The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
You can read and see much more about the contestants at the CBS official Web site

Brian & Greg, "Team Belly"
Relationship: Brothers
Remind me of: Chris & Alex (TAR2)
Why they will win: Young & fit
Why they won't win: Limited travel, limited knowledge about the race
Morning line: 5-1

Debbie & Bianca
Relationship: Friends
Remind me of: Kim & Leslie (TAR Classic), Heather & Eve (TAR3), Meredith & Maria (TAR6)
Why they will win: Intelligence, travel experience
Why they won't win: Still waiting for the first all-female team to crack the top 3
Morning line: 12-1

Lynn & Alex
Relationship: Boyfriends
Remind me of: Reichen & Chip (TAR4)
Why they will win: Fit the alpha male profile
Why they won't win: Lynn is lazy, Alex wilts under pressure
Morning line: 6-1

Megan & Heidi
Relationship: Roommates
Remind me of: Tian & Jaree (TAR4)
Why they will win: They're young
Why they won't win: Megan's fear of flying, among other things
Morning line: 20-1

Meredith & Gretchen
Relationship: Grandparents
Remind me of: Don & Mary Jean (TAR6)
Why they will win: It ain't happening
Why they won't win: Obvious
Morning line: 50-1

Ray & Deana, "Team Are-We-Or-Aren't-We?"
Relationship: Dating (sort of)
Remind me of: Dennis & Erika (TAR5), Adam & Rebecca (TAR6)
Why they will win: Both are physically fit
Why they won't win: They're testing their relationship, and that almost never works
Morning line: 10-1

Rob & Amber, "Media Whores of the Decade"
Relationship: you all probably know this one
Remind me of: That other team from TAR5
Why they will win: Competitive, young, reasonably fit
Why they won't win: Stunt casting, so nobody expects much
Morning line: 8-1

Ron & Kelly
Relationship: Dating
Remind me of: She reminds me of the beauty queen duo from TAR5, Nicole and Christie. He doesn't remind me of anyone I can think of.
Why they will win: Relatively young
Why they won't win: Can she get down and dirty? Can he?

Ryan & Chuck, "Team Hey Y'all"
Relationship: Friends
Remind me of: Marshall & Lance (TAR5)
Why they will win: Male-male teams have done extremely well in past races
Why they won't win: Are they the comic relief? If so, those teams haven't done so hot
Morning line: 10-1

Susan & Patrick, "Team Oedipus"
Relationship: Mother & son
Remind me of: All the past parent & child teams
Why they will win: They like the show
Why they won't win: Parent-child teams don't have a great history
Morning line: 20-1

Uchenna & Joyce, "Team Bustout"
Relationship: Married
Remind me of: Chip & Kim (TAR5)
Why they will win: Well, Chip & Kim won, didn't they?
Why they won't win: Age?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Quick thoughts realitybites 02-09-05 1
 RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... daddy brian 02-09-05 2
 RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... Katesgram 02-11-05 3
   RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... memyselfandi 02-11-05 4
       Welcome / Rob & Amber realitybites 02-11-05 5
   RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-12-05 6
       RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... Gingerman28 02-12-05 7
           RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-28-05 13
       RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... memyselfandi 02-12-05 8
 RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... volleyballmom 02-17-05 9
 RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... aliciabbrown 02-17-05 10
   RE: My views on the TAR7 contestant... JanetFAN 02-17-05 11
 How quickly we forget pmspml5 02-18-05 12
   RE: How quickly we forget volsfan 02-28-05 14
   RE: How quickly we forget nailbone 02-28-05 15
       RE: How quickly we forget volsfan 02-28-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-09-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Quick thoughts"
* Only one beauty queen, one actor, and no models. I can live with that combination.
* It's good to have another gay team.
* Despite the whining I'm sure to hear, it's good to have a return of the alpha male teams.
* Three people from South Carolina? Interesting.
* The early sentimental favorite is Uchenna & Joyce. I hope they don't disappoint.

No horses were harmed in the creation of this post.

daddy brian 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-09-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daddy%20brian Click to send private message to daddy%20brian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Thanks for the heads up. I will be going to the website soon.

Katesgram 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Katesgram Click to send private message to Katesgram Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
I think it sucks that they put Rob and Amber in the race. I didn't like them on Survivor and I sure don't want to see them have a chance at winning another million. Doesn't CBS get enough people wanting to be in it that they have to bring in a winner from another show? I suppose they think it will boost ratings if they bring someone in from another show but if they wanted to do that why not get Rupert and his wife to do it? He was afterall America's favorite and he used most of his winnings for charity. Much better than pretty boy Rob and conniving Amber. I am half tempted to not watch.I am only going to so I can root against them. I hope they lose the first week.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Casting Romber has already done what it was supposed to do create a buzz about TAR7. Plus they are probably hoping that the Romber haters will watch to root against them and the Romber lovers will watch to cheer them on. I like Romber and want them to do well but not win. Some of the other teams do look promising and fun.

02-11-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "Welcome / Rob & Amber"
Welcome to the boards, both of you.

I don't care about "Survivor" and I'm sick of hearing about those two. I do agree that there are some teams with potential in the coming race.

No horses were harmed in the creation of this post.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-12-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Rupert did that? Well, I always liked and I agree - if you bring in someone who already won a million then why get someone just to enrich them further than they need?

Atleast in Rupert case then I can happy that the extra money goes to making still more people in the world better. Million will not solve everything, but it sure if used wisely can give a lot of people a leg up to improve thier lives.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Lets not be too harsh on Romber; I think that they are in the game because they really did want to take part in The Amazing Race and not just for the extra money; they even mentioned in their last interview when they were getting their check on TES. It is a fun thing to do, and remember there are no alliances formed to "vote you off next" sort of thing; you fail or win on your own. Lets not sour grape their opportunity, there probably isn't a single one of us who contritube to these boards who would not welcome an invitation to compete in the next TAR; maybe after the family-feuds on TAR9, they will open the competition up to all the internet fans out there. So said I put their odds at winning to be 3 to 1 which means that they will still be around for the Final Three.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Okay, I can agree that thier motive to be on the show is thier love of TAR rather than been fame-addicts. But with the money they have going to the same places that TAR covers would be a snap.

The competition may make the diffirence to them, but I far rather people got on the show because they past the standard interviews and not because of some fame on thier part.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-05 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I heard/read somewhere that Rupert and Laura have been trying to have another baby-I don't think TAR would be helpful. So he might have been asked first I don't know. Anyway I still say that Romber did what CBS wanted-create a buzz. Another rumor I've seen on the boards is that Amber(pre-AS)was very good friends with Ray.

volleyballmom 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-17-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volleyballmom Click to send private message to volleyballmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Kelly and Ron: sirlinksalot.net has a link up to her college newspaper where it says she was "paired with former boyfriend, Ron"

CBS is touting them as a dating couple. Wonder what happened that they are now former?

By the way - you ask if he can get down and dirty. I think that being shot down in Iraq, captured by the Iraqis, interrogated and held as a POW until the Marines rescued him would qualify him for getting down and dirty. Whether she can follow is another question.

aliciabbrown 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-17-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
Add me to the long list of people sick to death of seeing Romber everywhere.

JanetFAN 180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-17-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetFAN Click to send private message to JanetFAN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My views on the TAR7 contestants (long)"
What you said, watching A.S.S. was bad enough (marquesas wasn't easy to stomach while he was on for that) now to have my favorite show corrupted by these two is terrible...but I'm glad CBS did it to boost ratings and I hope it does for the sole reason of them making more seasons.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "How quickly we forget"
Ron & Kelly
Relationship: Dating
Remind me of: She reminds me of the beauty queen duo from TAR5, Nicole and Christie.

He doesn't remind me of anyone I can think of.

It is sad to me that we have already forgotten our heros. I'm rooting for this couple all the way - Romber can finished 2nd behind them.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How quickly we forget"
Are you really rooting for Romber?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How quickly we forget"
I'm rooting for Romber. Yes, really. I'm an Amber fan since S2.

Ron and Kelly are my other choice.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How quickly we forget"
I hope Ron and Kelly do well too! I think they have started the game as my favorite team.

Romber have had their 30 mins...I say let someone else have it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •