The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-12, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
Or as I like to think of it, the week when half of you finally get around to discussing actual football.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaini... Max Headroom 01-07-12 1
   RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaini... Estee 01-07-12 2
 Texans/Bengals. Estee 01-07-12 3
 Bengals 7, Texans 0 Estee 01-07-12 4
 Texans 7, Bengals 7. Estee 01-07-12 5
 At the end of the 1st... Estee 01-07-12 6
 Who dey? Max Headroom 01-07-12 7
 The Bengals are numerically challen... Estee 01-07-12 8
 Halftime: Texans 17, Bengals 10 Estee 01-07-12 9
 RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaini... Molaholic 01-07-12 10
 RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaini... Max Headroom 01-08-12 11
 Jinx support Snidget 01-08-12 12
 After 4 1/2 innings: Mets 7, Braves... Max Headroom 01-08-12 13
   You lie. PepeLePew13 01-08-12 14
 Nice effort by the G-Men. Max Headroom 01-08-12 15
 Tebow clobbered by Gay. Estee 01-08-12 16
   RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. PepeLePew13 01-08-12 17
       RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. Estee 01-08-12 18
           RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. PepeLePew13 01-08-12 21
               RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. Estee 01-08-12 22
           RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. cahaya 01-09-12 26
               RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. samboohoo 01-09-12 27
                   RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay. Estee 01-09-12 29
 Overtime. Estee 01-08-12 19
 Broncos win on first OT play. Estee 01-08-12 20
   RE: Broncos win on first OT play. AyaK 01-08-12 23
   RE: Broncos win on first OT play. Max Headroom 01-08-12 24
       RE: Broncos win on first OT play. Estee 01-09-12 25
       RE: Broncos win on first OT play. emydi 01-09-12 30
 Utterly predictable. Estee 01-09-12 28
   RE: Utterly predictable. cahaya 01-09-12 33
       RE: Utterly predictable. Estee 01-09-12 37
 Logic chain of the year. Estee 01-09-12 31
   RE: Logic chain of the year. cahaya 01-09-12 32
       RE: Logic chain of the year. Estee 01-09-12 36
           RE: Logic chain of the year. cahaya 01-09-12 38
   RE: Logic chain of the year. Breezy 01-09-12 34
   RE: Logic chain of the year. PepeLePew13 01-09-12 35
   RE: Logic chain of the year. bondt007 01-10-12 41
       RE: Logic chain of the year. Estee 01-10-12 43
 Next weekend's Vegas lines. Estee 01-09-12 39
   RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-09-12 40
       RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. Max Headroom 01-10-12 42
           RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-10-12 44
               RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. PepeLePew13 01-10-12 45
                   RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. Snidget 01-10-12 46
                       RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. Estee 01-10-12 48
                       RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-10-12 49
                   RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-10-12 47
                       RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. AyaK 01-10-12 50
                           RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-10-12 51
                               RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. PepeLePew13 01-13-12 52
                                   RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines. cahaya 01-15-12 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-12, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
My complaint is that there's no fantasy football this week.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-07-12, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
You can always duplicate the feeling by going out and carefully picking some lottery numbers.

01-07-12, 05:53 PM (EST)
3. "Texans/Bengals."
So. Why is this game being announced by a televangelist? Shouldn't that be scheduled for tomorrow on CBS?

01-07-12, 06:00 PM (EST)
4. "Bengals 7, Texans 0"
To watch a 52-yard pass interference penalty in a game where I have no rooting interest is to wonder about the rules which basically allow that penalty to be any number between one inch and one inch short of the goal line. Give the offended team a first down? Sure, there's plenty of penalties which do that. But giant chunks of yardage? I know the logic is 'But if he'd caught the ball, he would have had that much and possibly more', but you can't say the interfered-with receiver will get the ball every time. Tebows are out there, and they're throwing.

But since the rules-as-written equally terrorize all teams, the parity stands...

01-07-12, 06:05 PM (EST)
5. "Texans 7, Bengals 7."
See? Unnecessary roughness: removing the receiver's head, fifteen yards. Why is that a lesser offense? That poor receiver isn't a GOP presidential candidate. He actually needs his head.

01-07-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
6. "At the end of the 1st..."
...neither team is settling in. Between all the self-recovered fumbles and idiot penalties, these look like very nervous groups. The double-rookie QB combination is showing to the point where the gamblers may not know who to avoid first. This game may wound up being won more on the opposition's mistakes than anyone's successes -- and whoever gets this one is going to be a heavy underdog for next week.

And that meets the stating-the-obvious quota for the weekend.

01-07-12, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Who dey?"
Blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eh5c8fE_kI

01-07-12, 06:50 PM (EST)
8. "The Bengals are numerically challenged."
'Okay, so we lost one -- lost two -- what do you mean, we don't get a third? We need to lose that too!'

Oh, look, there's Pacman Jones. Is he still in the league?

01-07-12, 07:15 PM (EST)
9. "Halftime: Texans 17, Bengals 10"
Note to #99: if you need oxygen after running a turnover in for a touchdown, your personal definition of 'football shape' may need some work.

Still has enough energy for a QB sack, though.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-12, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
Sir Charles (He of the SNL Host) picks the Bengals to come back at the half.

Let's see -- 2 1/2 min. left and they're only 21 points down.

Good thing he can host, idnit?

01-08-12, 12:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: NFL Wild Card Weekend complaining thread."
Two games, two blowouts by the home team yesterday. Wonder if today will be different?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-12, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Jinx support"
I will not be able to watch the Broncos game today, so if y'all want them jinxed I can't do it directly.

01-08-12, 03:24 PM (EST)
13. "After 4 1/2 innings: Mets 7, Braves 2."
And those New Jersey York fans are very loud.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-12, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "You lie."
Have you seen the Mets' offence lately? They couldn't score seven runs if you spotted them six in the first.

*waits for Estee to beat me into submission*

01-08-12, 05:18 PM (EST)
15. "Nice effort by the G-Men."
And we're three-for-three on blowout wins by the home team.

C'mon Snidge, we need your jinx to work.

01-08-12, 05:53 PM (EST)
16. "Tebow clobbered by Gay."
He had it coming.

01-08-12, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
I see that everyone else here is too stunned to pick up a keyboard at the moment to comment on this game.

01-08-12, 07:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
No, I think it's more that no one cares about the actual games any more unless they're serving as a source of fantasy points.

*sigh* My choices in this matchup were the serial sexual assaulter or the cultist poster boy/recruiter. The cultist is ahead. Yippee. Hooray for his side, which in his father's perfect world is the only side allowed to exist. But do you know the worst part of this not-a-miracle in progress? If the Broncos win, our best hope is the Patriots.

Death.

01-08-12, 09:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
I shudder at the thought of Denver going all the way to win the Super Bowl this year.

One third will forget there's a presidential election this coming year because of the 24/7 Tebowmania.

One third of the people will start evoking Harold Camping's name that the rapture is on fer sherr.

One third will see the world blowing up a la the movie 2012.

01-08-12, 09:18 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
*points down*

I believe I found a fourth reaction.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-12, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
No, I think it's more that no one cares about the actual games any more unless they're serving as a source of fantasy points.

Which is precisely why I rather enjoyed watching this weekend's wildcard games, with nothing at stake. I passed on the temptation of jumping into playoff fantasy leagues just so that I could watch them for a change.

The Texans avoided another meltdown but won't last another week, the Saints are on a roll and probably only the Packers can outshoot them, and the Giants D snuffed the Falcons but which Giants team will play next week? Oh, and the Broncos, Tebowing the embarrassed Steelers. The Pats had better watch out, especially with the less than stellar defense they've been playing all season (want fantasy points? start your players vs the Pats).

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-12, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
I completely agree with pretty much everything you said. I just told a fellow Skins fan at the bus stop this morning that I am loving the post season without stress (as I pretty much have been for the past 20 years).

I didn't watch all of every game, but I enjoyed what I saw. I absolutely loved the first half of the Steelers/Broncos game. From what I saw, Tebow played better than anything I had seen prior. I don't think he's a good quarterback, but I also appreciate that he's pretty much a rookie. I think his full potential has yet to be determined.

I had to go to a baseball league meeting at 7, and we could only see bits and pieces through a closed door. I thought, in the end, the Broncos deserved to win.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

01-09-12, 11:18 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Tebow clobbered by Gay."
{dark}Yeah, the less you see of the complete Tebow, the better he looks.{/dark}

01-08-12, 09:03 PM (EST)
19. "Overtime."
I think current Internet procedure is to hold both the F and Caps Lock keys down for about forty seconds.

Remember: each team is guaranteed a chance at one possession unless a touchdown is scored. And that's all.

01-08-12, 09:09 PM (EST)
20. "Broncos win on first OT play."
I now have to try and root for Hoodie.

*deep breath*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

I may not post in next week's thread. I'm not sure I'm starting it.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-12, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Broncos win on first OT play."
I didn't want to post after poor Andy Dalton's fiasco yesterday.

The "pick 6" by J.J. Watt wasn't just a great play on his own part. It also shattered Dalton's confidence. In the second half, he was about as accurate as John Lackey since he joined the Red Sox. I couldn't get over the feeling that he came out in the second half scared to death that he'd throw another pick. Then, when Houston scored again to make it 24-10, he promptly threw two more picks. I never thought T.J. Yates would be able to lead the Texans to victory, but I was wrong.

The other three games went the way I expected, though. From what I saw, Von Miller may be a rookie, but I think he's the best linebacker in pro football -- which just raises questions about why Texas A&M wasn't better during his time there.

01-08-12, 11:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Broncos win on first OT play."
As much as I loathe the Patriots, for one game I'll be rooting for them. For exactly one game.

01-09-12, 00:26 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Broncos win on first OT play."
{Apple Bloom}One. Game.{/Apple Bloom}

Believe me, this is a Groucho proposition in that it's one of the most nauseating ones I've ever heard and for me, that's really saying something. I already relayed my intentions to a circlemate and got back "So did you want me to drop you at the Ron Paul rally before or after the game?" Presumably assuming I'd be looking for a convenient means of suicide and it was just a question of scheduling.

I have to go be ill now.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Broncos win on first OT play."
I'm rooting for a Nor'easter

Go Texans!

01-09-12, 11:10 AM (EST)
28. "Utterly predictable."
Guess what percentage of the public pro-Tebow Internet commentary immediately turned to liberal bashing and condemnation of all non-Christians.

Aw, come on: guess.

On a less sickening note, I'd like to nominate the ball which bounced off the uprights to land on the 20 as the Greatest Touchback Ever.
'

01-09-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Utterly predictable."
Too bad they don't give points for 75-yard kickoff field goals.

Only at Mile High is that remotely possible.

01-09-12, 01:33 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Utterly predictable."
The best part may have been everyone simultaneously rooting for the ball to stick that exact landing -- including the announcing team. Football doesn't quite have the built-in goofiness of some other sports, and the moments when the surreal decides to cooperate are a little bit precious.

01-09-12, 11:53 AM (EST)
31. "Logic chain of the year."
1. Tubya threw for 316 yards.

2. John 3:16 is the sports-notorious passage about how the Christian deity so loved the world as to give up hir only son.

3. Therefore, Tubya is Jesus.

*headwall*

01-09-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
So the 3 TD's (one rushing, two passing) are the three gifts from the Three Wise Men?

Tweet! "Twelve disciples on the field, five sin penalty, repeat first down."

Surrender!

01-09-12, 01:30 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
Given the non-quality of the zebras we were forced to watch, it's safe to say wisdom had absolutely nothing to do with it. There were some horrible calls this weekend, along with a number of equally-putrid non-spots and 'I didn't even know they wore facemasks that could be grabbed.' If that was a preview of what we're up against for the rest of the postseason, then Tubya's deity has switched from hardening hearts to obscuring eyesight.

01-09-12, 03:11 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
Like that one TD pass to Colston that got overturned. The rules say the receiver has to have complete possession all the way down. Well, Colston did, except for that briefest moment the ball came loose as he landed after getting whacked on the head for a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness.

Ok, so a guy catches the ball in the end zone in the air, still not quite on the ground. I suppose it's Ok to clobber him senseless, helmet to helmet if necessary, for the 15-yarder (more like first and goal, half the distance) even though he actually caught the ball and maintained possession of it until right before he hit the ground in a daze.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-12, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
I heard that this morning!!! Idiots.

01-09-12, 01:11 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Logic chain of the year."

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-10-12, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
I love how much this all bugs you!

01-10-12, 09:33 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Logic chain of the year."
What bothers me

is that there are people

who are treating that logic chain

like gospel.

Not figurative gospel.

Literal.

01-09-12, 06:36 PM (EST)
39. "Next weekend's Vegas lines."
I generally don't pay much attention to these (as evidenced by my game pick history), but I'm posting the opening ones because it shows where the enticement begins. 'Come and get it -- surely the miracle will happen again... surely...' (If you're a Christian in an anti-gambling subsect, do you get an exemption for this?) As always, the lines will shift depending on where the money lands over the next few days.

Saints over 49ers by 3.5. (High-powered offense doesn't do as well on the road and San Francisco has a decent defense, so it's seen as more of a dogfight.)

Patriots over Broncos by 13.5. (Too many weapons, too much experience, and Hoodie will redecorate the visitor's locker room in Early Satanist.)

Ravens over Texans by 7.5, (Backing a third-string quarterback on the road, even against the ongoing no-safety-measures roller coaster that is the Ravens attempts to score, just doesn't feel like a solid bet.)

Packers over Giants by 8.5. (Packers are viewed as a clear favorite with a vastly superior offense, but fear of seeing Rodgers on his back about a dozen times keeps this in single digits.)

01-09-12, 09:25 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
As a matter of habit (coming from FF, pick 'em pools, and sheer mathematical interest that has me reading The Smart Money at the moment), I check these lines as soon as they come out.

What's interesting is how these lines move from the opening line, based not so much on whether the lines makers got it right or recent player news as it is based on public perception. After all, if the public is betting heavily on one side of the line, it's time for the bookies to adjust the line so that the bets are spread on both sides of the line.

So far, the opening lines are holding except for the Packers, whose 8.5 line has dropped to 8.0 or 7.5, meaning the public bettors as a whole think this may be a closer game than the original line suggested. There's also a 52-point over/under which implies a high scoring game that could be volatile.

I'm actually surprised the Pats line hasn't dropped as well, even with the 50-point over/under and the upset over the Steelers. It seems the bettors haven't quite bought into the Tebowmania where it really counts -- with cash.

01-10-12, 09:06 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
The bettors look at New England's 41-23 victory at Denver, then they consider how things will be different when the same teams play at New England. Personally, I think 14 points is low, and if I were a betting man, I'd take the Patriots and give the points.

01-10-12, 01:34 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
We'll have a side bet then. I'll take Denver and 14. The winner can have the honor of posting an "I told you so!" post here later.

01-10-12, 04:18 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
I think I'd join Max here... Hoodie is going to be making his players watch every offensive play by Denver from last weekend and he'll have a plan to contain Tebow. Pittsburgh was too arrogant and challenged Tebow to throw over them, that's why they lost.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
How much should I ask the Patriots for my jinxing services, I can watch Tebow this time.

And will this change the odds any on the Packer's game?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/10/us/wisconsin-body-found/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

01-10-12, 05:00 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
I saw that last night and vowed to make the life of any Giants fan who started talking about how good this was for the team into an utter misery. So far, no one has been that much of a self-involved jerk within earshot, but I've been careful to avoid sports radio all day.

The nightmare is the insane NY fan shoving him into the ice.

01-10-12, 05:13 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
This could theoretically have an impact if Joe Philbin doesn't act as OC next Sunday, but I don't expect much if so. Coach Mike McCarthy is active for much of the play-calling and if it comes to it, Rodgers can almost do it on his own.

From another article (ESPN):

Packers players are off Tuesday and the team has no scheduled media availability. But in an appearance Tuesday morning on ESPN Radio's "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," linebacker Clay Matthews said the team will dedicate Sunday's divisional playoff game against the Giants to the Philbins.

So far, there hasn't been any movement on the line based on this news either way, still holding at 7.5 or 8.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the Philbin family in their time of tragedy and loss.

01-10-12, 04:56 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-12 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

The problem with the Pats D is that any QB worth their salt has been able to throw over them, whether they prepared for it in advance or not. From a FF perspective, playing a QB, WR or TE against the Pats was a goldmine, with them ranking almost last (31/32) in yards allowed (4,977) with 26 passing TD's. Granted, most of that comes from teams having to had play from behind and airing it out in an attempt to catch up, but that's where the danger lies with Denver.

And the Denver D has been underrated for much of the season. They effectively covered Gronk and Welker last game, although Brady managed to get a TD each with Hernandez (who had a big game with 9 receptions) and Mr 85 on his lone reception.

What killed Denver in their last meeting was the three fumbles, two in the second quarter. If Denver manages to protect the ball better this time around, it could be a closer game than some folks might expect. Recall that Denver jumped out to a 16-7 lead, chewing up the clock and keeping Brady off the field, before the game unraveled with the fumbles.

I expect the Pats to win, but it might not be the cakewalk that a 14-point line suggests. A blowout is possible, but I think unlikely in this game.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
One of the fascinating sidepoints with the Patriots is that the team shuffled its defensive backfield for the game against the Bills. With the return of safety Patrick Chung, the Patriots started the game with Kyle Arrington and Antwaun Molden at CB and Chung and Devin McCourty at S, with Sergio Brown and Sterling Moore as the extra corners.

After the third drive (all Buffalo TDs), the Patriots went back to playing slot WR/KR Julian Edelman (a college QB) at permanent nickel back covering the slot receiver and moved Molden, Brown and Moore into a rotation at the corners and dime position, while leaving Chung and McCourty alone. All at once, it worked, and the defense throttled Buffalo for the rest of the game.

Right now, you have to think that Edelman will end up at full-time DB next year, the way that Chris Gamble ended up as a full-time DB in the pros after being a starting WR in college until he filled in as a nickel corner at Ohio State due to injuries -- and was key to the 2002 OSU national championship team as a result. Gamble's now played for 8 years in the pros, all with Carolina, and he's probably the best corner in the league that no one talks about. But it wasn't until his third year that it was certain that he wouldn't end up back on offense.

Even though Edelman is finishing his third year in the pros, which makes him about five years of development behind Gamble, I'd be surprised to see Edelman as an offensive player from here on out. Solid DBs are just too valuable in today's NFL.

The Patriots also used WR/ST/KR Matthew Slater at S this year, but he didn't have nearly the impact that Edelman did. Now we Pats fans just have to hope that Edelman stays healthy the rest of the way.

01-10-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
Right, about the change ups at CB and S with Chung back, one reason Fitzpatrick had a horrid game against them (4 INT's if I remember correctly) as he completely misread the coverage that didn't follow the previous game films. There was an article in SI that diagrammed the Pats passing D that week, the same site that showed the flaws in the Steelers coverage. I'll see if I can't dig it up... ah, here it is from SI's Chris Burke (who is great reading -- and viewing -- when it comes to game analysis).

The problem was Ike Taylor really didn't have much help, either from the line to put pressure on Tebow or from the safeties when it came to covering Demaryius Thomas, who is a difficult match up for anyone given his size and speed. Burke's review of the Steelers schemes demonstrates pretty clearly how they got beat, time after time. No doubt Belicheck and D coaches will learn from that game film and not make the same mistake.

I don't know the Pats coverage players well enough to say who'd be the best one to cover Thomas, but with Decker looking day-to-day, it shouldn't take much to remove the threat of the big play and force Tebow to nickle and dime it to get first downs, something he's not consistently good at. At any rate, I don't expect Belicheck to make the same mistake Tomlin did.

01-13-12, 01:20 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
Speaking of point spreads... according to this article, the lines have shifted by three points.

01-15-12, 02:21 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Next weekend's Vegas lines."
Ok, you and Max win this bet!

I wish Brady had weeks like this during the regular FF season!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •