The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-01-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
I know that a lot of you greatly admire the LC's and credit them with helping to change your lives. I'd like more information on what in particular they helped you with and what books or other materials you might recommend.

I am interested in doing some reading about "Starting Over" issues and would like to know where to start.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books Shazbot 02-01-06 1
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books OklaBlue 02-01-06 2
   IV and RB's websites Cygnus X1 02-02-06 3
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books Pixeltalk 02-02-06 4
   RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books OklaBlue 02-02-06 5
       RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books Pixeltalk 02-03-06 7
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books dopeydwarf 02-03-06 6
   RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books sharnina 02-03-06 8
   RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books lovemydogdude 02-04-06 10
   RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books Shazbot 02-04-06 13
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books only1me 02-03-06 9
 RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books beckettrep 02-04-06 11
   RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books OklaBlue 02-04-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-01-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
In general, I think the premise of the LC's is that we are all fed a lot of crap in our lives and that we have to get back to what's true... realizing that we are programmed to think a certain way based on the start we've been given in life and how we feed into others' perception of us.

It's like starting with a clean slate and focusing on what's possible within us, as if we had never harbored any doubts.

Sound easy enough doesn't it?

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-01-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
Visit both of their websites and you will find out all!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "IV and RB's websites"
Are listed in the ever-increasing-in-necessity SO Links thread.

Has there ever been a golf exercise on the SO Links? Just a thought.

02-02-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
I was looking for people to recommend specific books that they thought were valuable and why. Guess I'll just have to try them all and see which ones I like. (Good old me, looking for a shortcut!)

02-02-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
Like Lisa 1?

02-03-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
And Jill!

I guess I'll have to "own it"!

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
>I know that a lot of
>you greatly admire the LC's
>and credit them with helping
>to change your lives. I'd
>like more information on what
>in particular they helped you
>with and what books or
>other materials you might recommend.
>
>
>I am interested in doing some
>reading about "Starting Over" issues
>and would like to know
>where to start.

okay---if you watch the show, you'll learn to be more assertive. so work on that. That's about it, plus you can get rid of tons of aggression that you have built up on all those two
dimensional people.( because of the tv screen)

I wrote a small essay for you so you won't have to buy the books.

HOW TO START OVER --the ON A BUDGET EDITION

Follow these steps!!!

First draw yourself.
Then,
You need to clean up a dirty refrigerator, (have your kids mess it up again, but don't push them afterwards). Make some crafty crafts, and color alot. Go to a flea market and sell them. Have a friend to videotape you, so you'll be authentic. Make sammiches, and wear peasant tops. If you are a follower instead of a leader, wear some mismatched clothes for a week. If you have a pool, and it is a nice day, DON'T use it. It is for candles and rafts.

Draw yourself again.

You can have a BOR with your preschoolers and any family pets. Just ask them if they think you are ready to graduate. Show them the first drawing you did of yourself, and one you did now. They'll know whether you're ready.

Now go to your neighbors and tell them you're graduating. Offer appetizers and drinks, and somebody will show up.Have the kids make you over. They'd love it!! Wear a tent. Nowadays they have the Princess ones, which would be really cute!!! Make a speech. The more plastered that the neighbors are, the more applause you'll get.

I have been watching this stupid show all along, now it's on twice(ABC and TVone), and this is what I've learned.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
Way too funny!!!! You should be a Life Coach.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
ROFLMAO dopeydwarf I love it..very creative

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
"Make sammiches, and wear peasant tops."

Dopeydwarf - you're hysterical!

But you forgot some:

Wear pink wings on your butt and do jiggle dances around the kitchen.

Pick up hammer, bat, or just use your hands and break something.

Stand on porch, and with arms outstretched, yell at the universe.

only1me 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail only1me Click to send private message to only1me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 07:21 PM (EST)

I highly reccomend Iyanla's book "In The Meantime" for starters. It really helps you start to get down to the bottom of the issues you are dealing with and it helps you get through the process little by little as you read it. At the beginning you start with the basics and by the end, you feel you've really worked through a lot of issues and gotten rid of a lot of your "stuff". At least that's what it did for me. Iyanla has a wonderful wit in her writing and she keeps it light and simple and easy to follow and understand and not the least bit boring.

Should you decide to read "In The Meantime", I would reccomend following it up with "Yesterday I Cried". I swear these two books changed my life and I"m not kidding!

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-04-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
I would recommend you start by avoiding, at all costs, ANYTHING these 2 so-called LC have to say. It's painfully obvious from this season that they don't have a clue.... that's just my own personal opinion though, based on this whole sham of a season.

02-04-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Iyanla's & Rhonda's books"
Better to look at something by Dr. Stan Katz, or Dr. Phil.. or even the Dalai Lama. He says: "The more realistic you are, the happier you’ll be. Trying to look or act younger than you are "is silly, very silly."" (Tell that to Lisa 1)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •