The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Keith hosting Detroit benefit on Friday, April 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Keith hosting Detroit benefit on Friday, April 6"
Keith is hosting a benefit for some charity in Detroit on April 6....here is a quoto on who will be attending:

"""The book party is shaping up to look like a Survivor reunion.
Former fellow survivors Maralyn "Mad Dog" Hershey and Michael Skupin, the latter from White Lake, will be at the party, and survivors Tina Wesson and Rodger Bingham may also show up.""""

...so, what does this all mean. First lets look at the obvious. It is assumed that once you are voted out, you fl to New York for the Early Show on Friday morning..then you do several New York media interviews throughout the weekend cummulating with an appearance on Letterman Monday night. then, its off to LA for more media interviews.

So, if Keith has a benefit scheduled for April 6, we can assume he doesn't go in E#10 since that is on April 5. Also, if Rodger and Tina are gonna DEFINITELY be there (the article says maybe) then we can assume the same for them...

Granted this does not really help us that much since we pretty much knew that Keith and tina weren't going anywhere soon, but lets look at something else as well.

How does this spoiler fit into the "good guys alliance" theory that MB is trying to shove down our throat. We already know that Tina is friends with Rodger, and now we hear about Keith most likely being friends with him as well..although this spoiler isn't conclusive as to the existence of the alliance, it can definitely go in the pile of circumstantial evidence supporting such a theory.

Here is the link to the article:

http://detnews.com/2001/entertainment/0103/17/e01-200446.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Keith and Rodger friends? Krautboy 03-18-01 1
   RE: Keith and Rodger friends? shakes the clown 03-18-01 2
 RE: Keith hosting Detroit benefit o... Play2Survive 03-18-01 3
 RE: Questions!! I've got questions... Dalton 03-18-01 4
   RE: Questions!! I've got questions... shakes the clown 03-18-01 5
       RE: Questions!! Thanks Shakes........ Dalton 03-18-01 6
           RE: extra "episode" janisella 03-19-01 8
 Chicken or the egg AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 7
   RE: Chicken or the egg DivaByTheSea 03-19-01 9
   RE: Chicken or the egg MDSkinner 03-19-01 10
       Keith and Tina AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 11
   RE: Chicken or the egg Play2Survive 03-23-01 13
   RE: Chicken or the egg Ogaalltheway 03-23-01 14
   RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no dif... Dalton 03-23-01 15
       RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no dif... Play2Survive 03-23-01 16
       RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no dif... Lisapooh 03-23-01 17
           RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no dif... Loree 03-23-01 18
               Dalton's theory flying squirrel 03-23-01 19
 Not a spoiler... yet. RAS 03-23-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-18-01, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Keith and Rodger friends?"
Shakes, I think Rodger and Keith have respect for each other as people as well as competitors.

We saw in EP8 when Rodger and Keith were fishing together and Rodger said something like..." It looks like one of you five(Ogakor) is going to be a millionaire." and Keith responded with something like, "Don't count yourself out yet."

When Keith won immunity Roger shook his hand. Another example of mutual respect and maybe Roger playing the game...

They are both older, seem to have similiar values, have a mutual dislike for Jerri, and both get along with Tina.

Even if Roger gets booted this week, I would see him going to Keiths benefit. But an alliance forming would not be surprising either.

03-18-01, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Keith and Rodger friends?"
Yeah Krautboy, I definitely agree that we can't draw anything conclusive from this article, but if other evidence starts to surface to make the case for a "good guy alliance" then we can always use this as supportive evidence...on its own it doesn't hold much water, but grouped w/ other evidence it would help to build a case.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Keith hosting Detroit benefit on Friday, April 6"
This may help us after Episode 9. It is doubtful, as you point out, that Keith or Tina would be a viable target in E10, but Rodger very well could be. It's a couple weeks off, so if we hear more about Rodger definitively attending this event, and if he's still in the game, it could be a spoiler. A little too early to be sure.

Good find, shakes.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick. (Title remains, recasting inevitable).

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Questions!! I've got questions......"
Number One: Is the following statement right or wrong?

Survivor2 - Episode 9 being aired Wednesday,
March 21, 2001 is (according to CBSsite) only showing
clips of "highlights" that happened in the previous
24 days; including "heretofore UNSEEN footage"
(ie. the good shite on the cutting room floor).

Thus, E9 (3/21) will have NO Immunity Challenge;
NO Tribal Council; and NO ONE is BOOTED OFF!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Number Two: What Ever Happened to Thursday, March 29, 2001???

Shakes, when you say in your post above---"we can assume
he (Keith) doesn't go in E#10 since that is on April 5."
-----I had a brain pain. E#9 is on 3/21.
Then we all know S2 is returning to its usual
Thur/7pm slot. So, according to my calendar,
Episode 10 airs on Thursday, March 29th!!!!

If I am using the wrong type of calendar, please advise!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Number Three:

How long are you guys going to hang on to the slim
hope that Elisabeth makes it into the Final Three???

Dalton

03-18-01, 01:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Questions!! I've got questions......"
>Number One: Is the following statement
>right or wrong?
>
>Survivor2 - Episode 9 being aired
>Wednesday,
>March 21, 2001 is (according to
>CBSsite) only showing
>clips of "highlights" that happened in
>the previous
>24 days; including "heretofore UNSEEN footage"
>
>(ie. the good shite on the
>cutting room floor).

...yes,that's true.

>
>Thus, E9 (3/21) will have NO
>Immunity Challenge;
>NO Tribal Council; and NO ONE
>is BOOTED OFF!!!

....now, that's wrong, there will be no episode on thursday of this week b/c of the NCAA tournament.

Episode #9 will be on Thursday, March 29 which means that E#10 will be on April 5.

>Shakes, when you say in your
>post above---"we can assume
>he (Keith) doesn't go in E#10
>since that is on April
>5."
>-----I had a brain pain.
>E#9 is on 3/21.
>Then we all know S2 is
>returning to its usual
>Thur/7pm slot. So, according to
>my calendar,
>Episode 10 airs on Thursday, March
>29th!!!!
>

....here is the problem, this week's episode is not considered E#9 b/c it is a highlight show, therfore when the show starts up again on 3/27 that will be considered E#9, which puts us back on schedule for E#10 to be on April 5.

03-18-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Questions!! Thanks Shakes......"
I've got it now. Wed. 3/21 show is MB's sorry
attempt at shagging the few million TV viewers
who aren't watching S2. This sort of blatant
media whoring doesn't deserve a "number";
just call it "The Lost Episode" or, as you
pointed out elsewhere, the eppy that gets MB
into May Sweeps.

Indeed, E#9 is next week on 3/29.
Making E#10 airing April 5.

Dalton

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-01, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: extra "episode""
Dalton,

I think Wednesday's blooper episode, as I like to call it, is for the benefit of us fans who will analyze every frame looking for spoilers. MB appreciates us on some level and is throwing us a bone, while CBS makes an extra episode's worth of commercial fees. At any rate, I can't wait to see this board on Thursday morning.

J.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-01, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Chicken or the egg"
shakes, I love this story, because it makes me feel better about my theory that Rodger gets booted in E9 and Jerri then goes in E10. What a perfect day for a benefit -- the day after America's "beeggest beetch" gets canned by Keith, Tina and Colby.

But the identity of the people attending (especially Rodger)raises a "chicken or the egg" type question:

Tina: attending because she is Keith's "spiritual sister" (and, in my analysis, went to the final three with him)

Maralyn: attending because she's Tina's best friend, even though Tina stabbed her in the back.

Michael: attending because it's a local Detroit benefit with his new good friend Keith.

Now the hard ones:

Rodger: attending because of Keith? OR because HIS best friend Michael is there, and he owes Michael a return visit? Personally, I think the latter is the more likely reason. Rodger is there for the same reason Maralyn is there.

Colby: NOT attending because of ... getting voted off by Keith and Tina before the final three?

To me, this spoiler definitely proves two things:
1. Keith, Tina and Rodger are not booted in E10 (though Rodger may have gone in E9).
2. Keith and Tina were together to the end.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Chicken or the egg"
I don't think that Rodger goes in E9. I really think he'll be there past E10 now. Keith's comment about "don't count yourself out" plus the general way they communicate (or at least what's being shown to us on TV) seems to relate that they genuinely like/respect one another. They are the only two older men out there now.

As for Jerri going in E10--I like your idea that it would be a great 'come-upance' for them to have a party the day after she goes. I think that she may survive E9 as well, but not any more.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-01, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chicken or the egg"
>>2. Keith and Tina were together to the end.

I agree with everything that you say, but wanted to make a comment on this statement. I think that yes this does show that these two will stick together, it does not say that they will necessarily make it to the end(of the game that is). I think it shows that they will stay together until their time on the show has ended, but this does not prove that they make the final two(though right now it seems very likely).

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-01, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Keith and Tina"
I agree that they were not necessarily the final two -- see below:
Final four: 1st Keith, 2nd Amber, 3rd Tina, 4th Colby

03-23-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Chicken or the egg"
I'm glad that RAS brought this thread back to top - Welcome RAS - because it was a good reminder for me. I'm very close to being convinced that Rodger and Jerri are the next two to go, but I've had a tough time determining which goes first. IF Rodger does in fact attend this event, then it can't be him in E10, which puts my predictions in line with yours AyaK:

E9: Rodger
E10: Jerri

Let's hope there's more press on this event before E9 airs.

Ogaalltheway 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogaalltheway Click to send private message to Ogaalltheway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Chicken or the egg"
Personally, I think K/T stick together and reach final four, though from there, what happens is anybody's guess.

I've been thinking all along that a Kucha male will go in E9, and that male will be Rodger. I also think that Jerri will go in E10. This way, Rodger will be done with his press tour in time to make Keith's party.

Tina, on the other hand, will more then likely still be alive in the outback come April 6, and this being the case, is unlikely to show for Keith, regardless of them being spiritual brother/sister, not because she doesn't want to attend, but because she can't. This is such a high profile event, not like the local tennis tourney she did or the cooking things Keith did in Vegas, that non-bootees are probably prohibited from things of this nature. Why then could Keith host it? Well, because I'd be willing to bet it was planned for a long time, and how would it look for MB to put the lid on Keith doing it?
Unless, and here's the shocker, Keith gets the boot in E9, which would go with the part of the preview that states "something shocking will happen that will have everyone talking the next day." Shocking, to me, would be Keith's boot. Unlikely, but if that's the case, then Rodger and Tina are both still alive come 4/6 and won't attend.

Yes, Mad Dog and Tina are still friends, but Mad Dog is also friends with Keith. I find it interesting that Colby is not mentioned, because he seemingly gets along with T/K. Why is he left out? Maybe cause T/K vote for him in an upcoming eppy. And what about Liz? If she's so close to Rodger, and befriending K/T, why has she been left out of the potential guests? Maybe cause she beats Tina in a final vote?

03-23-01, 05:49 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no difference"
>shakes, I love this story, because
>it makes me feel better
>about my theory that Rodger
>gets booted in E9 and
>Jerri then goes in E10.
>
>>>

While not trying to make you guys doubt your
above theory......open yourselves up to an alternate theory
that next week in E-9 Oga (Colby/Keith/Tina,
dragging J&A) BOOT OFF the last remaining
KuchoKooCutie who is a REAL threat-----Elisabeth!!!
Kinda leaves Prayin' Rodger and mute/lazy Nick up the
wellknown sh*t-creek looking for a paddle, doesn't it???

Rodger, Tina, Keith, Maralyn, Michael all attending
this charity event in April, more blah,blah,blah...

Colby NOT attending....AHA see; now there is a spoiler!!!

Burnett HAS to keep Colby away from these kind of functions
because the poor boy is not a good enough actor to hide
that stupid, silly grin on his face at winning the MILLION.
In public he would be a dead give away!!! LOL.

Also, just a Reminder w/a capital "R"....
How far...OUT the window...are you guys going to
have to throw all your hard work AFTER
Colby WINS the next three out of five
individual Immunity Challenges and can
NOT be voted against??????

For pity sakes, wake up! Colby hasn't even begun to
TRY to win IC's yet; but only because he hasn't had
to....that will change!! And yeah, same could be said for
Nick, but Nick is a nobody...MB wouldn't have shown us
plenty of the Colbster and nada of the Nickster if Nick
was going to win this damn thing; cause it is bad teevee.

Just dropping a hint of acid rain into the Spoiler
pool to see if it helps stir the truth to the top.

Dalton

03-23-01, 06:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no difference"
>How far...OUT the window...are you guys
>going to have to throw all your hard
>work AFTER Colby WINS the next three out
>of five individual Immunity Challenges and can
>NOT be voted against??????

Here's why I feel very strongly that people overrate Colby's ability to win immunity.

1) Challenges aren't all physical: the first two individual challenges did not favor Colby in the least. A big guy is not going to be strong with a standing endurance challenge. And that game last week was about the dumbest thing MB has done. Whoever thought of that should be working for Big Brother. Point being: MB tries to come up with challenges that anyone can potentially win.

2) Even if they become more physically laborsome, Colby ain't all that. Just because he's the show's stud and has a couple muscles, people assume he's the most athletic. He's not a natural athlete - like a Tina (triathlete) or Alicia (trainer) - he customizes cars.

Anyway, I agree that he has a shot at any challenge, but by no means do I think he should be the hands-down favorite either. If you're right Dalton, I'll publically acknowledge it. We shall see.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no difference"

Another thing that I don't think anyone has considered is the budget that the charity organizers are working with. They have travel costs and most likely appearance fees to consider. They may have wanted to bring everyone in and can't afford to. So they are bringing in people who are geographically close (Rodger, Michael) and people who are one-liner wizards (Maralyn) and someone who is tied on the show to Keith (Tina).

I'm not sayimg this is the only possibility - but I think there is more spoiler value in who we can rule out based on the TIMING of the event (E10 bootee would be doing publicity) rather than drawing conclusions about motivations or lingering loyalties

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Chickens/Eggs......Makes no difference"
I also think Colby not being there doesn't mean anything. Texas is a long ways away. Not everyone can get the extra time to just pick up and go to every function. Unless they were really close friends or live close by. I don't think it is unusual that certain players aren't at Keith's.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Dalton's theory"
Let's be honest. Any Ogakor save Jerri could win S2. Nevertheless, I agree with Loree; it doesn't seem too strange that Colby isn't there. In fact, the one link the people attending Keith's gathering have is AGE -- Michael is the "baby" of the five people attending -- and Colby would be out of place.

RAS 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RAS Click to send private message to RAS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Not a spoiler... yet."
Just wanted to let you all know that I bought my ticket for this event today. It's sounds like a pretty snazzy party (tickets are $75 apiece) so I'm not sure how tacky I'll look carrying around a tape recorder. I'll just try to rely on my memory and bring back what spoilers I can. Like Kel's phone number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •