The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-08, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
*Yawn* Well, we've finally made it to the finale. Can Petrozza prove, once and for all, that his "Signature Dish" was a cruel joke designed to mislead everyone? Can Christina show that she has any reason to still be on the show? Can Jen manage not to kill any of the people that were better than she?

Perhaps, the biggest question is whether Gordon can make himself choose one of these bozos for his restaurant. Maybe, he'll take pity on all of us, and on all of his future patrons, and just throw in the towel and call for a do-over. We could hope, but it's probably not in the contract.

Whatever the answer ends up being, keep the discussion here until after the West Coast crowd gets a chance to see who's going to be foisted on their dining public. And, thank God that whoever it is will probably be fired before you make your next trip West. At least that's what I'll be doing.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Snidget 07-01-08 1
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 2
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 3
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 4
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Snidget 07-01-08 5
 This show kills me moonbaby 07-01-08 6
   RE: This show kills me Snidget 07-01-08 10
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 7
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 8
 Good to see some things never chang... Snidget 07-01-08 9
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mysticwolf 07-01-08 11
   RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Snidget 07-02-08 19
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Loree 07-02-08 12
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Ahtumbreez 07-02-08 13
   RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Snidget 07-02-08 14
       RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Ahtumbreez 07-03-08 22
           RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Snidget 07-03-08 23
 Thoughts on Finale (Part 1) geekboy 07-02-08 15
   RE: Thoughts on Finale (Part 1) KeithFan 07-02-08 21
   my theory moonbaby 07-03-08 24
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... jbug 07-02-08 16
   RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mindy23 07-02-08 17
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... weltek 07-02-08 18
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... Estee 07-02-08 20
   RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... grit 07-03-08 25
       RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... mindy23 07-03-08 26
       yep moonbaby 07-04-08 27
 RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coa... FOXmePUHLEEZ 02-23-09 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
R e c r a p s that will not end.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-01-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Recraps, then meet with designers to design your own restaurant.

Christina says the menu's easy - she's been looking at recipes and changing them up since '98. Petrozza's designed many, many, menus - but, this one is hard for him. He goes to bed. Next morning she's almost finished, he hasn't even started.

07-01-08, 08:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Time to design the dining room. I'd think it might be asier if you knew what you were going to have on your menu. The dsigner thinks so, too. But, Petrozza doesn't have a menu to give him.

She wants easy, but elegant. Petrozza wants "lots of flowers".

Christina doesn't like the outfits that J-P brings in - they'll do what she envisions. Petrozza likes best what Christina likes least.

Scott helps Petrozza with the menu. Sweetbreads are mentioned (one of my favorites, too), along with Chilean Sea Bass. (BTW: His Chilean Sea Bass is the first fish listed on the "avoid" list of sustainable seafood.)

Missed Christina's menu, but she was a lot more prepared to offer it - which doesn't necessarily mean that it's good.

Chef calls them into his office. He has concerns. He's not sure that he's picked the right two to be here. He doesn't like Petrozza's menu - not sure about Christina's, he doesn't say that we hear. Petrozza's not sure what else he can give him.

07-01-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
It's all a sham. Chef's "been wondering" if he has the right finalists. Now, he "knows he does". Smiles all around - and Petrozza's heart starts beating again.

07-01-08, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
So who was surprised that even when it started off 2:0 that the challenge ends up 2:2 with their boss making the decision.

Not me.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-08, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "This show kills me"
with the timing of the commercials. I find myself saying "Crap!! out loud.

Christina vs. Petrozza again. Ramsay's chefs are tasting dishes they both prepared and it's 2-2. The last chef is tasting and deciding. Then the commercial.

Say it with me

CRAP!

07-01-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: This show kills me"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-08 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

Next break...

Who's it going to be...

*foosh*

CRAP

ETA: Not just the next commercial break, the end of the show until next week.

DOUBLE CRAP

07-01-08, 09:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Trip to New York to visit another of Gordon't restaurants. Surprise! They get to cook... For all 5 of Chef's executive chef's. First to get 3 votes wins the challenge.

Petrozza does ground filet mignon with rosotto, Christina does strip steak with mixed veggies (not all from the same season). First 2 votes go to Petrozzao, next 2 go to Christina.

Josh Emmet, from the NY restaurant is the deciding vote. Oh, BTW - he'll be overseeing the new restaurant. Whoever wins will be working for him.

His vote is for Petrozza. He finally wins a challenge after Christina's record-setting 9 wins. He gets first choice of team members and Christina has to pick the last chef.

07-01-08, 09:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Whoopie Goldberg makes a cameo - no clue why.

They go back to see their construction. C is not happy with the stripes on her wallpaper - at all.

P really likes his restaurant, but the designer thinks his fireplace juts out too far and asks C if he can push it back into her space. Amazingly, she agrees. Why???? She's not happy about it, but she freaking agrees to let him encroach on her space. WTF?

07-01-08, 09:14 PM (EST)
9. "Good to see some things never change"
Jen's Ego is a huge as evah!

07-01-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Last day, but evidently not last episode. Time to choose the teams to help them.

Jen wants to look good herself and make Chef second-guess himself. Who would've guessed.

Petrozza's first choce is Bobby. Christina takes Corey. P for Ben, C for Louross. P takes ???

Christina doesn't want Jen. Petrozza doesn't want Matt, but thinks Jen has problems with cristicism. It appears that he may pick Jen - but we don't really know.

The only things we know about next week is that it appears that one of them win a position in the new restaurant, and that I'll be doing a final finale recrap - which is my punishment for not properly forseeing how many episodes would be aired. *sigh*

07-02-08, 01:35 PM (EST)
19. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
*checks thefutoncritic.com*
*looks at title of thread*

Was this episode 14, not 13?

Futon says there will be 15 episodes and that seems to be correct, you might check them for sign up threads as I think they get told the episode count by someone that knows (they usually seem to be about right most of the time)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
I realized while watching this that I really do not like Christina. And because of that she will probably win.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
This is my least favorite season of any "chef" reality show. Including Top Chef and Next Food Network Star. I just don't like any of the competitor's.

And I thought they were going to be Executive Chef of the new restaraunt.....

07-02-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
14. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
It seems it is usually more of a "junior executive chef" position most years.

I don't blame Ramsey for wanting someone he really knows and trusts to be boss over whatever yahoos Fox casts for his show.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
I don't either! I just thought they promoted the prize as running their own place.

Agman took me to the islands

07-03-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
23. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
They always promote it that way, but is seems Ramsey isn't willing to let them run amok all unsupervised.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-02-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Thoughts on Finale (Part 1)"
Just thoughts from last night's episode...

* First off, was it ever advertised that this would be a two-part finale? I could have sworn that last week this was advertised as a two-hour finale....oh well...more drama?

* Wow, Christina has turned into a b**ch over the course of a single episode.

* I'm so happy Petrozza won that challenge, even more so now that Christina turned into a Royal B with a huge ego.

* I couldn't stop laughing when Christina came back to the striped wallpaper and had a major hissy fit. You picked it, girl. Too funny.

* Whoopi Goldberg. Why?

* Why did Petrozza pick Bobby over Corey? And why did he pick Ben? Strategy is important, Petrozza. It could hurt him.

I sure hope Petrozza wins, but my gut is telling me otherwise, mostly based on how he screwed up his first team pick (and 2nd). He should have taken Corey and Louross.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Thoughts on Finale (Part 1)"
Why did Petrozza pick Bobby over Corey? And why did he pick Ben? Strategy is important, Petrozza. It could hurt him.

My guess is familiarity. Petrozza has worked with them a lot more and knows their limitations and strong points. Yeah, Corey is probably better, but having one less variable in the mix will probably help him more that a better cook. Same goes for Ben.

07-03-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "my theory"
Petrozza picked Bobby because when Petrozza was ready to give up Bobby brushed him off, got him on his feet, pulled him together and got him back to the kitchen. So he feels he can get moral support from Bobby, if nothing else. But Ben? That's a mystery to me.

I thought for strategy alone he would have picked Corey-he's seen how well Corey and Christina work together. I would have tried to break that up.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
I thought last night was the end too; I was all prepared to have to listen to Jen - now I have to prepare all over again next week.
The best part next week would be both C & P refusing to have either Matt or Jen on their teams. Just refuse.

Question;
When they went to NY and saw the big flashing sign welcoming them - there were people behind barricades down the street.
And at the challenge there were lots of people there.
So, how were the F2 kept secret with so many people in NY knowing long before we did that it was Christina and Petrozza?

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the bug's kitchen!
Agman? It's getting hot in here!!!!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-02-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"

What I don't understand is why they didn't bring ME back to help! I could've made it much easier for the guys to pick teams than Jen or Matty! At least I neva lost a finger in the chicken or whateva, and I don't act like a diva-beotch!

So what if I can't stay focused long enough to finish a pot of potatoes, who cares when it's all about team work, right?

After all, doesn't Chef know that I have a daughter that I am supportin' all by myself and me and Stephanie are practically livin' off the streets right now because of this stupid show, and the way they made me look! I can't find a job anywhere! Not in Jersey, not in Long Island, not even in Queens!

Whateva. Let them have Matty and Jenn-they deserve it. That's all I gotta say. Me and Jason, we'll show them all someday, when we get big, that's all I gotta say!

Christina-you can take your striped wall paper and put it where the sun don't shine. Petrozza, I kinda like you, so good-luck, buddy. Just watch your back, eh?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Three observations:
1. Good to know the winner will have someone looking over the operations (Gordon's current exec chef).
2. Petroza's restaurant is horridly fugly so far.
3. Ben as your second choice, Petrozza, really? Luross would've been the better choice.

I think Petrozza is at the point to deserve the win, but I hope he doesn't get overwhelmed and mess it up.

Christina has a really great career ahead of her, no matter win or lose.

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
This isn't going to help control Jen's ego. 'They made the whole cliffhanger about who had the honor of working with me!'

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-03-08, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Apparently Fox does not understand the concept of "cliffhanger." If you go to Fox's site, they have a small clip from the finale with Jen asking Chef for a letter of recommendation. You can see what color jackets she and Matt are wearing. That cracks me up because I re-watched the episode online and saw that they were careful not to show Matt or Jen so we wouldn't know what team they end up on, then they go and post this little clip. Duh.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-03-08, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
Yep, I thought that was the finale, too! I was all set to see who won, and move on. This season has been really long and drawn out, with one nice girl turning into a bit of a Diva (Christina), who was under the wire on the very first elimination night. Wow-she could've been sitting on the sidelines right now, watching LouRoss, and Jenn fighting for Restaurant Rights, eh? Or better yet, Matt and what's-his-face with the attitude.

Anyway, one more week, and we'll see how Christina's hideous stripes that SHE picked turn out, and how Petrozza lives through this without stroking out. Poor guy-I fear this is way too much excitement for him. I mean, the buxom housewives, the pg ladies, and now this?? Someone stand close by with the paddles!!

07-04-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
27. "yep"
I saw that too. Jen asking for a letter of recommendation was a hoot. Can't wait to see the full version of that little scene!

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-23-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: HK Season 4 Episode 13 East Coast Update Thread"
I'm forever a Petrozza fan. I had completely forgotten about last year's HEN IN A PUMPKIN. It shows he grew TREMENDOUSLY during his time in Hell's Kitchen.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •