The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Son of Commercials You Hate"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-03, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Son of Commercials You Hate"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-03 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

Because hate can be a positive force for change, resurrecting topic.

I hate the current crop of anti-drug commercials, in particular (A) The one where the man tells you he has just had to say goodbye to his best friend, in tones that appear to indicate a drunken driver was involved in friend's departure; we realize as the ad continues that Dad means his teenager now hates him, presumably because Dad thinks it necessary to go through junior's diary and tap the phones and have plain-clothes cops trail junior's little pals. The final sentence (I tell him, "If you love him, you will" ) implies that you are a lousy parent if you do not immediately adopt the gentle probing techniques of J. Edgar Hoover.

(B) The one where these parents are the "youngest grandparents on the block" because their daughter smoked a joint and it somehow got her pregnant (the implication is that there is no other step to the impregnation process; smoke a little weed, have a little kid). Forget how Derelict 13-year-old-mom-to-be Daughter feels - what will the neighbors think?
Bah.
>
(On the other hand, still love the "Love is in the Air" rabbits breeding commercial...)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Son of Commercials You Hate tvgeek401 09-22-03 1
 heck yeah cqvenus 09-23-03 2
   RE: heck yeah ginger 09-26-03 4
 RE: Son of Commercials You Hate Draco Malfoy 09-25-03 3
 RE: Son of Commercials You Hate leannerenee 09-29-03 5
   RE: Son of Commercials You Hate ginger 09-29-03 6
       Can you hear me now? AugustGirl 10-04-03 16
 RE: Son of Commercials You Hate smiley 09-29-03 7
   RE: Son of Commercials You Hate ginger 09-29-03 8
       be glad you don't have Ahhhnold.... ashleybfogg 09-29-03 9
           RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold... ginger 09-30-03 10
               RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold... ashleybfogg 09-30-03 11
                   RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold... ginger 09-30-03 12
                       OMH cqvenus 10-02-03 13
                           RE: OMH Draco Malfoy 10-02-03 14
                               RE: OMH ginger 10-02-03 15
 Fitness Made Simple AugustGirl 10-04-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-22-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
On the other hand, still love the "Love is in the Air" rabbits breeding commercial...

i find that commercial very funny since i have two rabbits and they like to, umm..., get jiggy a lot. the commercial is so true.

i also love the ebay commercials...i have the words and the dance moves down, so i join in whenever it comes on.

and the budweiser "Real men of genius"(mr. giant taco salad inventor) and "Wingman" and that one where they have those guys saying stuff like 'I called shotgun eleven hours before a road trip' and 'i stayed in vegas for a weekend without a hotel room.'

smiles
the tvgeek
both of my rabbits are male, fortunately, so we don't have the consequences of their actions...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "heck yeah"
those commercials bite.

however, for the ignorant rich suburban people, 'what will the neighbors think' may, indeed, be an excellent motivator for actually giving a flick what their children do with their free time.

additionally, the rabbits commercial makes me laugh. but i do think the concept is a bit too... adult... to be in a commercial.

- *hearts* "I am Joe, and I am Canadian" commercials

09-26-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: heck yeah"
I just like the way the pet shop owner looks when he holds up a baby bunny instead of the phone.

>

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
I would give my left nut to get rid of those "Truth" anti-smoking ads. And that's my favorite.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:320 Loss To Date:-19
I am the walrus. Goo goo ga joob.

leannerenee 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-29-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leannerenee Click to send private message to leannerenee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
Hate that add where the car full of kids smoking weed hit that little girl on the bake after they pull out of the drive thru. I know it isn't supposed to be funny... but my roomate and I always laugh when we see it... B/c it is so FREAKING stupid!!!

LOVE those commercial sw/ the gerbil and rabbit for Blockbuster!

09-29-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
My teenager says the pot commercials are so over the top that they take away from the credibility of anti-drug information.

Ready for them to yank the whole "Can you hear me now?" series.

There is also a "Look what you can do with a dollop!" chirpy lil ditty that drives me mad.

And hearing the finale of the Who's Tommy in a salute to clearer nasal passages, chemically rendered, makes me very sad.

>

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Can you hear me now?"
No, I can't because I either hit the mute button or change the channel as fast as I can.

However, I absolutely love any and all of the Target commercials. Can't explain why, they just make me smile.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-29-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
I just hate all commercials

09-29-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Son of Commercials You Hate"
I know. One of these days I'll get Tivo and the world will be my oyster.

>

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-29-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "be glad you don't have Ahhhnold...."
i hate that 'dollop' jingle, too! arrgh. do they realize they are creating ads that Make Us change the channel?? some are good, some are funny,

but if you're not in California right now - thank your lucky stars... we have Ahhnold - every channel, every 5 minutes - spending millions to tell us what a mess we're in, and to actually lie. I've lived here all my life and we're just fine!
nothing makes me change the channel faster than those ads of his - except maybe the one with dog smacking peanut butter...yack.

ashlet

09-30-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold...."
No (*sighs*), I have Ahhnold. Go to OT and see me whining about the election today. And how come Total Recall is playing on autoloop on cable? I thought they had to stop showing his movies on TV or give equal time to each candidate.

The worst thing about the damn Dollop commercial is I actually go around humming it.

>

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-30-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold...."
Don't make me think of that stupid jingle - it'll stick in my head!

yeah, i thought they weren't supposed to show his movies either...
maybe sombody should freeze that frame from Total Recall where he almost gets sucked into the no-atmosphere of Mars and his head gets all explodey...
and use that in a campaign poster!
if he does, (poor california) get elected, maybe the only movie theyll show will be his stupidest one - like they did to Reagan - all anyone showed of him after he went into politics was 'Bedtime for Bonzo' - about the monkey!

09-30-03, 04:56 PM (EST)
12. "RE: be glad you don't have Ahhhnold...."
There's a (funny then) (chillingly on point now) moment in Stallone's "Demolition Man" when Sondra Bullock refers to "the Schwarzenegger Library" and explains it was named after the former president, who had to amend the constitution in order to be elected as he was not a natural citizen. This was intended, when the film was made, to be so crazy as to be funny.
That was then, now is rotten.

>

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "OMH"
remember that? maybe it's all a big ploy for the makers of that movie to gain credibility in the land of psychic prophecy. they can claim they knew arnold would be a politician far before. they can prove it with evidence. then they can rob old people of their piddly social security checks by convincing them they can predict the exact date of their demises.

- sick and demented. no, really. i took sudafed. it does that to you.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: OMH"
Kinda like how Back to the Future Part 2 predicted that the Florida Marlins would win the World Series a few years back. Whoops.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:320 Loss To Date:-19

10-02-03, 05:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: OMH"
There used to be a theory that if your brand name were put in a futuristic movie it went belly-up the next year. Would that this were so.

Back to the commercials, because a post of Kim's reminded me, I hate those cute lil bears crapping in the woods (Charmin, I think). Do not need to think about bodily functions of cartoon bears to this degree. Ever.

>

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-03, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Fitness Made Simple"
It's not so much the commercial, it's the host. That guy John Basedow is just plain freaky looking. And now they are running a newer version where he has become blonde. Scary. Very scary!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •