The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale 18 - First Show."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-28-07, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale 18 - First Show."
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-07 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

Well, Burnett is following his Rockstar formula - I love the worldwide voting. He again gets inspiration from American Idol, with the live audience in the big theatre, and the three judges.

What this show is missing right off the bat? A Simon Cowell. Carrie Fisher and Garry Marshall are both clearly going to be nice all the time, so it will be up to the guest judge each week to be the tough one.

Even Rockstar had Dave Navaro telling it like it was. This show needs that.

I can see the favorite videos hitting youtube each week.

It was a little strange that they left us hanging from the last episode - they never showed how the 6 got cut, or how the shooting of the scenes went. Strange.

But I think I'm goiing to like this!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The actors... Cathy the Canadian 05-28-07 1
   RE: The actors... tamarama 05-28-07 3
       RE: The actors... tamarama 05-28-07 9
       RE: The actors... Agman2 04-13-16 27
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 2
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 8
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Capn2patch 05-28-07 4
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 5
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Cathy the Canadian 05-28-07 20
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. jase 05-28-07 6
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Cathy the Canadian 05-28-07 19
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 7
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 10
       RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 11
           RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 16
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 12
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 14
       RE: Finale 18 - First Show. tamarama 05-28-07 22
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. adricharlie 05-28-07 13
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 15
       RE: Finale 18 - First Show. adricharlie 05-28-07 17
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. cahaya 05-28-07 18
   RE: Finale 18 - First Show. aquariaqueen 05-28-07 24
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Bebo 05-28-07 21
 My observations aquariaqueen 05-28-07 23
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Loree 05-29-07 25
 RE: Finale 18 - First Show. Agman2 04-08-16 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-28-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The actors..."
I'm wondering where the actors come from for the shorts each week. If they end up using the same people all the time, they could get a real career lift out of this show as well.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-28-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The actors..."
I'm recognizing alot of faces -- wish they'd give credits. Maybe they're on the website.

I've seen alot of people that regularly guest on other shows -- those character actors that you recognize but whose names you don't remember.

05-28-07, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The actors..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-07 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

there is a section on www.thelot.com called "casting" that has headshots of the actors.

I haven't checked imdb yet, but I know we've seen these folks before.

ETA: Oops, now that I've looked at them, it appears to be a different group than we saw in the udition episodes. Apparently they only wanted to pay for actors for the audition episodes.

Agman2 2655 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-13-16, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The actors..."
I recognize that I never watched the show!

05-28-07, 08:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
>>they never showed how the 6 got cut<<

Yeah, that's weird. I thought I missed something. They could have at least spent 2 minutes showing the 6 get cut.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying so far -- the judges have been a little critical here & there, so I'll withhold judgement on that so far.

I will say, poor dumb Marty didn't follow directions.

And hey - what's with the different chick hosting? I don't like her nearly as much as the other one.

cahaya 19346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Yeah, I tuned in a bit late, too. I was also kind of confused how we suddenly went from 24 to 18. Really, they should have started the series from this point (18 onwards) as there wasn't really much to miss in the earlier shows (too many contestants, too little material, too little time to show it).

Anyway, I'm kind of enjoying watching the clips and hearing the comments. I think by the time we get to the final 12, we'll know these aspiring directors better.

On with the show!

Capn2patch 2778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-28-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
I'm having trouble staying focused for 1 minute of film in between 5 minutes of commercials and soft banter.

It's not likely that I'll tune in for another one of these.

05-28-07, 08:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
I hear ya -- I've been behind (making dinner) and I'm about to catch up -- I may get more frustrated after the next commercial break.

05-28-07, 10:00 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
That's where being able to rewatch the shorts on the website will come in very handy. If we get some good videos from these guys (and there is alot of talent there), I think, like I said, there will be youtube buzz that will lead to water cooler talk, and this show could really take off.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-28-07, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
First impressions...I don't like the Host (where did they find her?) and the concept of unlimited internet voting (within a 2 hour period) in addition to voting by phone and text message. Would be better if you had only two choices not three. No need for fake audience reactions (laughter, applauding, etc...). They're trying way too hard to sell what's going on. The judges need to offer/have more constructive criticism/comments.

They went right into the Final 18 because the two previous episodes did very, very poorly in the ratings. I wouldn't be surprise if they did more of this (reduce the amount of episodes) in the future. I like the concept, but can't see a second season of this. They re-aired the first two episodes on Fox Reality recently which isn't a good sign.

05-28-07, 09:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
.I don't like the Host
>(where did they find her?)

I recognize her as being part of the Robin & Company morning show on CNN Headline News. She does the entertainment reporting.

She's okay. I like her on CNN. Spunky little personality.

05-28-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
I'm a little disappointed at how many of them went for the easy fart/puke/pee jokes.

Like Gary said - comedy is tricky, and the gross-out stuff is cheap & easy -- but not necessarily good.

Some of these really suck -- Kenny's cab driver and the chick who graduated from film school were incomprehensible.

Dude, Jason looks like Max Perlich.

I also agreed with Carrie & the others that the 'nerd' in the movie theater seemed more mentally challenged than nerdish. I was thinking the same thing while watching.

05-28-07, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Well, the SafeCo clip by Zach was pretty good! Kind of reminded me of the mousetrap boardgame. Good FX and characterization. Best of the Lot so far, I think.

05-28-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Agreed -- I loved that.

So far, that and the dancing guy were my favorites. I kinda liked the barfing aliens too.

05-28-07, 09:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
The airport strip scene made me laugh, because I've been through it inside and outside the U.S. so many times. It's a limited audience clip, tho, as a lot of folks who don't fly might not get some of it.

05-28-07, 09:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Hey! That was Stuart Pankin in the golf piece!

05-28-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Good gosh, you're not only a trivia nut in singing circles, but also acting ones!

(*gulp*) Who's Stuart Pankin, out of curiosity?

05-28-07, 10:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Um, yeah. One of my geekier thangs is a love for character actors.

Stuart Pankin has been everywhere, has guested on just about every tv show ever, and had bits in tons & tons of movies. I can't even name one that would instantly make you remember him -- but I guarantee you've seen him!

He's a little older & thinner now though - so maybe not as recognizable.

It's a sickness I tell you. I also recognized the guy from last week that was homeless & ended up dying from the peanut butter sandwich -- don't remember his name, but I'll figure it out!

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-28-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
So far I like a few of them but probably not enough to actually spend time voting for any. The only judge that isn't annoying is Gary Marshall. Carrie is just irritating and all the other guy is doing is agreeing with Carrie.

Courtesy of Tribe....

05-28-07, 09:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Well, I like Carrie better than Paula, if there's any comparison to be made. Agreed, the second judge is colorless. I do like Gary Marshall a lot, good observations.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-28-07, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Carrie is definitely better than Paula as she actually gives constructive criticism and serious feedback. I just don't necessarily agree with all her views.

Courtesy of Tribe....

05-28-07, 09:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Ok, it's back on tomorrow at 8 EST for one hour with the results. Three get cut and 15 will move on. This show definitely has the AI format ring to it. I hope they manange to fill up that hour in an interesting way or viewership will decline.

This show has a good premise, but they'll have to be careful not to stretch it into long shows. I just want to see the clips with a few comments, without much filler. I hope they do that.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-07, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Not sure it needs an hour, but we'll see what they do with it.

Bebo 20905 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-07, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
I missed that first episode, but I'm glad I've caught this one. Yeah, there are a group that Mr. B and I won't mind see going, but there aren't that many that had us really psyched. Dancing guy, Zach, and the last two were my favs, but I did laugh at the barfing aliens too.

While it looked slick, I'd cut Marty for not following directions. He copped out. It's much easier to do a trailer, since you don't have to worry about presenting a complete story.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-07, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "My observations"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-07 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

I am not nearly as astute as the majority of you folks, but here goes:

Directors, the panel doesn't like bodily function jokes...learn that today!!

Garry wants sexy films!!!

I loved the dancing guy....very different.

I walked in 10 or so seconds into the golf movie, I had NO idea it was a miniature golf course.

Lucky Penny was ho-hum for me.

Getta Rhoom did seem to be leaning more towards a mentally challenged person vs. a nerd. Risky and wrong in my book.

Claudia's would have been cute if not for the farting in the stall, just being in the men's room was funny enough.

I actually enjoyed the hostess...

Overall, I like the show, because it's different. And if done right, we should see so many different things each week. I'll keep watching it as long as it doesn't compete with something I like better.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
I watched and liked it. I think I liked the same ones that everyone else did. I did not understand Kenny's at all. But I spent the first few minutes wondering if I had missed an episode. I didn't understand what happened to the last challenge and how they got rid of the 6 contestants. Very odd that was never mentioned.

Agman2 2655 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-16, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Finale 18 - First Show."
Bump

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •