The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season history vs. an evenings performance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-23-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season history vs. an evenings performance"
If/when you vote, what is your criteria - who had the best performance of the show, or do you stick with your favorite even if they had a bad night?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... callalilly3000 05-23-04 1
   RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... AsianOK 05-24-04 6
   RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... rjrabbit 05-24-04 7
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... shedevil 05-23-04 2
   RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... applesugar 05-23-04 3
       RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... shedevil 05-23-04 4
 I varied anotherkim 05-23-04 5
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... JOSHIDOL 05-24-04 8
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... MTW1961 05-24-04 9
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... Monicanada 05-24-04 10
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... seahorse 05-24-04 11
 RE: Season history vs. an evenings ... strid333 05-24-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-23-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
This season I only voted once. It was for Jennifer, and it was strictly based on her performance. I do not have a favorite this season, and no one, other than Jennifer moved me enough to vote.

However, last season I was a HUGE fan of Clay Aiken's. I voted for him every week, good or not so good (to me, Clay never had a BAD week). I found myself voting for him more, when Simon would say not so nice things about him, because I really wanted him to win. I would say, that when Simon was negative, I would vote double my usual amount. One night, (and boy this was really juvenille of me) I voted for him over fifty times, for two hours straight, because Simon had said that "His performance was terrible". It was the night he sang "Grease" and he tried his hand at dancing.

So, I would say that the answer to your question is:

I vote for my favorite, when I have one, and I vote on performance when I don't.

AsianOK 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AsianOK Click to send private message to AsianOK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
out of 100%, only 60% goes to the final night, 40% goes to their past 11 performances. that's fair, isn't it?

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-24-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
I agree callalilly, I vote for my favorite, when I have one, and I vote on performance when I don't.

The first season, I only voted for Justin and Kelly. I liked Tamyra too but can't remember placing a vote for her. I'm still a big Justin fan. I've purchased both Kelly and Justin's CDs.

Last season I only voted for Clay. My husband was a big Ruben fan and I am a big Clay fan. My DH never voted but I did every week. I couldn't get through during the finals and was ticked off I couldn't get even one vote through. I made my vote heard when I purchased Clay's single and CD.

This season I've voted for Fantasia, Latoya, Jennifer, Diana (disco week cause I thought she had the best performance), and Matt Rogers (cause we went to the UW and I was at that Rose Bowl). So for Fantasia, LaToya, and Jennifer my votes were based on their overall performance and Diana and Matt were for either a single performance or other reasons.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-04 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

I voted for who was the best that night, when I say the best, I mean they were awesome, not they were the only one who didn't suck. I quit voting when Jennifer left because I just stopped caring. I figured that if someone as great as Jennifer was going to get booted after such a great performance then why bother voting.

Welcome aboard.

applesugar 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applesugar Click to send private message to applesugar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
I vote for my favorite which was Jenn even if she would have had a bad night. (which she didn't) Now it's up in the air for me.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-23-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
I'm with you applesugar, I don't think Jenn had a bad night either.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I varied"
I voted for who I thought had a good night or who I thought might be unjustly in trouble. This season I can remember voting for Diana, LaToya, Jasmine (I must have been drunk ) and JPL. I tried to vote for Diana last week, but never got through (which was a first for me. I've usually been able to case numerous votes).

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--may have also voted for Jennifer. No memory of it, but it was possible.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
I voted for Jennifer and I voted for George. When Jennifer left I voted for George and I gave Fantasia a few votes.
The week George left on Big Band night I tried for 2 hours to vote and the line stayed busy and he went home.
So now I quit voting for everyone, I am not saying it is rigged but somehow or another it seems to me that somebody, somewhere can do something to those phone lines and you can't get through.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-24-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
When I vote, I vote often for my favorites, as long as they are performing decently. I also spread a few votes to others who performed really well that night.

Mostly, my votes are based on what they've done the entire run of the show - not just that night.

Usually, I'm unable to vote because I TiVo the show, then watch it after it ends. By the time I finish watching, it's often too late to call in and vote.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-04, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
During the regular season, I would vote for whomever sang the best on that night, but when it comes to the finale, I would vote based on all past performances.

JSlice Originals, 2004
That's what I did for CI.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
I think that after a whole season, most viewers have made their minds up as to who they like and will vote for their favorite for the year not who sang the best that night.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-24-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season history vs. an evenings performance"
Keeping in mind, I voted for Canadian Idol, I did a bit of everything. I voted for some people consistently (like Ryan Malcolm and Billy Klippert). Others wowed me and convinced me to vote (Toya Alexus). And then there were others who did a horrible mistake and I never, ever voted for them, even if the following week was a lot better (Gary Beals).

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •