The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 7, Episode 2 ... TAR Fans, It's Time to Vote!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-05, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 7, Episode 2 ... TAR Fans, It's Time to Vote!"
Welcome, everyone, to another season of TAR!

The purpose of this thread is to tell us who you think will be eliminated in this week’s episode.

I'll be keeping a weekly tally to see how we all do as a team in terms of predicting the bootee. Let's do Reality TV World proud this season! Team TARsucks Spoilers, last week we missed on our consensus pick of Megan/Heidi but did come close as they were second last and our alternate pick of Ryan/Chuck did get booted. For that, I'll give us a 0-1-0-1 record (a loss with a point for alternate pick).

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootee IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: TAR 7, Episode 2 ... TAR Fans, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Freddy/Kendra. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote, so please save the nicknames for inside your post and only use their proper names in the subject header.

Please note that those who do not bother to put contestant names in the subject heading will likely not have their vote counted because it’s time-consuming to go through every post and count the vote in there.

2. If you feel there will be a Non-Elimination at the pit stop, put down "Non-Elimination" in the subject header.

3. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 3! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you want to change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Adam/Rebecca (or Whoever)".

4. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers/Speculation Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please. Feel free, though, to explain the reasoning behind your vote, predict who will finish first, get yielded, Fast Forwards, etc.

5. Have fun!

THE TEAMS:

Brian/Greg (Brothers)
Debbie/Bianca (Lifelong Friends)
Lynn/Alex (Boyfriends)
Megan/Heidi (Roommates)
Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple)
Ray/Deana (Dating On-and-Off)
Rob/Amber (Engaged)
Ron/Kelly (Dating)
Susan/Patrick (Mother/Son)
Uchenna/Joyce (Married)

ELIMINATED:
Ryan/Chuck (Best Friends) - Episode 1

Scratch and sniff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Meredith/Gretchen Flowerpower 03-07-05 1
   RE:Vote Change: Lynn/Alex Flowerpower 03-08-05 14
 Ron and Kelly Pensha26 03-07-05 2
 Meredith/Gretchen weecama 03-07-05 3
 Meredith/Gretchen wendyp 03-07-05 4
 Lynn/Alex Bebo 03-07-05 5
 Lynn/Alex ARnutz 03-07-05 6
 Megan/Heidi Scuba Steve 03-07-05 7
 Megan/Heidi dragonflies 03-07-05 8
 Meredith /Gretchen memyselfandi 03-07-05 9
 Ron/Kelly GameOver3 03-07-05 10
 Meredith/Gretchen VA Slim 03-07-05 11
 Megan/Heidi dabo 03-08-05 12
 Lynn/Alex KObrien_fan 03-08-05 13
 Lynn/Alex Loree 03-08-05 15
 Lynn/Alex callasin 03-08-05 16
 Meredith/Gretchen Jims02 03-08-05 17
 Meredith/Gretchen. Estee 03-08-05 18
 Ray/Deana banzai 03-08-05 19
 Megan/Heidi Gerbees 03-08-05 20
 Meredith/Gretchen volsfan 03-08-05 21
 Lynn/Alex strid333 03-08-05 22
 Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple) gatortod 03-08-05 23
   RE:Lynn/Alex (boyfriends) Pretty_Kitty 03-08-05 24
 Meredith/Gretchen PepeLePew13 03-08-05 25
 Lynn/Alex kary1371 03-08-05 26
 Megan/Heidi (Roommates) msbuni30 03-08-05 27
 Meredith/Gretchen moonbaby 03-08-05 28
 Vote Tally #1 IceCat 03-08-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Meredith/Gretchen"
They got lucky in ep one with leading the llamas....I think their luck will run out...."Dog-gone it!"

If it's not them I'd LOVE TO SEE the two biotches fall straight down, Debbie/Bianca.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE:Vote Change: Lynn/Alex"
Vote change here! Lynn/Alex bite the bullet. I think I did not vote for them at first as I simply did not want them to go! They are SO entertaining! But I agree, the editing, their feature in the previews, and then the eyemail.....BUMMER!

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-07-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Ron and Kelly"
I do not think that have the strength to get through the competition.

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-07-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Meredith/Gretchen"
Meredith/Gretchen , no clue just as good a guess as any . Second choice Deb n Bianca first to last.
~puddin~

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Meredith/Gretchen"
Not sure ~ want to say the barbies, but think they will latch on to the brothers for atleast one episode.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Lynn/Alex"
I'd like to be wrong (please go away, Ron & Kelly), but usually it's someone we see in the previews...especially early, when we're still trying to figure out who the hell most of these folks are anyway.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Lynn/Alex"
I don't know don't ask me why. Just a hunch.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-07-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Megan/Heidi"
No brains = no chance

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Megan/Heidi"

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Meredith /Gretchen"
back-up Megan/Heidi

GameOver3 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GameOver3 Click to send private message to GameOver3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Ron/Kelly"
Piss poor racers in Leg 1, looking for handouts from everyone to lead them, they are even dumber than Team Paris/Nicole.

Backup: Team Paris/Nicole(Megan/Heidi)

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Meredith/Gretchen"
AARP stikes again!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Megan/Heidi"

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Lynn/Alex"
Man it's too bad they won't be around to entertain us longer.

Editing is screaming that it is these two. The eye mail seals the deal.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Lynn/Alex"
They are one of the teams I actually know the names for.

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callasin Click to send private message to callasin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Lynn/Alex"
I hope I'm wrong because they are so entertaining.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Meredith/Gretchen"
...I couldn't possibly go 2 for 2 this season, could I?

1. Phil's comment in the TV Guide article makes be believe Lynn/Alex are safe for now:

"Boyfriends Lynn and Alex are one of the funniest teams we've ever had on the show," Keoghan continues. "I thoroughly enjoyed talking to them each time they came onto the mat and I think they're going to be hot favorites on the show."

I think they have to stick around 4 episodes before they could become "hot" favorites... Also, Phil probably welcomed them to the mat more than once, right?

2. Phil also hypes UTR team Uchenna/Joyce, which is interesting. They probably stick around.

3. He also mentions Ron/Kelly (because Ron was a POW) and Susan/Patrick (first mother/son team). I don't put as much stock into these quotes because they don't really imply longevity.

4. We still have SuperGrass' spoiler, saying that Megan/Heidi, Susan/Patrick, Ron/Kelly, and Uchenna/Joyce show up in Japan. It's a sketchy spoiler, especially since they were named, but it helped me nail the Ryan/Chuck boot, so I'll keep playing along.

5. We didn't get any "Meredith/Gretchen are so inspiring" kind of stuff from Phil. Usually he at least praises the token old team. Maybe they don't stick around very long?

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Meredith/Gretchen."
When in doubt, always go with Team Doomed.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Ray/Deana "
sooner or later

Gerbees 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gerbees Click to send private message to Gerbees Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Megan/Heidi"
Gerbees

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Meredith/Gretchen"

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-08-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Lynn/Alex "
I wish it were Romber, though.

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple) "
They act old

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE:Lynn/Alex (boyfriends)"
they got a lot of airtime last week and they seem to have a meltdown this week Im never right but what the heck this is just for fun right?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Meredith/Gretchen"
I'm really on the fence between Lynn/Alex and Meredith/Gretchen here. Like others have said, the editing of the preview practically screams "trouble" for Lynn/Alex ... however, like Jims said, there's the quote from Manboobs Phil where he says "I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them each time they came to the mat."

While I acknowledge that "each time" could mean the two times they came, I think it's more indicative that they make several visits to the mat before being eliminated.

And I'm hearing no peep at all about Meredith/Gretchen, so that suggests to me that they weren't long for the game -- especially since they had a whole bunch of hilarious lines in the opening episode. If they had been around longer, wouldn't Phil maybe comment something about their humour? Hrmmm.

I'm gonna go with Meredith/Gretchen as my eliminees tonight with Lynn/Alex a strong second choice.

Scratch and sniff

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Lynn/Alex"
Alternate : Meredith/Gretchen

If I could have my way ? Megan/Heidi, Team Barbie!!?!?!?!

msbuni30 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail msbuni30 Click to send private message to msbuni30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Megan/Heidi (Roommates)"
My alternates will be: Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple)

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Meredith/Gretchen "
I'll call that stumble a sign of things to come. Merry and Gretchen go back to Bag End.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Vote Tally #1"
This post 29: 27 votes, 1 vote change, 1 vote tally.

10 Meredith/Gretchen
09 Lynn/Alex
05 Megan/Heidi
02 Ron/Kelly
01 Ray/Deana
00 Rob/Amber
00 Susan/Patrick
00 Uchenna/Joyce
00 Brian/Greg
00 Debbie/Bianca
27 TOTAL

It's a toss-up between Meredith/Gretchen and Lynn/Alex.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •