The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sorry2004 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sorry2004 Click to send private message to Sorry2004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
Hello. I just wanted to inform you about an online petition I started calling for a change in American Idol's voting procedures.

Specifically, we are asking (1) that phone votes be limited to 5 per phone number; (2) that an internet voting process be implemented which would limit online votes to 1 per IP address; (3) that the two-hour voting window be increased to three hours; and (4) that official vote tallies for every contestant be released following each results show. If you think these suggestions sound fair and reasonable, please consider signing our petition.

The petition can be found here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/idol2004/petition.html

So far, over 3,500 American Idol fans have signed from all over the country as well as around the world, including Italy, England, Singapore, Canada, and Puerto Rico.

Our petition was also mentioned in this week's People magazine (May 31) in an article discussing the problems fans have encountered while trying to cast votes for their favorite contestants. We also hope to publicize the petition in other media.

With help from you, we can accomplish our goal of collecting 10,000 signatures. From there, a copy of the petition along with a letter detailing our grievances with the current voting process will be forwarded to American Idol producers, FOX, the show's sponsors, and the FCC.

Please forward this email to your friends and family and ask them to forward it to their friends! This is truly a grassroots effort! The more help we can get from you, the greater our chance for success! Thanks for your support!

Visit our website: www.idolvoting.bravehost.com

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Online Petition to Change Ameri... hotwetgirl1981 05-23-04 1
 RE: Online Petition to Change Ameri... love2smile 05-24-04 2
 RE: Online Petition to Change Ameri... Pensha26 05-24-04 3
 RE: Online Petition to Change Ameri... seahorse 05-24-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hotwetgirl1981 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hotwetgirl1981 Click to send private message to hotwetgirl1981 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-04 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I signed it, thanks for the info.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-04, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
I also signed it! Thanks for the info...

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-24-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
Count me in! I like that we should see how many votes each person gets. I do not even care if it is just the finla three or bottom two during that week. But that is entirley a different discussion.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Online Petition to Change American Idol Voting Process"
I agree that the voting system is flawed and needs to be revised, but since AT&T text messaging is a major sponsor for AI, I do not think Fox will allow online voting since it will have a huge negative impact on their #1 sponsor.

The only way they might consider online voting in my opinion is if someone like AOL or Yahoo becomes a major sponsor.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •