The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VOYEUR 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-01, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VOYEUR Click to send private message to VOYEUR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
ON SS BY THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WHO WAS WORKING ON THE DATE THE
CAST & CREW FLEW HOME....

IS THAT A SPOILER OR A CROCK? IT IS HARD TO TELL THESE DAYS.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER... Remy617 03-20-01 1
 RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER... Play2Survive 03-20-01 2
   RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER... zandi 03-20-01 3
       RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER... VOYEUR 03-20-01 4
       Nope AyatollahKhomeini 03-20-01 5
           RE: Nope VOYEUR 03-20-01 6
               RE: Nope zandi 03-20-01 7
                   WISHFUL THINKING I GUESS VOYEUR 03-20-01 9
                       RE: WISHFUL THINKING I GUESS Play2Survive 03-20-01 10
                       A spoiler...... MDSkinner 03-20-01 11
                       Since you asked.... sleeeve 03-20-01 13
               RE: Nope Play2Survive 03-20-01 8
                   tweet tweet VOYEUR 03-20-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-20-01, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
Don't know, not having had the opp. to read it. Why not copy and paste it here for all to see?

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-01, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
Many people on this board pay little heed to SS. So if you think there's something relevant, by all means let us know. Just please help us out by cutting and pasting the original "spoiler post" within yours.

Thanks Voyeur

zandi 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zandi Click to send private message to zandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
For all who want to know....I have copied only "FlyGirl"'s comments...if you want to see all the posts and the enusing conversation, please go to
<http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=3611.topic>

My apologies for the length. If I have missed one of her posts, please feel free to add or email me at glzie@pacbell.net and I will edit the msg.

This is uncut...I have not altered these posts other than to cut & paste them.

Enjoy.

I have been a reader of the Survivorsucks boards ever since the first series, but never registered until now as I've not had anything interesting or revolutionary to contribute before. This time I may have something, so this is my first post.
I'm a QANTAS longhaul Sydney based Flight Attendant, and in mid-December of 2000 I was a crewmember of QF11 which is a direct flight from Sydney to Los Angeles.
As is usual procedure, all crew are briefed before each flight. It is quite common to be told of certain VIP's travelling or people with special needs that may need extra attention. On this day we were told that some "VIP's from CBS" will be travelling along with the cast and several crew from Survivor 2. Having watched Survivor 1 with great interest I was keen to get a close up look
At the time I didn't know who were the contestants and who were the crewmembers. I was able to figure this out though by their weight.... or lack thereof.
Amber, Jerri, Elisabeth and Keith were the skinniest. Amber's face appeared sunken and it was clear to me at least that she had been in the game for a long time. Keith also looked like he had lost a lot of muscle definition. Tina was also very thin, and looked very out of proportion with a thin body and a large head and breasts. Colby was the most tanned but he was still very muscular and had more body mass than some of the others. Rodger looked exactly like we see him on TV now (except shaven) and he was a lovely man with a kind and gentle nature. Nick was also thin, but I suspect he goes soon as he didn't seem as emaciated as the others. Jerri and Amber were sitting on opposite sides of the aircraft. I didn't see them speak to one another through the whole flight. I don't recall seeing Alicia at all, though she may have been there.
I had a chat with Tina about her experience in Australia and she said that she was exhausted and just wanted to get back home. Tina told me that she had also been a Flight Attendant (Stewardess) and we had a laugh about some of our flying stories. She was really friendly, and told me that "towards the end it gets nasty".
Jerri was (surprisingly) quiet and certainly did not appear to be the person that she has been portrayed. Colby asked for seconds and said that he loves airline food!
Make of all this what you will.
FlyGirl

PS. I didn't put the exact date of the flight in this post in case all crew names on the day are discovered and published.

I meant to add that I kept the PNL (Passenger Name List) on which I wrote notes about each person. Because at the time I didn't know who was who, I had notes written about some of the crew as well.
I could have posted this two months ago but didn't really realise the significance of it until now. I'm not able to keep up with the show every single week, and often have to watch 3 taped episodes at a time. It was only yesterday that I got to watch Jeff get voted out which is the most recent episode shown here in Australia.
I understand people's scepticism, and I realise it looks suspicious that I registered and posted on the same day, but why would I register when I had nothing to say? All I ever did was read the boards, and most of these boards are speculation which I would take away with me to ponder.
To add to what I said, I didn't know that Tina was definitely a contestant until we began speaking. She didn't tell me who else were contestants either, so I just made notes on who I *thought* may have been in the game. This may be why I don't recall Alicia. In hindsight I probably should have made notes about everyone.. after all, I did have 14 hours.
FlyGirl

As I said in my earlier post, I didn't know at the time who was in the cast and who was on the crew so I had to use some reasoning to work out who was who. As for Jerri and Amber, I was not trying to perpetuate or confirm any stories that there was tension between them.. I merely said they sat on the opposite side of the aircraft from one another, and I didn't see them speak to each other at all. Whether that means there was tension between them or not I don't know, I just thought it was interesting (in hindsight, I thought nothing of it at the time).
To BeefJerky - The flight from Syd-Lax is technically only 13hrs30mins but it is always rostered at 14hrs due to delays and possible headwinds.
If I can work out a way to edit the PNL so it can be shown here I will (I will have to remove other passenger's names as well as flight information). Unfortunately I don't own a scanner, so will have to get my brother to do it for me so it may take a few days before I can get it here.
FlyGirl

MXMMorden - To travel on an international flight the name on your passport MUST match the name on your ticket exactly. Even a spelling error on your ticket will result in the airline refusing to carry you. This is because international passengers need customs clearance inbound and often outbound also. Domestic flights are different, you can book as whoever you want as there is no identification check. You can verify this information with any travel agent.

Stayln - We are definitely seeing S2 here, you can verify this by going hereand checking out Wednesday night's programming in Sydney.

Kelloshy - Being the busy season right before Christmas, that flight was quite full. Alicia was not sitting in her designated seat, as in my notes I have the person seated there listed as a guy! So I don't know where she ended up sitting. Only Liz and Rodger were sitting next to each other. All of the others were scattered about sitting next to crew (one could have been sitting next to Alicia though since I don't know where she sat). On the list I only have Alicia, Amber, Rodger, Liz, Colby, Jerri, Keith, Tina and Nick.
There was another Syd-Lax flight that left about 5ish hours later so other cast and crew may have been on that one.
FlyGirl

BeefJerky - It was a B747-400, and some airlines don't serve peanuts because of allergies and choking (you'd be amazed at how many people choke on a peanut), some airlines don't serve them because they're too expensive and they want to cut costs!
beagee - Sorry if what I said was misleading, I was only referring to my own experience (obviously here in Australia) when you have a paper ticket. In that case you don't need to show ID, if you have a paperless ticket then you need to show ID. I've not travelled domestically within the US on a regular ticket (only as a crewmember or on a non-revenue ticket) so I apologise if that statement was inaccurate for US shores. I was mainly trying to make the point that for international journeys the ticket and the passport must say the same name.
imalith - I thought nothing of Jerri and Amber not sitting near each other at the time. It was not until later that I thought there may be something in that, as the episodes I have just seen show Jerri and Amber as very chummy. I made notes (mostly one or two lines) about the people I *thought* were in the game. I didn't know at the time if all of the cast were on board or only some. I made more notes about Tina as we chatted for several minutes plus she was the only one that I knew for sure was a contestant.
firl1 - I see your point. When she said "towards the end it gets nasty" I was thinking she was referring to the end of her time there, which may or may not necessarily be the end of the game. I guess that comment is open to interpretation, as it could also be taken as it gets nasty at the end of the game.
Skitcher - What you said about the PNL is exactly why I am not keen on posting the list in it's entirety. I do value my job, and posting an unedited list would probably be career suicide. Then again if I edit it, people here will claim it's false so I guess I'm in a no-win!
I am only trying to share what I saw, whether there is something in it or not I don't know.
FlyGirl
(edited to answer Skitcher's and BeefJerky's comments)

swood - We saw S1 at the same time it was aired in the US, albeit one episode behind. I used to read the old S1 messageboards and attempt my own speculations, but I never had anything worthwile to contribute (I had plenty of speculation but never anything of a remotely 'spoiler' nature).
jasman jr - In hindsight if I had shared this information earlier, it may have been more of a spoiler - I do appreciate the secrecy that CBS/MB has gone to great lengths to achieve, but let's face it, I'm not telling you who is the winner.. all I am telling you is what I saw on the day. Any other person on the flight that later recognised who these people were could do the exact same thing. I was just in the fortunate position that I had their names and had made a few short notes about the ones I *thought* may have been players.
BeefJerky - You are right about me not knowing who was who at the time. In fact, I clearly remember Colby (which red blooded female wouldn't?) and Tina of course. The others were just guesses, but they were substantially thinner than the crew, some of which had seemingly enjoyed sampling the local cuisine. I was off the mark with Alicia - I don't recall seeing her at all, and I have no notes about her but her name is present on the name list so I assume she was there, just seated somewhere else.
GuiltyPleasure - I didn't make notes on every passenger seated on the 747. We were foretold that VIP's from CBS along with cast and several crew would be travelling on the flight. All cabin crew are allocated a position on the aircraft, and I along with 3 others happened to be looking after the section of the aircraft in which they were seated. In 14 hours it's easy enough to make 2 lines worth of notes on people who you think may be part of the game. As for muscle definition, it's easy enough to tell who is muscular and who is not. The flight was in December which is summer here in Australia so it's pretty unusual for anyone to board the aircraft in a long sleeved shirt or jacket. I didn't note what Keith was wearing, just that he appeared to be very thin and his physique reminded me of how Rudy looked towards the end of S1.
The notes I made are short but descriptive.. for example with Jerri I wrote "v.thin long brown curly/wiry hair pointed face. quiet. kept to self. slept most of way. didn't mix with others. came on with group"
I am not saying I know who the winner is, or that I'm the sister of so-and-so who knows who the final four is.. I am merely giving you what little information I know. It may not even be a spoiler in your definition but I thought at least it was relevant.
FlyGirl

This will be my last post for a few days as I'll be going on another trip, so I'll try to answer all of the questions I've seen up to now. Hopefully when I get back my brother will have worked out how to use the scanner and I would have worked out how to edit the PNL without jeopardising it's legitimacy.
Just to explain how duty trips are allocated, they are allocated on a seniority basis. That is, the longer you have been with the company the better choice you have of flight combinations (pairings) and it goes down the list until the most junior FA gets whatever pairings remain. Some trips are more desirable than others (eg. Japan) as they result in better pay (but that is a whole nother thread). I haven't been with QANTAS long enough to write my own roster so was allocated this LA trip.
UkraineMom - You definitely need a passport to come to Australia, I am guessing that you are thinking of a Visa, as US citizens are not required to obtain a Visa to enter Australia if visiting for less than 3 months, not obtaining employment or for the purpose of study or claiming government benefits. This arrangement is reciprocated for Australian citizens entering the US.
Autumnfyre - Unfortunately I can't recall any one person being more happy or smiley than any others, they all seemed to be in a very lighthearted frame of mind and were happy to be going home. I sure didn't see a million bucks hanging out of anyone's pockets!
MattS - It wasn't so much that I noticed that Jerri and Amber weren't speaking to one another, I just noticed that I hadn't seen them speak to one another during the whole flight - whether this was because Jerri was on one side and Amber was on the other I don't know. I did see others from the group talking amongst each other, but didn't see those two talking with each other.
Griffe - I am guessing they flew to LAX from SYD instead of BNE as there are no direct flights BNE-LAX, all pass through SYD.
oioioi - They were all travelling in Y/C (Economy) which despite what most people think is VERY common. Most well known stars are booked in Economy by their agents and then upgraded by the airline to either Business or First Class as they are considered to be VIP's and valued business, or they use their Frequent Flyer points to upgrade. I don't have access to the F/C or J/C (First or Business Class) portion of the PNL, as we are only given the relevant section.
Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are both not listed on the PNL that I have, but they could very well have been on board in F or J class.
Generally passenger lists are not released to the public, but crew have access to them whenever they are on board. They are usually thrown out at the end of the flight, or kept by the crewmember if there is something noted on it of relevance (eg. Illness of passenger, Smoking in toilets etc.) so it wasn't an unusual situation for me to keep the PNL.
I do realise that many people may take this information with a huge grain of salt, and I've seen many a poster be shot down in flames for what they've posted on this board. Make of this information what you will, but when it all comes true I am going to post a big fat I TOLD YOU SO.

FlyGirl

03-20-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VOYEUR Click to send private message to VOYEUR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WHAT ABOUT THE "MAYBE A SPOILER...MAYBE NOT""
thanks for doing that for me. i ACTUALLY have to do some work today....

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-20-01, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Nope"
There are now over 120 posts associated with this thread. A fair number think that this is probably valid because it contains little real spoiler info. A few people think it doesn't matter either way, because it contains little real spoiler info. But the majority think it's a crock, even though it contains little real spoiler info. And so do I.

03-20-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Nope"
i hate to be a little slow - but whether it is legit or not, what, exactly is the spoiler here? she is a stewardess and saw the cast, big whoop. please enlighten me...

zandi 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zandi Click to send private message to zandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nope"
Those were my exact thoughts....

And after reading all the messages in that link, I still can't find the spoiler.

But, you asked for it...so I delivered.

zandi

P.S. You're welcome. Just holler if ya need anything...

03-20-01, 04:31 PM (EST)
9. "WISHFUL THINKING I GUESS"
seeing as this board is FAR superior TO ss, i was hoping someone here could shed a little light...

03-20-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: WISHFUL THINKING I GUESS"
My opinion is that the person who posted really is a flight attendent because when pressed on knowledge of airline procedure she did pretty well - EXCEPT she was willing (and then changed her mind) to post the PNL on the board if she could get her brother's scanner. Doing this WOULD cost her her job and she would know this. Later, she explains why she can't do it, but it was too late for me to believe it.

I say it's a fake by someone with no red herring motives, but someone just having a good old time trying to rile up the freakies.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "A spoiler......"
to me is something that gives certain insight to what is going to happen or at least what could happen on upcoming shows. I think that analysis can be considered a spoiler, even though it can almost never be proven, and I think that any type of information from an official source is considered a spoiler if it eludes to what may happen on future episodes.

The stewardess seeing the cast is not really a spoiler(to me anyway) only because it does not give anything away to what may happen on the show, unless the stewardess mentions who sat with who, or who talked to who or whatever. Just seeing them is not a spoiler, but what she saw of their actions could very well be.

This is all just my oopinion of what a spoiler is, however. If anyone thinks I am full of it, please add to this.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Since you asked...."
I am suspicious of any post that begins "I am a long time lurker, but just realized that this might have some relevence" and then goes on to confirm spoilers that are already mentioned elsewhere without shedding any real light on the subject.

My opinion: A Fake, but it really doesn't matter, as we have the weight-loss theories from other sources and the Amber/Jerri break-up has been speculated about as well.

Also, Jerri and Alicia on the flight??? I thought they travelled together for five days before going home...

This is what I like to think of as a "grain of salt" spoiler, because that's exactly what I'm gonna take it with.

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

03-20-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Nope"
Gaunt faces and seating arrangements.

So Jerri and Amber don't speak to each other. Big deal, no spoiler there.

Jerri, Amber, Keith and Liz are all gaunt. Three days here and there (w/ regard to pecking order) are not going to make dramatic differences in one person's perspective of people's faces - people she had know awareness of at the time.

Let's leave this one for the birds at SS.

03-20-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
12. "tweet tweet"
well P2S, seeing as the "birds" @ SS couldn't seem to figure it out, that you folks over here could. we can drop it if you like.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •