The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary - The Complex Ep. 4 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-23-04, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary - The Complex Ep. 4 "
The Flintstones Go to Las Vegas

Apparently, Mother Nature doesn’t like me writing recaps for Reality TV World. Once again, my reality tv viewing was interrupted by rotten weather, this time thanks to Ivan. Unfortunately, even Ivan wasn’t powerful enough to wash Rose off my tv screen. *sigh*

Last week on The Complex, Rose got her verticals and got rid of Kim and Carl. It was a good week for her.

Upper complex has a meeting and comments on how they have no other choice but to go for broke. Lower complex celebrates with a bottle of champagne and Brad and Lew talk about how their apartment has been #1 three weeks straight. Rose interviews that “Their room was #1 again. They act like they're gods or something.” Compared to you, honey? Oh, believe me, they are. Rose says she initially wanted to win for the money to help her kids and grandkids, but now she wants to win just to stuff it in their faces. Well, with her solid design scheme of vertical blinds in place, how can she lose?

Mail call! The next room is the living room. Total budget - $14,000. $11,000 in cash and a $3,000 Sears gift card. Brad and Lew also have the extra $2,000 for being the winning room of last week. Time – 5 days. Lower complex agrees on Ana as property manager and Steve will do the job for upper complex.

Brad and Lew are going to keep it simple this week and not focus on building a ton of stuff. Plus, they know that Scotty is upstairs designing his head off, trying to come up with something to outdo them. Indeed, Scotty is drawing an elaborate picture of an idea for Sam and talking about what he wants to do. Sam finally says “They’re just faux columns,” and basically tells him it’s a stupid idea.

In apartment #4, Ana says that she wants to keep the view of the ocean the central theme of the room (good call) and that the furniture should be white. Dave talks about doing something modern and Barney immediately jumps on the idea of doing a waterfall on the wall opposite from the ocean view. Yeah….because why look at the natural beauty of the ocean when you can look at a real live fake waterfall?! What a tool. Ana says she doesn’t like the waterfall, so Barney responds maturely by throwing his pencil on the table and Rose walks out. Rose and Barney then get in a fight about her walking out and the whole situation ends up with Barney throwing down his pencil again and saying “Do what yous want,” and Rose leaving saying “I’m outta here.” Promise? Can I get that in writing please?

Everyone starts ripping up old flooring, molding and the like. Excuse me, but didn’t they do this the first day? In lower complex, Dave says he doesn’t want to go shopping with Ana because she can’t make up her mind, so he and Barney go instead. They’re definitely the two I’d want picking out my furniture. Rose and Ana pull staples out of the floor. Eventually, the guys come back, bragging about the couch they picked out. Ana gets the hiccups (because that’s what she does when she sees ugly furniture) and asks if they store will take returns if she doesn’t like it. Rose and Barney tell her she’s going to have to deal with it because the decision is final.

In apartment #4, they lay the floor. As they finish, the very last board breaks. Somehow, Barney convinces Brad and Lew to pick up an extra board for them. When they guys get to the flooring store to buy the floor for their apartment, they get distracted by some cute kittens in the store and totally forget to get the extra board. Barney, of course, thinks this is a huge conspiracy against them so apartment #4 will lose. Yeah, because deliberately making your apartment lose so you can get rid of some competition isn’t a conspiracy at all.

Just over 24 hours to go, Steve basically throws Nicole out so she can buy some furniture. Brad and Lew finish laying the floor and painting the walls. Meanwhile, apartment #4 sits around on their balcony, bragging about how far ahead they are. Steve tells Sam she has to go shopping with Nicole.

Tyler pops his head in and asks Steve to round up all the contestants and gives them their 24 hour warning, then shakes things up a bit. He tells them that they have to switch apartments with their teammates and cannot work at all on their original apartments. So that means Steve and Nicole can only work on Sam and Scotty’s apartment and vice versa, and Dave, Ana, Barney and Rose can only work on Brad and Lew’s apartment and vice versa. Teams can act as advisors on their original apartments, but nothing else.

The first to complain, of course, are Rose and Barney. Rose says she’s pissed because they have to basically start from scratch and Barney whines that now he has to cut more molding. Brad and Lew comment on how this is basically another form of sabotage. They talk about how they have to abandon three projects for their apartment because there’s no way the other team could make them.

Upstairs, Sam and Nicole go power shopping to finish decorating their rooms. Sam basically chooses everything. Meanwhile, Scotty and Steve work on their apartments. Scotty says the shake-up isn’t that big a deal to them because they’d been working together since the first day anyway. Steve comments on how he can’t wait to see how Brad and Lew direct the “four clowns from apartment #1” in finishing their apartment. Steve apparently knows all of Brad and Lew’s plans because he talks about the desk-corner unit the guys were planning to build. Scotty says “They’re basically screwed.”

Barney does the bare minimum on Brad and Lew’s building projects, but Dave pitches in and says that he actually learned some stuff from them. Awww…Dave just moved back a spot on my jack@ss meter. (Barney and Rose are still steaming all ahead full.)

The couch arrives for apartment #1. The four of them look on, especially Ana, as Brad and Lew remove the cover. It’s hard to tell anything at first, but Ana says the couch could cost them and Brad and Lew say it’s very “Flintstones go to Las Vegas.” Hee hee. Barney and Rose talk about all the colors in the 8 zillion colored rug and Ana just looks disgusted. We finally get a glimpse of the sectional sofa and I’m not even sure I can describe it. Looking from the end, the arms and the bottom form a C shape and the seat cushion seems to be stuck in the middle of that. It’s an L shape and the back is essentially a low padded shelf. The arms and bottom are dark brown and the seat is a tan color. Ana comments that instead of looking modern and fresh, it looks retro and 70s. She tells her teammates they can’t decide if they want retro or modern as she gestures at the couch and a more modern table against the wall. The team asks what’s retro and Ana replies “The couch!” Seriously, I’m expecting Kelso, Hyde, Fez and Eric to come in and get into their little pot-smoking circle any second.

4 hours to go. Upper complex is completely exhausted. Ana is in Brad and Lew’s apartment, putting last minute details into place, while Barney, Rose and Dave sit on the balcony of apartment #4. Rose brags that apartment #4 is going to come in first and that Brad and Lew’s apartment is going to come in last and they’re going to knock themselves out of the game. Ugh…I just can’t come up with any more responses to her stupidity.

Upstairs, everyone rushes around finish up last minute details like hanging curtains, etc. Tyler shows up and blows his horn. Everyone walks outside – Ana is still hanging with Brad and Lew. I’m sure she probably wanted some intelligent conversation. Tyler tells upper complex their votes cancel each other out and that lower complex will be the only one putting a couple up for eviction.

In apartment #1, Steve and Nicole broke the room up into two sections. Immediately inside the front door (Wait, I thought that was in the bedroom?!) there is a small seating area with two chairs. In the middle of the room is a dark brown leather sofa with a dark brown wood table behind it. Opposite the sofa is another table with a flat screen tv on it. White paint on the walls, white gauzy curtains on the windows, not much of anything on the walls. Overall, a safe room, nothing to write home about. Steve tells the judges how every inch of molding is sanded. The judges comment on the curtains being too short and that it would be better to have the room be a whole instead of two sections.

Apartment #2’s layout is IDENTICAL to #1’s, except with different furniture. They also painted the walls a taupe color. It’s a bit warmer and cozier then the room in apartment #1. The only major comment is that the couch should be facing the ocean view, not a tv.

In apartment #3, Brad and Lew built a tv unit into the corner of the two front walls. A light brown, L-shaped sectional sofa is in the middle, again kind of breaking up the room. White walls, hardwood floors and gauzy curtains covering the windows leading into the corner, but not the sliding glass doors to the deck. On the back wall are two wire mesh chairs, with pillows in shades of blue and green on them. Matching accent pillows are on the couch. One judge comments on the shabby construction work (gee, whose fault could that be?) and another comments on the layout of the room, saying it basically goes to the front door, which conveys of a message “Gee, thanks for coming but don’t stay too long.”

Oh, please, do I have to describe this? Okay. In #4, the big screen tv is in the same corner as in Brad and Lew’s, but the couch is oriented a little differently, so that it separates the room from the front door. The couch is ugly as sin, there’s a glass, kidney shaped coffee table in front of it and there’s a strange-looking bookcase along a side wall. Thin, small curtains decorate the windows and there’s no decoration on the white walls. The judges tear the couch to shreds. One judge asks Ana about the couch and she can’t respond without laughing at it. He tells Ana when he looks at the room, he thinks it’s a bad dream after too much junk food. Ana says she can’t wait to tell her team how much the judges hated the couch.

For what must be the third week, Ana and Dave debate if they’re going to vote Rose and Barney or Brad and Lew. We all know how this is going to turn out. Upper complex says they’re going into this together and they know they’re the long shot.

Lumberyard. Apartment #1 spent approximately $12,700, #2 spent approximately $14,500, #3 spent approximately $ 14,500 (and still had over $5k leftover – you know Brad and Lew wanted to burn a lot more of that in case they did lose, just so Barney and Rose wouldn’t get it.) and #4 spent approximately $11,400. Hmm…the cheapest costing one looked the cheapest…strange how that works, huh?

The room that added the most is the living room in apartment #1. Upper complex celebrates their first victory.

Onto the couples up for eviction. Lower complex of course puts Brad and Lew up for eviction. Because upper complex’s votes cancel each other, a random draw will be done. A wheelbarrow holds two shovels stuck in sand. One says Steve and Nicole, the other says Scotty and Sam. Brad and Lew draw the shovel with Steve and Nicole’s names.

Brad and Lew have the sound off opportunity for the team. They talk about how they tried to be teammates and work with them. Barney and Rose, of course, mock everything they say. Steve and Nicole have nothing but good things to say about Scotty and Sam.

The living room that has added the least value to The Complex: Malibu is the living room in apartment #4. Upper complex immediately celebrate – Sam even jumps up and wraps her legs around Steve – not sure if that’s a smart thing to do to another woman’s boyfriend, but whatever. Sucks for Brad and Lew – the one team that was truly talented. The remaining teams are told they won’t have to return to the lumberyard and that it’s now every team for themselves. They have three weeks to finish the remaining rooms, including the decks. One final twist – one couple from apartment #4 has to move into apartment #3. As property manager, Ana gets to draw from the wheelbarrow. If she draws a shovel with a star, she and Dave get to choose. If the shovel is blank, Barney and Rose get to choose. The shovel is blank, Barney and Rose choose to stay in #4. Well, let's just go ahead and give the win to Dave and Ana. Just another piece of proof that they’re IDIOTS!!! On the other hand, thank goodness, because they'd probably mess up the rooms Brad and Lew worked so hard on.

Brad and Lew pack and said they knew it was coming. They say they’re sorry they got stuck with their teammates because they sucked all the life and joy out of it.

Bidding in the reserve auction starts at $500,000 per unit. Next week, the final couples go head to head to finish the remaining rooms.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
Searching for Jillian Barberie since 2004.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary - The Complex ... volsfan 09-23-04 1
 RE: Official Summary - The Complex ... arkiegrl 09-23-04 2
 Thanks Starry Luna! MTW1961 09-24-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-04, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary - The Complex Ep. 4 "
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-04 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

Great job!

I must say that I never get tired of bashing DA1 and DA2 because they have to be the dumbest people to ever grace reality tv! They have to!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary - The Complex Ep. 4 "
Well, with her solid design scheme of vertical blinds in place, how can she lose? <-- This made me LOL!

Great job, Luna! I missed this episode, but after reading your summary, it's probably just as well. I would have thrown something at the TV - I cannot believe just how much I HATE DA 1 & 2.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-24-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Thanks Starry Luna!"
I am now ready to go for episode 5! And you did a great job describing the couch. Also:

I’m expecting Kelso, Hyde, Fez and Eric to come in and get into their little pot-smoking circle any second.

Heh!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •