The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"nashville star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"nashville star"
Am I the only one watching it? It's really really good - y'all should if you aren't already.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: nashville star EnglProf 03-30-04 1
   RE: nashville star Bebo 03-30-04 2
       RE: nashville star Lisapooh 03-30-04 3
           RE: nashville star Devious Weasel 03-30-04 4
           RE: nashville star Bebo 03-30-04 5
               RE: nashville star Lisapooh 03-30-04 6
                   RE: nashville star Asrai 03-30-04 7
                       RE: nashville star Lisapooh 03-30-04 8
                           RE: nashville star Asrai 03-31-04 9
                               RE: nashville star Silverado 03-31-04 10
 RE: nashville star minitroll 04-02-04 11
 RE: nashville star Lisapooh 04-05-04 12
   RE: nashville star minitroll 04-05-04 13
       RE: nashville star shedevil 04-18-04 14
 RE: nashville star Lisapooh 04-26-04 15
   RE: nashville star Devious Weasel 04-26-04 16
       RE: nashville star Lisapooh 04-26-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-30-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: nashville star"
Haven't even heard of this one. Are they picking a country music star? What network?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: nashville star"
USA Network. Last season, they had an astonishingly high level of talent (putting AI to shame). Buddy Jewell won, and he's doing quite well on the country charts these days.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

03-30-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: nashville star"
are you watching this season? I don't know if there's anyone as good as Buddy and the chick that came in third (who's name escapes me) but there are several good ones this year.

One guy sounds just like George Jones and has done two great original songs. There's a girl (Jennifer somebody) who I think is great. And one kid who is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's just adorable and has a good voice too. There's maybe five really good ones - that beats american idol for sure.

Not too crazy about the new judges - the radio guy sucks but the Warren Brothers are ok (when they aren't busy congratulating themselves on their wit)

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: nashville star"
I bailed on it cause they changed judges - without Charlie and the Nashville historian who is everywhere, it wouldn't be the same.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: nashville star"
>are you watching this season? I don't know if there's anyone
>as good as Buddy and the chick that came in
>third (who's name escapes me)

I've missed it so far, but I hope to be able to watch it this week. You're thinking of Miranda Lambert. I also liked John Arthur Martinez, who finished 2nd.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

03-30-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: nashville star"
Ah, Miranda - that's right. She was great. I liked John Arthur too - but I was impressed with Miranda's song writing ability - she's so young!

Y'all have to start watching so we can discuss! I looked up their names - Jennifer Hicks and Lance something (I already forgot) are my favorites. Brad Cotter and George Canyon are also good. And the girls all love Brett the cute boy.

There is a guy straight out of hee-haw who I can't stand. And a wannabe Shania that irritates me. There's also a former back-up singer with virtually no personality.

Gina Gershon's sister is still a judge and the Warren Brothers are ok too. That other dude sucks.

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: nashville star"
Ooo, I'll have to watch now! You mentioned Gina Gershon (YUM, even though she isn't on the show) and George Jones (He rocks), so now I'll have to catch it!

It's on USA, what day and time? Hook a sistah up, Poohbear!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

03-30-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: nashville star"
Saturday night at nine central time on USA. Lord knows I have nothing to do.

They're all singing Willie Nelson songs this week (and Willie's gonna be there!!!!)

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-04, 06:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: nashville star"
Yay, I never watch anything on Saturdays, and now I have something to look forward to! Yeeeeehaw!

Ooooo, Willy! I adore him! Thanks Pooh! You're a doll!

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

Silverado 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silverado Click to send private message to Silverado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: nashville star"
I am so glad that people are finally talking about NS2. I absolutley adore this show. These people are amazingly talented and they genuinely seem like nice folks. This weekend oughtta be really neat when they play Willie's songs with him there. Can't wait to hear what people think after the show.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-02-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: nashville star"
I'm watching Poho. I lvoe this show. I was disapponted that Mal Rogers got eliminated. He had a great personality.

04-05-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: nashville star"
Did anyone watch this weekend? I just love me some Willie Nelson!

As far as the results go - I was pretty happy. Marty, Sheila and Matt were my least favorites by far. I would rather have seen Matt go based on the week prior's performance, but he was the best I've seen him on Saturday. That still isn't saying much though.

It's a tough contest to call right now. And just because I'm sure you all care - I'm gonna do a love list of the ones remaining.

Lance - the Warren Brothers are right, he does look like Chastity Bono. I really like him though. His songs are awesome and he's the real deal - great, distinctive voice, strong songwriter, charismatic performer. Right now, I'm hoping he wins it.

Jennifer - she sounds so much like Pam Tillis. I think she's a great singer and also a very likable performer. She's got a humbleness and openness to her that is very refreshing. Comfortable on stage - the one original song she performed was good but not great.

Brad - he's growing on me by leaps and bounds. I didn't really like him at first, but he gets better every week. More comfortable, a very polished and natural performer. I like him in front of the keyboard. His original song was strong too.

George - his stock is going down. The aw-shucks act seems just that - an act. He has a great voice - he could easily be a headliner. But I think songwriting is an important part of this competition. If that original was his best song - than I shudder at what his worst would be. The crowd does seem to love him though

Brett - he's just so cute! Really, he's the prettiest boy I've seen in a long time. He's out of his element though. Country music at its best is about life experiences - I don't think he has any life experiences yet. Maybe in a couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go home this week.

Matt - Hee-Haw was cancelled a long time ago. It's Nashville Star, not Nashville Novelty. I half expect him to show up in a hat with the price tag still on it. Not a good writer, not a good voice, an annoying personality. go home Matt. Go. Home.

my best guess at PTTE in order of their exit: Brett, George, Matt, Jennifer, Lance with Brad being the next Nashville Star.

So, come on now people - DISCUSS!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-05-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: nashville star"
Great week! Here are my thoughts..

Jennifer - She has a very nice, clear voice. She did better with Willie this week than she did with her original song. I think she'll go far in this competition.

George - I can't help it, I like George. He has a good strong voice and an engagng personality. I wasn't impressed with his original song though, it was kinda boring.

Lance - I think this was his best week so far. I wasn't a big fan of his at first, but he's growing on me. His original song was great.

Matt - Yeah, his personality is a little over the top, but I think he has a nice voice. His original song was funny, but it was lacking musically.

Brad - He has been improving, but I think he was better last week than this week. His original song was the best of the bunch IMO.

Brent - He's cute, but he is definitely the weakest one left. I have a feeling he's going next, unless he got enough girls to vote him through on his looks.

I still miss Mal. *sniff*

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: nashville star"
I watched it today for the first time, and to be honest, the only one that impressed me was the guy that did "Drift Away" the others were knock offs of legendary country stars with no originality. Just my opinion.

04-26-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
15. "RE: nashville star"
OK it was bad enough when Matt Lindahl stayed and jennifer went home two weeks ago. But she had a bad performance, so while it was disappointing, it was understandable.

But I can't believe Lance Miller is out and that putz with the washboard is still in the competition. He cannot sing, his songwriting sucks and his personality is horrible!! Does anyone htink he could have any kind of career except as a sidekick on Hee Freaking Haw?

I hope Brad Cotter wins this thing. George Canyon I could live with but if Matt Lindahl is the next Nashville Star, I'm done with this show.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: nashville star"
I watched a little of it Pooh, and was singularly unimpressed. Did all the talent get booted out in the earlier rounds?

04-26-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
17. "RE: nashville star"
It's a matter of opinion of course, but I think so.

Jennifer Hicks was great and left two weeks ago (she had a horrible performance - the mike crapped out, they made her start over and the music totally over powered her) Lance Miller who left this week was a great songwriter and had a really distinctive voice. Brad Cotter is really good - this was not his best week, his original song wasn't that great, but he has been consistently good. There was no Buddy Jewel this year, but only one of the final three really deserves to be there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •