers/attention whores.
I would expect any normally functioning person to say
"You are all SOL! I'd rather stalk Andrew Firestone then have any of these 'Fruits, Nuts or Flakes' as my final choice."
"By the way, Mark, you can shove that 'last rose' where the sun don't shine."

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Is that too much to ask .. for a woman on a reality dating show to not be so damn desperate to shack-up with a DAW, as a husband.

02-15-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Did anyone see the previews?"
for the men tells all next week show?

The voiceover says something like "who is the gay one?" as they show Fabrice winking at someone. I guess we get the confirmation next week!

02-15-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Did anyone see the previews?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

Hi Volsfan.

If the producers do some thing like that,and actually air who is the "gay one",then that is totally sick of them!!Given the falsehood of it all,if I were Jen I would feel pretty damm angry, having to choose between him,the gay, and others who are legitimate heterosexuals,since I as a woman, am only interested in men who want women (as I assume Jen is).

It would make me angry also because I invested time in getting to know this "gay" with view to a romantic relationship with him,and as a result of the deception by all involved including the "gay" I had to make a decision to eliminate potential other heterosexual batchelors who may have been more appropriate suitors to me.

02-17-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Did anyone see the previews?"
Hey consise! Did you see Boy Meets Boy or Playing It Straight? Those two shows were far worse than this! IMHO!

There is a very good chance that Fabrice could have lied his way on the show. Also, he could very well be bisexual.

Also, we have to take the contract into consideration. I am sure the contract Jen signed to be on the show covers all scenarios and this would have fallen into one of them.

Lastly, what idiot goes on national TV to find a mate? Idiots if you ask me!

02-18-05, 00:28 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Did anyone see the previews?"
Yeah I know volsfan,and thanks for your post.I have had this conversation with tribephyl,he explained it all very well to me..and I know that the tele networks have it all pretty much covered legally,but it just doesnt make it right!!

True about the 'idiot' statement you made.But I would have said some thing stronger than "idiot" in relation to all these reality Tv contestants looking for love.

I saw Playing it Straight down here and thought it was totally innappropriate given the profile of the female who was choosing. She definately didn`t want to wind up with a Gay!!

I guess its the price you pay for wanting FAME from a reality Tv show. Know what I mean volsfan?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •