The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An alliance of 3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An alliance of 3?"
I was just thinking as to the reason why the Survivor Finale will be "Final 3" instead of Final 4 like the last time. It's possible that maybe they just decided to drag it out to have an extra week in there--but it's also very possible that it was done for storyline purposes.

In Survivor I, it made sense to have the final episode be featured around the Final 4--the 4 members of the Tagi alliance. In Survivor II, maybe an alliance of 3 is what will prevail. The only 3 man alliance we've seen so far is Tina-Keith-Colby. Perhaps they are the Final 3...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 On that subject ... bebekid 03-21-01 1
 Preplanned AyatollahKhomeini 03-21-01 2
   RE: Preplanned Play2Survive 03-21-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-21-01, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "On that subject ..."
I would also like to know if anyone knows if the finale will be one or two hours long, and then an hour long reunion show after that? I am planning to have a few people over to watch the finale (much more fun to watch with people who care than to watch alone). Any information would be greatly appreciated!

ps - good theory, managerr, on the final 3 because of an alliance. I would have to say that would be Colby/Keith/Tina.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Preplanned"
The show was preplanned at 42 days, with the final episode the final three. I think that in S1, MB was worried about how boring it would be when there were just a few finalists left. Good thought, though.

And ... the final episode is once again scheduled for 2 hours, with a one-hour wrapup afterward -- but we don't know HOW the winner will be announced. Play2Survive told us that his "inside" information was that the votes were placed in a lockbox at the end of voting, and only MB, JP and the two finalists (plus the film editors of the final episode) have seen the results (though it appears that the jury was free to talk among itself after the show, so they probably know as well). Therefore, we probably will not have an "I need water and oxygen"-type quote at the end of E14 ... but no one knows for sure.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-01, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Preplanned"
Yes, just to recap - there are several producers of Survivor, who are assigned the task of producing specific episodes. The woman who is the producer of the final episode - meaning she has been involved in the editing - does not know the winner. So the point is simply that MB has gone to great lengths to not risk word getting out about the winner - the greatest lenght being that, unlike in S1, there is no film of the tallied votes. That will happen live aparently.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •