The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Here we are in Istanbul. As Ron so helpfully pointed out, it’s not Constantinople. And really, that’s nobody’s business but the Turks’.

So, Ron and Kelly - gimme all your stuff! Bwahahaha! Hoo boy, that was fun. Ron, you had a tough leg, what with your Ugly Queen and all. Take your half of the $20,000 gift certificate and run, dude. Or hell, give her the whole thing if that’s what it takes. You don’t need to be coy, Ron, just listen to me. Incidentally, we had planned for Rob and Amber to find the plane gnome. I’m going to have to give Kelly a black eye now, like I did to Deana when they got the cars by mistake.

Oh, and I know you think it’s a reward to be in the high-class hotel, but see, this way no-one will be able to give you a bag of clothes or anything. How long until there’s a “How Bad Do Ron and Kelly Smell” thread?

We hung the keys up on the wall. Who knew they’d be so hard to find there? We editted out a lot of Gretchen wandering around asking the air what to do. She’d looked everywhere. Actually, that rope ladder wasn’t easy, and Gretchen not only managed it, she didn’t lose too much time to R/A and R/K. So, good job to her.

Uchenna and Joyce are first again. And no prize again. You guys did really well: no misread maps, no bad choice of flights. It’s about time, really. And the irony of getting the good flight because Rob tried to screw you up must be really sweet.

Anyone can post as Meredith or another non-character, like Sanjay.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 MissMyth 04-27-05 1
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 LibraRising 04-27-05 3
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 MissMyth 04-27-05 6
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 LibraRising 04-27-05 11
               RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 MissMyth 04-27-05 17
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 cahaya 04-27-05 7
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 kvasir 05-01-05 31
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 MissMyth 04-27-05 2
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 LibraRising 04-27-05 4
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 seahorse 04-27-05 13
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 kvasir 05-01-05 29
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 mikey 04-27-05 5
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 cahaya 04-27-05 8
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 Seana 04-27-05 16
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 Cygnus X1 04-27-05 18
           Keep it in Bashers Bebo 04-27-05 21
               RE: Keep it in Bashers Cygnus X1 04-27-05 22
                   RE: Keep it in Bashers cahaya 04-28-05 24
                       RE: Keep it in Bashers Cygnus X1 04-28-05 25
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 Cygnus X1 04-27-05 9
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 seahorse 04-27-05 14
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 cahaya 04-27-05 19
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 baroque 04-27-05 20
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 kvasir 05-01-05 32
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 dragonflies 04-27-05 10
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 cahaya 04-27-05 15
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 Cygnus X1 04-27-05 12
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 CwazyWabbit 04-28-05 23
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 seahorse 04-28-05 26
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 CwazyWabbit 04-29-05 27
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 cahaya 04-29-05 28
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10 kvasir 05-01-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Now see, from last week's preview ya'll thought I was gonna be mean to poor Ronny with that whole "being a POW got you out of your commitment" thingy. You didn't realize that's just more of our way of joking with each other. You know, like I call him "red-neck trash" and he calls me "fakeboob Barbie" and I say he got captured to get out of the army, and he says I never won a pageant that I didn't sleep with the judge.

You saw that he said he wasn't mad at me when I told him I wasn't mad at him. And you saw what a big help I was at the column challenge. I'd like to see Kendra or Hayden stay that calm and supportive.

ummm, Ron, what are you doing with that pen and my photo? Ron? Gimme that pen you piece of .....!!!!!!!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Hey, Kelly. You called my hubby a leech?

What's that saying about blood-sucking worms living in glass houses?

I'll take your prize when you're not looking.

04-27-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
There you go again, misinterpreting my playful little comments. I meant leech in the nicest way possible. You know how it was believed that leeches sucked the bad blood out of people? Well, I just meant that Uchenna takes all the bad away and leaves only good feelings behind.

JeezLouise, do I have to explain every single thing I say?

04-27-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Understood. And keep in mind, if I were to call you a b!tch, I just mean you remind me of the sweet little puppy dog I had a few years back.

For your Travelocity trip: Might I suggest Libya?

04-27-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
ROFLMAO!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Never mind her honey, she's as spineless as her favorite word.

kvasir 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-05, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kvasir Click to send private message to kvasir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
oh boy... for god's sake... oh my lord....

speaking of leech.... we're just leeching along... thanks for getting us on an early flight! You guys are real troopers! And me climbing up that ladder wasn't that shabby either.

04-27-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

And FYI? Beauty queens don't smell. We never sweat either. We glow.

04-27-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
OK. Who's running this game? Adria from Big Brother 5? So far, the only winning teams not to get a prize are the black team and the gay team. I'm going to get Marvin and Will in here to straighten you out.

Oh, and thanks for the flight tip, Rob! I didn't know you were so willing to share information. But why in the world didn't you get on the flight you were telling us about?

I hope the maid in Ron/Kelly's five-star hotel room steals their remaining clothes while they sleep.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Well at least this proves that the conspiracy theory that CBS was trying to give all the prizes to us is not valid.

They had to make sure we didn't get this one prize so we can win prizes for the next few legs and ultimately the million dollars.

05-01-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kvasir Click to send private message to kvasir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
well well who was the only one who found the key right away on the tower huh?? Ooo right there in front of you as soon as you emerged from the stairwell. It's like you knew where to reach for.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Go Yankees!

-- President, Union of Indian Travel Agents

04-27-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Hi, Seana,

Do you think we could move this thread 'Be the Amazing Racer' (BtAR) to the Fanatics forum next season? From all the postings I've read by the BtAR participants, we all love the show, but we like to roleplay participants bashing each other (which they do for real!)

cahaya

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Hi, cahaya!

You really deserve a better answer than "It's always been in Bashers, so it will always be in Bashers" or "Well, it's in Bashers for Survivor". Those are really sucky answers, so it's too bad that's all I've got.

I'm relatively new here, and this is my first hosting gig. There is no doubt a good reason besides tradition that this game gets posted in Bashers, but I don't know it.

If it makes you feel any better, it seems to me that Bashers and Fanatics are both populated by people who love the show. It's silly to watch a show you hate every week, just so you can have things to hate about it. (Does anyone do that?) I personally think that Bashers is best because you can be as nasty as you wanna be, so long as you direct your ire at the game and the contestants.

Hope that helps.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
I've asked the Blue Peeps for a better answer. Let's see what they say.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Keep it in Bashers"
Given the amount of contestant mocking that typically takes place in these "Be the..." threads, it seems more fitting to leave them in Bashers.

04-27-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Keep it in Bashers"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-05 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Thanks, Bebo!

Cahaya, I reckon there'd be nothing wrong with a very short cross-post in Fanatics directing folks to the appropriate thread in Bashers which would tell them how they could play. Methinks more newbies hang out in Fanatics than Bashers at first, or think they have no business being in Bashers, although I could be wrong.

ETA missing word

04-28-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Keep it in Bashers"
Ok, thanks everybody for your comments about the BtAR being in Bashers or Fanatics. We'll go along with Bebo's recommendation.

I actually love the show, and as it turns out, during the course of the episodes I've grown to love the Uchenna/Joyce team.

While I'm something of a newbie in postings here, I've been lurking for more than a season just to get the feel of the boards.

A final thought here... I realize that it's possible that someday, the very person (Uchenna) that I'm roleplaying in BtAR may actually read some of these postings, so I feel that I should roleplay him responsibly with some degree of respect in line with his personal character.

Thanks again, y'all!

04-28-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Keep it in Bashers"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-05 AT 01:30 AM (EST)

I don't think you need to worry about it too much.

Folks from Romber to U/J are the ones who decided, for better or worse, to go through the process of putting themselves on (inter-)national television for everyone to see. That makes them fair game. And that's one of the fundamental philosophies of this site, as I have learned.

I always thought Kris and Jon would be among those laughing the loudest at Landru's summary of last season's finale, and they were well skewered by him. I would hope any contestants who see these "Be the..." threads would have similar senses of humor.

Edited so as not to offend our non-American peeps.

04-27-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
From Deepinaharta, Sequesterville:

Aw, man. I bet Rob and Amberexia are so kicking the others' butts when it comes to airline reservations right now.

And where are we when they need us?

04-27-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Since U/J and M/G are the blind leading the blind, we had to give them a break and a short lived lead. We'll be kicking but again shortly.

04-27-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Pssst, Rob! We hear the next leg goes to Boston. You'd better book the only other 1st flight ticket now and get on the plane!

baroque 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail baroque Click to send private message to baroque Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Not to split hairs, but I think our most literate Rob said "the blinds leading the blinds"

05-01-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-05 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

ah.... god forbids... the one who doesn't know what "gnome" means either.

Thank god Jerome the Gnome guided us the way, even though i completely looked useless on the ladder.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Hey Gretchen, Hey Gretchen, over here hunny. Over here!

key

04-27-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
We're weigh over here, Gretchen!

-- scale

04-27-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
*ahem*

None . . . shall pass.

(let me try that again)

NONE! shall pass!

Oops . . . here they come. Good thing I just saw Spamalot.

--Fortress gatekeeper

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
*blink blink* ..I'm here this week...*blink blink*...I did something...*blink blink"...I know I did...*blink blink*...I followed Rob..."blink blink"...I stated the obvious..."blink blink"...I...I.... oh, wow, flying toasters...

Next week, I'll show you I can do something...I know I will...oops, maybe not...

04-28-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
You go girl.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Right behind you, Babe...as always!

04-29-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
Not to mention right behind us, too! And that's da way it'll be the rest of the race, hon'.

05-01-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7.10"
speaking of which..... look who's blind leading the blind now? Ooo the one who got on the later flight!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •