The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Golf Ball??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

aggie1286 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-23-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aggie1286 Click to send private message to aggie1286 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Golf Ball??"
Did anyone else find it extremely amusing/bizarre that the gift she chose to give to Jason's son was....a GOLFBALL?? what is he supposed to do with that, or did I miss something like Ty is really into golf? I kept waiting for him to throw it back at her or maybe think it was a jawbreaker and god forbid choke on it!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Golf Ball?? ebraxton30 06-24-08 1
 RE: A Golf Ball?? Runnr3003 06-24-08 2
   RE: A Golf Ball?? realitytvwatcher 06-24-08 3
       RE: A Golf Ball?? LostAddict 06-24-08 4
           RE: A Golf Ball?? bullzeye 06-25-08 9
       RE: A Golf Ball?? Femme 06-24-08 5
           RE: A Golf Ball?? Asrai 06-24-08 7
       RE: A Golf Ball?? Runnr3003 06-24-08 6
           RE: A Golf Ball?? Asrai 06-24-08 8
           RE: A Golf Ball?? realitytvwatcher 06-25-08 10
               RE: A Golf Ball?? tootscarlson 06-25-08 11
                   RE: A Golf Ball?? Runnr3003 06-26-08 18
               RE: A Golf Ball?? bullzeye 06-25-08 12
                   RE: A Golf Ball?? realitytvwatcher 06-25-08 13
                       RE: A Golf Ball?? bullzeye 06-25-08 14
                       RE: A Golf Ball?? Runnr3003 06-26-08 15
                       RE: A Golf Ball?? byoffer 06-26-08 16
                       RE: A Golf Ball?? qwertypie 06-27-08 21
 RE: A Golf Ball?? Runnr3003 06-26-08 17
 RE: A Golf Ball?? fullofgrace2470 06-26-08 19
   RE: A Golf Ball?? qwertypie 06-27-08 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ebraxton30 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-24-08, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ebraxton30 Click to send private message to ebraxton30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
Giving a kid a golf ball is like giving a kid a baseball. He could hurt himself or somebody throwing that hard thing. Weird.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Runnr3003 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-24-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Runnr3003 Click to send private message to Runnr3003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
The ball probably had some type of logo on it from her home town or something, maybe it was a toy golf ball, or something she found as she was walking in the park, who knows. I think Jason is a good golfer, and I have read that he was an assistant Pro Golfer at one time in his life.

I thought the two of them were just adorable!! If she doesnt pick Jason as F1, I sure hope they make him the next Bachelor!!! Jason is so nice, sincere, and soooo hot! Ty is just the icing on the cake. God bless them both!

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-24-08, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-08 AT 07:40 AM (EST)

Yeah they could have explained that one a little better. You might be right about the logo thing. Maybe Jason brings him back a golf ball with logos on it whenever he goes traveling or something. Like how some people collect match books from their travels and if Jason is into golf then it would seem to make sense.

Now let's talk about Leap Frog? WTF? Who plays that? Is that a Seattle thing? Unless you're under 6 years old, you should not play Leap Frog. Especially when there is a camera crew around.

And one more thing since we're talking about Jason, what's the deal with him not seeing his son until DeAnna got there? How long was he there and not with his son? That did not make sense and only made the situation more odd. Let's hope he was actually the first of the hometown dates and that he was only in town for a few hours before he saw his son. Let's hope.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-24-08, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
Leap Frog? I wondered about that one too. Maybe they drank too much and that's how they get "rowdy."

I was wondering too why Jason hadn't seen Ty yet. That goodbye was sad. Too much for TV for me. That was between Jason & Ty (& DeAnna).

Surfkitten summer sigshop

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-25-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
I was wondering too why Jason hadn't seen Ty yet.

That really caught me off guard as well. It was as if the producers ensured that he didn't see his son until DeAnna was present. Strange.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-24-08, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
I agree that the golf ball was odd, but I rather liked Leap Frog. It was certainly something different, and it seemed like a really lighthearted, fun sort of thing to do, rather than sit at a table and put on for the camera crew.

Any family that allows their guest to feel so comfortable that they would play Leap Frog even with the cameras rolling is doing something right by their guest. Kudos to them.

Femme

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
WTF? You're watching this too? I didn't know that....coolio! And? When did you think you could sneak into Webby's place and your big sis wouldn't see you?! *glares*

I think the leap frog was sorta odd, but also very sweet and uplifting. We laughed, but felt 'happy' instead of feeling that horrible sense of doom that so many of these families go through in order to seem 'normal' on these shows. Pfft...I say more leap frog, dammit!!

As far as the golf ball is concerned, I thought once upon a time, Jason told DeAnna that Ty likes balls. *giggle* You know, footballs, baseballs, basketballs, soccerballs, four square balls, perhaps even golfballs!!! I can't remember what episode it was, but I do remember hearing it somewhere.

@grabs Femme and twirls her around and around@

Look, it's the siggy you made me eons ago! *points up*

06-24-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Runnr3003 Click to send private message to Runnr3003 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
YES!! Leap Frog IS a Seattle thing... We Seattle people go out daily and play leap frog with one another. Especially our children. We do play leap frog in the morning, at night, and we even go out on our lunch hours to play leap frog.

We love our coffee. We love our children. We love leap frog.

(And not necessarily in that order...<wink>)

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
*snort* Dang, Runnr, warn me next time! You's funny!

(wipes juice off of monitor)

"Baseball is religion without the mischief." -- Thomas Boswell

06-25-08, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
>YES!! Leap Frog IS a
>Seattle thing... We Seattle people
>go out daily and play
>leap frog with one another.
>Especially our children. We do
>play leap frog in the
>morning, at night, and we
>even go out on our
>lunch hours to play leap
>frog.
>
>We love our coffee. We
>love our children. We
>love leap frog.
>
>(And not necessarily in that order...<wink>)

Thanks. Good to know. I think us East Coasters stay away from Family Leap Frog for the sole reason that we don't want any family members' balls grazing our backs. Well at least most of us. I can't speak for Virginia and Georgia.

tootscarlson 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-25-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tootscarlson Click to send private message to tootscarlson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
In Wisconsin we play leapfrog after dinner but before dessert. Did DeAnna do any of the leaping because here in WI we don't let newcomers leap.

06-26-08, 02:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
ROFLMAO Toots and Realitytvwatcher!!!!

06-25-08, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
for the sole reason that we don't want any family members' balls grazing our backs.

Even the girls? Or do you not mind when the girls balls graze your back.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

06-25-08, 02:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
>for the sole reason that we
>don't want any family members'
>balls grazing our backs.

>
>
>Even the girls? Or do
>you not mind when the
>girls balls graze your back.
>
>
>

Well, for the record, I was not gender specific. I said "family members".

06-25-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
*Snort!*

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

06-26-08, 00:32 AM (EST)
15. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg.... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A Golf Ball??"

My eyes! My eyes!!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
You sure got some ugly females in Seattle. Just sayin'

No wonder Jason had to go on the Bachelorette for his shot at love.

06-26-08, 02:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
This was outragiously funny, and brought tears to my eyes when I read this.. This has been by far, the FUNNIEST thread I have ever read in my life!!! Thank you everyone for contributing to this : )

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-08 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

I was at *ahem* another site and was looking at their screencap thread. There was a very cute picture of Ty playing golf, with Jason standing in the background sort of resting on a golf club. Maybe Ty loves golf, or maybe Jason does?

ETA: Oh and this thread? Too flipping funny!!!! Good thing I had already swallowed my water when I saw the above picture. lmao!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A Golf Ball??"
There are other sites? Huh?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •