The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-08-11, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
I'm looking forward to this season. I've been watching the various selection levels and there are some dancer that are clearly a cut above. Geisha and Jordan for the girls come to mind.

You can follow via youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrduckbears19

Here are the top 22: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrduckbears19#p/a/u/0/Ehrd-EWu7Nk

The best reaction to getting the news of being in the top 22 has to be Denitza and the end of this clip: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrduckbears19#p/u/3/FRvZpKP0D_s

They psyched her out by already saying that they had already picked the ballroom girl and then said that her partner was in. So, they had their bittersweet moment and she, very courteously, said "thank you". Then Jean Marc gave her the good news and she simply froze. She was completely stunned. Her partner picked her up and she was completely rigid like she didn't even notice. He spun her around and her arm moved in a ballroom pose, not voluntarily, but just by force of doing it so many times. I don't think I've ever seen someone so stunned.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... Sagebrush Dan 07-08-11 1
 RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... qwertypie 07-08-11 2
   RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... Sagebrush Dan 07-08-11 3
 RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... qwertypie 07-12-11 4
   RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... byoffer 07-12-11 5
       RE: So You Think You Can Dance Cana... qwertypie 07-17-11 6
 Top 18 aethelstan 07-26-11 7
   RE: Top 18 qwertypie 07-26-11 8
   RE: Top 18 byoffer 07-26-11 9
       RE: Top 18 qwertypie 07-27-11 10
           RE: Top 18 byoffer 07-27-11 11
 Top 16 aethelstan 08-02-11 12
   RE: Top 16 - Results aethelstan 08-04-11 13
 Top 14/12 aethelstan 08-18-11 14
   RE: Top 14/12 qwertypie 08-18-11 15
   RE: Top 14/12 Sagebrush Dan 08-19-11 16
       RE: Top 14/12 qwertypie 08-23-11 17
 Top 10 aethelstan 08-23-11 18
 TOP 8 qwertypie 08-30-11 19
   RE: TOP 8 aethelstan 08-31-11 20
 Finale: Top 6 aethelstan 09-06-11 21
   RE: Finale: Top 6 qwertypie 09-08-11 22
       RE: Finale: Top 6 qwertypie 09-08-11 23
 And the Winner Is.... trigirl 09-12-11 24
   RE: And the Winner Is.... qwertypie 09-13-11 25
   RE: And the Winner Is.... aethelstan 09-13-11 26
 SYTYCD Canada Cancelled? djandy 09-19-11 27
   Yep. aethelstan 09-20-11 28
       RE: Yep. trigirl 09-20-11 29
   RE: SYTYCD Canada Cancelled? djandy 09-21-11 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-11, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-11 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

I must admit I didn't read the entire title of this thread. I couldn't figure out what the heck you were up to until I clicked the link.....OH! Canada!!! Duh.

ETA: Thanks for sharing this, and please keep this up. Great stuff.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-11, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
The fake outs are getting really old for me. Just tell them whether they are in or out already. Sheesh!
you know it's bad when the people who are cut are waiting for the fake out. I'm sorry you are going home.....to tell your mother you are on the show!

07-08-11, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
Yeah, fake outs are sadistic and really bad form.

07-12-11, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
Wow, we have a strong bunch this year. I really enjoyed all the routines except for that lameo Justin Bieber/Vampire one.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-11, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
I think the girls are much stronger than the guys this year. Three in particular stand out:
- Geisha Chin (Disco first week was good, and did they give her a weak partner? (injury replacement Adam A-R)
- Jordan Clark (OMG is she good at contemporary. Will be interesting to see her in other genres)
- Shelaina Anderson (made top 20 last year but was injured. Probably a better dancer now than she was last year. Edmonton voting will take her far)

For the guys, my guess is that Kevin is the top. I am guessing many ladies will enjoy shirtless Rodrigo.

I am shocked that so many are from Ontario. That will split the Ontario vote, and a dancer pair like Shelaina (Edmonton) and Matt (NS) will get a ton of regional votes. They should cruise anyway.

Enjoying so far!

07-17-11, 04:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So You Think You Can Dance Canada - Season 4"
You know what else I really appreciate? When the judges (even JMG) talked about the female dancers, they actually make comments on their dancing. (Nigel tends to talk about how beautiful/hot/sexy they are)

07-26-11, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Top 18"
I think it was a very strong show last night but it did seem strange that they paired up ballroom dancers for a ballroom number, gave Carlena a second hip hop (but she danced it very well) and Melissa (who's a powerhouse this season) got a second contemporary in a row. I think, like the American show, they are so worried about train wreck dances (except for the ones that are supposed to go home) that they contrive to make someone be close to their genre.

I think Bottom three will be Geisha and her partner (Blake's routine), the Krump routine, and, well, not sure.

One of the things I liked about Melissa's routine is how controlled the lifts were. In many other dances last night, the dancers telegraphed the lifts. The practice mambo lifts were cut and the one lift they did at the end was wobbly. In the disco, at one time both dancers stopped moving, looked at each other to confirm and then performed the trick/lift. Melissa's routine had none of that and she can't be the lightest of the remaining dancers either.

07-26-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top 18"
Why are they having disco? Second one this season already. Pardon me, the other one was new disco.

07-26-11, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top 18"
from the show's website, here is the recap of the partnerships and dances:
Paso doblé: Jordan and Christian (choreographed by Natalli Reznik and Francis Lafrenière)
Contemporary: Denitsa and Matt (choreographed by Sabrina Matthews)
Hip-hop: Carlena and Kevin (choreographed by Sho-Tyme)
Disco: Lindsay and Shane (choreographed by Melissa Williams)
Jazz: Geisha and Adam (choreographed by Blake McGrath)
Mambo: Yuliya and François (choreographed by Gustavo Vargas)
Bollywood: Shelaina and JP (choreographed by Longinus Fernandes)
Krump: Teya and Boneless (choreographed by Lil C)
Contemporary: Melissa and Joey (choreographed by Mandy Moore)

I was not digging the show much last night. Not sure if it was the partnerships, dancing, or choreo but something was off. They seemed to be giving a few people their own style.
Girls:
- Carlena - I don't share the love for her. Why are they keeping her around with hip hop routines?
- krump svcks. I like Lil C as a judge, but not as a choreo. Maybe just not my style.
- Shelaina is fantastic, and they have given her disco last week and bollywood this time. IMO she nailed both. Maybe they know she will be there for a long time, so can afford to challenge her now.
- Geisha - I actually expected her to hang around longer, but she isn't great routines for her style. That black lite stuff last night was cool, but wasn't good for the dancers. Maybe my read on her was wrong?
- Yuliya - man does she have a hard body. Not sure how "likeable" she is to get votes though, and will be interested to see her in other styles. Sleeping in the splits is just weird.
- Lindsay - at the risk of being Nigel/Jean-Marc/creepy old man - what a body! I thought she was fantastic with the disco, and should definitely stay.
- Jordan - IMO still miles ahead of all the rest and still my favourite to win. Will things change? I hope not, as I want to see her dancing for many more weeks!!
- Melissa - lovely. Very good routine and execution.
- Teya and Denitsa - in my Bottom 3 with Carlena.

Guys:
- are there guys dancing? Sorry, but as great as some guys have been in previous seasons, I haven't seen a guys stand out this season, which for me is all about the girls. Hopefully a guy will emerge as a competitor in the coming weeks.

07-27-11, 01:20 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Top 18"
I must admit Leah was better with the fake outs (still too many for my taste). Maybe she read my e-mails and FB comments.

07-27-11, 09:08 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Top 18"
I noticed a bit more directness last night with the results as well.

08-02-11, 12:16 PM (EST)
12. "Top 16"
Here's a list of the dances last night, in order of performance:

Hip-hop: Lindsay and François (choreographed by Luther Brown)
Contemporary: Jordan and Shane (choreographed by Nico Archambault and Wynn Holmes)
Quickstep: Yuliya and Matt (choreographed by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin)
Tango: Melissa and Christian (choreographed by Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin)
House: Geisha and JP (choreographed by Sho-Tyme)
Contemporary: Shelaina and Kevin (choreographed by Sabrina Matthews)
Salsa: Denitsa and Joey (choreographed by Gustavo Vargas)
Theatre: Carlena and Adam (choreographed by Sean Cheesman)

I think the bottom three will be the Quickstep, House and one of Salsa/Theatre.

Seems to me they are shielding Denitsa and Yuliya. They've had a lot of ballroom. Likewise, Carlena has had hip hop twice. I think these could be the next three gone. Has Geisha even had a chance to dance in her genre?

A lot of good routines last night though. There was one hold in the Adam and Carlena routine where she seem to be rolling up his body. Quite amazing. I also liked both contemps and was impressed by Lindsay and Francois in the hip hop. The tango was very well done too.

I predict Sabrina Matthews will be the next Canadian choreographer to work on the American show.

08-04-11, 09:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Top 16 - Results"
Well I was shocked. You had possibly the three best guys in the bottom 3 wtf?

Bottom 3 were:
Jordan and Shane
Shelaina and Kevin
Denitsa and Joey

With Shelaine and Kevin going home.

08-18-11, 12:57 PM (EST)
14. "Top 14/12"
I missed the last couple of weeks and only finally got caught up.

Is anyone else watching this? The activity in this thread is very .... inactive? lol

Well, it looks like in the mind of the judges that Melissa has already won and everyone is just playing for second place. I did just rewatch her last three weeks: Tango, Hip Hop, Contemp and she nailed them all. I bet she gets Theatre with Sean Cheesman next. I do think that Jordan is right up there with her though. I see them as top 4.

For our American friends, a good review of the season would be to watch all of Melissa's and Jordan's dances using the link above.

I disagree with dropping Joey this week. I think Christian should have gone. I think they just want to contrast with the American show more as they have 4 ballroom dancers left in the top 10. It helps that Mary and Jean-Marc are on the panel. Unsurprisingly, the ballroom numbers this year are better overall than the American show but there are still some weaker dancers left in the top 10.

08-18-11, 09:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Top 14/12"
It's been a crazy few weeks for me so I haven't caught up with the last few eps. I did catch the elimination one on Tues (after fast forwarding through Leah's GAWD awful revealing of who was in the bottom. Doesn't she ever watch herself on playback?)

08-19-11, 07:09 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top 14/12"
I'm going to start watching it cuz I need my dance fix.

08-23-11, 02:08 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Top 14/12"
I missed half of it because my digital tv was down (my fault entirely ) Guess I'll have to catch it on line.

08-23-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
18. "Top 10"
Well, now this time the standing O for Melissa was just a gimmick but the standing O for Christian and Jordan was genuine.

It would have been nice to see them dance twice each but alas no. Maybe next week. I suppose we're going to have a double elimination soon, too. yikes.

I had noticed Mary Murphy calling Luther Brown Lu-Bear some weeks ago but it was obvious there.

These were my favourites from last night

Jordan, Christian Jazz (Sean Cheesman) - very intense

Denitsa, François Mambo (Gustavo Vargas) - they had Yulia and Christian do a mambo earlier and it didn't work but this one did.

Lindsay, Adam Contemporary (Blake McGrath) - lots of emotion but I was distracted during the dance

Melissa Shane Hip-hop (Luther Brown) - it was good but Melissa's first Hip Hop routine with Luther was better.

Yuliya, Matthew Contemporary (Sabrina Matthews) - I took a look and this is only the 3rd time that Yuliya hasn't had ballroom in 7 weeks! (theatre, samba, mambo, quickstep, hip-hop, jive and now contemp). Can we say protected? I think she did an ok job of trying to show emotion but at times it looked like she was just going through the steps.

My spouse thinks Lindsay should go but I think it should be Yuliya. For the guys? probably Matthew.

08-30-11, 05:34 PM (EST)
19. "TOP 8"
I was kind of underwhelmed. I thought the hip hop was lame, but then again I am not an expert.
I found it entertaining to read between the lines with Mary's comments on the 'samba'. She was not impressed.
Stacey Tookies piece disappointed, but I think it was more due to the dancers than the choreo.

I was surprised my favourite number of the night was the jazz routine by Melissa Williams.

08-31-11, 04:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: TOP 8"
I have a problem every time part of the dance routine is running in front of the stage trying to get the audience to cheer louder but outside of that I thought the Hip Hop number was ok.

I don't like the sex standing up that they add into the choreo. This time it was in the samba, in previous years, it was Luther that would add it. Since they had a ballroom pair, why not give them something that shows how technically good they are? There was some of it and Mary alluded to it but there was too much posturing.

I actually liked two of the fake outs this week. Not enough that I would prefer the show without them but they weren't convoluted.

I won't have a chance to see the finale live as our they are switching to digital OTA and our tv can't handle that. This weekend we're canoe camping so there won't be a chance to rectify that any time soon. So, I'll have to comment late.

Anyone have someone they specifically want to see win? In past seasons there was already a number posting on how Nico, Tara Jean and Denys should win. This year, not so much. I think it will come down to Melissa and Jordan with Shane getting top guy but if I had to have a preference, I think I'd have to go with Jordan.

09-06-11, 02:51 PM (EST)
21. "Finale: Top 6"
The question Canada needs to decide is whether it prefers blondes (Lindsay), brunettes (Melissa) or redheads (Jordan). I think it's pretty clear that a girl will win this season.

I was not able to watch the show live but did see it on the ctv website but there it was done without intro or comments. Even so, within 10 seconds of watching the top 3 girls dance, I was saying to myself "Did Mia come back to choreo that?" and sure enough it was. Between the two top 3 dances and the top 6 dance, I think Melissa was exposed as a lesser choreographer. Both Mia's piece and Sabrina's piece were far more compelling and interesting to watch. They had strong movement and emotion while the top 3 guys number seems like guys showing off at a club.

If Melissa was exposed as a choreographer, then Christian was exposed as a dancer. To be fair, he's the only not contemporary dancer left but in the top 3 guys number (especially) and the top 6 number, you can see that he just isn't as flexible, can't extend as far and can't jump as high as the other two guys. I think he also almost dropped Jordan in their contemporary number.

I was disappointed that we only saw 4 dances per person (solo, pair, trio, sextet). It would have been nice to see a bit more pair work. That said, I thought Lindsay did well with the hip hop, Melissa and Shane did well enough with their salsa (though the lifts at the end were a little shaky and unnecessary) and Jordan did alright in the contemp. She did have to save herself by grabbing onto Christian about half-way through.

09-08-11, 05:51 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Finale: Top 6"
I really didn't get Mia's number. It felt like a Charlie's Angels dream sequence.

And someone should have told Leah that orange lipstick does not go with a mulberry coloured dress.

09-08-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Finale: Top 6"
Anyone else half expect the dancers in Sabrina's number to whack themselves in the head with bibles during the song intro?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-12-11, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "And the Winner Is...."
Jordan!

That final show was amazing! I didn't start watching this season until a little late in the game. The overlap with the US show did not do the Canadian show any favours. Plus, is it just me, or is the cheesy clapping\cheering starting to resemble a laugh-track on a sitcom?

Was Adam always that good? Hawt!

Very pleased with the results. I voted for Melissa, but thought that these were all very deserving dancers.

09-13-11, 01:28 AM (EST)
25. "RE: And the Winner Is...."
Yep, I thought Melissa was a stronger dancer, but was pleased with either winning.

09-13-11, 09:41 AM (EST)
26. "RE: And the Winner Is...."
Missed the finale but heard about the winners. I'm not surprised that Jordan won. She was at a comparable level to Melissa and both girls above the rest of the competition. I think that the fact that Melissa got standing O after standing O may have rubbed voters the wrong way and Jordan is more attractive. I don't know if the final tallies were close or not.

I'm happy with the results and enjoyed the season though having both shows (American and Canadian versions) overlap so much did give me dance overload a bit.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-19-11, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "SYTYCD Canada Cancelled?"
When I watched the Finale on YouTube, a pop up said that SYTYCD Canada was not renewed for next year. Was it cancelled?

09-20-11, 01:45 PM (EST)
28. "Yep. "
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/09/14/ctv-cancels-so-you-think-you-can-dance-canada/

Apparently it was too expensive to produce. That's very disappointing.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-11, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Yep. "
Too bad.

They didn't do themselves any favours with the scheduling this year. I wondered why Leah wasn't advertising a tour.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-21-11, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SYTYCD Canada Cancelled?"
That's too bad. Canada has had some really good winners.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •