The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Episode 2 preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-02-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Episode 2 preview"
Screen caps from the preview shown at the end of Episode 1.

They don't give us much, except that there is a major bunch coming at a transportation counter.

Debbie & Bianca, surrounded by a few of the other teams.
Visible are the brothers, the old folks, POW/WOW,
Ray & Deanna and The Happy Boys.

Rawb loves turning people's stomachs.

Say it again Rob: "You didn't really believe that?"

The Happy Boys are unhappy with the scale at the fish market.

Signage

Over Rob's head.

Behind Bianca & Debbie.

The fish market. Sign probably says "Fish Market," but I no hablo espanol so good.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview bondish 03-02-05 1
   RE: TAR Episode 2 preview clemsonbeav 03-02-05 2
       Chile conformation TenPin 03-07-05 18
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview Jims02 03-02-05 3
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview wendyp 03-02-05 4
 Detour clemsonbeav 03-02-05 5
   RE: Detour Gingerman28 03-02-05 6
       RE: Detour clemsonbeav 03-02-05 7
       Machu Picchu clemsonbeav 03-02-05 11
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview ILISALOPEZ 03-02-05 8
 Santiago - Cerro S. Cristobal clemsonbeav 03-02-05 9
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview Karchita 03-02-05 10
   RE: TAR Episode 2 preview weecama 03-03-05 12
       Susan and Patrick lovwigglesworth 03-08-05 23
           RE: Susan and Patrick choochoo 03-08-05 24
 Mercado Central clemsonbeav 03-04-05 13
   RE: Mercado Central weecama 03-06-05 14
       RE: Mercado Central clemsonbeav 03-06-05 15
 Roadblock clemsonbeav 03-07-05 16
   RE: Roadblock weecama 03-07-05 17
       RE: Roadblock clemsonbeav 03-07-05 19
           RE: Roadblock weecama 03-07-05 20
       RE: Roadblock Gingerman28 03-08-05 21
 RE: TAR Episode 2 preview Nessy 03-08-05 22
   RE: TAR Episode 2 preview Gingerman28 03-08-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bondish 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-05, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondish Click to send private message to bondish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Looks like the next episode is in Chile. That last sign says 'something something of Chile'.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
*jumps up and down all giddy!!!*

YAY!!! They're going to CHILE!!!

The sign says Fish Market, Chilean Waters. The market is Santiago's Mercado Central, from what I can tell. I've compared pictures of the scales and the market, as well as using my own memory from when I was there, hardly a year ago. *sniffle* I'm POed that they came the year after I was there, but hey, they're there!!!

The transportation counter is a bus station, most definitely Cusco to Lima, as those cities are Peruvian.

This? Made my day.

President of the GAWKUR Alliance

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-07-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Chile conformation"
While we already know that the race is headed for Chile (thanks Joisey & Beav), the commercials this week featuring Rob have actually mentioned the fact that the racers are indeed on their way there. Is this something new? Is it something to look for in the future? Does anyone besides me even care?

TenPin

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Lynn/Alex are all over the previews. I bet they hit a little trouble this week.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Where are d/b alliance partners....p/s oh wait they can not gang up on r/a here they would show their hand sicne they have an alliance with them too.

Lynn and Alex all over the previews...misdirection or are they in trouble? I think they are players but are willing to let d/b look like the bad guys.

03-02-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Detour"
It's in the Mercado Central. One of the boyfriends is holding a bag with vegetables, and they're looking for a certain weight of a certain fish. Now, you can get fruits/vegetables in the Mercado Central, but there is nearby a fruit and vegetable market called La Vega. Who knows? Both are very confusing, and tough for gringos. Everyone is trying to get you to look at their things, the layout is confusing, and there is a high probability of pickpocketing if they're not careful.

Speculation:

Teams travel by bus to Lima and fly to Santiago (as a bus from Cusco to Santiago would be about a two day's drive). Teams must find the route marker in one of these places:

The top of Cerro San Cristobal, where a 6-meter statue of the Virgin overlooks the city. It's sort of out of the way, but it's a nice "touristy" stop, reached by funicular.

The top of Cerro Santa Lucía, where Pedro de Valdivia supposedly founded the city in, um, 1546? It's relatively close to the Mercado Central, but so are the rest of these.

Plaza Baquedano, the busiest intersection of roads, a metro intersection, and a great statue in the middle of Gnrl. Baquedano.

The Plaza de Armas, far more impressive than that of Lima, and home to a statue of Pedro de Valdivia.

The Plaza de la Constitución, in front of La Moneda, Chile's White House.

Will provide more insight as more previews come in.

(I didn't get to sleep until 2 am last night because I was so excited!)

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-02-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Detour"
Yes we will have the traditional bunching of teams at the start of leg 2. But is that a bus station or the San Pedro Estacion de Trenas where they could catch a train to Aguas Calientes which is the gateway to Machu Picchu. I just can't see them leaving Peru without visiting one of the Western Hemispheres most outstanding archeological sites. The market certainly is in Santiago, Chile We have the sign with notice of fish from the seas of Chile. Could very well be a detour stop.

And from the quick shots during the opening titles it looks like the itinerary is going to carry them to London ( London bridge, parliament and a brewery) South Africa or Botswana (animal preserve with lions) and on to India. There is a shot of the Virgin which could very well be the one on the top of Cerro San Cristobal.

03-02-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Detour"
I just watched the cbs.com preview, and they are riding the funicular to the top of Cerro S. Cristobal. And yes, that Virgin picture is the one at the top! Will look at the preview video more, and offer more. It looks like they're staying in the center of town where all the government buildings are.

And yes, I don't understand why they're not going to Machu Picchu.

03-02-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
11. "Machu Picchu"
I just realized why they're not going there: the accessability.

To get to Machu Picchu, there are only a couple of ways to get there, and either one involves many hours on a bus and a train. And, considering the site, there would probably be no tasks, only a clue box. That's just too much trouble IMO to get a route marker. (Though it did confuse me when they said they were going to Cusco, but not Machu Picchu.)

ILISALOPEZ 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ILISALOPEZ Click to send private message to ILISALOPEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
The fish market. Sign probably says "Fish Market," but I no hablo espanol so good

it say seafood market

03-02-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
9. "Santiago - Cerro S. Cristobal"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

Photos couresty of...me!

The Virgin at the top.

The funicular going to the top.

Here's a picture of the view from the top!

Also, one of the teams appears to be doing the other detour, delivering papers, maybe to a specific kiosk. They are in front of the Tribunales de Justicia, where the Supreme Court of Chile meets. In this area of town, there are a lot of kiosks, so they should have a hard time.

ETA: The bus that teams are shown getting off of is still in Peru, note the flag.

Ok, one more picture. I'm such a DAW.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Continuing in Chile will continue to give the Spanish speakers an advantage. In addition to Bianca, and the bubba who spoke Portugeuse who is gone, I heard others speaking at least a little bad Spanish. Meredith, for one and the surfer guys and son-of-Jonathan guy with the blue hat? Sorry I don't have the names straight yet.

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Screencaps from the CBS Promo

VO: The New Amazing Race is just getting started
<Rob and Amber exiting a bus>
< Bianca running>
<Ron running>
Male : runrunrun
VO: as the teams Journey from Peru to Chile
< Kelly pushing a cart /something and Ron >
VO: Sweethearts Rob & Amber are up to there old tricks
<Rob kisses Amber "Good Job">
Rob: accusing someone of lying ..thats personal < to Bianca>
Alex: its a good thing people can't be voted off
< Rob winks> tink
VO: will the brothers get detoured by the sexy blond roomates ?
< Gregg or Brian hugging Heidi or Megan>
Gregg or Brian: hopefully they will help us out ?
B/ or G : Hey < raises arms >
VO: don't miss all the excitement
Urchenna: We can pass some teams
VO: and emotion
Pat: gracious si
< Pat & Mom hug>
Kiss " muahh" Joyce kisses someone
VO The new amazing Race CBS tuesday
100>
101>
102>
103>
104>
105>
106>
107>
108>
109>
110>
111>
112>

114>
115>
116>
117>
118>
119>
120>
121>
122>
123>
124>
125>
126>
127>
128>
129>
130>
131>
132>
133>
134>
135>
136>
137>
~puddin~

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Susan and Patrick"
I am concerned that the only place we see this team in any previews is of a rather sad-looking hug picture. Does anyone else think this looks like a "I'm sorry we messed up, Mommy." type of hug? They did great last week and it would be a big surprise for them to be last, but it could happen.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Susan and Patrick"
Given the way Patrick was "set-up" by the editing in last week's episode (saying that he wants to be the one to get "ROMBER" eliminated) I wouldn't discount that Mommy & Son may be "Philminated" next.

03-04-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
13. "Mercado Central"
This is just to say that the sign that says "Marisquería" isn't really important (well at least not that word). It's not the name of the place, or the name of a restaurant. The Mercado Central is basically a converted train station that is now used by many restaurants and merchants to sell seafood and other foods. It appears that teams just have to find one stand with that fish and buy it. I saw on other boards where people were looking for restaurants with that name, so I just thought I'd clear it up.

03-06-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mercado Central"

Previews: The Amazing Race 7: Episode 2 Preview 3/8/05

Tensions rise among the teams when one racer tries to use bribery to keep information from the other teams on "The Amazing Race 7," airing Tuesday, March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM) on CBS.

"The Whole Country Hates Me"

Several teams confront a Racer who bribes a local in an attempt to keep valuable information from other teams.

Meanwhile, one Team faces an angry mob of merchants at a local market when they attempt to haggle, and one racer uses charm and entertainment to successfully try and complete a road block.

Copied from and thanks to TVRules
~puddin~

03-06-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Mercado Central"
one Team faces an angry mob of merchants at a local market when they attempt to haggle

Rule #1 in Chile: Do NOT haggle!

Hmm...charm and entertainment? Will sleep on it, maybe I'll dream something.

03-07-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
16. "Roadblock"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-05 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Do we have pics of the roadblock? The detour is between going to market, or delivering papers. The roadblock? Who knows. All we know is that one person (girl) uses "charm and entertainment" to her advantage. Maybe something about street entertainers?

ETA: Or maybe trying to get a local to help?

03-07-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Roadblock"
Theory , if they wear blue shirts they do the Roadblock/shineshoes.
{Thanks to banzai}
201> Ron
202> Brian (pretty sure)
203> 204> Ray

205> Ambuh
206 Gretchen
207>
208>Debbie
~puddin~

03-07-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Roadblock"
Cool! Thanks!

03-07-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Roadblock"
your welcome , wish we had more clues .
Eyemail fwiw~

~puddin~

03-08-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Roadblock"
It is not so clear here, but in the live video promo you can see that Debbie has the red ROADBLOCK envelope in her hand. So the roadblock is indeed the shoeshine task, whatever that is.

Nessy 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nessy Click to send private message to Nessy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
Yup... that says "Marisqueria" and "Mariscos" means Seafood... so a seafood selling place. I think it also says "Mercado de Chile" which means "Chilean Market"

Thats about all I can make out though! And something that says "Caja" which means "box"... they're definately in Latin America!

03-08-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
25. "RE: TAR Episode 2 preview"
The sign says in the second line: "Mares de chile" which means from the seas of Chile. "Caja" is spanish for Cashier, so you pay the person in the "box"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •