The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Design Star on HGTV"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-24-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Design Star on HGTV"
Did anyone watch? The setup is very similar to Project Runway, except they're competing for tv show on HGTV. The first project was to redesign the town house the contestants are living in in NYC. Some of the designs were pretty good, some of the designs were just UGH.

Actually, the main reason I watched was because Vern Yip from Trading Spaces is one of the judges.

Another Syren Summer Siggy!
Luna's Eclipses

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Design Star on HGTV SilverStar 07-24-06 1
   RE: Design Star on HGTV StarryLuna 07-25-06 2
 VERN!!! udg 07-29-06 3
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 07-29-06 4
 RE: Design Star on HGTV arkiegrl 07-29-06 5
 Episode #2 arkiegrl 07-30-06 6
   RE: Episode #2 SilverStar 07-31-06 7
       RE: Episode #2 arkiegrl 07-31-06 8
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-08-06 9
   RE: Design Star on HGTV StarryLuna 08-09-06 10
 RE: Design Star on HGTV okaychatt 08-14-06 11
   RE: Design Star on HGTV StarryLuna 08-16-06 12
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-16-06 13
   RE: Design Star on HGTV SilverStar 08-18-06 15
   RE: Design Star on HGTV riverrocker 08-18-06 16
 RE: Design Star on HGTV weltek 08-16-06 14
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-19-06 17
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-19-06 18
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-19-06 19
 8-20 episode okaychatt 08-21-06 20
   RE: 8-20 episode Bebo 08-21-06 21
       RE: 8-20 episode jonimoni 08-27-06 26
   RE: 8-20 episode SilverStar 08-21-06 22
       RE: 8-20 episode riverrocker 08-21-06 23
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-22-06 24
   RE: Design Star on HGTV StarryLuna 08-23-06 25
 Final 2 Bebo 08-28-06 27
   RE: Final 2 StarryLuna 08-28-06 28
   RE: Final 2 riverrocker 08-31-06 30
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 08-29-06 29
 David is such a cheater! udg 09-04-06 31
   RE: David is such a cheater! lobo_sit 09-04-06 32
   RE: David is such a cheater! Bebo 09-04-06 33
       RE: David is such a cheater! dajaki 09-07-06 38
   RE: David is such a cheater! ARnutz 09-04-06 34
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 09-04-06 35
   RE: Design Star on HGTV riverrocker 09-04-06 36
       RE: Design Star on HGTV linrosin 09-05-06 37
 RE: Design Star on HGTV okaychatt 09-09-06 39
 Congrats to... ARnutz 09-11-06 40
   RE: Congrats to... SilverStar 09-11-06 41
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 09-11-06 42
   RE: Design Star on HGTV arkiegrl 09-11-06 43
 Wow, a SNARKY host! udg 09-11-06 44
   RE: Wow, a SNARKY host! linrosin 09-12-06 45
       RE: Wow, a SNARKY host! udg 09-12-06 47
   RE: Wow, a SNARKY host! little fathead 09-12-06 46
       RE: Wow, a SNARKY host! BOYmeetsREALITY 09-16-06 48
 RE: Design Star on HGTV BOYmeetsREALITY 09-16-06 49
 Did anyone watch... ARnutz 11-04-06 50
   RE: Did anyone watch... StarryLuna 11-25-06 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
Ya know, I kept seeing commercials for this, but I never actually paid attention to what it was. I would just be staring at the tv blankly and then I'd go "Vern!" when he came on the screen. I love Vern. Is it any good? Do you know if they do repeats?

A Tribe work of art

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-25-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LOL That's how I was the first time I saw a promo. Not paying attention at all, then "Vern!" "What was the name of that show?" I set my Tivo up for it like 2 weeks ago, because I knew I'd forget. I love Vern too. I stopped watching Trading Spaces when he left. I always wanted to go on that show, but only if Vern would be redecorating my room.

I enjoyed it so far. It was interesting watching 10 people with different styles and personalities try to agree on how they decorated just 4 rooms and the patio space. They also cast twin brothers and they're competing against each other. It didn't come into play in the first episode, and I'm curious if it will.

The host, Clive from HGTV's Designed to Sell has a great send off too. Since they're competing for a tv show, when they're eliminated, he says "Your show's been cancelled" and a tv with their face on it flips off.

Luna's Eclipses

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-29-06, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "VERN!!!"
I'm another one of those who went, "Commercials. Fast forward. VERN!!! STOP-REWIND!!!!!"

The show itself is OK. Certainly not one of the greatest reality shows ever, but not the worst, either.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-29-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I'm actually watching ...ON PUPROSE!!! HAHA!

I am hoping it will take on the same flavor as the "Next Food Network Star" show did for that channel.

First episode got pretty good after all the intros. Can;t wait to see the projects they come up with, as design is open to such personal interpretation.

I love the "Designed to Sell" show with Clive and was hoping Lisa LaPorta would be his sidekick on this as well! I love her on that show and have always wanted to fly her in to decorate my place for $3000!!!!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-06, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I just caught a repeat airing of the first episode. I tuned in mostly for Vern. (I still want either a living room or bedroom designed by Vern.)

I have to say, I didn't understand the purpose of the vacuum cleaner as a statue. I thought that was just fugly.

07-30-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Episode #2"
I loved, loved, LOVED the bedroom Tym and the twins did. The other two rooms left me with a feeling of "huh". Not bad, but not great, either.

What did you guys think?

07-31-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode #2"
I agree. That bedroom was awesome. I loved the floor. I think they should've put some color on the walls instead of just white, but it was still beautiful.

The kitchen was alright. Was it just me, or did those cabinets all look pretty much exactly the same after Temple sanded, distressed and antiqued them? Seemed like an awful lot of work for not much difference. Getting rid of that wallpaper was a huge improvement.

The living room? was horrible. It was so sparse and cold, and the things that were decorated were ugly. That 2-tone couch? Blech! The plates on the wall? Yuck! I did not like it at all. Vanessa is annoying. I wish she would've gone instead of the guy (name is escaping me right now. Joseph?)

A Tribe work of art

07-31-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode #2"
Yeah, that wallpaper in the kitchen was horrible, and getting rid of it was the best thing they did. I really couldn't tell much difference with the cabinets, either.

I hope Vanessa goes soon. I really can't imagine watching her on her own show.

08-08-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
The individual challenge this week was really what I was hoping to see lots more of on the show. After all, not too many people hire more than one designer to do a job BECAUSE it usually results in a clash of egos and ideas!

The room challenge was AWESOME! Right off the bat I said the beauty shop people were going to have the hardest time finding stuff in that store to decorate a room, and I was right! That was a tough one!

Nice to see the individual personalities and talents begin to shine!

David's room ROCKED! It was actually a great looking room! Much more so than some of the others. If I had to vote right now, I'd say he'll take the prize! He's easy on the eyes, too!

Temple's room was the classiest and perhaps most creative, I thought. Loved her use of the car parts as decorations and the color scheme! Look for her to give David a run for the money!

The right people definitely got the boot last night, though I thought the other twin might have gone instead....

Let's hope for more fun next week, as they work together and the claws come out!

08-09-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I was sad to see the twin go - I liked how he used the tape, although it would have looked better had he cut the ends off evenly.

DH and I both loved David's and Temple's rooms too. When Clive said the types of stores I immediately said "Automotive." To me that just seemed like the type of store where you could find the best stuff to decorate with and Temple did a good job. Plus they have the spray paint there! I was surprised with how well David did with the pet store stuff too, although he went for the same stff I probably would have gone for - the wooden accessories for lizards. The people who did the best on this challenge were definitely the ones who rethought the stuff they had in the space to start with, like Alice tearing her bookshelf apart for shadowboxes. That was Vanessa's big problem - she didn't design the space, she just threw a bunch of tchotkes in there and decorated it.

Luna's Eclipses

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-14-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-06 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Just want to report that I'm TICKLED that Donna has finally hit the design wall.

Temple: "Ok, who wants to do what?"

Tym and David: "We'll rip things out."

Alice: "I'll paint, help with the floors, and do any odd jobs."

Donna: "I'll go shopping in the limo."

Edited to change Vanessa to Alice.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

08-16-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
Agreed! I was going to be really ticked off if Donna made it to the final four over Temple. I hope they showed the judges the footage of Donna falling asleep in the van on the way to the stores. I don't think I actually saw her do any work in the kitchen, except for painting that one skinny cabinet with a roller over and over again. She's been long overdue to leave.

Luna's Eclipses

08-16-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
This week's show was funny because there is hardly a DESIGNER in the world who would be expected to do their own flooring and cabinetry installations...and certainly NEVER their own plumbing and electrical work!

If it is truly a "DESIGNER'S" show, I would have expected them to have a crew of professional contractors to implement the design of the kitchen, if not only for safety's sake!

It should have been set up more like the "Designer Finals" show (where a design student is given a couple handymen to do the big stuff! BTW....I LOVE that show!) and let the designers do the painting, curtains, and decorating instead of the construction.

I was disappointed at the lack of individual challenges thus far on the show, so I look forward to the remaining couple shows to see that!

My vote so far is for David to win, though I have liked Temple's design ideas the past few weeks, too!

After all...who wouldn't want David running around shirtless in their home for a couple weeks????

08-18-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I agree with you. They should've had professional contractors and electricians to do the work. That poor couple, thinking they're getting a $10,000 dream kitchen, but instead get sub-par materials that will only work within the 32-hour time period and shoddy workmanship. Ick. If they would've had professionals, they could've had their new cabinets instead of just painting the old ones. Very disappointed with HGTV for the way they planned that.

I am glad Donna went home. She was pretty much useless.

Also looking forward to all of the individual challenges from now on. I think David is going to win it all. I love him.

A Tribe work of art

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-18-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-06 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

Absolutely AGREE! Couldn't believe HG set them up w/NO help! How could a designer be expected to be able to do plumbing, carpentry, woodworking, etc.?

We hope David wins...although Tym and Alice are good. Time for Temple to leave!

So glad to have finally found this site!!!! We were beginning to wonder if we were the only ones 'hooked' on the show.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
This show isn't getting the props it deserves. It's very well done, IMHO & there is some serious talent there. I have only caught two episodes, but have really enjoyed it.

And yes, I love me some Vern!

08-19-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
Here's some more about the show in case you missed it...like I did!

* The ten designers are competing for the opportunity to have their own design show on HGTV.

* For six of the season's eight episodes, their work will be judged by a panel of experts. One designer is eliminated at the end of each episode.

* For the final two episodes of the season, viewers will vote for their favorite finalist at HGTV.com or by text message.

Looks like we'll all get to "vote" on our faves from whomever is left!

08-19-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-06 AT 07:09 PM (EST)

ALSO....

Not to be outdone, BRAVO just happens to be currently casting an identical show for their network.

Following on the success of "TOP CHEF", I guess, they tossed all creativity out the window and named the new show "TOP DESIGNER".

Here's the scoop from the BRAVO show listings...

TOP DESIGNER

High pressure, eccentric personalities and creative egos combine to fuel the next big
hit in competition reality: Top Designer. Continuing the successful trend pioneered by
Top Chef, this show combines the fast-paced and upscale world of interior design with
a cutthroat competition unlike any other.

Ten professional designers converge in Los Angeles where they compete in a series of
challenges in our decked-out studio loft. They come from many walks of life: some are
recent college graduates, some are seasoned professionals, some are classically
trained designers, while others are conceptual artists.

But these contestants are united in their quest for our top prize: $100,000 in seed
money to start their own firm, and the title of “Top Designer.”

08-19-06, 07:22 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
OK....so you all know what I was doing today as the weather gods crapped on my weekend....

Here is CLIVE'S BLOG for all the shows, with some interesting (though mostly just observational) comments on each episode. I am reading through them now!

ENJOY!

http://blogs.scrippsnetworks.com/hgtv/designstar/

08-21-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "8-20 episode"
I think Tym, David, and whatshername are the right final three.

Here's to a David win.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 8-20 episode"
Before the show, Mr B told me he heard it had a shocking ending, which had me worried David was going bye-bye. Then Mr B was practically throwing things at the TV trying to will Temple out of there.

I am pleased with the final 3.

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-27-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 8-20 episode"
I have watched this all day, all I can say is get Temple the heck out of there.... "Boo, hoo, I have kids. Boo hoo I have big boobs, wanna see 'em. Boo hoo I really have no personality, but I have big boobs. Wanna see em!!!" Cannot stand her, I can understand that you have to have talent and think on your feet to have your own show, but what about personality. She lost me when she bitchily said that Donna had 30 years experience on her.....ugh. One day little miss plastic boobs will also be in her 50's and it would be nice if she used her talent to get by instead of some blonde dye, a tight shirt, tears, her children and whatever else...cough, cough, to succeed....use your brain bimbo.....cannot stand her....

08-21-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: 8-20 episode"
Really? I thought Tym's room was fugly. I was hoping he'd be the one to go. Temple's room was a little boring, but at least it wasn't ugly. And in the individual challenges, she has been near the top before last night. I guess it doesn't really matter though, as long as David makes it to the finale. I really want him to win.

A Tribe work of art

08-21-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 8-20 episode"
Really really hope David makes it to the finale! We think he is the best....although, a "team" of David and Alice would be a great show. Hope Tym goes this next time. According to Clive, "we" viewers will vote on the "winner." If it comes down to Alice and David, I'll be 'torn'!

Temple's room was well-described by the judge from "In-Style" when she compared it to going in and just buying what was in the decorating store. Too "blah."

Tym's was indeed "fugly" to quote one of the posters above. How did he possibly think those greens "coordinated" or whatever! Yuck.

Alice's was "okay"---but nothing unique or spectacular IMHO.

David's, on the other hand, was absolutely FANTASTIC! That guy has talent!!! Sure, his 'presentation' was a bit scatty, but that really CAN be taught; design talent can't as far as I'm concerned.

08-22-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-06 AT 09:48 AM (EST)

After watching their presentations this week, I am actually leaning toward Alice to win now! That's simply based on the fact that I think her show would be the most down to earth and watchable. She has the right level of perkiness and that certain "every person" quality that the others don't share.

As for the rooms, I had different feelings....

DAVID: His room was impractical because of the wall he built. It's a tiny loft apartment that already feels closed in. So you put up a wall dividing it further??? How about hanging a curtain to divide the room instead? At least it would be softer and removable when needed. I still love Him as a designer and the rest of the room looked great, but that was a MAJOR lapse in judgement.

TEMPLE: Hey....I have nothing against a crooked rug now and again, and I actually liked her room alot! Maybe that's because I used to wear GAR-ANIMALS clothing when I was a kid and to this very day shop for clothing outfits off the mannequins in the front windows so everything matches perfectly! HAHA! I'd live in her room. It was bright, cheery, and warm.

ALICE: Cute idea with the "Tiffany Box Blue" theme! Though I don't care for the color personally, it sure served its purpose of brightening up the place! She did a great job with the kitchen and kept everything else in the proper scale for a room that small. All she needed was a nice big plant in the empty corner and her room would have been perfect!

TYM: Spelling your name with a "Y" is probaly not a good idea when it seems to prompt me each week to ask "Y, TIM???....Y????" It was a cool idea, done a million times over, but for some reason he couldn't pull it off. Bring the outdoors in. OK. But for goodness sake, use materials that look good!!! The bed was ugly and the color was too much. I'm not even sure the layout of the room was the best use of that tiny space. I liked the columns as a divider, though.

I'm surprised Temple was sent home instead of tYm last night, but not disappointed, as I am now torn between Alice and Dave to win the new show!

08-23-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I don't necessarily have an issue with David building the wall and he at least tried something way different from everyone else. I think it would have worked better though if A)David had let the wall surround the bed instead of the tv corner and B)not had the wall at cubicle height. Who wants to think of their cubicle when they go home?

Luna's Eclipses

08-28-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Final 2"
Woohoo! Alice and David are the final 2!

I did like all of their rooms, but thought Alice and David had the far better rooms. My husband liked the "man-cave".

08-28-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Final 2"
I figured Alice and David would be the final 2, although I love all 3 of them. All during the episode, I kept saying "Just give all 3 of them a show!" Actually, a show with the 3 of them teamed up would probably be pretty sweet. There's a show on DIY that has a three-host team, I think.

DH and I both loved David's room, especially the built-ins around the fireplace. And I thought he was really great to watch showing the family the room, especially his "A, B, C your new room!"

Tribe makes me look good.
Luna's Eclipses

08-31-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Final 2"
>Woohoo! Alice and David are
>the final 2!
>
>I did like all of their
>rooms, but thought Alice and
>David had the far better
>rooms. My husband liked
>the "man-cave".
>
>

Second the "woohoo" for Alice and David....but my hubby thought the "man-cave" was too "sissy" and should have capitalized on the great views out the windows.

I thought both of them did great jobs, but after "listening" to Alice, I've come to realize that even though we're from the South, her "Texas-accent" isn't pleasing; it is "grating" to our ears. I don't think that would be very good for a "regular" program. David, on the other hand, is a charmer. He can be taught "professional presentation"; he already has the design know-how.

Sure am glad they dumped Tym!

08-29-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

Actually, I have to say that STARRY LUNA stole my thunder! HAHA! Well, a little bit anyway. I think the idea of having TWO hosts is a great idea! But which two? Dave and Alice!

Tim's hosting style was cool and casual, but his room designs just don't seem "current" enough to fill a show. Minimalism is not really "IN" right now, and his GREEN room from last week and this week's apartment rooms looked empty and lifeless compared to the other rooms.

I've loved David since the beginning, but his narcissistic attitude could be too much to take on a weekly basis. Though He is the best designer of the three, IMHO, I think his excitement would be tempered beautifully by Alice's southern charm. Ironically, David would be a good "straight" man to Alice's quirky story telling about the room. HAHA!

After all, both Vern and Clive know what it's like to work with a partner. There is so much more to play off than just the camera.

While I am fully aware that there must be a "winner", the smartest programming idea might be to have David and Alice take turns designing parts of a project in sort of a "husband and wife need to blend conflicting styles" sort of show. Hmmmmmm.......

We shall see.

My only last hope is that HGTV does a much more professional FINALE to this show than the cheesey production the Food Network put together for their show.

Also: BRAVO's rip-off version of this (TOP DESIGNER) is coming soon, so we have THAT to look forward to!

09-04-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "David is such a cheater!"
With his shirt off, no one was looking at his design; we were all looking at his design.

And a hot "design" it was!

lobo_sit 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-04-06, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lobo_sit Click to send private message to lobo_sit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: David is such a cheater!"
lol. you are totally right. Even though I have to say his design really is amazing this week, I felt he showed off his chest more than his room this time. However, Alice wasn't stupid at all to let David steal the show. You can totally tell how competitive she was "in that area" when they shared the intimate room service breakfest in their robes... I love them both, I think HGTV should create a show that's hosted by both of them... Maybe a HGTV version of "Will & Grace"?

09-04-06, 08:20 AM (EST)
33. "RE: David is such a cheater!"
I have no complaints that he took the Ty Pennington approach to getting his own show.

The room was awesome too.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-07-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: David is such a cheater!"
But without the bullhorn, thank God! I can't even watch anything with Ty on it anymore. OTH, I'd watch David all day.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: David is such a cheater!"
LOL! Silly me. I was focusing on his design and forgot to swoon over his shirtlessness.

He is a real cutie! His design was really awesome! I loved how the judges layed down on his bed and absorbed the whole feeling of it, then they sat on the chairs to get a different view. I also thought his presentation was great! Which is something the judges kept saying he needed to improve on. I voted for David.

I'm so glad they had a marathon of this show last week because I kept forgetting to watch it.

GO DAVID!!!

Alice's design left me uninspired. Plus, she failed to think "outside the box", so to speak, with the views from inside and outside of the space. The artwork blocked the outdoor views! I do think she's great on camera, but David's designs always leave me in awe.

When I first saw the space they had to work with, my thoughts were to do a garden room. Something with indoor/outdoor furniture and lots of flowers and greenery. That could've been pretty and fit in with the outdoor surroundings.

09-04-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
CONGRATS to DAVE and ALICE for putting on a good show for the FINALS!

I have to say that the challenge, while different, still left me wanting MORE!!! I would have liked to see a much larger space as would be typical of today's "great rooms" that so many houses have. Give them a week and an unlimited budget and staff of contractors and see what they really come up with!

I was left with the feeling that perhaps the "best" designer would not win, but rather the one who could work the quickest with no resources. Not something any homeowner would want or allow! HAHA!

In any event, I am torn because, as pleasing as David is on the eyes - (you know - DESIGNS and all!) , Alice is on the ears. I prefer Alice as a show host because I find her much calmer and fun. If I can't have BOTH of them, as previously propsed, I think I have to vote for Her.

GOOD LUCK TO TWO DESERVING CANDIDATES!!!

(Has that ever happened before on a reality TV show????)

09-04-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
Well, we're voting for David; his work is incredible. Hubby summed up the differences quite well when he said, "Alice is a decorator; David is a designer." Give her a preconceived space, and she will do wonders with it; give him ANYTHING, and he will make it incredible.

We'd LOVE to see them "together" on a show, but.........David gets our support for being a "designer"!

linrosin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-05-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail linrosin Click to send private message to linrosin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I agree with you completely. David is a designer. This room was wonderful and I loved his indoor/outdoor rock garden. HIs artwork on the walls in previous challanges fit those rooms. His basement challange was terrific.
Alice is great on camera and her personality comes through. Her high pitched voice sometimes can be annoying but she can put a room toghether for the regular folks. Sometimes on trading spaces the designers go too nuts for my taste. Her rooms are very livable and comfortable.
I think they would make a great team becuase they genuinely like each other and work together well.
Linda

09-09-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I just watched the show yesterday, so my comments are a little old.

I like Alice, but it seems she misses some big things each week. Twice now, she has failed to consider the view. Remember the cigar lounge? Why on earth would anyone face the couch away from that?

And the glass house - she didn't use the view to the fountain side as part of her furniture placement.

Nor did she consider how the room looked from the outside. David did.

I thought the judges' suggestions made her room a better place more than they did David's. His was complete from the get-go.

I didn't vote, but if I had, it would have been for David. He's always spot on.

09-11-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Congrats to..."
DAVID!!!

I look forward to watching his show!

09-11-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Congrats to..."
Yay! Congrats to David. I had no doubt that he would win.

A Tribe work of art

09-11-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
WOOHOO!

Congrats to HGTV for putting together a much better (and more fitting) Finale to this show than the Food Network did for their version of "next star"!

David should do a great job, and I suspect He may even involve a couple of his fellow contestants in an episode or two.

Anyone want to speculate on what type of show it might be????

Weekly theme?
New ideas?
Tackling actual projects or more educational?

It will be interesting to see what they come up with!

09-11-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
I thought this was one of the best finales I've ever seen.

But WTF was Ramona wearing???

09-11-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
44. "Wow, a SNARKY host!"
Can you imagine how much better Treasure Hunters could have been with Clive as a host?

linrosin 15 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail linrosin Click to send private message to linrosin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Wow, a SNARKY host!"
I liked this show for the most part. The only criticism I have is that the judges decided the winner from the film they saw of the room instead of actually going to see it. I know from experience that the rooms look better in person.

The idea of designing a glass room in the park was genious.
Linda

09-12-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Wow, a SNARKY host!"
I almost agree with you, but the fact is, they're judging rooms for a TV show, so really, what things look like on camera is more important than what they look like IRL.

little fathead 22 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail little%20fathead Click to send private message to little%20fathead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Wow, a SNARKY host!"
Clive is darn good, just wish he would tuck in his shirt once in a while...

I loved that the finale wasn't all nicey nice, and that the poked fun at the contestants. The bits on Donna and the Glamalistic girl were classic!

09-16-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Wow, a SNARKY host!"
>Clive is darn good, just wish
>he would tuck in his
>shirt once in a while...
>

Us "non-model" types know that it is better for our own self-esteem (and for everyone else watching) if we leave the shirt out! HAHA!

09-16-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Design Star on HGTV"
OKAY....another blow for creativity on TV.

HGTV is now actually going to run a series on David about how He won the Desing Star show????

Hmmmm.....didn't I just SEE how He won the design Star show by watching all those shirtless episodes???????

HAHA!

Oh well...it might be some fun filler uintil they can actually figure out what they are going to have him do.

NOTE TO HGTV: Bring Lisa LaPorta back to run the show with Clive next season...they make a great pair!

11-04-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
50. "Did anyone watch..."
The "Making of a Design Star" show? There are going to be 4 episodes: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hmstr/

They had David meet with the producers of the show (Edelman) in San Fran. We met his family, who had a party for him! That was cute.

His dad is having some health issues. *sends good vibes*

The production crew suggested David have a sidekick. Oh boy! Wonder how that will work? David liked that idea and has already shown them some designs he has planned. It would be really cool if Alice was his sidekick.

They are currently accepting applications for Design Star 2 as well.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_star_2006?hp=Top%2520Ten%2520Link%2520Four:%2520DesignStar

11-25-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Did anyone watch..."
I agree on Alice being his sidekick. DH and I both thought they should have brought Alice or Tym back to be his sidekick - that would have been awesome.

Sig by Tribe|Luna's Eclipses

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •