The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-07, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Might as well put this up now, since it's entirely possible that the episode might be up on the CBS.com site in 3 hours.....

Please keep all discussions of this episode, which definitely involves a party for reaching the halfway mark, some kind of change in the Pirate's Code, and a possible alliance of Christa and Jay on this thread until all of us can download the f'n thing from CBS and be able to watch it. Oh, and keep the sigpics off, it'll be hard enough to download the episode on dialup as is..........

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... cahaya 07-24-07 1
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... emydi 07-24-07 2
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 3
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 4
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... cahaya 07-24-07 5
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 6
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 7
       More than 4! udg 07-24-07 9
           RE: More than 4! memzoo48 07-26-07 18
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... agman 07-24-07 10
       RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 14
           RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... agman 07-24-07 15
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... jbug 07-24-07 12
       RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-24-07 13
           RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... buckeyegirl 07-26-07 19
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... Loree 07-24-07 8
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... Spanky68 07-24-07 11
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... michel 07-25-07 16
       RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... vince3 07-25-07 17
           RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... CTgirl 07-29-07 22
 For those having trouble Sunny_Bunny 07-26-07 20
 RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... CTgirl 07-29-07 21
   RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 Eas... Georgianna 07-30-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Download? TV bandwidth comes easy. Web bandwidth takes too much work (for me and my PC). After a good night's sleep, I might peek in here to find out what happened - or not.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
I just watched it...interesting...

07-24-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-07 AT 10:46 AM (EST)

*grumble*

I can hear the episode, but the image is locked on Jay from the first 20 seconds......

ETA: Once I got into part 2, the video started coming in a little better, but it's still choppy at times.......

07-24-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-07 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Okay, I'm about halfway through this train wreck.

1. The treasure is from Capt. Steele's cook who liked to party after big hauls, so that's the narrative justification for the party at the halfway point.

2. No more officers! Both Ben and Jay were stripped as officers and were available for the shot draw.

3. The teams: Black: Azmyth, Louie, Laurel, Nessa and for the Red: Ben, Jay, Christa, Kendra

4. Red Crew wins! New Captain? Christa!

5. Pirate's Court: Only 2 blackspots now and Christa alone is gonna be giving them out, also, this is the final Pirate's Court for the Royal Pardon to be used. If the winner doesn't need it, no chance for a refund, profit, nothing but safety for another episode........

6. Treasure split: Captain takes all! Christa's got a big decision to make about splitting the take or else she runs the risk of mutiny (which, without officers to potentially shield her, is now more possible than ever! Remember, before the officers had to agree to join in the mutiny for it to be successful...) BTW: The treasure amount for this expedition? $50K!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Well, that answers a lot of questions about what was going to happen when the number of votes to cast someone adrift dropped to two. There's a major shift in several rules to accommodate the smaller crew size, but all in one week?! Actually, it would have been a good week to air the show with the (former) fan base screaming for some kind of change after several weeks of repetitive Azmythos.

07-24-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
*yawn*

Fortunately I paused the episode before I conked out.......

Christa polled the crew for who'd they think should be put up. The overwhelming responses: Azmyth for being one of the strongest competitors, and Kendra for being one of the weakest competitors. Jay had a very devilish idea that would help get rid of Kendra, and help Christa make extra money: Give her only 2,500 and say that the other 10,000 will be used to buy the Royal Pardon off of her, then don't bid at all! It's a very sneaky idea, and Christa sold Kendra the story. Now, whether Christa actually bid on the Pardon or not........ we'll find out.

The black spots were Azmyth and Kendra officially. At Pirate's Court, Azmyth with a combination "Yes, I'm the strongest/I love you guys" speech. Kendra has a long-winded, prepared story-style speech.

The winner of the final Royal Pardon is Christa with a bid of $10,000 (she actually went through with the story, and Jay hangs his head......), of course she didn't need it

By a vote of 5-0, Azmyth is set adrift! From being Captain to being cut adrift all in one episode, how the mighty have fallen.....

Apparently the secret to watching these things is to start it up, then pause it, and go do something else (which could include taking a nap...) and lo and behold the thing works more like a TV episode!

07-24-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
BTW: The episode is split into 4 parts, so you may have to go wandering 4 different times before playing..........

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-24-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "More than 4!"
The episode is split into 4 parts, so you may have to go wandering 4 different times before playing...

Ugh. Mine hung up 3/4 of the way through the 3rd part. Only way to get it to work? Play and fast forward through the first parts, but you can't fast forward through the ads. Now, I can't get part 4 to even start working, even after restarting from the beginning. At least NBC lets you pick which part of the episode you want to watch, so you only have to watch one ad to watch the last segment.

I was all ready to post how great it is that Intertube is finally working for me (it never works when I want to watch TAR extras). Guess I "spoke" too soon.

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-26-07, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: More than 4!"
Now,
>I can't get part 4
>to even start working, even
>after restarting from the beginning.

Same here, and I just tried for the first time today. The first 3 parts loaded quickly for me, it was just like watching TV, but I can't get the 4th part to load, no matter how many tricks I try.

Thanks for the recarp, Vince!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
sorry for being lame Vince but, How did Christa become captain? What happen to Azmyth?

07-24-07, 10:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
from the first half:

3. The teams: Black: Azmyth, Louie, Laurel, Nessa and for the Red: Ben, Jay, Christa, Kendra

4. Red Crew wins! New Captain? Christa!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"

Thanks, I missed the challenge when the red crew won!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
thanks for summarizing Vince.
With dial up I just don't think I will even attempt it .

Why would Christa be so stupid as to buy the pardon? Did she really think the crew would mutiny after her first watch as Captain? Lot of confidence in yourself there my dear.

OK, what did Nessa do this time? Anything?

Glad to see they took out Azzmuth.

What a terrible time to take it away from us. Talk about a cliff hanger - with no hope of ever seeing the ending.

07-24-07, 10:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-07 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Christa bought the pardon to complete the promise that Jay wanted her to actually break so (by completing the promise) Kendra got the full 12.5K share of the 50K treasure.......

Nessa was non-descript, I think........

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Thanks for the recap Vince! I got all parts to play for me except the fourth part. Very, very, very annoying! (I've never had this trouble with innertube before.)

Aiye Matey, it's an agman.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
I watched it. Interesting that this was one of the better eps and we finally got a change. So what do they do? They decide to now put it only online. Stupid CBS.

I had alot of trouble with buffering and getting Part 1 to play. It took forever. But the other parts played well. It was just annoying getting to them.

From the previews for next week it looks like Jay and Ben plan to conspire to keep Christa in power. They like having the target on her instead of them. Plus they feel confident that she won't black spot them. Jay told Ben even if they are on opposite teams they would point out the treasure to each other to have the Black team win.

And I loved watching Azmyth set adrift. His arrogance was just ridiculous. He had delusions that he was well loved.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
I tried twice. Both times, I could see the first 3 segments fine, but not the last (the final 8 mins).

I assume Azmyth was voted off, as his head was on the block.

I will try again tomorrow when I get access to another computer and internet hookup.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Thanks vince for the recap. As a Canadian, I still haven't been able to watch the full episode but the webclips work for me on CBS just fine. With the amount of clips, I think the only thing I missed was: Did Christa give Jay and Ben $12500 each? I'm assuming she did since that is the amount Kendra got.

07-25-07, 09:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-07 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

I think it's a safe assumption, since they're plotting to try cheating, if need be, to keep her in power.

They made a pact that if they're split up by the shot draw, if the one on the Red Crew spots the treasure before the one on the Black Crew, then the Red Crew member would point it out to the Black Crew member so the Black Crew could win!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
Christa didn't say she gave money to Ben and Jay, but Ben scooped up his pile of money as he was leaving the Captain's Quarters and Kendra was walking in.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-07, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "For those having trouble"
I can't help the dial up people,

But, if you have dsl or cable, and are using mozilla and you cant get part 4 to play -

1. Go to your control panel, and clear out your temporary files

2. Use IE instead of mozilla, and check "Windows Media Player" as your screen of choice.

This does work. Mozilla and Quicktime would not load part 4. When I switched to IE it worked just as easily as the other three segments.

hope this helps.

*grumbles: still think cBS should have let it run its course. grumble.*

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
I watched the first three parts today and was thinking this is great! The link was good and no commercials, I could get used to this! Then, like many of you, part 4 stopped and I couldn’t get it going. So I watched the Pirate’s Court web clip and called it a day. It is unfortunate and odd that CBS canceled Pirate Master this week. I thought it was the best episode of the season. The triad was split up, it wasn’t all expedition, Cameron asked some halfway intelligent questions of Jay and Ben, and with no officers, Captain Christa had to do some finessing. It was brilliant the way she polled the crew on who to black spot so that it seemed like their choice and not hers. It certainly seems like there will be more change and more jockeying by the crew in the weeks to come.

And, who’s going to become their new cook? There hasn’t been any job safety in that role either – Sean, Jupiter and Azmyth have all been cut adrift while feeding the crew. So who's going to be the next cook/crew member in jeopardy?!

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-30-07, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Pirate Master Episode 9 East Coast Internet Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-07 AT 01:32 AM (EST)

"So who's going to be the next cook/crew member in jeopardy?!

The ever-eager-to-kowtow Kendra? And she's finally heaved overboard by a starving (but fed-up) crew when it becomes painfully clear that the poor girl sautés even more slowly (and ineptly) than she swims?

But, at least and at long last, the Dive Master (I really do have trouble saying that with a straight face!) would then have a raft between her and a pirate's life without oxygen ... tanks.

So that with Neptune's grace, a dead-calm sea and a decent pulley, she just might make the camera boat!

G

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •