The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP 2 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP 2 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
This week it is heavy on the "What we don't know" and there are some very large holes or pitfalls for us to fall into.

Let's begin at the beginning. The ten remaining teams will be starting off in Cuzco at the message box in the church courtyard 12 hours after they arrive. Since all the teams arrived between noon and 2:00PM (according to TV Guide) they will be starting off again in the dead of night starting at midnight or so. But we have no shots of them going anywhere in the dark of night.

Our first glimpse of the teams is at a bus or railroad station which looks like from the warm clothes that they are wearing that they still are in Cuzco. And it looks like everyone is together either waiting for a bus or a train. If they are travelling by bus to Lima where they will be catching a LAN plane to Santiago, Chile they have a 20 hour bus ride ahead of themselves. We do see the various teams leaving the bus somewhere and we see the bus on the road somewhere. But here is our delimma. The teams are alighting from the bus in daytime. If the bus ride is 20 hours and it is just getting light in Lima at 6:00AM, then the bus must have left Cuzco at 10:00AM. Have they been waiting around the bus station for those missing 10 hours? And it is creul beyond words to make them ride a bus for 20 hours when they can do the same distance by air in one hour.
So this is our problem. What has happened from midnight to whenever we see the teams on the buses (and there are more than one bus involved.)

So now somehow we arrive at the airport in Lima. We have direct flights leaving at 7:15AM and 8:20AM arriving in Santiago, Chile at 12:35PM and 1:40PM. This make sense since we see all of the activity in Santiago happening in the daylight. BUT we have one report that the teams went to Santiago via Buenos Aires. Yes there is a LAN flight from Lima to Santiago via BA, but it leaves at 12:05AM arriving in Santiago at 9:35AM. But our teams could only make this flight if the buses left Cuzco no later than 3:00AM.

Anyway somehow or another the teams end up in Santiago, Chile. Most likely they will have to go to some landmark such as the Neptune Fountain on Cerro Santa Lucia or take the funicular up to the statue of the Virgin Mary on top of Cerro San Cristobal. We have nothing pointing us toward the Nepture Fountain (although we have shots of it in the opening credit montage) bu we do have a few of the teams on the funicular. We have shot of Uchenna and Joyce reading something in the upper fanicular station (did they just get the clue and are deciding what to do next?) We have a shot of a very relaxed Rob in the car going up. So I suspect that this is the first landmark they have to find to get the Detour clue. That leaves the Neptune Fountain on Cerro Santa Lucia as a possible pit stop.

The DETOUR seems to be between buying stuff such as fish and veggies in the Mercado Central( Lynn and Alex) or finding the right number of books in a bookshop or document center and delivering them to the Tribunales de Justica (Ron and Kelly) (Debbie and Bianca).

The ROADBLOCK is played up BIG! Almost everyone is shown downing the distinctive blue shirts and getting a shoeshine box and setting out. We have only identified one member of each team doing this, so it must be the roadblock. One shot of Debbie shows her in the blue smock and carrying the RED Roadblock card in one hand and the box in the other. We do not know if the task is to shine "x" number of shoes, to find a particular pair, or raise a certain amount of money in order to get the last clue which will lead them to the pit stop.

I still wonder why we have the big hole at the beginning of the program. And I wonder why there is no indication of the teams making the 3 hour train trip to Machu Picchu. But perhaps this is like TAR6 where there was no advance notice of the 17 hour train ride to Xi'an and a visit to the famous Terra Cotta Warriors.

We will have to wait to see what unfolds tonight since Howard has not blessed us with his advance wisdom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •