The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

Forget what Buggy said in her thread. She knows nothing. NOTHING! I, yes I, have gotten access to the tapes of what happens in the next three shows and I am prepared to spoil them for you now. I don’t want everyone to know this stuff, so don’t tell the folks on the spoiler board. I tried to tell them, but they wanted facts and evidence. Sheesh. Some people.

Episode 10 – Airdate April 26, 2005

The second of three non-elimination rounds. The teams get out of the gate okay, but have trouble when they come to the first task. It’s a roadblock. Uchenna agrees to do it, then, when it is revealed that the roadblock involves the person shaving all facial hair, opts to take the four-hour penalty instead, causing an irreparable rift between him and Joyce. Rob and Ron have no trouble with the roadblock. Meredith and Gretchen oversleep and arrive at the roadblock just as Uchenna’s penalty expires. Misreading the clue, Gretchen climbs on Meredith’s shoulders as he is shaved. Meanwhile, Romber and Ronkel arrive at the detour, which involves a choice between bribing civilians or bribing officials. Romber goes for bribing civilians. Ron theorizes that his military experience will give him an advantage at bribing officials. (It’s during the roadblock that Kelly makes her commitment statement.) The final finish – Romber first (they get another prize), Ronkel second, Uchenna and Joyce third, Meredith and Gretchen last. As it is a non-elim, Phil asks them to turn over all their belongings again. After wrestling the new backpack from Gretchen, he turns and asks Meredith to turn over his hearing aid batteries. Meredith sheepishly admits he tossed out the batteries in South America so that “Gretchen would appear to be talking in a normal speaking voice.” As a non-elimination punishment, Phil puts new batteries in the hearing aid.

Episode 11 – Airdate May 3, 2005

The teams take off. There’s a yield at the first task. Out of spite, and just to see what happens, Romber yield themselves, causing Ron and Kelly to come to a complete standstill. They wait patiently for the hourglass to empty, then start racing again once Romber start again. In the meantime, Uchenna and Joyce pass them. Still smarting from the POW comment, Ron kills Kelly when she says at the detour “What do you want to do now Mr. Give-Up-To-The-Enemy?” He continues the rest of the leg dragging her corpse with him. This of course speeds him up. Uchenna and Joyce run into trouble when Joyce spends too much time looking at other women’s long hair. Meredith and Gretchen are slowed down when Gretchen climbs on Meredith’s shoulders as he is running down a taxi. The order of finish is Ron and Zombie Kelly first (no first place prize), Uchenna and Joyce second, Romber third (they are awarded a third-place prize), Meredith and Gretchen a distant last. However, Ron is given a four-hour penalty for killing Kelly. The penalty is about to expire when Meredith and Gretchen arrive, beating the penalty by seconds, keeping them in the race and sending Ron and Zombie Kelly to sequesterville.

Episode 12 Part One – Airdate May 10, 2005

Uchenna and Joyce take off first. Well, they would have if Joyce hadn’t been busy taping grass to her head as a new hairpiece. Romber zoom past them, riding the vehicle provided by the producers to the next task. Meredith and Gretchen get into the car and drive to the detour, the left blinker blinking the entire trip. As she is reading the clue, Gretchen discovers that their flight will be showing a Matlock Marathon. This causes Meredith to speed up and arrive at the airport the same time as the other two teams. All three look to make the flight to the final city, Boston. However, Joyce gets distracted at the airport by a wig shop, and she and Uchenna miss the plane, effectively eliminating them from the race.

Romber are off the plane first. Instead of taking a taxi, they grab Rob’s car, which has been in long-term parking since before the race began. They get to the city proper in no time. Meredith and Gretchen aren’t so lucky, however. Gretchen’s shrieks cause part of the Ted Williams tunnel to collapse trapping the older team. Rob takes advantage of this to show Amber around Boston, running to all his old haunts. The tour ends with Fenway, coincidentally the site of the final pitstop. As they amble to Phil, Rob is set upon by a crazed stalker – Lex. Lex tackles Rob, giving Meredith and Gretchen (Gretchen still riding Meredith’s shoulders) the chance to pass them by and win the race. Romber are second, and CBS gives them a million as a consolation prize.

So, there it is. Don’t tell anyone where you heard this, okay?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Surveysez 04-20-05 1
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Seana 04-20-05 2
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win mtopaz 04-20-05 3
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win zipperhead 04-20-05 4
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win okaychatt 04-20-05 5
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win nailbone 04-20-05 6
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win seahorse 04-20-05 7
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win sittem 04-20-05 8
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Drive My Car 04-20-05 9
   RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Devious Weasel 04-21-05 11
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win guyRaven 04-21-05 10
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win dragonflies 04-21-05 12
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Femme 04-21-05 13
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win fleaismycat 04-22-05 14
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win clemsonbeav 04-22-05 15
   RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win Ambassador9 04-23-05 16
 RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win probably clueless 04-23-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-20-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
dragging her corpse with him

Pure, unadulterated evil genius.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
> ...if Joyce hadn’t been busy taping grass to her head as a new hairpiece.

> As a non-elimination punishment, Phil puts new batteries in the hearing aid.

> Out of spite, and just to see what happens, Romber yield themselves, causing Ron and Kelly to come to a complete standstill.

I was foolish to try reading this while eating lunch. I nearly choked.

M/G winning is too horrible to seriously contemplate.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-20-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
... the left blinker blinking the entire trip. As she is reading the clue, Gretchen discovers that their flight will be showing a Matlock Marathon. This causes Meredith to speed up and arrive at the airport the same time as the other two teams.

Bwahaaaaahaaaaahaaaa!

As they amble to Phil, Rob is set upon by a crazed stalker –– Lex. Lex tackles Rob, giving Meredith and Gretchen (Gretchen still riding Meredith’’s shoulders) the chance to pass them by and win the race. Romber are second, and CBS gives them a million as a consolation prize.

ROFLMAO!

Thank you Weasel for making my morning a whole lot funnier.

Sig pic by JSlice

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Killer entertainment Weasel!!!

>Misreading
>the clue, Gretchen climbs on
>Meredith’s shoulders as he is
>shaved.

The visuals on that one alone will keep me chuckling for a couple of hours.

>As a non-elimination punishment,
>Phil puts new batteries in
>the hearing aid.

Oh, how cruel!

>There’s a
>yield at the first task.
>Out of spite, and just
>to see what happens, Romber
>yield themselves, causing Ron and
>Kelly to come to a
>complete standstill.

And I bet they would, too!

>He continues the rest of
>the leg dragging her corpse
>with him.

Now THAT would be worth watching for a couple of hours. Any Roadblocks he doesn't want to do -- just throw the corpse to the ground and say "she's doing this one, strap her up tight".

>Romber third
>(they are awarded a third-place
>prize)

I would expect as much, you know.

>Uchenna and Joyce take off first.
>Well, they would have if
>Joyce hadn’t been busy taping
>grass to her head as
>a new hairpiece.

Okay, now that's where I draw the line. My girl did what she had to do, and she...ah, screw it... that was funny to!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-20-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
<Misreading the clue, Gretchen climbs on Meredith’s shoulders as he is shaved.

<Meredith and Gretchen are slowed down when Gretchen climbs on Meredith’s shoulders as he is running down a taxi

Good ones, DW! They merited screen splatters from my afternoon latte.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
This is some funny chit. But this

Meredith and Gretchen get into the car and drive to the detour, the left blinker blinking the entire trip.

nearly did me in.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
I think you made a mistake. This should have been posted in spoilers. Some don't want to know the ending ahead of time.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-20-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
A masterpiece by the Wease - hey, you're not that hopping hamster are you? You write a lot like that one.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
*GASP*

This is the most farfetched thing I have ever read on these boards in all my 10 or 12 years of lurking here.
If you have seen these tapes where are your vidcaps!
Pfft!
I have a CHART! You don't even have a chart!

This made me LMAO!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
I don't need no chart - I HAVE TAPES!!!!!

guyRaven 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail guyRaven Click to send private message to guyRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Hahahahaha! Kudos to u for making my day. Man, even though some were preety mean, like taping hair with grass?? lol

« σªñ »™==R€ƒûg¦ñG 2 è N£t == I Regret I Said That

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
*snort* "Gretchen still riding Meredith’s shoulders"
still chuckling 10 minutes later.

another syren masterpiece

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Lex tackles Rob, giving Meredith and Gretchen (Gretchen still riding Meredith’s shoulders) the chance to pass them by and win the race.

Dammit! I bet you are so right, too. I wanted Rob and Amber to win.

Femme

HAHAHA!

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-22-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
This was great. Really funny.

You know, I wonder if you gave Lex and Tom a chance if they would show up. Now that would be great TV. We could invite Kathy too and she could plead with them to be rational.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-22-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Well, they would have if Joyce hadn’t been busy taping grass to her head as a new hairpiece.

Hi-larious.

Even when you can't see Him, God is there!

Ambassador9 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ambassador9 Click to send private message to Ambassador9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
Ohhhhh, so this is a joke.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-05, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How Meredith and Gretchen Win"
That was better then Pam without her fig leaf.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*don't let the writing stop*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •