The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Least worthy team ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-20-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Least worthy team ever?"
I'm talking about Meredith and Gretchen. Let's say hypothetically, and this is a stretch, that they win the whole thing. Would this be the least worthy team to have ever won the amazing race? Each week they get by because some other team totally goofs something up. I can't even remember the last time they didn't finish second to last. Now don't get me wrong, I find myself rooting for the old farts just because they're such underdogs, but I in no way think they're better racers than the majority of people who have already been eliminated.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Least worthy team ever? Wacko Jacko 04-20-05 1
 RE: Least worthy team ever? Estee 04-20-05 2
   RE: Least worthy team ever? landruajm 04-20-05 3
 RE: Least worthy team ever? weltek 04-20-05 4
 RE: Least worthy team ever? BoyWndr 04-20-05 5
 RE: Least worthy team ever? J Slice 04-20-05 6
   RE: Least worthy team ever? KMan 04-20-05 7
       RE: Least worthy team ever? ElroyJetson 04-20-05 10
           RE: Least worthy team ever? seahorse 04-20-05 13
 RE: Least worthy team ever? Cleveland Guy 04-20-05 8
   RE: Least worthy team ever? globespinner 04-20-05 9
       RE: Least worthy team ever? seahorse 04-20-05 12
 Worst is not necessarily unworthy realitybites 04-20-05 11
 RE: Least worthy team ever? Karchita 04-20-05 14
 RE: Least worthy team ever? RatPat 04-20-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-20-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
BINGO!

In my opinion they gotta be one of the worst teams ever to compete on Amazing Race. The only thing I give them credit for is that they have made it this far without having a heart attack.

They have made so many boneheaded moves. They have finished last many times but on non-elimination rounds.

I mean just watching Gretchen on the Elephant made me laugh out loud hysterically. They have forgotten the clue already twice. They have ran out of money. They move in slow motion – I mean the boxes with clues in them was an example.

I wanted them gone so bad yesterday. What a disappointment.

Can others name some of the other tasks that they have screwed up on? It is endless.

Almost makes me feel like the fix is in.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Let's say hypothetically, and this is a stretch, that they win the whole thing.

Let's say, hypothetically, that IceCat storms the Early Show set with an Uzi...

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
He might not need the Uzi if his belches still smell like farts.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

The only props I give them are for not giving up. Those are some tenacious folks!

I just wish they'd quit putting old folks on the Amazing Race. They just don't seem concerned about the "race" part most of the time. If it were the "Let's travel around the world show," then hey, bring on the old folks!

And pay attention to the clue details for cripes sake!

BoyWndr 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BoyWndr Click to send private message to BoyWndr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
I couldn't agree more!

I think this is the first time that I have actually been angry about who was eliminated. Please understand that I didn't care for L/A, in fact I am glad they're gone, but I wanted M/G gone more. I mean Last night's show was the worst showing by these old farts to date. Gretchen was completely useless throughout the entire episode. Dead weight during the Detour, and then not doing the roadblock... Grrr!! And she got so much creen time, all of which was filled with her grating whining voice yelling at either the locals to get put of the way (was that her idea helping?) or at Meredith.

Some people around here talk about Romber being lucky, in Fact Romber talk about it all thetime too. But No One, and I mean no one is as lucky as these two bumbling, boneheaded, tortoise like old farts.

I want them out of this Race!
I feel much better now that I've gotten that out of my system

"Golly, The batcomputer is none too frisky today, Batman." - Robin, The Boy Wonder

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Yeesh, so much ageism.

The show isn't called "Watch the pretty young people turn into asshole maniacs insulting the country they're visiting so they can froth onward to a million dollars" either.

Variety is the spice of life, peeps.

I'm proud of them, luck or not.

Besides, I don't think any one of you can argue that a lot of older folks tend to get screechy with age.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Gretchen's voice really started bothering me last night. I'm glad the gay guys are gone, but these two have to be next.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Gretchen's voice reminds me of Miss Fowl, Jimmy Neutron's teacher. For those of you with kids.

Here's she is (2.15 MB)
http://www.twistedwavs.com/Multimedia/wav_force/Jimmy%20Neutron/neutron%20-%20disturbance%20in%20pants.wav

Elroy

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Gretchen's whiny voice really got to me this leg. She never really bothered me before, but her whining is annoying.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
My wife and I make fun of how quickly they fall behind after every bunching point.

Last night was no different - they bunched at the 10 AM clue, even got the clue first, but were the 2nd to last ones to leave the elephants, and last ones to finish it.

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail globespinner Click to send private message to globespinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
I say...big F-in' deal!
Part of surviving the game is to NOT make mistakes. Sure, they've benefitted from others doing this (as have MANY teams in the past). It just so happens that they've benefitted more than others. Bad/good luck, missing clues, bad drivers--it's all in the game. They're worthy just by sticking with it and making it to the finish line. I mean, can you imagine YOUR grandparents doing this well??

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
No they're gone from this world.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-20-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Worst is not necessarily unworthy"
I would agree that they would probably be the worst team ever to make it to the top 3 (Adam & Rebecca) or the top spot (Flo & Zach) if they should make it so far.

However, that does not make them unworthy of winning. If things fall their way and they should happen to win, they'd be just as "worthy" as every other winner.

Reality show babes: Deidre (TAR2), Mary (TAR2), Emily (TAR), Hera (TAR6), the 2nd round tokens (Bachelor), Mary D. (Bachelor), Melissa M. (Joe Millionaire), Sara (American Dream Derby)

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-20-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
Yes, they have made mistakes every leg, but other teams have made bigger mistakes or mistakes at worse times. That makes the other teams worse racers and, IMHO, means M&G deserve to be still racing.

They were saved by the non-elim, but survived the harshest penalty ever, of losing all their money and belongings. That couldn't have been easy.

RatPat 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-20-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RatPat Click to send private message to RatPat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Least worthy team ever?"
I'm kinda glad they survived last night.

Am I the only one who sees Meredith as Mount St. Helens?

Every episode you see him lose his composure with her just a little bit more. Add to that the fact that Meredith can only do 1 more roadblock, and you've got the makings of a first-class meltdown.

On a side note, the U.S. should be using Gretchen to interrogate terrorists. In a couple of hours they would forget all about those 72 virgins!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •