The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Great advice moron"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-27-05, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Great advice moron"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 08:36 AM (EST)

Good job Rob by suggesting that there was an earlier flight you actually convinced u/j and m/g to do something that wound up putting you behind two hours. You then proceed to ignore the fact that Ron/Kelly heard about an earlier flight from u/j pretty much ensuring that you would finish no better in third. Well Rob keep up the great work.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More evidence of the CBS Romber con... Estee 04-27-05 1
   RE: More evidence of the CBS Romber... okaychatt 04-27-05 11
 RE: Great advice moron Urban_Kitten 04-27-05 2
 This move really surprised me Da Baby 04-27-05 3
 I, for one, Esbea 04-27-05 4
 RE: Great advice moron Seana 04-27-05 5
   RE: Great advice moron Da Baby 04-27-05 6
       RE: Great advice moron KLinDC 04-27-05 8
   RE: Great advice moron cahaya 04-27-05 19
 RE: Great advice moron Cleveland Guy 04-27-05 7
   RE: Great advice moron Tahj 04-27-05 9
   RE: Great advice moron CantStandToLook 04-27-05 10
   RE: Great advice moron okaychatt 04-27-05 12
       RE: Great advice moron ginger 04-27-05 13
           Agree Breezy 04-27-05 14
 RE: Great advice moron BriarRosie 04-27-05 15
 RE: Great advice moron iatovttotx78 04-27-05 16
 RE: Great advice moron zipperhead 04-27-05 17
   RE: Great advice moron Femme 04-27-05 20
       RE: Great advice moron Tahj 04-27-05 22
           RE: Great advice moron Femme 04-27-05 23
   RE: Great advice moron Tahj 04-27-05 21
   RE: Great advice moron sabrinasmom 04-29-05 29
 RE: Great advice moron drtantalum 04-27-05 18
   RE: Great advice moron Femme 04-27-05 24
   RE: Great advice moron Oscirus 04-29-05 28
       RE: Great advice moron anotherkim 04-30-05 33
           RE: Great advice moron Oscirus 04-30-05 37
 RE: Great advice moron Harrison 04-27-05 25
 RE: Great advice moron RatPat 04-28-05 26
   RE: Great advice moron trudy 04-28-05 27
   RE: Great advice moron RBA 04-30-05 35
 Another Possibility? JCO 04-29-05 30
   RE: Another Possibility? Harrison 04-29-05 31
       RE: Another Possibility? JCO 04-29-05 32
           RE: Another Possibility? J Slice 04-30-05 34
               RE: Another Possibility? Harrison 04-30-05 38
           RE: Another Possibility? trudy 04-30-05 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "More evidence of the CBS Romber conspiracy!"
No! The way it really happened was that CBS wants Romber to win everything, so as soon as Rob said there was an earlier flight, they contacted every airline they could find to arrange one so he could get on it and get another prize for being in first place, and after they finally got a plane to leave Devil Air out of Tazmania, it was all set up, but Amber had an autograph signing at the back of the airport and missed the chance to book the flight, which meant they weren't going to be in first, so the producers turned the whole thing into a non-elimination leg to make sure their stars wouldn't be sent home, plus they moved the prize into what looked like a random draw with the whole gnome thing, only the cameraman got a bad shot angle and thought Romber had the plane, so they made that the prize symbol and weren't they surprised when POW/BOW came up with it, because it was meant for Romber all along because there's a conspiracy, and now they're going to make them all go to London just because Survivor's aired there and Romber will be so popular that everyone will help them and they'll finish first again, which is what CBS wants because like I said, there's a conspiracy.

So there.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: More evidence of the CBS Romber conspiracy!"
Damn straight, Estee. Did you get your insider info from www.theresalwaysaconspiracyonrealitytvshows.com ?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Great advice moron"
What's that expression: Hoisted on his own petard?

Neutiquam erro (I am not lost).

Da Baby 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Da%20Baby Click to send private message to Da%20Baby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "This move really surprised me"
So far, Rob has done a good job manipulating and influencing the other teams with, what I see as, psychological tricks.

I know his intention was to frustate the other teams and throw them off, but what he ended up doing was motivating U/J, M/G to find an earlier flight b/c they believed one existed.

Then again, I'm just giving Rob too much credit. Really, he was just being a jerk and made a flippant comment to piss everyone off. =)

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I, for one, "
loved seeing Rob's machinations come back to bite him on his self inflated butt. Even moreso, since he commented on how stupid they were, AND M/G STILL came in ahead of him after completing a significant physical challenge.
Here, Rob.....have a nice big serving of humility.

In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Great advice moron"
This was hilarious. I tried to stifle my laughter, since I watch with a Romber-lover, and I try to be polite, but even she thought that was stupid.

Also amusing that in the post-mat confessional, he said they made a mistake about choosing flights. That wasn't really it, of course. He may make a similar "watch me mess with them" mistake again.

However, I'd like to also point out that it was also stupid to take Rob at his word that there was an earlier flight to get on. Why would M/G and U/J think that Rob would offer them information freely like that? Uchenna said once that R/A "didn't share", and M/G once nearly got into a car crash from following Rob. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

In any event, it all worked out for me.

Da Baby 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Da%20Baby Click to send private message to Da%20Baby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Great advice moron"
My guess is Gretchen took Rob's question about an earlier flight as a taunt (and proof he knew about some "secret flight") and went scurrying over to M, U/J to cry about it.

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Great advice moron"
Which worked well to their advantage in this leg anyway.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Great advice moron"
Well, Robber, you say we're "the blind leading the blind"
and "stupid", and that you like to "instill some fear" in
us. And this is not to mention your teammate Kelly's comment
about my lady being a "leech".

How wonderfully self-descriptive your comments are! You
deserve every word you say.

Just "don't miss the next flight" -- home. "End of story"!

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Great advice moron"
I'm a romber fan - but I thought this was great!

He was trying to play the game - and he got caught.

It's kinda like bluffing in Poker, it works many times, but sometimes you bluff into a guy holding AA. and it doesn't work out.

Anyways - he did make some dumb comments, but he did work hard on making sure he didn't finish last during this leg once he knew they were in 3rd, and he didn't lose his cool either.

He knew it's not the end of the race, so just beat 1 team, and make it up in the next leg.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-27-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Great advice moron"
I agree. Rob outsmarted himself and it came back to bite him in the åss. He's a cocky little fart.

Moves courtesy of Syren

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Great advice moron"
another Romber fan here that thought it was funny that Rob's big mouth cost him this time. It still makes for a fun game. I dont know how they'll top this season unless they bring in a bunch of cutthroats next season. I see this family edition being a bunch of whining kids and their parents trying to drag them along everywhere.

For One Day a Year, Jack Bauer Will Not Neeed to Go to the Bathroom for 24 hours: But once those 24 horus are up, I bet he's in there for a long time ~ Stephen King

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Great advice moron"
<he didn't lose his cool either

AND, he treated Amber with respect and shouldered the responsibility for the error.

I know the guy was a complete jerk on Survivor, which I did not see, but I do like his racing and relationship skills.

I was tickled to see his taunt backfire, though. HA!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Great advice moron"
I was remembering his "Do I look like I got da woid Stoopid stamped on my forehead?" comment from his first Surivivor season...Rob is always his own worst enemy. But I think he'd be the first to laugh along with us Romber fans as he wallows in his own hubris.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Agree"
It was alot like his "word stupid" speech in Survivor. I also agree that he probably was sitting at home watching his actions and laughing at himself just like we were.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Great advice moron"
I'm a Romber fan, but I was waiting for the comments to come back to bite Rob in the butt. It was hilarious to see him think he's pulling a fast one on the others only to realize he just helped motivate them.

I'll bet he's eating his comments about U/J when he sees the episodes play out. U/J were the only ones who zigged when the others zagged in the wrong direction, following the leader.

I enjoy watching the train wreck known as R/K, seeing how they implode each week. Kelly deserves the "I Need to Be Slapped Award" for the ignorant comments she made about Ron's military service.

Yeah, Ron deliberately got captured so he could leave the military. Grr!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Great advice moron"
AS much as I love ROMBER, I've gotta admit that that was a really stupid move.... I wanted to slap him.

~Tim~

Thanks to Rolly for legalizing my mouse!
fighting for peace is like fvcking for virginity.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Great advice moron"
As soon as those words left his mouth, I was thinking "but what if there is an earlier flight?" And then he didn't look for one himself! Just proves what I've thought all along - he's a jerk who isn't all that bright. He then went on to ridicule the two teams who really haven't bad-mouthed him all that much, U/J in particular. This is a classy guy some of you are rooting for.

And the fact that some people think, "well he's probably laughing it off like we are" makes me shake my head. I doubt that he was laughing because I don't think they win. And if he was laughing, it was only because he and his girl have already cashed a million dollar check and have their wedding paid for, to boot.

Gee, I almost wish I was a brash, cheapshot, media whore so that I could get all that neat stuff. Nah, I'd rather be a nice guy who tries to set a good example for others - like Uchena and Joyce do!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Great advice moron"
I really like Uchenna and Joyce, too, but Rob and Amber share the spot of favorite with them in my book.

It's been mentioned in this thread, Rob made an ##### out of himself, came off jerky and cocky, but you have to admit that he isn't "stupid," he made a mistake by trying to be too clever.

He easily outpaced Ron and Kelly with only a couple minutes between that team and his. He stayed focused, didn't make any more mistakes, and finished first. He's determined and capable, and saying he's not all that bright isn't really the best way to put it. Everyone who watches can tell that he is calculating and intelligent.

Cocky? Absolutely. Full of himself? Overconfident? Of course. Moronic, dim, stupid? Hardly.

(And, he treats Amber with respect, he is usually very polite to locals and other people who have helped him -- though, they only showed him being rather blunt, though not rude, last night -- and he doesn't panic and freak out. Can't you at least acknowledge that? Uchenna and Joyce are also kind -- but apparently next week, Joyce will hollar and bellow at Uchenna in the driving challenge thing) -- but Meredith and Gretchen and Ron and Kelly aren't.)

And, yeah, he's always "laughing at himself" which anyone would know since he is such a "media whore" that we have seen him often after other, similar mis-calculations on his part. He takes it in stride, and has always shown himself as one who doesn't take himself too seriously. So, yes, laughing at himself, whether or not if he wins.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

04-27-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Great advice moron"
As a newbie, you have to understand that this is a basher forum.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-27-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Great advice moron"
Ah, maybe you should direct me to the guidelines.

04-27-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Great advice moron"
Nah, I'd rather be a nice guy who tries to set a good example for others - like Uchena and Joyce do!

And be boring as hell in the process. Give me a brash, cheapshot, media whore any day for the entertainment value. Much as I bashed Lynn and Alex, I'd take them still being in the race over any of the other teams besides Romber.

Moves courtesy of Syren

sabrinasmom 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sabrinasmom Click to send private message to sabrinasmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Great advice moron"
the cynics and romber lovers would probably say "nice guys finish last" but i say

thank you!

i don't know how so many people can like either of them. him - for being the blackheart that he is and her for being so complacent with him!

i understand that it is just a game but it alarms me that such underhandedness is championed.

drtantalum 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-27-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drtantalum Click to send private message to drtantalum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Great advice moron"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

Well he took a risk and it didn't pay off. He isn't an idiot or stupid because of that mistake. heck if he's stupid because of it, it must make 95% of the racers that have been on the show complete simpletons. It was a risk that was all. Perhaps they did have earlier flight tickets and Gretchen said "why yes we are on the flight out of that lnads at 6:00 am....." It didn't work. He also didn't rest on his laurels. He went to a travel agent where they started the leg. Another travel agent during the stopover in Delhi and then another. Three different agencies/airlines told him the same thing.

However, despite thinking they were in first after having no one else on the flight the first person Rob could ask that would recognize two other teams (the small boat captain) he asked. It wasn't a good leg for them but they never forgot the cardinal rule of the amazing race "always make sure that you are ahead of one team." They made sure of that right from the plane by leaving Ron and Kelly behind (who had no inkling they were in last until getting that last clue in the clue box). They made sure by running a quick leg after that.

Their weakest leg to be sure yet they finished third, weren't last and aren't going to be too far behind the leaders.

04-27-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Great advice moron"
I am not much of a "yes, man" but I really liked your detailing of the argument here.

Asking the boat guy? Smaht. Checking for an earlier flight at every possible opportuniyt? Smaht. Ditching their alliance, just in case? Smaht. Continuing on with the greatest sense of urgency? Smaht.

Also, he kept watching the island as they floated away, trying to pin how far behind the other team was, which was also smaht.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

04-29-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Great advice moron"
The fact that he asked that question was extremely stupid. It is never smart to motivate those who you are trying to beat, I guarantee you that 95% of the racers out there wouldn't have done something this moronic. There was no risk it was a guarantee for something bad happening. Besides if he was going to go to a traveling agent anyway what was the point in him asking the question in the first place? True what he did afterwards was smart but that question in itself was one of the most dumbest move ever.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Great advice moron"
he also could have gotten information from them. It was a risk. One that failed. Risk-taking is what will ultimately win the race. You're right about 95% of the other teams...they don't do anything that the rest of the hred doesn't do. They wait for someone to tell them where to go and what to look for and stumble or fall on top of a clue. They have no endgame and no strategy.

I thought it was very funny that it backfired on him, fwiw. You can't always come out ahead with your mindgames. It was certainly entertaining for the audience. I don't think it was "moronic"..and certainly at the time, no one could have known that the results would have been so bad. How could anyone know that THREE travel agents would give you incorrect information? In hindsight, I'm sure he wouldn't ask the question, but at the time, the question was in keeping with his game--fish for info and keep the other teams off kilter.

After all, it is The Amazing Race, not the Amazing Block Party--Vardis

04-30-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Great advice moron"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-05 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

I'll agree with that comment about following the herd. What made the move so moronic was that he motivated people to make a good move that they normally wouldn't have made . Especially if A) He was going to find out the information himself from other travel agents and B) He thought that they were too stupid to go on an earlier flight anyway. Heck for argument's sake I'll even call it a risk however it was an extremely needless risk that he didn't have to make and he only made it because he was playing up to the cameras. His need to prove to the world how smart he is will be his downfall in this game as it was in his first two games.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Great advice moron"
Nah, Rob was actually looking pretty good for a while there.
He claimed at the time that he posed the question to Gretchen to see if there was, in fact, an earlier flight.

Not a bad idea. And going to Gretchen with it was also inspired considering the fact that she's the least likely to keep information to herself.
He went right to the weakest link for information.

Also remember, this was after he repeatedly asked his ticket agent if there was anything earlier.
And even after the fact he checked and re-checked.

Rob's misstep came as a result of bad information and worse luck.

Or, looking at it another way, Gretchen et al got pretty damned lucky there. Even though they claimed to have gotten to the mat as team #2 on their own and without benefit ting from the mistakes of another team, she and Meredith certainly rode one team 75% the way there and ultimately benefited from Rob's misstep.

I wonder if Romber would really let something like that happen again?
They seem to recognize their error, which is a big advantage in the race.

If anything, Rob was just too clever by half.
He outwitted himself.

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-28-05, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Great advice moron"
Did I see a different version of this episode than everyone else did?

Several people have bashed Rob for not looking for a better flight, but the episode I saw showed him checking for a better flight repeatedly.

I'm a Romber fan, but I enjoy the Romber bashing.
To tell the truth, I kinda missed the drama queens.
I found it interesting that after they landed Gretchen said she was looking for a "red hat" and Uchenna said no red hat.
It looks like the Romber obsession is still alive and well.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 05:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Great advice moron"
Gretchen is showing signs of a minor Romber obsession.

Rob checked at least 3 times about an earlier flight and was told there was none. I thought one of the ticket agents said no direct flight, maybe that was where the misinformation came from. Hey, maybe U/J paid them to tell R/A and R/K no earlier flight....

I think pairing up with R/K was the Romer downfall for this leg. For one, I don't think Rob would have been so cocky and shot off his mouth so much. It probably was somewhat of a relief to have someone in the race socialize with them for a change and I think they let their guard down. It was a good wake up call and I think it came at the right time.

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Great advice moron"
It's the Romber Complex. I'm here for counseling if any of the people with Romber Complexes need someone to listen too. I can't imagine how you guys can do nothing but hate all the time.

JCO 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JCO Click to send private message to JCO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Another Possibility?"
Is it possible that Rob made the remark because he knew that there was likely to be an earlier flight, and he figured that he had to tip off M/G and U/J to the possibility or else they wouldn't think of it themselves? And then he pretended to search and not find an earlier flight to R/K who now trust him, so as to cause R/K to be eliminated because he thinks that they are his and Amber's strongest competition?

And then CBS throws a wrench in by having the leg be non-elimination.

04-29-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Another Possibility?"
Well, that's a...creative interpretation, but no.
I just don't see it.

Rob was fishing and got caught on his own hook.

JCO 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JCO Click to send private message to JCO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Another Possibility?"
The only reason I came up with this is because I find it hard to believe that U/J and G/M were able to book an earlier flight without any apparant difficulty but no travel agent that R/A went to was ever aware of another flight. I'm searching for another explanation.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Another Possibility?"
If a guy came into your travel agency and talked in a Boston accent so thick you needed subtitles, perhaps you'd feel better just throwing some Fenway franks at him until he went away. Though getting him the hell out of your country might be a valid option, too.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

04-30-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Another Possibility?"
"If a guy came into your travel agency and talked in a Boston accent so thick you needed subtitles, perhaps you'd feel better just throwing some Fenway franks at him until he went away. Though getting him the hell out of your country might be a valid option, too."

Hm. Issues with Bostonians?
Let me guess, Yankees fan...

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Another Possibility?"
The routes they showed on the map when everyone was flying were different. I think possibly what happened was Rob either asked about a specific airline or the agents assumed he meant a direct flight. The flight R/A and R/K took was a direct flight, the other one showed a stopover but I can't remember where. I don't tape this so maybe someone else has more specific info. It's also possible the flight U/J took was full when he asked. I agree that he took a risk there and it backfired, but what I found more interesting was U/J getting on the phone and actually checking flights for themselves. I haven't seen U/J do much intelligent racing up to this point, so I was surprised at that. U/J seem to be nice people, etc. but they have not been inspired racers, anyone can shave their head for a million - it doesn't make you a martyr to the cause - and even with the fast forward how many times did they get lost???????

The flight info is the same type of misinformation any of them could run into at any time. The boat was a good example. I think Rob asked "How do I get back there?" and the guy said take the boat. He probably didn't ask (or with language barrier who knows?) "What are the ways to get back there?" or "What is the fastest way to get back there?"

As soon as he could gather intelligence about the other teams he did - asking the boat guy who else went to the island, using the binoculars to spot R/K, etc. I consider that good racing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •