The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did anyone watch?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-13-10, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did anyone watch?"
We watched the first episode; very different from the past: liked that they started with the white room and gave each person a helper, but that's where the "good" part ended. As far as sending them to the Asian market, okay; $500 limit was okay too. But the concept they had was bad. If they had been assigned a "client," there would have been more than 10 to 15 minutes to learn about the person and his/her tastes.

Sorry, but it looks "rigged" with Nina getting the 'best' design slot. Her design was pure junk--and not representative of the person she was to profile; he was too nice to complain, but she threw him under the bus immediately. She came off looking like a real "witch"! Would NEVER watch a show of hers!

Then when they axed the one who really tried, and not the one who spent her whole presentation telling why her design was bad, all we could say was, "What are the judges thinking????"

Anyone else watch???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I did udg 06-14-10 1
   RE: I did, too mindy23 06-14-10 2
       RE: I did, too riverrocker 06-15-10 3
           RE: I did, too HungryInTheUniverse 06-16-10 4
 RE: Did anyone watch? iltarion 06-17-10 5
   RE: Did anyone watch? jase 06-19-10 6
 RE: Did anyone watch? HistoryDetective 06-20-10 7
 RE: Did anyone watch? riverrocker 06-20-10 8
   RE: Did anyone watch? Kyree 06-21-10 9
 RE: Did anyone watch? Max Headroom 06-22-10 10
   RE: Did anyone watch? ARnutz 06-24-10 12
 RE: Did anyone watch? iltarion 06-22-10 11
 RE: Did anyone watch? tjdmlhw 06-28-10 13
   RE: Did anyone watch? jase 06-29-10 16
 Dear Trent HistoryDetective 06-28-10 14
   RE: Dear Trent iltarion 06-28-10 15
       RE: Dear Trent jbug 06-29-10 18
       RE: Dear Trent djandy 07-09-10 20
   RE: Dear Trent Max Headroom 06-29-10 17
       RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT... mindy23 07-06-10 19
           RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT... iltarion 07-12-10 21
               RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT... ARnutz 07-12-10 22
           RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT... HistoryDetective 07-14-10 31
 Episode 4 ARnutz 07-12-10 23
   RE:What kind of bug crawled up Vern... mindy23 07-12-10 24
       RE:What kind of bug crawled up Vern... riverrocker 07-12-10 25
   RE: Episode 4 Max Headroom 07-12-10 26
       RE: Episode 4 iltarion 07-12-10 27
           RE: Episode 4 JessicaRN 07-12-10 28
               RE: Episode 4 gumnut 07-14-10 29
                   RE: Episode 4 jbug 07-15-10 32
                   RE: Episode 4 tjdmlhw 07-16-10 34
 Dear Tom HistoryDetective 07-14-10 30
   RE: Dear Tom jbug 07-15-10 33
   RE: Dear Tom Max Headroom 07-16-10 35
       RE: Dear Tom HistoryDetective 07-17-10 36
 Episode 5 ARnutz 07-19-10 37
   RE: Episode 5 Max Headroom 07-19-10 38
       RE: Episode 5 ARnutz 07-19-10 39
           RE: Episode 5 mindy23 07-19-10 40
   RE: Episode 5 tjdmlhw 07-19-10 41
   RE: Episode 5 jbug 07-20-10 42
 Dear Nina HistoryDetective 07-25-10 43
 RE: Did anyone watch? riverrocker 07-25-10 44
   RE: Did anyone watch? ARnutz 07-26-10 45
       RE: Did anyone watch? mindy23 07-27-10 46
           RE: Did anyone watch? iltarion 07-27-10 47
 RE: Did anyone watch? iltarion 08-02-10 48
   RE: Did anyone watch? Kyrie 08-03-10 49
       RE: Did anyone watch? iltarion 08-03-10 50
 RE: Did anyone watch? riverrocker 08-08-10 51
   RE: Did anyone watch? ARnutz 08-08-10 52
 RE: Did anyone watch? riverrocker 08-08-10 53
   RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judg... mindy23 08-09-10 54
       RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judg... Tummy 08-09-10 55
           RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judg... mindy23 08-11-10 62
       RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judg... ARnutz 08-09-10 56
           RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judg... tjdmlhw 08-09-10 58
   RE: Did anyone watch? Max Headroom 08-09-10 57
       Bring back Clive! jbug 08-09-10 59
           Worst Season Evuh! iltarion 08-09-10 60
               RE: Worst Season Evuh! HistoryDetective 08-11-10 61
                   RE: Worst Season Evuh! udg 08-11-10 63
 Down to the final 2 Max Headroom 08-16-10 64
   RE: Down to the final 2 riverrocker 08-16-10 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-14-10, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I did"
I actually liked some of the changes they made this season. I didn't realize that Clive Pearse was gone until the final elimination. Didn't miss him at all (not that I disliked him, I just didn't miss him). I love that they got rid of that cheesy catch phrase, "Your show has been canceled."

I like that they started with the white box challenge. Combining it with a "shop at a funny store" and the "super tiny budget" and the "inspired by another contestant" challenges was a bit too much. Combining 2-3 typical/expected challenges could be cool. Four was way too many (where's that "editing eye?").

The winner definitely wasn't the best. The bottom 6 were totally the worst. I liked the color scheme of the girl who was "safe." I thought the dark floor & wainscoting helped create the illusion that the bed was floating, which could have been really, really cool if the rest of the room had been well executed.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-14-10, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I did, too"
Did NOT like Nina, even before she threw her partner under the bus! All the editing focused on her ego even before she got a chance to show off her style. Which I thought was tacky at best. Talk about looking like an Oriental Store! Excuse me...

She really is into herself, and I agree-I would NOT watch a show with her narrating/decorating ideas. She's already proven to be driven by ego and selfishness, and there has to be SOME element of a nice person for me to even sit and spend time with a host.

I really can't say that any of the designs stood out, but eliminated girl (Julie?) oh, she was bad! My grand daughter could have done better. What was up with the feathers? Who does that? What real live home interior decorator throws goose feathers on the floor and calls it a day? NOT!

And thanks, but no thanks, I happen to be allergic! Did she even ask her client THAT very vital question?? She did deserve to go home, that's for sure.

The other, quirky girl, IMHO, knew what she did wrong, knew she needed to address it, and show the judges what she was capable of doing, if they kept her. So, they did. And I'm glad.

Oh, I didn't miss Clive, either. Especially not his fog horn!

06-15-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I did, too"
I never even missed Clive--until I read the comment on here! When I mentioned it to hubby, he said, "Oh I noticed right away." Yeah, like right. Ha And that horn! Wow. No wonder this episode seemed "quiet"!

Good point about asking about a feather allergy! I think she thought she was copying Bromstead's idea when he used pet litter as a 'rug' in the white room. And then the judge didn't walk on it! Hmm. Wonder why Candice felt the need to shuffle through the feathers; however, that said, it certainly was NOT a room for a GUY!

HungryInTheUniverse 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-16-10, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HungryInTheUniverse Click to send private message to HungryInTheUniverse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I did, too"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-10 AT 03:03 AM (EST)

I agree. Nina seems horrible as a person and as a designer. To me, her room looked more like a bad Asian market than many of the others. And exactly how creative is it to remove handles from umbrellas and then shove them on the wall? That is *not* repurposing.

With the feathers, didn't a contestant get kicked off on another season when he used dried beans for some "Santa Fe" look?

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-17-10, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did anyone watch?"

Design Star is excellent. The wife and I always Tivo it.

I think a team challenge is a better challenge to start with. It makes the contestants get to know each other right away and reveals more to us about their character.

I agreed with the Top 6 and the Bottom 6 except for Tom, who should not have been in the Bottom 6. Nina's room was completely BLAND. I have NO IDEA why they designated her the top designer of the week. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen so many safe designs during the white-room challenge.

Julie should never have been booted. I completely disagree. Her room was a big miss, but she was the most creative designer in the challenge. When you take that kind of risk, sometimes its great and sometimes its terrible, but she should have been awarded for actually trying something imaginative. Plus, her hosting was too scripted, but it was still better than the blond who spent her entire video babbling about how terrible her room was.

Alex didn't even finish his room. He and Emily should have been the Bottom 2.

But no, lets go ahead and award the designers who played it safe and get rid of the most creative one. I thought Julie got ROBBED.

Bad start for the season.

>

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-19-10, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I can live with the show changes and the need to class it up a bit, but I still miss Cynthia Rowley and Martha McCully as judges. Plus, openly discussing someone's fate as they stand a few yards away seems cold and unnecessary.

It's better to send people out, discuss and then call them back in. Keep it professional!!! Other than that, it was a decent start.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-20-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I wish that this set of judges would have left along with Clive. I don't find any of them warm or likable in any way. I have no interest in watching any of their shows. HGTV certainly has enough talent that they could bring in new judges.

I agree that there were too many elements to the first challenge.

I did not agree with the judges' choice for the best design. There were others that were both more sophisticated and more interesting.

I thought that the eliminated designer presented a mess, but she at least tried to put together a theme for her presentation instead of just babbling about what she did wrong.

06-20-10, 11:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-10 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

Pardon me while I scream, "Aaargh!" They had the chance tonight to eliminate the WORST person in the whole lot--as far as a "personality" and a "designer" are concerned! And they blew it and sent the wrong person in the bottom two home! Granted, we would have voted both of the two "worst" off and thrown in a couple of more.

The judges seem more concerned about the "personality for TV" than about the ability of the contestant to relate to the viewer. Hmm. What does that say? But if that is their main criterion, then why not eliminate the person who is so full of herself that she will disengage the audience the minute she opens her mouth? Nina is no Antonio--although we don't watch him either. "Ego" should never trump "design" when the show is about design--and right now, we're not impressed with ANY of these contestants.

Kyree 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-21-10, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyree Click to send private message to Kyree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I'm shocked beyond belief at the them sending Tera home. She put together the MOST refined and awesome white room, period. The judges reasoning makes no sense. As noted above, they don't seem to be looking for designer as much as they're looking for a personality, i.e., Antonio. They want someone who thinks differently from most, and unfortunately, that doesn't describe the HGTV viewer base majority. If Antonio was offered up to decorate your entire house, would you say yes? I know he has a few fans, but most of us would decline, admit it and they're moving in the exact same direction this season.

YES, I do miss Clive. He was the go-between and this conferring in front of the contestants isn't working at all.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-10, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
Even though there's no Clive this time around, at least they found contestants with personalities this season. While I can't stand Nina, the show still needs someone like her. Reality TV shows need a little nastiness to keep people watching-- they come back every week to see if the villain gets their comeuppance or not.

I also thought the cattiness and infighting among the women's team was entertaining to watch, and it was refreshing when Vern said that it was very hard for the judges to agree on only two worst designers. DW and I agreed that the whole bunch of them did a lousy job.

There was obviously some significant editing, as mousy Stacey and her 8-hour chair paint job didn't earn her a ticket to the bottom two designers.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-10, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I agree. they will keep Nina around for awhile for the drama!

06-22-10, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-10 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-22-10 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

Wow. For two weeks in a row, I was shocked at who was sent home.

First of all, I was pulling for the men, who at least got along and performed as a team, and I was completely stunned that the judges thought the men's apartment was better. Even with wanting the women to lose, I didn't think it was even close. I thought their apartment was clearly the better design. I guess that shows what I know.

I thought Courtland's wall was the only decent design in the men's apartment, and their bedroom was completely uninspired.

With the women being selected as the losers, regardless, I was surprised Casey wasn't in the Bottom 2. She had the Grizzly style, which was no where to be found in the women's design.

The 2nd woman in the Bottom 2 should have been Nina. I didn't think her design was that bad, but she forced her way into the leadership role. I respect that, but the main drawback to that position is you take the majority of the blame when the team loses. So, the judges got her right, but they never said the right reason why.

I don't agree that Nina was the best designer last week. That being said, the judges couldn't eliminate her this week after they designated her the star last week.

Nina, nor the judges, seemed to grasp that this was a team challenge. The women lost as a team. For any of the women to hold their ground with Nina would have simply caused discord within the team and wasted time. The judges said "this is a competition." Wrong. The competition on this particular task was the men, not each other. By steamrolling others, Nina gained herself nothing, and the other women allowing themselves to be steamrolled actually did what was in the best interest of the team. Fortunately for Nina, the judges, at least what was shown, didn't recognize this at all.

The judges seemed full of contradictions to me. Just keep the challenges individual if you are going to judge them that way.

And finally, I liked Tara. Real shame to see her go. Good host too. Color matches are a key part of fashion. Also, the navy button-up seemed to drape over the yellow inner shirt the same way the navy curtains draped over the yellow walls. Personally, I thought the design did evoke the fashion style. Perhaps Tara should have explained it that way.

>

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-28-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
The only thing about this season that I'm not disappointed with is the contestants. They may not be the best group ever on Design Star, but they aren't the worst either.

I'm very disappointed in the judges. I've always enjoyed watching these 3 on their own shows, but they seem to let their egos get in the way on this show. Finally, the routine of showing the final twos videos and pretending that they decide who is going home while they are standing there is ridiculous. They've already decided who they are going to eliminate at that point, they should show the videos and then explain why they chose one over the other.

The challenges this season are another weak spot. The white room has always been a good test of a contestants ability, but this year they threw in the twist that you were designing for one of the other contestants. All a contestant had to do was say "No, that's not what I wanted at all." and all the hard work put in was negated. Nina did this and was rewarded for her back stabbing.

The last two challenges were even worse. Take this clothing outfit/musical instrument and incorporate it into a room that is being designed by a team. Once everyone puts their own design for their item into the space, you end up with a confused design. And if the other contestants don't agree, then your part is thrown out and you have come up with another idea.

I think they need to go back to the old judges whose egos were not quite as large. The challenges should be more toward testing the individuals talents and when you do have a team challenge, it should be with a single design theme.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-29-10, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-29-10 AT 00:55 AM (EST)

"The only thing about this season that I'm not disappointed with is the contestants. They may not be the best group ever on Design Star, but they aren't the worst either.

I'm very disappointed in the judges. I've always enjoyed watching these 3 on their own shows, but they seem to let their egos get in the way on this show. Finally, the routine of showing the final twos videos and pretending that they decide who is going home while they are standing there is ridiculous. They've already decided who they are going to eliminate at that point, they should show the videos and then explain why they chose one over the other.

The challenges this season are another weak spot. The white room has always been a good test of a contestants ability, but this year they threw in the twist that you were designing for one of the other contestants. All a contestant had to do was say "No, that's not what I wanted at all." and all the hard work put in was negated. Nina did this and was rewarded for her back stabbing.

The last two challenges were even worse. Take this clothing outfit/musical instrument and incorporate it into a room that is being designed by a team. Once everyone puts their own design for their item into the space, you end up with a confused design. And if the other contestants don't agree, then your part is thrown out and you have come up with another idea.

I think they need to go back to the old judges whose egos were not quite as large. The challenges should be more toward testing the individuals talents and when you do have a team challenge, it should be with a single design theme."

I couldn't agree with you more. After watching the first two episodes...I'm done. There's no sense of excitement at all and the contestants are weak. I use to enjoy this show very much, but not anymore.

06-28-10, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Dear Trent"
Dear Trent,

Do you remember everybody scrambling to finish the room during the second episode? Do you remember that exposed outlet? Do you remember your solution? That's right, get a vase and put a leafy plant in front of it? Did you think that it was a permanent solution that would continue to fool others once they spent any time in that room?

I bet that you did!

I bet that you did because you have applied the same line of reasoning to your BALD head. Do you really think all of those baseball caps have fooled anybody? Do you think that we do not realize that you are BALD? Do you think that we do not recognize the difference between a guy who likes baseball caps for either fashion or convenience and a guy who never, ever appears without a baseball cap (even in his publicity photo) because he is BALD?

Wearing that baseball cap and thinking that you are fooling us is such a Rasshole move. I only wish that Nina would have burned all of your baseball caps before you got eliminated.

There's nothing wrong with being bald. In fact, it looks quite striking on many men. Own up to it and work with what you've got.

I would never trust a designer who takes such a makeshift approach to his own personal appearance. If that's the level of ingenuity, innovation, and expertise that you bring to designing your own appearance then I am not really interested in seeing much else of what you have to offer. It was good to see you and your BALD head go early in the competition.

Sincerely,
HistoryDetective

06-28-10, 11:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Dear Trent"

I thought it was absolutely bizarre when everyone showed up for the board room and Trent was wearing his big hat. It was completely out of place.

I am completely bamboozled by the judges so far this season. Last week I thought the women had the better space, the guys won. This week, I thought the guys easily had the better space, the women won. The judges liked Nina's horrific garish wall and the opposing wall of plain wood and plants that was somehow supposed to invoke a trumpet. Craziness.

It seems like the judges are just making stuff up as they go along.

Unlike the first two weeks, however, I don't have a problem with who they sent home. Trent is a good team player, the kind of guy that every team needs, but he is no Design Star.

Alex is useless, should have been gone all 3 weeks now, but I figured from the beginning they would keep him around as long as possible.

>

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-10, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dear Trent"
It seems like the judges are just making stuff up as they go along.

& with that you have described every reality show that has judges

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-09-10, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Dear Trent"
>I am completely bamboozled by the judges so far this season.

These ARE the judges that decided that Antonio should have won last year. Their taste levels are seriously in question over that decision.

06-29-10, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dear Trent"
At least the judges got it right this week-- Trent was the weakest designer in the episode, and Alex was the second-weakest. I can't say I'll miss Trent either, as he had a bland personality and mediocre design skills.

And always wearing that dorky hat didn't help either.

07-06-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT...."
I did catch a few minutes of an episode last Sunday. Have no idea what it was about, but it brought me to this conclusion: Courtland is one of the most amazing creation known to mankind!

I mean, he is visually perfect, is he not? I know, I know, he 'may' not be so 'into' women, but I don't care. HE IS GORGEOUS! I would watch whatever show he is on, just so I could drool, and get even more dehydrated here in the desert.....that's all I have to say. Oh, plus, he seems to be a pretty darned good designer and guy, too.

07-12-10, 01:58 AM (EST)
21. "RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT...."
So, your ideal man is 5' 8" and 140 lbs?

Antonio winning last season was a no brainer. Not even close.

Congrats, Dan, on joining the growing list of contestants that were wrongly sent home. The guy has one bad week in 4 and he is sent home. Alex has had 4 bad weeks in 4. The judges never even mention the host videos in sending home Julie and Tera, who had better videos than their opponents, and then they talk about nothing else in sending Dan home.

I could see it coming though. Anything to keep Alex around.

>

07-12-10, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT...."
I totally agree on the Dan/Alex issue! Ridiculous!

07-14-10, 09:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I've been away for 2 weeks, BUT...."
HE IS GORGEOUS!

I agree that Courtland is a very (VERY) attractive man, but he needs to stop dressing like that little imp Jay from the last season of Project Runway. At least he doesn't wear a ridiculous scarf with all of those low V-neck T-shirts.

07-12-10, 08:55 AM (EST)
23. "Episode 4"
Enough with the group challenges already!

Nina, the one hit wonder, steamrolled yet another contestant. I can't stand her, but she won't win, so I'll keep watching until I can cheer her exit.

Alex clearly should have gone... again!

I also hate how this looks too much like the Apprentice now. When contestants are eliminated, it looks just like when they exit the boardroom and go out to the cab. Mark Burnett need a new shtick. They need to bring back the old format.

07-12-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
24. "RE:What kind of bug crawled up Vern's behind??"
Honestly, this show is NOT a matter of life or death! But the look on this man's face makes me feel he's in horrid pain, or else missing Pierse something awful!

Geez, get a grip would ya? These guys are NOT going to be taking your place anytime soon-just ask the last 3 winners! I can't even remember who they were, except for Antonio whom I saw in an ad for Pier One.

As for this last episode-so not right!! Dan was an amazing hard working guy who got stomped on because he HELPED out his team, did what he needed to do to help them win, got shafted in the end, and all over what? A stupid flower that his competition called asparagus??

Whatever. Alex, your days are numbered anyway, dude. No point in celebrating.

07-12-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE:What kind of bug crawled up Vern's behind??"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-10 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-12-10 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

So absolutely disappointed in the judges! Keep Nina--I know for the 'drama'--and Alex who couldn't even get the paint right? We sort of wondered if he "sabotaged" that order list, but would have been bad to have done so, as he would have assured himself the exit, which again raises the question of them being "uable to say which design was best."

Poor Dan! He worked so hard for the benefit of the "team," and in the end, he was punished for it. So NOT fair!

Unfortunately, it looks like next week's challenge won't be a women vs. men. Rats. I wanted Nina and crew--don't like any of the women this year--to go down the drain w/o Dan there to pick up the slack.

Since apparently "they" have already picked their winner, why are "we" having to watch them pretend it is a competition???

The only ones we might watch are Courtland, Michael, & Tom--depending on how well the show was put together. And yes, Vern looked as "sour" as could be! Any one of those three guys--or Dan can replace Vern any time in our opinion!

07-12-10, 10:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 4"
I'm ready for some "normal" challenges. Not challenges inspired by music, or challenges inspired by flowers, normal challenges like we'd see in someone's home. These abstract ideas aren't representative of what a designer's customers would want.

As for the designers, Alex looked like a dead duck until he started speaking in front of the camera. That was the most inspired hosting we've seen all season, and I think it saved him from elimination. He hasn't shown much on the design side, but at least he'd be watchable. Do the judges really think an audience would want to watch Nina on a TV show? Or any of the other women except Casey?

It's been obvious to me for a couple of episodes that the winner is Michael. (No spoilers, just my opinion.) He's well-spoken and articulate, and he seems to be a competent designer too.

07-12-10, 10:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 4"

Yeah, I would watch Casey.

>

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-12-10, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 4"
Out of the 4 in the bottom, Dan was my favorite. I'm also hating this format and the judges. Back in the Trading Spaces days, Vern and Genevieve used to be my favorites, but now they seem to have a really hard edge, that I don't care for. I think it was a dirty trick to have a team challenge and then change it to an individual challenge. (Top Chef did a double elimination based on pairings, and one went home who probably shouldn't have, but that was the way the challenge was set up, so live with it).

I also don't like the way they appear to make their decisions whispering back and forth, while the contestants stand right in front of them.

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-14-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 4"
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-10 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

Definitely agree with you about the "hard "edge from Vern and Genevieve. The judges are all so grim and I think I know why.....
"no talented contestants"!

This season seems more of a decorating show than a competition and I do not like the changes. Unfortunately there is not one decorator standing out. Perhaps there will be no winner!

Please, bring back Clive Pearse!

07-15-10, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 4"
I miss Clive too!
His exit line to the eliminated one was so much better than the judges...

07-16-10, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 4"
You could be right about the contestants not having any talent, but it's really hard to tell with the challenges they have been given. We've all seen designers on HGTV shows take a customers favorite object and design a space around it, but to create a design from a musical instrument, clothing outfit, or a flower and have to incorporate that into an overall design with 4 or 5 other people designing for a different object is ridiculous.

Even the white room challenge was messed up by having them design it for one of the other contestants and then have the other contestant rate the room. Nina took full advantage of the weakness of that plan.

What we need is some real customers for the designers to design for. Give them the chance to really show if they have any talent.

I'm enjoying The Next Food Network Star a lots more than Design Star this year. The challenges are real and the judges appear to have a good idea of what a contestant would need to become star of a show.

07-14-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
30. "Dear Tom"
Dear Tom,

Have you noticed the guy with all the equipment standing about ten feet from you everywhere that you go? You have? Good, so now that you are aware that he exists, you should also know that he is called the cameraman. That's right! He's got a camera! Focused on you! Ten feet away!

I tell you this because you seem to be confused. You are not in a theatre production. That means that you do not have to OVER-EMOTE for every. single. reaction shot when those grim little (well, Vern is little, but the other two are regular size) judges explain the challenges or, indeed, tell you any little thing.

You see, Tom, that cameraman is, I repeat, ten feet away. You do not need to OVER-EMOTE as though you are trying to convince a nearsighted elderly couple sitting at the back of the second balcony that you are having an authentic reaction. What with all that fancy technology, the cameraman picks up every one of your annoying reactions (and all that huffing and puffing) just fine.

You see, there is just no reason for you to act as though you are that excited or astounded or whatever over-emotion you are trying to communicate every single time one of the judges says anything at all. And if it is not an act, if you really are that excited or astounded or whatever, then I fear that hosting your own show would be even scarier television than you have demonstrated as a bit player in this train wreck of a season.

Sincerely,
HistoryDetective

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll decorate your house up!
*exaggerated head tilt*

07-15-10, 09:14 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Dear Tom"
*snort*

07-16-10, 10:19 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Dear Tom"
those grim little (well, Vern is little, but the other two are regular size) judges

Umm, HD, Candice towers over everyone in every episode of Divine Design I've seen, so I'm not so sure she's "regular" size.

I think she'd tower over Shaquille O'Neal! But Vern is definitely short.

07-17-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Dear Tom"
I'll take your word for it. I've only watched her show once. I didn't much care for it, so I never bothered to watch again. Thus my exposure to her is limited to Design Star. Since the judges never actually stand anywhere near the chum designers prospective hosts, I did not have a good basis of comparison.

07-19-10, 09:13 AM (EST)
37. "Episode 5"
I think the producers are playing with our judges personalities. When Vern asked Nina to leave to studio, the gruffness with which she was dismissed was reminiscent of the Donald. This is not our normal Vern and it stinks. Burnett needs to change this back to what it used to be and stop trying to make everything a copy of Apprentice.

Anyway, Nina is gone!!! Yay!!! I loved how the episode started with the switching of the teams and her talking about how superior the red team was, then she was babbling about being the best on her team, then she designs another frickin mural on the wall!

...but, ha!, the blue team won! ....and while they were down a man! Alex did step up this week by completing 2 projects and I thought his city skyline was great.

07-19-10, 09:42 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Episode 5"
Ding dong, the witch is dead.

Never thought that Alex (of all people) would be the one saving his team, and *ouch* to Michael for that thumb injury. The blue team's design was a lot better than the red team's, but I was surprised by the level of outrage displayed by the judges towards the red team. While the red team's room was crappy, nasty, grumpy Vern was still a shocker for me.

One thing I wish they would've explained is how they split up the designers into the two teams. In the past they've done a "pick a paint can" exercise to preserve the illusion that the dividing was done randomly, but this time around Genevieve just announced the teams. Not sure what was up with that??

07-19-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Episode 5"
I know! I was annoyed they didn't explain the team picking.

07-19-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Episode 5"
I have to tell you, I was way put off by the response the judges had to the red teams' designs. OK, bad, yes. But uncomfrotably morbid? Nah! Come on, lighten up, people!

Alex drew a picture of NYCity on the wall, AND it had the twin towers still intact. Isn't that a bit morbid, considering? At least I thought so...but not one judge made a comment about that. If that doesn't bring back bad memories, what the heck would? Unless he drew a plane heading into it, I suppose.

And I'm in no way trying to be light here, I just did not get the judges being so condeming and ridiculously dark about the black ceiling, the paneling, etc. There is NO way those designers meant ANY disprect to the FF's, NO WAY! And I don't think most of us would have ever considered that point if Grumpy Vern hadn't have brought that up.

I honestly thought the guy (Vern) was going to threaten to kick some bootie, start crying, and/or kick all 4 of them off the show! He was THAT crazy! Am I wrong here? Did the judges over-react just a tiny bit?

Yes, for sure, Nina's braille board that only a blind person-who would not even be watching this show (DUH!), would recognize, was dumb, and the recliner that didn't was not thought out. But all in all, I just don't think they were as hideous as Vern made it all out to be. He's either on a Mark Burnett paycheck roll, or he's a heck of a lot more patriotic than we give him credit for. I'm going to feel really bad if I find out he lost someone in 9/11. And in NO way would I EVER lessen any emotion from that incident. I just didn't think his judging was on the mark. It hasn't been this season.

This is a designer challenge. Not who was the most honorable/patriotic designer. If it had been, I think they would have discussed that-all of them-before hand...

07-19-10, 09:24 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Episode 5"
What gets me is that the judges told both teams that the Firemen in both houses loved what they had done. Then they turn around and tell the red team that they had done an awful job. What happened to pleasing the customer? If they are happy with the rooms then the designers must have listened and gave them something close to what they wanted.

At least the person I wanted to go home is gone.

07-20-10, 01:23 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Episode 5"
I'm glad Nina is gone too!

07-25-10, 02:07 AM (EST)
43. "Dear Nina"
Dear Nina,

You may have noticed that I like to offer constructive criticism to designer DAWs.

That being said, I don't have any advice for you. I'm just writing to say that you are a bitch and that nobody will miss you.

Sincerely,
HistoryDetective

07-25-10, 11:21 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-10 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

OMG! In watching design shows from "Trading Spaces," where we thought we'd seen it all when they put moss, straw, & feathers on walls, tonight's episode of Design Star blew all of that out the window!

A "blueberry" bathroom??? WT....? No windows in the place, and Tom paints it all blue? And said his "inspiration" was a denim tote??? In the Trump building?

And Stacey? She just took "idiocy" to a new low! Painters' dropcloths for "drapes" in the Trump building? No mattress on the bed?

At least the judges got it right and booted the both of them.

Don't you know that HGTV just got a hearty "bill" for "deconstructing" that apartment! The Donald didn't make his money by being snookered by people. No doubt his son learned the lesson as well. The only thing that surprised us was that the apt. wasn't already "deconstructed" when they went in to film their hosting spots.

Loved Courtland's sarcasm and snarkiness, but HE should have known better. There were three rooms. "HE" should have fought to do the living room properly, even if the other two had no clue.

The bright spot? Alex's pillow and Casey's art.

We're beginning to think that none of these will make it on 'real' TV!

07-26-10, 09:09 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I was hoping they would boot all three from the losing team because they all suck. As a matter of fact, this whole cast sucks and I would not watch any of them on their own show!

Enough with the team challenges already! Where are the individual ones? This is further proof the show is mimicking the Apprentice. Having Burnett on board has brought this show down.

I don't know why I'm still watching. I guess I enjoy torturing myself.

Well, that and there's no football on Sunday yet.

07-27-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I agree with the 'torture' comment. I think I just want to see how low they really can go! This is absolutely, by far, the WORST season ever!

And I thought it couldn't get much worse than last season...but what is up with the team concept? WHY OH WHY can't we just get a picture of what each person is capable of doing on their own?

Half of these people would have been hatcheted or still here if they had been on their own, I think. Maybe MB and Yip know what a bunch of duds there really are, so they think by putting them in school grade teams, we'll get too confused to know which is worse. I give up, and will just vote for Courtland, because of how beautiful he is, and it won't matter anyway. We'll never see him again, so what's the point??

07-27-10, 11:55 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Did anyone watch?"

Nina apparently doesn't know the meaning of the word "charisma." Personality, yes, charisma, no.

Courtland did argue against most the bad choices. So, I think he deserved to stay. I actually got a good laugh from his host video.

After being fairly strong all season, Stacy lost track of her brain someplace. What is up with Tom and painting ceilings? Dude has a fixation.

Funny, because I much prefer the way The Apprentice does it- team challenge with a project manager.

The team challenges are fine. Putting rooms together and working with people is what designers do. The stupid thing is the whole each designer having their own inspiration every show. They don't have time to make a great room and worry about their own design at the same time. Just let them make a great space. If you want to find out who the bottom designers were, just do it the old fashion way- ask them.

>

08-02-10, 11:48 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Did anyone watch?"

Another week, another faux team challenge with some stupid inspiration, another failure by the judges to make a rational decision, though they did last week, so congrats.

At least Alex is finally gone. It is completely fitting that he got the boot during a week when he actually wasn't bad. Not like the first 4 weeks, when he was useless and yet skated by.

This season has to be between Michael and Casey, right? Emily is too indecisive and Courtland has just been in trouble too many times.

Let me be the first to say that Casey is gorgeous. Did her husband look like an athlete? Did to me for some reason.

Personally, think the judges just threw their hands up and made the 4 most attractive contestants the final four, though Tera should be in there instead of Emily, but that is just me.

>

Kyrie 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-03-10, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyrie Click to send private message to Kyrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I'm in total agreement with you Iltarion. Tera far and away should have been there the entire time, compared to others. Courtland is just a bit cocky for my taste, and Alex just didn't "get it". To decide that the appliances were his interpretation of a corkscrew? What was he thinking? In one the first challenges, someone was slammed for just buying things and placing them around the room. I forget who it was, perhaps Alex? Help me out someone.

08-03-10, 03:59 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Did anyone watch?"

Could be Dan you are thinking of.

Tera's boot was a complete rip. They just didn't want to get rid of mural Nina yet because she was "good" TV.

Let's review some past debacle boots from this season

1. Julie - Her room was a huge miss, but it also was the most creative of all the rooms. You get rid of your most creative designer first? Idiocy. Should have went- Emily or Alex. Emily couldn't even finish her room without help, and Alex forgot to buy everything he needed and half filled his room.

2. Tera - Her yellow walls and purple drapes nailed her outfit to me, and her host video was great. Should have went- Emily or Nina. Emily was dazed and confused, again, and Nina's mural did not evoke her outfit and she was just a bad team player.

3. Dan - Was a strong team player who built the pieces his team came up with. He failed to convey his inspiration from his flower. Wow, shoot him. Should have went- Alex. Yeah, he had a better host video. That didn't do Tera or Julie any good. He was also among the two weakest players for the 4th week in a row.

4. Dude with Hat - Again another strong team player, which judges failed to give credit for all season even though they continuously had team challenges. Every team needs someone who is just going to shut up and do the work. He mainly was robbed because the men shouldn't have lost. The women's space was horrorshow, frankly. Should have went - Stacey or Nina. Nina was a byotch to work with but again, and painted a horrific purple wall and etch-a-sketch mural. Stacey thought wood planks and plants evoked a trumpet. I am still trying to figure that out.

>

08-08-10, 05:46 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
Am hoping Michael bites it tonight. Ugh. He doesn't have any of the charisma--or talent--that Bromstad has.

Emily? Meh. Bland and unentertaining--and no inherent talent IMO.

Courtland? Liked him at first, but each week he seems less able and talented. Don't think I'd watch his show.

Casey? Well, the best of the worst. She's cute and seems to have some good ideas.

Once again, they are just doing this show for the 'drama' and the ratings--and it is something to watch during the summer's rerun junk!

08-08-10, 07:06 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
I've been watching David's show a lot and I really think they will never top him as a winner. Anyone else just seems to not be able to hold a candle to him. I wish his runner up Alice would get a show. She was great too. Anyone after the first season has fallen flat on their faces.

That said, with this bunch... I might watch Courtland for the eye candy, but likely would not. I would never watch any of the others. I was hoping Michael would have been gone last week or before. His personality/voice is so grating.

Did you know? ...'drama' and 'ratings' are Mark Burnett's middle names. I think this is why they brought him on board this time. I have to say, he did the show no favors whatsoever! I want it back the old way or just ax it already.

Shark jumping anyone?

08-08-10, 11:11 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
Can we say, "disappointing"? Sigh.

Another show ruined by Mark Burnett.

There is no other Bromstad...and yes, Alice would have been good to watch as well.

Sigh. Another painful week...and irritating Michael remains; blah Emily remains; cutsey Casey remains; and Courtland can't get over doing the same wall AGAIN, can't remember the chef's name, and bites the dust.

08-09-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
54. "RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judges, either!"
They act like they are at a funeral every time they sit on their 'thrones'!! They make me want to hurl, honestly!! Vern is so out of control with his high and mighty attitude!

Geez, they act like this is a life-and-death situation, if you paint the ceiling the wrong color, or paint it or not. This is NOT Emergency 911 where people are dying of gun-shot wounds! This is decorating 101, barely.

I thought Casey's ugly, and I DO mean UGLY decor was horrid! That rug thing didn't even fit on that table, and her green ceiling was just FUGLY! But, once again, she got patted on the back, blah, blah, blah.

I KNEW Courtland was going the second he mispronouned Aaron Sanchez' name! OOOOH, BIG BIG NO NO!!! Hope he never changes his profession and ends up on 'Chopped'!! We all know how THAT will end! And it won't be anywhere near as pretty as he is!!!

Whatever. I could care less who wins now...

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-09-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judges, either!"
Emily did the green ceiling, not Casey.

08-11-10, 11:25 AM (EST)
62. "RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judges, either!"
>Emily did the green ceiling, not
>Casey.

Sorry. I should know better to critique after I've had a few cups of my mocha with the special sauce...Besides, they DO look an awful lot alike.

HEY, maybe the judges got them mixed up, too??

08-09-10, 10:48 AM (EST)
56. "RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judges, either!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-10 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

I am sure Vern has been programmed by drama king Burnett to act that way... you know, to cause more drama. (ETA: back up there in post #37, I said how he acts like the Donald. Burnett is trying to make Vern act like Trump. It's his tired, old formula.)

I could care less as well. I won't be watching next week.

Casey is dull and boring on camera. Her fugly designs won't work.

Emily is just a twit. Plain and simple.

Michael is barf-enhancing.

08-09-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
58. "RE: It wouldn't hurt to AX the judges, either!"
I switched over to Top Shot several weeks ago, Colby's imitation of Probst is a lot better than Vern's imitation of Trump.

I do jump over during commercial breaks, so I did catch glimpses of their dining rooms and saw Courtland get axed. Out of the people left, I think Casey is the most watchable, but that isn't saying much. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was anyone in this entire season that I would watch on a regular basis.

08-09-10, 11:27 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Did anyone watch?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-10 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

My prediction from a month ago was that Michael would be the winner (see post #26). Now that we're down to the final three, I stand by that prediction, but I'll have no interest in watching his show. And remember, the winner gets hir own online show. After a bunch of debacles (except for David Bromstad), HGTV is no longer guaranteeing a TV show to the winner.

None of the three finalists impress me very much, and the changes to the judging (and elimination of Clive as host) have made this season a bona-fide train wreck.

08-09-10, 11:56 AM (EST)
59. "Bring back Clive!"
Bring back Clive!
Bring back Clive!
Bring back Clive!
Bring back Clive!
Bring back Clive!

& his final line "Your show has been canceled"

Bring back Clive!

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

08-09-10, 02:10 PM (EST)
60. "Worst Season Evuh!"

I agree pretty much with everything being said here. This has been a practically unwatchable season. They need a big rebound next season or they are done.

The main issue to me has been the uncreative and uninteresting format and the erratic judging. I could not believe that they did a "inspiration from something work as a team but get judged individually" AGAIN. They have to allow these people to work in teams and judge them as such. How people interact with each other is the main reason why people watch any reality TV.

The host videos once again meant NOTHING. Why even have them? The women's videos were terrible, and yet they both got free passes. Courtland had the best video, and he got the boot, shows how much that means. Yeah, he got the Chef's name wrong, pretty stupid error, but it is a DESIGN show, not a cooking show, who cares unless the guy is promoting the show?

Michael- Beezlebulb called and he wants his mirror back. A mirror surrounded by smashed up and painted black angels? Who the heck outside of New Orleans or a Twilight set would want that hanging on their wall? Creepy.

Emily - She is pretty, but she has no charisma and lacks the self-confidence to have her own show. It is glaringly OBVIOUS. Her room was somewhat fugly.

If they had judged the rooms against each other, I thought Casey and Courtland's room was clearly superior. It certainly was the room I would prefer to eat in.

Casey - She is gorgeous. Agree with the judges there. Her personality does not seem to stand out well on camera though. She wouldn't be the first attractive woman with no personality on TV, however. Her ottoman was horrific, frankly, and didn't go with the room at all.

Courtland - He finished their table and set up their key wall. In other words, he was mostly responsible for he and Casey having the better room. He also had the best host video, except for his inexplicable butchering of the Chef. If judged as a team, he and Casey would have advanced. With him being judged as an individual, the judges were just looking for a reason to axe him. He had been in front of them too many times.

>

08-11-10, 07:43 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Worst Season Evuh!"
I haven't even bothered to watch the most recent episode yet. Are you all serious that it was ANOTHER team challenge --- with only FOUR designers left?! At this point, I just don't care who wins. A lot of the reason is that I don't feel that the challenges have allowed me to learn much about the designers as individuals. What a train wreck of a season.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-11-10, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Worst Season Evuh!"
At this point, I just don't care who wins. A lot of the reason is that I don't feel that the challenges have allowed me to learn much about the designers as individuals.

I couldn't agree more, HD!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

08-16-10, 11:03 AM (EST)
64. "Down to the final 2"
Finally we saw some real design work last night, though very little of it was present in Emily's space. To me the ranking was obvious: 1) Michael, 2) Casey, 3) Emily. While I thought Casey played it overly safe with her design (along with being visibly nervous in her hosting), I'd much rather stay in her room than in Emily's jumble of mishmashy furniture and odd colors. Given how this season has gone, I can't say I was surprised when the judges thought differently than I did.

Looks like a runaway win for Michael is on next week's agenda, as the second-best designer got eliminated last night.

08-16-10, 04:56 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Down to the final 2"
>Finally we saw some real design work last night, though very
little of it was present in Emily's space. To me the ranking was obvious: 1) Michael, 2) Casey, 3) Emily. While I thought Casey played it overly safe with her design (along with being visibly nervous in her hosting), I'd much rather stay in her room than in Emily's jumble of mishmashy furniture and odd colors. Given how this season has gone, I can't say I was surprised when the judges thought differently than I did.
>
Looks like a runaway win for Michael is on next week's agenda, as the second-best designer got eliminated last night.
>
>

Totally and completely AGREE! Wonder what kind of a room Courtland would have done had he been given the chance? Emily's room was a total nightmare!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •