The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Starting from October 10th:

Game #1: Christopher Meloni, Matthew Perry, Stephen Root, Sarah Silverman, Michael Vartan.

Actors week with a small dose of 'Who?' and Perry to carry the ratings. Maybe he'll be able to buy himself the nerve to actually go in on a few more hands.

The call: Sarah Silverman. Why not?

Game #2: Bobby Cannavale, Tony Hawk, Cheryl Hines, Dennis Rodman, Ryan Stiles.

Should be a funny table, after everyone manages to finish translating from Dennis to 'Raise', 'Fold', and 'Call'. I'm figuring on Hawk to be the king of going into the flop holding nada and hoping to get lucky.

The call: Dennis Rodman. Hey, he figured out the Mole.

Game #3: Macaulay Culkin, Neil Flynn, Sara Gilbert, Ricki Lake, Kevin Nealon.

Oh, dear. Clear the schedule, cancel the Broadway tickets, and dip the phone in acid. Nothing is going to match the fun of seeing Macaulay trying to play poker. Look at this picture:

Go ahead. Tell me he knows what cards he's supposed to be playing. In fact, tell me he knows where he is.

And if Ricki Lake goes out first -- heaven.

The call: Neil Flynn. No one's beaten the Janitor yet.

Game #4: Chevy Chase, Donny Deutsch, Shannon Elizabeth, Kathy Griffin, Neil Patrick Harris.

The most annoying table of the tournament. (Kathy Griffin is there? Then it's the most annoying table of the tournament.) There probably won't be a lot of laughs in this group, although I can easily believe a lot of attempts to dive across the table and strangle the person in the fourth chair.

The call: Chevy Chase. It may be a pity win. The last few years have been very hard for him and the other players may just decide to give him some kind of boost.

Game #5: Angela Basset, Jeff Garlin, Dave Navarro, Mekhi Phifer, Emily Procter.

Looks like a steady, low-nonsense-factor table, or will be once Garlin goes out early. It doesn't feel like there's a ton of poker experience here, though -- go ahead, tell me you see Angela Basset as an experienced player -- so just because somone has to repeat:

The call: Dave Navarro. He's got the skills, and if he gets the cards to go with them, it's over.

And the champion: Neil Flynn.

I'm very probably wrong.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... blacknwhitedog 09-27-04 1
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Estee 09-27-04 2
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Mr Canuck 09-28-04 3
           RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... tvgeek401 09-29-04 4
 Bump bebekid 10-10-04 5
 Wow Fishercat 10-10-04 6
   RE: Wow dabo 10-11-04 7
       RE: Wow bebekid 10-11-04 8
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... toddE 10-11-04 9
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... dabo 10-18-04 10
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Estee 10-18-04 11
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... ginger 10-18-04 12
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Bebo 10-19-04 13
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Estee 10-19-04 14
           RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Bebo 10-19-04 15
       reruns dabo 10-19-04 16
           RE: reruns ginger 10-19-04 17
               RE: reruns dabo 10-19-04 18
                   RE: reruns ginger 10-20-04 19
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Fishercat 10-24-04 20
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... dabo 10-25-04 21
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... ginger 10-25-04 22
           RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Seaso... Estee 10-31-04 23
 Week 4: Parental eye-covering sugg... Estee 11-01-04 24
   RE: Week 4: Parental eye-covering ... Fishercat 11-01-04 25
       RE: Week 4: Parental eye-covering ... Estee 11-01-04 26
 Well, Estee Devious Weasel 11-08-04 27
   I feel just like Estee 11-08-04 28
 Championship Tonight! bebekid 11-14-04 29
   RE: Championship Tonight! Estee 11-15-04 30
       RE: Championship Tonight! bebekid 11-15-04 31
           RE: Championship Tonight! dabo 11-15-04 32
               RE: Championship Tonight! ginger 11-16-04 33
           RE: Championship Tonight! Devious Weasel 11-16-04 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Thanks for the preview! I enjoyed Dave Navarro alot last season. Dennis Rodman and Ryan Stiles should be entertaining.

is it on Sundays now?

09-27-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Yep, Sundays. Still two hours, I think, and if they stick to the usual format, still repeated about five times during the week before the next episode.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-28-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Which Channel?

Game show Network?

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-29-04, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Bravo

As in the network, not congrats on being right...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bump"
Game One tonight! I'll be rooting for Matthew, Sarah, and Steven. I dunno the other 2 guys. Hope it's entertaining!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-04, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Wow"
Matthew Perry kicked everyone's butt, showing massive guts and ability in taking everyone out.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wow"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-04 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

Wow indeed. Matthew Perry played excellently tonight, he even used his comedy training from "Friends" to divert the other players. A vastly improvemed performance over his much-too-tight play in his first outing, he's got to be the odds-on favorite to take the gold chip this season (unless the cards just totally turn James Woods on him). Great game to kick off the new season.

SMILES ARE FREE

10-11-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wow"
Agree. I was pulling for Matthew. I felt he deserved it the most. Very entertaining game. Glad I taped it!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Spoiler Alert!

I saw Kathy Griffin's act a couple weeks ago and she talked about Celebrity Poker, and while she mostly talked about what an incredible a-hole Chevy Chase is (no surprise, and I mean NO surprise there) I can tell you the two finalists are Shannon Elizabeth and my look-alike, NPH.

10-18-04, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Dennis Rodman played a most aggressive game and it paid off. Really was something to see. Phil (I think) said it best, Dennis knows no fear. Another good game, the final two were the best two players at the table.

10-18-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
I missed it due to falling asleep at eight p.m with absolutly no hope for an extension, reprive, or waking up for the next ten hours. (Censored) work schedule...

You mean I actually called one in advance? There goes my perfect record.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Rodman was great. One of the best players I've seen on this show. Plus, he was quiet and far less annoying than, say, Penn (or was it Teller?)...he also looked about five times bigger than the other guys at the table.

I only tuned in at the very end; who was the penultimate player (Bobby)? What's he from?

The Hills Have IceCat.

Down here...we all...FLOAT.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
I hate not being able to watch this! First my eye candy Matthew Perry beats my future affair Michael Vartan, and then I miss the supremely cool Dennis Rodman winning. Anyone who watched the atrocity known as Celebrity Mole: Yucatan knows why I am a Rodman fan - he was the highlight of that debacle.

And Bobby Canavale? Used to be on Third Watch.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

10-19-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Anyone who watched the atrocity known as Celebrity Mole: Yucatan knows why I am a Rodman fan

Some of us had to summarize the atrocity that was Celebrity Mole: Yucatan. Twice. I can still see Mr. Danger's costume, usually after waking up at three in the morning with the last echoes of the scream dying away.

I wish we had different table arrangements. I would have paid to see Dennis knock Kathy Griffin out.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Some people can handle the challenge of summarizing dreck, Estee. You just have to accept your greatness and realize that you have a gift for finding gems among the muck.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

10-19-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
16. "reruns"
Check your TV schedule, mine shows five reruns of game 2 this week including one on Sunday afternoon. I used a keyword search on poker. Hey, guess what, there's something called the Strip Poker Invitational! Carmen Electra hosts! Too bad I don't get that channel.

SMILES ARE FREE

10-19-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: reruns"
Bet you'd be even more disappointed if Carmen actually participated, rather than hosting.

And who could blame you?

The Hills Have IceCat.

10-19-04, 07:56 PM (EST)
18. "RE: reruns"
Each episode had the same write-up: Six women compete for a $50,000 prize, hosted by Carmen Electra. It would probably be better if it were an Open instead of an Invitational.

SMILES ARE FREE

10-20-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: reruns"
Imagine the Loving Cup.

The Hills Have IceCat.

10-24-04, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
I saw three minutes of the show, and I saw Kevin Nealon pull the ultimate suckout on Ricki Lake, he pulled one of three outs in the deck on the river to kill her on a 36k pot. Insane.
---

10-25-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Ack, I missed it! Oh, well, it should be on another 7 or 8 times this week.

Please tell me the Home Alone kid didn't win, someone please.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

10-25-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Hey, I LIKE Mac. He came back from childhood ubersuccess to make really weird Indy films. And while he didn't win, he had an amazing "river" moment, as did Kevin N. The Golden Chip match is shaping up nicely.

The Hills Have IceCat.

10-31-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown, Season 4: The Table Lineups."
Finally got to see it last night. Apparently the entire audience had a collective date with Mac after the show. There's love for the players and there's outright obsession: that 'Awww...' on every single fold started to slowly drive me sane around the third repetition, and nearly had me filing for an accountant correspondence course by the time he finally reached Loser's Lounge. The only thing that saved me was my constantly increasing desire to pull Kevin Nealon's head into the felt by the dangling front hairs, and yes, I do mean the ones on his scalp, thank you much. Least funny comedian ever on the show, and yes, I'm including Kathy Screechhawk, thank you much again. Ye gawds. Neal Flynn was funnier. The tournament manager was funnier. Phil was actually funnier, and don't think that isn't a major accomplishment on his part. He's loosened up so much, he may go for Foley's throat any day now.

So this is where all my frustrated Survivor rant energy went.

11-01-04, 07:49 AM (EST)
24. "Week 4: Parental eye-covering suggested."
Note to Kathy Griffin: do not try to seduce someone in front of a couple of million people ever again. Do you have any idea of the fallout? Straight men turned gay last night. Gay females went straight. A few people just tossed all desire of any kind out the window, screamed 'An asexual's life for me!', and turned off their televisions forever just in case you came across the screen again someday. And since this thing gets repeated about six times during a normal week, they've got a point there. If you tried to pull a Silverman by lying across the table to have the river splashed across your rear, we were going to have six thousand ritual disembowelings, and the only clue left for the detectives would be a West Wing marathon, currently in progress.

Other notes from last night:

1. The harpy went first! The harpy went first! (And yes, that's an insult to decent harpies everywhere. Sorry.) So what was she endlessly complaining about with the other four, exactly?

2. Now, if I'd just seen a set of aces on the flop, I would have done everything I could to convince the other people I'd had the fourth ace all along. And I actually thought everyone at the table would have done that. Bluff, re-bluff, re-re-bluff...

3. We finally see four of a kind, and what's the result? Split pot. Figures. At least we can't have two people with identical straight flushes.

4. Welcome to a special 'Ignore Phil' night on CPS. Remember, whatever he says, go against it.

5. This is shaping up to be a very weird final table...

11-01-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Week 4: Parental eye-covering suggested."
Kathy Griffin made me lose 10 years of extra fertility. At this rate, I watch the show two more time, I have to adopt.

And on the notes
1. Kathy Griffin, well, the less air time the better...at least she's not that actress from the Nanny.

2. Hell, if I had a King, I'd be all in at that point. You can't guess that anyone had the 4th ace, so a King is the next best thing

3. Actually, we can, if the community cards come that way, but that's pretty bloody unlikely (granted, so is a 4 of a kind the same way.

4. What did Phil do? I likely missed his miscue, but he's still by far the best poker player available in the studio (at least better than certain celebrities)

5. Dennis Rodman makes a final table fun.
---

11-01-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Week 4: Parental eye-covering suggested."
3. Actually, we can, if the community cards come that way, but that's pretty bloody unlikely (granted, so is a 4 of a kind the same way.

Eep. You're right. And I've seen natural straight flushes, although not in Texas Hold-'Em. I was thinking of the hole cards providing the variation.

The game almost demands new hands. Four of a kind plus a pair... what would a good name for that be?

4. What did Phil do? I likely missed his miscue, but he's still by far the best poker player available in the studio (at least better than certain celebrities)

Just little bits the whole night where he'd advise one thing and the players would do another. Don't go for the inside straight draw -- don't overbet the pot -- don't call -- don't raise -- don't fold (and this was the Night Of A Thousand Folds -- Shannon tossed pocket 6s at one point) -- don't act like an idiot...

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Well, Estee"
You got one of five. But who would have ever thought Mekhi Phifer would win? Certainly not I.

11-08-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
28. "I feel just like"
Dave 'Kiss Of Death' Foley. I pick 'em, they go down in flames. Why does anyone even try to predict poker? It's like calling off the reels on a slot machine before they stop.

11-14-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
29. "Championship Tonight!"
Should be another great final game! I will be rooting for Matthew Perry to win. He's my sentimental fave.

11-15-04, 07:23 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Championship Tonight!"
'Can't anybody here play this game?'

Migawd, that was painful to watch. Bet on this. Fold that. Throw all rationality into the center of the pot and watch the casino claim it for a side pot -- to be split among the employees, 'cause the celebs sure never saw it again.

Was there a hand Dennis Rodman wouldn't play? Yes. There was one. Was there a hand Dennis wouldn't walk out on? Sadly, there were lots. His initial stroll away from the table went from tragedy to farce to 'if we all make faces, maybe he'll leave again and stop throwing his chips', which I was starting to find annoying, let alone the poor dealer who had to count them before they landed. I was glad he went out first. Even earlier would have been okay.

And then we have Matthew Perry, who simply lost his mind. Who would want a better hand post-flop than a pair of 2s? Not Matthew. Matthew was prepared to defend that hand to the death, and did. Not that it matters very much for his charity, since Matthew can also match the winning share out of the Unnamed Sponsor Prize Pool out of his daily interest earnings, but watching a man who's willing to die for his deuces isn't an experience I'd want to repeat. He learned a lot since his first appearance and he forgot it all in one flop. Feh.

Kevin Nealon. Well, Kevin was sort of funny, in that 'I am going to find a joke that makes these people laugh if I have to kill everyone in the room while I do it' way. And while his asking about every single person who'd ever appeared on, worked or, or watched Friends got old in the middle of his first attempt, the paper bag scene was good for a giggle. (I'm glad the sequence topped out there, because I thought the next stage was to openly snort cocaine off the felt.) And why are we talking about Kevin's comedy? Can you remember him getting any really interesting hands? Right.

Neil Patrick Harris. Well, he imitates himself really well. He made a start on mastering the art of the overly obvious tell. (The lasting memory from all four seasons of the series: 'This is my tell: 'Hark, I have crap!'') He actually won a few pots. He can't possibly beat up Dennis in five minutes, although if you tied Dennis to a chair and gave him five hours, he might be able to make some kind of start. He folded on some weird hands and forced some others to their illogical conclusion. And at no point did he yell 'You people are insane!' and leave the room, which is a strike against him. By the way, is there some reason he still needs to go by all three names? Is there another, more active Neil Harris that I'm not aware of?

Mekhi. What can we possibly say about or to Mekhi? How about 'Show me your contract with Landru,' is that a good start? Pocket kings, more pocket kings, pocket this, pocket that, pocket everyone else's chips... We had Evil Willie, and now we have been granted Malice Mekhi. He must have just upgraded his cell phone minutes, because the man couldn't do anything but call. Limp and lure, that's the Mekhi way. Make your opponent feel you've got almost nothing, watch him follow you, and then wave your pocket contract in his face. Hark, he has the anti-crap, and now he has the gold chip.

Bring on Season Five, please. As soon as possible, to wipe away the memory of this horror show. Just don't bring back any of these players. Ever.

I never thought I'd say this, but -- if only Ricki had won that table...

11-15-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Championship Tonight!"
Great summary, Estee! Lvoe your commentary.

Dennis Rodman is pathetic. SUCH a poor sport. I hope the producers have learned to NEVER ask him back. I'm sure Robert Thompson never wants to lay eyes on him again. He ruined the game with his stunt. Sad.

I was disappointed in Matthew Perry's performance. But Mekhi could NOT be scared away from any hand.

And I have a theory: We know they tape these games over 2 or 3 days at the hotel/casino. The last 3 seasons the winner of the final qualifying game has gone on to win the championship. Maybe they are riding high from their win, or they had just "practiced". Or maybe it is just a coincidence.

11-15-04, 08:22 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Championship Tonight!"
I couldn't believe what a downhill slide the season took after the first two games.

11-16-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Championship Tonight!"
How weird was the "I Married Carmen Elektra" reunion at the Losers' Lounge (Dave Navarro kissing Dennis on the cheek, etc.)?

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY boring finale.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Championship Tonight!"
It makes sense that if you're on a roll, you might stay on that roll.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •