The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOH rehab"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOH rehab"
OMG seems so strange that Christie's telling her boyfriend he can't drink around her and then she turns around and the HM's are drinking vodka!? Since when do they drink the hard stuff? Thought it was only wine? Now that they have an addict in the group it does seem wrong that they drink in the house. Before I felt it was okay because it IS legal, and perhaps allowed the LC's to assess the person's interaction with alcohol by allowing wine. Now I'm thinking it's way inappropriate.

On a side note...who grabs someone else's drink and takes a sip...is that common, are they that close? The comment Lisa1 and 2 made while sneaking a drink made me think they are feeling guilty and KNOW they should choose NOT to drink around Christie. It is highly recommended that a recovering addict's friends/family abstain from alchohol to aide in their loved one's recovery. The SOH should expect this from the HG's otherwise they are NOT providing the appropriate therapeutic atmosphere for Christie.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOH rehab Sunshine_709 02-04-06 1
   RE: SOH rehab lovemydogdude 02-04-06 2
 Locking - duplicate & wrong forum mysticwolf 02-04-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunshine_709 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-04-06, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunshine_709 Click to send private message to Sunshine_709 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOH rehab"
I think that is a good idea that christy to ask her boyfriend not to drink around her. I think the reason that Christy hasn't ask the housemates to drink around her is because she feels more safe in the SO house. She also has her housemates along with the LC for support when ever she feels like she's going to go off the end. Once she leaves the house, stoping tempation is going to be a lot harder and having her b/f there to support her and not to drink I think will help her.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-06, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOH rehab"
I agree with your concept but with further thinking it just seems wrong that she should be placed in this type of environment. Although in real life she might find herself exposed to other's alcohol use..she can then choose whether she wants to continue associating with that person/situation...at the SOH she has no choice!

I suppose one could argue that SHE was the one that chose to go on this show KNOWING that it was NO rehab center,..she might have even known they drank the hard stuff (vodka I had no idea!) Yes even now at the SOH she has a choice whether to continue placing herself in that scenario. I just think it's sad that Christie is subjected to this sort of support group...but I guess she asked for it!?

On previous posts I have expressed my opinion re: alcohol use in the house,..I think it provides the opportunity for the LC's and HM's to assess each woman's interaction with alcohol, and to expose any problems they might have. (heck I'd probably want to partake myself if I were there) I also think it provides for drama (ratings) and a less controlled environment which would not foster healing.
JMO

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Locking - duplicate & wrong forum"
There is a major discussion about Christie's addictions going on in the IH forum. After reading these posts it seems that they would better further that discussion. Feel free to repost there.

Sigs by Bob, entirely accurate renditions of nature

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •