The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RODGER to go in E9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

grumpy_angel 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-20-01, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grumpy_angel Click to send private message to grumpy_angel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RODGER to go in E9"
hey
did anyone else read the post on this message board about whats going to happen in E9? it says rodger breaks his collarbone during a challenge and then gets voted out. i think its possible because ppl were posting this accident when we didnt know it was mike who got hurt. anyway, i was just wondering what u guys thought about this.........

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 IceCat walks quietly across the sta... IceCat 03-20-01 1
 Grumpy Angel, better put on the sun... shakes the clown 03-20-01 2
   RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the... SurvivinDawg 03-20-01 3
       RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the... Krautboy 03-20-01 4
           RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the... Minstrel 03-21-01 5
 RE: RODGER to go in E9 blehargh 03-22-01 6
   Probst on Letterman IceCat 03-22-01 7
       RE: Probst on Letterman blehargh 03-22-01 8
           RE: Probst on Letterman IceCat 03-22-01 9
               RE: Probst on Letterman blehargh 03-22-01 10
                   RE: Probst on Letterman IceCat 03-23-01 11
                       RE: Probst on Letterman PepeLePew13 03-23-01 12
                           RE: Probst on Letterman blehargh 03-23-01 14
                       RE: Probst on Letterman blehargh 03-23-01 13
                       RE: Probst on Letterman Minstrel 03-23-01 15
                           RE: Probst on Letterman blehargh 03-23-01 16
 RE: RODGER to go in E9 SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-01, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "IceCat walks quietly across the stage..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-01 AT 08:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-20-01 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

... and places the following sign in the middle of the single spotlight...

Ladies and gentlemen... may we introduce... the clownprince of flamedom... our own resident 'shaker and baker'....

<the suspense is delicious>

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-01, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Grumpy Angel, better put on the sunscreen....."
Hey Grumpy,

this "spoiler" has already been thorouhgly discussed on this board earlier in the week. It was dismissed in about 3 seconds as quite possibly the dumbest, most non-believable load of crap ever posted on this message board.

I'm not going to explain all the obvious reasons why you should've laughed at this "spoiler" and simply moved on rather than post about it, so I will instead leave you with 3 simple words that should explain everything to you.....

BLINDFOLD HORSEBACK RIDING

nuff said

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the sunscreen....."
That's much better. Nothing really personal or vitriolic, got the message across.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-01, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the sunscreen....."
Very nice Shakes, didn't realize you were such a sensitive guy!

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-01, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Grumpy Angel, better put on the sunscreen....."
And Shakes doesn't wear blindfolds, but we've seen him ride a few broncs!

blehargh 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blehargh Click to send private message to blehargh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RODGER to go in E9"
don't discount rodger getting hurt. i totally agree however that the horseback riding is bull, but next week's challenge is an obstacle course and falling down should be easy. and oh. to offer more proof that someone else will get hurt...

http://play.rbn.com/?url=cbs/cbs/g2demand/entertainment/mini/lateshow/survivor2/probst.rm&plugin=1&proto=rtsp

go about halfway into the interview. probst plainly tells you that 2 people are hurt during this survivor.

03-22-01, 05:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Probst on Letterman"
Thanks for the post blehargh, I had not seen the entire interview before. I think that you may have misheard Probst, though. He says 'two people' in response to Letterman's joke that 'two people get killed'. I don't think that we can infer that two people get hurt from that statement.

IceCat

03-22-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blehargh Click to send private message to blehargh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
if you listen carefully tho. it's probst who's starting this whole line of thought.

(paraphrasing here)

probst - "if people don't think survivor is real. this time there are 2 people..."

dave - "two people are killed?"

probst laughing - "yeah. 2 people are killed"

sure probst goes along with dave about the killed people, but he's the one that starts the sentence and offers the number 2...

03-22-01, 08:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
Letterman says 'people get killed' first.

Then Probst says 'Yeah, 2 people get killed'

Probst does say 2 first but I think its just in response to Letterman's joke about people getting killed.

IceCat

03-22-01, 11:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
hey ice,

i totally agree with you that probst is responding to dave when he's saying "2 people are killed", but i still think the important part of this comes before dave interjects. why does probst bring up the fact that people don't think that the show is real. and how could they show that it is real? if some contestant get injured, right? don't you think that's where probst was going if dave didn't interrupt?

heh. it doesn't sound like i'm gonna change your mind. but i'm trying.

03-23-01, 06:12 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
Ok I'm convinced

I see your point. I suppose that the number two didn't just come out of the ether. Probst was on a train of thought (about 'real' incidents) when Letterman made his joke. Since Probst then blurts out '2 people get killed', it could indicate that he was about to say something about 2 people being involved in something 'real'. It is definitely worth continuing to monitor.

IceCat

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-01 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

> (paraphrasing here)
>
> probst - "if people don't think survivor is real.
> this time there are 2 people..."
>
> dave - "two people are killed?"
>
> probst laughing - "yeah. 2 people are killed"

let's not forget that the CBS spin doctors (or MB himself) would be monitoring every official appearance on CBS shows by a Survivor personnel so if anyone said something more revealing than intended, they would just step in and edit the show. Letterman is filmed in the afternoon so there would be plenty of time for some editing to be done and Dave could easily have dubbed over this part and/or moved the interjection into place to cloud the issue further. I believe that Anal-Probe-st was about to say that there are two people seriously hurt but it was ordered to be edited out.

This still isn't a real spoiler because for all as we know, someone could get a parasite or a snakebite developing into something big a few days AFTER already been booted out...

Edited to add: I tend to believe spoiler material on OTHER networks more strongly than I would believe on CBS shows since there are fewer puppet-masters in control at other networks especially NBC who probably wouldn't mind taking some of the fun and suspense out of CBS.

03-23-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
true. i suppose we dont' have nay control over the CBS spin machine. i'm very loathe to accept things that MB says directly just cause he's the one spinning everything, but i think it's hard to control the people below that. probst and the contestants can't be monitored 24/7 for things they say.

to me it sounds real enough. and i think it would take a fair amount of effort to cover it up. and not to mention the audience is there too. and how many people are actually paying attention to the information? not many it seems are very interested.

ah well. i suppose we'll find out soon enough anyways.

i hope it does tho!

03-23-01, 05:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
woohoo! thanks for the support icecat! i'll have to work on pepe now. hahha.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
IceCat, I had to pick the post that best fits my reply and yours was it. JP could have been referring to almost anything and since Letterman always screws up his hosts so they either never get a complete sentence in or it shifts topics so quick the guest never answers half his questions.

JP could have begun to say 2 strong tribes (as opposed to one in S1). I say this because he said "this time." Last time there was no injury to speak of. Yeah, Colleen got bites, etc., and Sue got stung by a sting ray, but really, those were harmless.

And, while Rodger may get hurt (or even anyone else), certainly not from the horse crap spoiler.

03-23-01, 08:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Probst on Letterman"
minstrel, lemme state this first...

I TOTALLY AGREE THERE IS NO WAY THE BLINDFOLDED HORSE THING WILL EVER HAPPEN ON SURVIVOR.

there.

the thing to focus on here is not _how_ rodger broke his collarbone, but that _he injured his collarbone_

so i believe the rumor is a half truth. and the probst chat confirms at the very least that someone else besides mike gets seriously injured.

sure Probst could have been saying that there were 2 strong tribes. but logically it doesn't follow from what probst was saying. which was "if people don't believe survivor is real, then 2 people..." what would make people think survivor isn't real? if the people there are basically setup so nothing bad can happen to them right? doesn't that logically follow? and even more proof that this does logically follow is dave's response of (jokingly) assuming the worst. "2 people are killed?" which means that dave also thought that probst's comment was leaning towards something bad happening.

forget the frickin' horse rumor. focus on rodger (or someone else) being injured. please.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RODGER to go in E9"
While I don't believe the Spoiler about the "Blindfold Horseback Riding", nor do I believe that horses will be used at any time (the contestants might eat them), it would be a good red herring for MB to put out something that is a mixture of truth and fiction. Let me put this thought into y'all's heads:

Rodger injures his shoulder in either the RC or the IC, but not on horseback.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •