The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 7 set in India"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 7 set in India"
CBS is running what looks to me like a new promo for this week's episode during the NFL games this afternoon... in huge letters it says this week's episode is in INDIA.

It also talks something about the crowds of people being too much for the teams or something and also shows Karyn screaming at some local resident that "YOU LIED TO ME!" (damn ugly Americans.)

...anyways, it looks like the Festers and Frank/Margerita are safe for yet another week -- I'm more convinced than every that Lenny/Karyn are now saying goodbye this week.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 7 set in India supershirll 10-21-01 1
 RE: Ep 7 set in India ReiseKaiser 10-21-01 2
   RE: Ep 7 set in India Loree 10-21-01 3
   RE: Ep 7 set in India SurvivorBlows 10-22-01 4
       RE: Ep 7 set in India TeamJoisey 10-22-01 5
       RE: Ep 7 set in India ReiseKaiser 10-22-01 6
           South America AyaK 10-22-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-21-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail supershirll Click to send private message to supershirll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
Well, if we keep guessing that Lenny and Karyn are gone, at some point we will be right!

ReiseKaiser 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-21-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReiseKaiser Click to send private message to ReiseKaiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
Any chance that Bert and Ernie lived in New Delhi for two years and learned to speak Hindi?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-01, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
I'm sure they will tell us they have travelled there extensively or something. They just love to sound like brilliant globe trotters. Too bad they come off as arrogant idiots instead.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-01 AT 01:46 AM (EST)

Funny RK!

After thinking about a world map in my head, I'm now figuring that the "Frank in the icy water" scene is likely from Alaska or northern Canada.

Given that they are now off to India, I'd expect the next stops to be maybe China, Hong Kong, a few places in Southeast Asia, then maybe the Phillippines or Australia, then either Korea or Japan, and then across the ocean back to Alaska -- probably then coming through Canada into the American heartland and back to NYC. Maybe Quebec too -- you can never have enough footage of American's struggling with a foreign language Mexico or Central America seem to be long shots.

...I don't see them coming back into the USA via California, etc. -- the US West Coast just doesn't seen exotic enough for this show. And unless they jump way north to Siberia or the like, another snowy area doesn't seem too likely.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-22-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
I agree with the Alaska/Canada idea, and the notion that the US isn't exotic enough for US audiences. I'm thinking that they trek through India, somewhere into Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong or Korea, and the south Pacific islands. That's where you'll get Kevin and Drew snorkling from an outrigger canoe, as shown in the previews.

My only fear is that the final checkpoint is atop the World Trade Center.

ReiseKaiser 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-22-01, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReiseKaiser Click to send private message to ReiseKaiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 7 set in India"
Agree with the locale speculations. The dogsledding can only be from Alaska, I mean, the show has tried very hard to provide challenges which are stereotypical of the locales. So dog sledding in Alaska is a pretty safe bet (read: Iditarod). As far as the snorkelling scene, at first I thought Australia, but the big rock in the back makes me think it's more SE Asia.

I would not eliminate South America yet. Remember how the teams were made to fly from South Africa to Paris? They could always be made to fly from, say, Tokyo to Buenos Aires.

The best bets for future locales is definitely: 1) Exotic, 2) Trouble free and 3) Not english speaking. Therefore, I don't see them going to Australia/New Zealand, more likely they will go to Russia, China, SE Asia, South America (suggestion for a challenge: drinking contest at the Copacabana - Kevin and Drew would ace that one!)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "South America"
I wouldn't be surprised by a jaunt to South America that ends up in either Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires (probably not Rio because of the risk of crime -- but you never know!) or maybe even Santiago. A special bonus: the South American airports all charge travel taxes that must be paid at the check-in window in cash, and Brazil requires that ONLY Brazilian currency be used ... which could throw a team for a loop if it had to wait for a money-exchanging place to open. Also, South American airline flights are, to put it politely, dependably irregular.

As I said in another thread, the political instability in Southeast Asia makes it unlikely that too much time will be spent there. Since this filming took place during winter, Siberia also appears to be out of the question ... but northern Japan can be just as frigid as Alaska during the winter.

I believe that the U.S. and Canada will be bypassed to the maximum extent possible in the final stages of TAR. We've already seen Cannonball Run; why duplicate it?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •