The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Song Themes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Song Themes?"
Has the rumor mill be saying anything about the 'themes' for Tuesday night? Will it be three songs each? Are there any themes? Will the judges pick a song again? Is it all up to the final two contestants?

Inquiring minds want to know.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Song Themes? JOSHIDOL 05-21-04 1
   RE: Final Song Themes? geekboy 05-21-04 2
       RE: Final Song Themes? shedevil 05-21-04 5
   Why zombiebaby 05-21-04 3
       RE: Why JOSHIDOL 05-21-04 4
           Cost AyaK 05-21-04 6
               RE: Cost seahorse 05-24-04 7
               RE: Cost rjrabbit 05-24-04 10
                   RE: Cost Horatio 05-25-04 16
 RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reve... FSUGUY 05-24-04 8
   RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reve... okaychatt 05-24-04 9
       RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reve... FSUGUY 05-25-04 13
           RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reve... geekboy 05-25-04 14
           RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reve... seahorse 05-25-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Song Themes?"
We know they will have to each sing their version of that "I Believe" song written by Tamyra Grey. If it is like anything she sang the other night, it may not be worth watching.

05-21-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Song Themes?"
'Star' was quite boring, but i do like 'Raindrops Will Fall'. It had an Alicia Keys vibe to it.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-21-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Song Themes?"
'Star' was quite boring, but i do like 'Raindrops Will Fall'. It had an Alicia Keys vibe to it.

I agree with you 100 percent.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Why"
are they using that chick to write a song? I did not watch the first season so I don't know her at all.

But you would think they would use a more established songwriter or team for the winner of this. It does not seam like they would want to take a chance with the first song.

I guess though in thinking about it I don't even remember any of the other's songs except "Bridge Over Troubled Waters". So it will just be adding to the rest of the junk that is out there now.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why"
She probably is locked into a contract with them and for some reason they are using her song. I geuess it could be cheaper for them instead of paying some established songwriter.
Its funny because the other day I heard something on the radion about on American Idol they are singing the same songs season after season and it is actually true.
I think they have a limited number of songs that they can actually sing. Some songwriters and artist won't let them sing any of them at all. Gee, wonder why, lol....

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Cost"
I think they have a limited number of songs that they can actually sing. Some songwriters and artist won't let them sing any of them at all. Gee, wonder why, lol....

I can actually answer this question. Licensing songs for use on TV is expensive. Back when radio was in its infancy, the FCC ruled that the promotional value of playing a song on the radio offset the use of the copyright, so over-the-air radio stations don't have to pay anything to play songs (unlike Internet broadcasters, which is another controversy...). But TV stations have always had to pay for use. The rate isn't fixed, either.

Some publishers are willing to cut Idol a price break, although occasionally that's linked to an appearance by the songwriter on the show (Manilow, Sedaka, Robin Gibb ... and hopefully Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan for next year). Other publishers cut Idol a price break in return for some of their songs appearing on Idol CDs (such as this year's "Greatest Soul Classics"). Other publishers want top dollar (for example, Michael Jackson, who is almost broke, won't shave off a penny for use of any Lennon-McCartney songs or other songs that he controls -- he can be almost broke despite controlling these songs because he has his rights to them mortgaged to the hilt).

Idol uses the songs that the producers decide they can afford.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cost"
It seems very surprising that with the profits Fox is making from AI that they can not afford to get the songs they singers want to sing.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-24-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cost"
I was going to say that Justin Guarini sang a Michael Jackson song in Season 1 - P. Y. T. (Pretty Young Thing) but I see that it was written and composed by James Ingram and Quincy Jones.

I would love to hear some Beattles and MJ songs but MJ has probably made that cost-prohibitive.

Ayak,
Does MJ own all the Beattles songs? or just most of them? Do you know? Do they have to pay each time the song is used on air or just once?

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Cost"

>I would love to hear some
>Beattles and MJ songs but
>MJ has probably made that
>cost-prohibitive.
>
>Ayak,
>Does MJ own all the Beattles
>songs? or just most of
>them? Do you know? Do
>they have to pay each
>time the song is used
>on air or just once?

MJ owns most if not all of the songs. I think there are very few he does not own. Back when Paul McCartney and him were friends in the 80's Michael talked about thinking of buying them. McCartney thought he was joking around and thought nothing of it. MJ bought the songs before Paul could buy back the rights. It doesn't matter in the end though because if Paul wants to play a Beatles song, he plays it. He wrote the darn things for crying out loud. McCartney has said on numerous occasions, "Why should I have to pay for something I wrote?"

----------------------------

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reveal"
Fox 4 promo at 9pm - and find out what songs they will be singing.....

She bang????? wouldn't that be fun!!!!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-24-04, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reveal"
The Swan is on instead. YUCK!

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-04, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reveal"
ok....
both 'I believe'
Fantasia - 'Summertime'
Diana - 'Don't cry out loud'

that's all they mentioned.....

05-25-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reveal"
i find it quite hard to believe they're going to repeat songs they've already sung in the competition.

this is their night to shine their brightest and bring out the big guns, as Clay did with 'Bridge...'

geekboy

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final Song Themes? -DFW to reveal"
I missed the show where Fantasia sang Summertime. I hope she does sing it, since it was so well received.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •