The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The Final Three)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-21-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The Final Three)"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-04 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-21-04 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

1. Jasmine Trias
This was not a good week for any of our remaining Idols. First of all, singing three songs each, but with no wardrobe changes? What is this world coming to? Jasmine fared the best among the three, but she was not without her faux pas. Still, I’ll reluctantly award her Diva of the Week, as much for her grace and poise in defeat as for her indisputable loveliness (despite her ensemble choices.) This week, Jasmine wore a blue-green shirred halter top, and a supershort black skirt, both of which were very flattering to her petite frame. And I didn’t mind the multi-band rhinestone bracelet or the silver waistlet… though she’s worn both of these on more than one prior occasion (and a Diva is never seen wearing the same item twice!) The rest of the outfit was all downhill, I’m afraid. Her pointy black and white heels seemed like a mismatch to me, and her odd high ponytail wasn’t particularly flattering. Worst of all, though, was the bizarre green plastic flower broach she wore, which looked like one of those tacky no-slip bathtub stickers. (I hope she was able to scrape the soapscum off her blouse afterward.)

2. Diana Degarmo
Diana’s image is improving, I must admit. Her not-too-tight red wideleg pants were flattering to her figure, and the black tank with lace straps and sheer cutout at the cleavage was slimming and unique (though a bit too mature for her 16 years.) I found it odd, though, that her top had a tie waist which hung to her right side, and the pants had a tie waist which hung to the left side. I also come down as ‘undecided’ about her hairstyle. I think the style itself is infinitely more cutting-edge and mature than any of her previous ‘dos. I don’t, however, think it was all that flattering for her specific faceshape. And it did certainly annoy me that her bangs seemed to cover her (already unexpressive) eyes. Oh well, I guess Diana can’t win a rave from me. Maybe next week? (One can always dream.)

3. Fantasia Burrino
‘Tasia gets the short end of the Diva stick this week, earning a Fashion Citation for her bondage-light mini dress. This black cotton number, with numerous buckles and countless front and side snaps, was much too Road Warrior for my taste, and gave her a somewhat ‘hardened’ look that I doubt is her goal. To counterbalance this, she festooned her neck and earlobes with multiple silver crosses, and donned black and silver pointy heels that looked surprisingly like the same ones Jasmine wore. Is the budget so tight, Fox, that the contestants have to share shoes? Now that’s not right!

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Cumulative Rankings:
1. Fantasia Burrino 4.1 (5, 5, 7, 5, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3)
2. Diana Degarmo 5.4 (9, 8, 6, 7, 4, 7, 4, 5, 2, 2)

R.I.P.:
3. Jasmine Trias 3.2 (1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 1)
4. LaToya London 1.5 (2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1)
5. George Huff 4.5 (3, 3, 5, 4, 7, 6, 5, 3)
6. John Stephens 6.9 (7, 9, 10, 9, 6, 5, 3)
7. Jennifer Hudson 2.5 (4, 2, 4, 1, 3, 1)
8. Jon Peter Lewis 4.5 (6, 6, 1, 3, 8)
9. Camille Velasco 8.9 (11, 11, 9, 8)
10. Amy Adams 8.3 (10, 7, 8)
11. Matt Rogers 11 (12,10)
12. Leah LaBelle 8 (8)

Links to Previous Week's Articles:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/953.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/937.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/915.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/880.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/800.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/756.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/676.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/597.shtml
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/584.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The... dangerkitty 05-24-04 1
 Last minute change? AyaK 05-24-04 2
   RE: Last minute change? TODDLJ 05-24-04 4
       RE: Last minute change? sodiumswirl 05-24-04 6
           RE: Last minute change? TODDLJ 05-25-04 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The... Breezy 05-24-04 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The... strid333 05-24-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-24-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The Final Three)"
What??? No comments on this Journal yet? Dang, we must really be getting sour on this show...

Larry, thanks for yet another fine, funny review. Great take on Diana, she just seems to have some weird vibe with the fashion thing, huh? I don't know what it would take for her to look "right", although this week was an improvement.

I agree, why no costume changes? I actually thought of you when that happened, thinking "Darnit, less material for Larry to lampoon! No fair!!!"

Thanks as always, looking forward to the Final GIJ! Hopefully they'll wear more than one outfit each!!

dangerkitty

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Last minute change?"
I love reading these, but I never comment on them. However, a question from this week. The ratings were:

>2. Diana Degarmo
>3. Fantasia Burrino

But the cumulative ratings showed:

>Cumulative Rankings:
>1. Fantasia Burrino 3.9 (5, 5, 7, 5, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 2)
>2. Diana Degarmo 5.5 (9, 8, 6, 7, 4, 7, 4, 5, 2, 3)

Error? Or a last-minute change in the rankings? Inquiring minds want to know!

05-24-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last minute change?"
Good catch, AyaK! I did have a last-minute change of heart about the rankings this week. My initial response was to put Diana into last, where she has resided numerous times... but I really dislinked Fantasia's seeming lack of effort this week, and wanted to give her a good slap on the wrist by placing her in last instead. I'll fix the incorrect numbers...

-Larry

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last minute change?"
hey larry...who would you rather see win this whole darned thing? (Fantasia or Diana, no hypothetical J-Hudson B.S.)

05-25-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Last minute change?"
I'm honestly a bit on the fence with my pick.

Diana has tons of potential, and may one day be ready to be a major popstar. Her kind of style and voice are closer to what I like; big powerful rich vocals with a clear tone and the ability to hold a moving 'powernote.' Also, the ability to move me when my eyes are closed just with the tone of the voice. People like Kelly, Clay, Ruben, and Kim Locke all have these qualities. Diana has the potential to do this, but isn't there yet.

Fantasia is already ready to be an incredible performer, but she has a limited style and image, and her particular type of voice and style aren't my personal favorite. I don't like the fact that she can't hold a long pretty note, and so she has to end every song with 'yeah, yeah, yeah' or some annoying riff. Her tone also grates on my ear, and I don't think I could sit and listen to a whole CD of hers. That being said, I think she is a far better and more effective performer than Diana, and her maturity and self-confidence make her much more ready for the title.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The Final Three)"
Yay!!!!! Larry.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-24-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Week 10 (The Final Three)"
Wow, I am so shocked that you gave Jasmine the number one spot. But after reading the explanation, it makes sense. Great as always!

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •